• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Anyone know of any Europe-shipping shop that still sells the "Mala In Cuba" deluxe edition? I've checked most of my usual shops, but it seems to be sold out eeeeeeeverywheeeeere. :'(

Pretty sure its totally gone. Bloody glad I snapped and ordered it before I left for Croatia. Got the other vinyl aswell which completes the set!
Told everyone to get on it but no none listened ;)

lush

WHAT a trio. Where'd you find this?

Soundcloud.

More #TRAP:

UKF Podcast #25: ︻╦╤─ ƱZ ─╤╦︻

1. ƱZ - Trap Shit V6
2. Heroes x Villains - Original Chopper (ƱZ Edit)
3. Gladiator x Chromatic - Gamecube Nintendo
4. Flosstradamus & Dj Sliink - Test Me [ƱZ Remix]
5. Mele - Beamer (Club Edit)
6. RL Grime - Art Money
7. ƱZ - Trap Shit V7 (VIP)
8. 5kinAndBone5 & Robert Jeffrey - Penis Power [ƱZ x L☮LGURLZ Remix] (Pyramid Juke Remix)
9. ƱZ x Baauer - Untitled
10. Stereothieves - No Panties On
11. ƱZ x CRNKN - Booty 2 The Ground
12. Bro Safari - That Ass
13. CRNKN - Signs Of Life
14. Phokus & Grapes - froze [Joney Remix]
15. Mayhem x Antiserum - Bricksquad Anthem
16. Baauer - Harlem Shake [Filthy Disco Remix]
17. Raf Riley - King Henry's Hustle
18. Zeds Dead - Cowboy [ƱZ Remix]
19. gLAdiator x LOUDPVCK - Scaley
20. D!RTY AUD!O Feat NikkiMarie - Drop That Ass
21. LiL TExAS - Hype Rhythm
22. L.E.P. Bogus Boys - Showtime

edit: This mix, lol....

okno

Thats proper. Droppin some classics too.

I only made it 40 minutes in on my commute this morning, but I'm dying to know the two songs after "Deep Inside"! He really muffed the transition into "Deep Inside", but the way he pulls out of it is masterful.

Well apparently I quite like Juke. Guess its down to Addison Groove at Dimensions.
Same for whatever Moodyman and Theo Parrish play (deep house?? god knows) shame its so hard to get any of it on digital.

BeeDog

Off-topic: as an insane electronica fan, it warms my dark heart to see the following two albums in the official new iTunes screenshots:

gGYEG.jpg

Bring the footwork. *swoon*

okno

The bigger news is Lindstrom is on there, holy shit.

OH SHIT! Bicep just got added to the Tiger & Woods bill here in NYC. HYPE!

edit: Just noticed Of Monsters and Men. Don't care for their music, but it's always fun seeing Icelandic bands getting recognition :3

daviyoung said:
Some killer 4/4.

Michael Mayer - Good Times (Smartphone Version) FREE DOWNLOAD

Frederico y Alvaro - Geometry

John Digweed and Nick Muir - Raise

Yesssssssss.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Boards of Canada, "Untitled" (Machinedrum edit)

10-11 years ago I stumbled upon a bootleg recording of one of their extremely rare live performances at the Warp 10 Birthday party in 1999. The closing tune at this show has always remained a mystery to me. As far as I know it has no title and has never been released.

Fast forward to Summer 2012... Since I am a huge nerd I decided to take this bootleg recording and re-produce it for fun. Using the recording I laid new drums over the existing drum patterns (almost 100% accurate to original), replayed some synth parts and the bassline. The only thing I didn't try to re-create was the original vocoder parts and some random samples so I used the original bootleg recording for that. I was tempted to make a shorter 4-5 minute version but I figured I should preserve the original piece in its intended length.

gdt

Nobody really responeded when I posted this mystery group awhile ago, but I've been digging in and they're really good, whoever they are. The debut EP is on Hotflush, so it has that going for it anyway.

http://soundcloud.com/slashmaster/nefertt-bless-moon

So smooth and funky.

RA review:

The facts: NeferTT is a pair of producers already well known for their solo exploits in the bass music universe. Their debut EP ranges from hyper-swung, slow-motion boogie grooves to rolling house at 130 BPM. (A digital bonus track, "III," flirts with classic electro patterns.) At points—particularly on the loping G-funk of "Cleo's Spot" and the lush, lazy "Bless Moon"—it sounds almost like Floating Points might be involved. He's not. And ultimately, the question of who is responsible might be less interesting than what's on offer here, because the music holds its own. No matter the tempo or the style, the melodies are generous, the rhythms both effective and original, and the sound as sumptuous as you could hope for.

In "Pyramel," low toms bounce off your sternum while soaring string pads suggest Joy Orbison gone space disco; in "Blue Skies Red Soil," competing breakbeats hug it out against a backdrop of feel-good funk. They're at their best, though, when they're exploring downbeat terrain. "Cleo's Spot" drizzles its portamento lead like honey over chunky congas, while "Bless Moon" frames impeccably swung hi-hat patterns against lush, jazzy keys—as tough, in its lackadaisical way, as it is elegant.

Shaneus

Yep.

Something about this song is so romantic. I love this guy.

Edit: That isn't the whole song btw.
I know :) Actually found that song by accident, when I looked for another song someone posted here (possibly you) but while the vimeo video title was titled the song I was looking for, the song in the video was Tell Me. Way better than I could have asked!

Ill Saint

I know my tastes aren't typically in line with the rest of the thread (unless we're on a nu-disco tangent!) but yeah, this trio of Violet Poison remixes from Roly Porter, Kangding Ray and