• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

lush

Throwing Snow Clash Magazine Mix

1. Caribou – She’s The One (Brokencord Edit)
2. Goldie - Kemistry (Justin Martin Remake)
3. Martyn - Red Dancer
4. XXXY - Bash
5. Happa - Boss
6. goldFFinch - Funky Steppa
7. DjRUM - Mountains Pt. 1 (Pedestrian Pirate Radio Remix)
8. Lorn - Weigh Me Down (Mono/Poly Remix)
9. TNGHT - Easy Easy
10. T Williams - Zoop
11. Akkord - Persistence
12. Jacques Greene - Ready
13. Mike G - Noob City
14. HxdB & Self Evident - New Stylee
15. Daphni - Ye Ye
16. Tones - NOS
17. Tom Demac - Critical Distance
18. Iron Galaxy - Attention Seeker
19. Throwing Snow - Obelisk

Check out this shortish mix I did yesterday, there's a download link there.

Tracklist:
1. Teengirl Fantasy - End
2. Blawan - Why They Hide Their Bodies Under My Garage
3. Bob Holroyd - African Drug (Four Tet Remix)
4. Ricardo Villalobos - Das Leben Ist So Anders Ohne Dich
5. Kölsch - All That Matters feat Troels Abrahamsen
6. Andrés - New For U
7. Junior Boys - Like A Child (Carl Craig Remix)
8. Fantastic Mr. Fox - Power

It's mostly just newer stuff from the past few months, which is just how it turned out really.

HiResDes

edubcd001_lge.jpg

gdt

Shit christ on a stick.

burial-kindred-ep.jpg

Ashtray Wasp....this song needs to be heard to be believed. Its insane, definitely Burial's best song.

not entirely sure if this is the right place to post, but i think you guys are probably knowledgeable about stuff like this

i'm looking for, with lack of a better way to describe it, rhythmically or sonically interesting electronic music. not necessarily weird time signatures, but i'm looking for electronic music that is fairly consistently fresh or interesting with the way it plays around with its melody and beats.
stuff like chik habit or ninedump from the flashbulb, and tetra-sync (esp. 4:30+) or arterial fantasy by squarepusher.

i'd really appreciate suggestions.

daviyoung

Banned
i'd really appreciate suggestions.

Have you tried stuff by Autechre? Like Dropp or Clipper. Actually, I'd suggest pretty much anything from Warp records or Ninja Tune

Anyways, got some new tunes for y'all.

Hiatus - Change Up

Hiatus - Remixes and B-Sides FREE DOWNLOADS

Atoms for Peace - Default

Mortinare - Offensive

Zed Bias - Heavy Water Riddim

MONSTA - Holdin On

Stray - Contract

Groove Armada - Pull Up

And a mix.

1.25 Hrs of Madness September 2012

1.25 Hrs of Madness September 2012 tracklist said:
1. Mouse On Mars - They Know Your Name (Machinedrum Mix)
2. Bruxa - Roll Sharp
3. Maria Minerva - The Sound
4. Danglo - Eagle Eye
5. Midnight Magic - Same Way I Feel
6. Christina Milian - Chameleon (LOL Boys Edit)
7. Jerome LOL - Sad
8. Kevin Saunderson - Future (MK AW Dub)
9. The Orb feat. Lee Scratch Perry - Ball Of Fire
10. Matthew Dear - Get The Rhyme Right
11. Anchorsong - Hit The Bottom
12. Gonja - Count Gonja
13. Microburst - Clutch
14. Waves On Canvas - Angel (John Fryer Mix)
15. Jerome LOL - Happy
16. Gulls - Boom Miami
17. Troy Ginner - Thank You For Nothing
18. Nathan Fake - Cascade Airways
19. LKID - Summer Haze
20. Diekuh - Just One (Ivan Flores Mix)
21. Hotel Child - Abbot (EPLP Mix)
22. Jus Wan - Daemonic
23. Nocow - Like Apart

okno

Just got back last night from a 12 day vacation, got a looooot of catching up to do this week! Listening to 'In Cuba' right now, and it's definitely deserving of the hype. Really cool LP.

daviyoung

Banned
12 days is like forever, you've missed a shedload of awesome stuff man. Hope you had a good holiday though.

Shaneus is banned for some reason, hope he's released soon.

okno

Yeah, if was pretty brilliant, thanks! Definitely needed it. Going to spend all day on Thursday just catching up and downloading, got really inspired on this trip! Downloading that Bicep mix from the last page right now, in the mood for some deep vibes.

Edit: hope Shaneus gets released soon, wonder what happened...

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So has anybody listened to this before?

(Shackleton - 3 EPs)

It's one of the most terrifying electronic music I've ever heard. So goddamn bleak.

Big fan of this dude's work. Snatch up his album with Pinch and the solo release from this year. Music for the Quiet Hour is immense and incredible, really one of the few things worthy of the "groundbreaking" term in the thread title (which is otherwise quite a misnomer).

thabiz

Big fan of this dude's work. Snatch up his album with Pinch and the solo release from this year. Music for the Quiet Hour is immense and incredible, really one of the few things worthy of the "groundbreaking" term in the thread title (which is otherwise quite a misnomer).

Fabric mix is really good. Last 25min is amazing.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Lots of good action going on in the NYC area in Oct/early Nov:

Sasha warehouse party hosted by Blkmarket
Tiger and Woods at Le Poisson Rouge
Disclosure
John Digweed warehouse party at top secret location

Gonna try to make as many of these as possible...

EVOL 100%

Will do. When people said his work was dark I wasn't expecting it to be that dark lol.

okno

Lots of good action going on in the NYC area in Oct/early Nov:

Sasha warehouse party hosted by Blkmarket
Tiger and Woods at Le Poisson Rouge
Disclosure
John Digweed warehouse party at top secret location

Gonna try to make as many of these as possible...

Will definitely be going to T&W and Disclosure :D Can't wait! Not a fan of "super top secret location" parties anymore, they're just too inconvenient most of the time. Would be different if I lived in Brooklyn, but getting back to Manhattan is a hassle at 6AM.

OH GOD!
Too much music to find and listen too!!!! proper first world problems though haha

So Dimensions was amazing, next year Im going to do Outlook and Dimensions combined. SO good.

Managed to see:
Mala, Pinch, Kode9, Blawan,George fitzgerald, Priah(sp), Space dimension controller,Koreless, Lando Kal, Lone, Axel Bowman, Addison Groove, Theo Parrish, Moody Mann,irration steppas and loads more im forgetting.

Highlights have to be Pinch, Kode9, Lone, Axel Bowman and Moodymann!

Now trying to get as much moodymann stuff as I can get my hands on and working my way through the stuff posted while I was away!
Oh yeah and this was waiting for me :)
399005_10151022079581567_1780473034_n.jpg

gdt

Scuba twitters up a storm about bullshit, talk about new music!

Hah, he shares my hate for this term though:

Scuba ‏@ScubaUK
It's alright, he likes "bass music"... Must be cool.

Annnnd he's also complaining about people stalking him and fighting on twitter. WTF man, so different than I would've though based on his music and stern face promo photos.

Dammit, if I could get a new (Adrenaline/Personality style) EP out of him this year I'll die.

thabiz

Annnnd he's also complaining about people stalking him and fighting on twitter. WTF man, so different than I would've though based on his music and stern face promo photos.

Where did "Bass" come from? It seems anyone crossing genre's and not playing by the rules got slapped with it.

Have you heard the ssg SCB + Jonhn Osborn mix?

SCB + John Osborn

Dammit, if I could get a new (Adrenaline/Personality style) EP out of him this year I'll die.

Hes apparently miserable and can be a real dick when he wants to be. His twitter is his soapbox haha. He rearely ever talks about new music.

Bass music is most people I knows way of being labeled a brosteper for liking actual Dubstep but it also seems to have grown beyond that.

lush

Scuba straght up comes across as a douche on Twitter. Hate Twitter/Twitter drama,

Bass music is the catch-all offshoot of UK Bass which became the term to use when dubstep went "mainstream".

thabiz

Scuba straght up comes across as a douche on Twitter. Hate Twitter/Twitter drama,

Bass music is the catch-all offshoot of UK Bass which became the term to use when dubstep went "mainstream".

Figured as much. Always see it attached to FLying Lotus, Peverelist, etc.

Esch

Banned

Isn't it funny how the underground will invent new subgenres to try and differentiate themselves, even if aesthetically they are the same or VERY similar (compositional "quality" aside)? It's not just an electronic thing either. "I'm into hip hop, not rap" etc.

Speaking of bass/uk stuff, anybody have any recommendations for that type of stuff? I've been listening to Illum Sphere and Zomby a lot and i'd like similar stuff.

thabiz

Isn't it funny how the underground will invent new subgenres to try and differentiate themselves, even if aesthetically they are the same or VERY similar (compositional "quality" aside)? It's not just an electronic thing either. "I'm into hip hop, not rap" etc.

Speaking of bass/uk stuff, anybody have any recommendations for that type of stuff? I've been listening to Illum Sphere and Zomby a lot and i'd like similar stuff.

New Zomby or Old?

For new.

Harmonic 313, Sepalcure

Concentrate on the labels more than the artist name.

BeeDog

Anyone know of any Europe-shipping shop that still sells the "Mala In Cuba" deluxe edition? I've checked most of my usual shops, but it seems to be sold out eeeeeeeverywheeeeere. :'(

Top Bottom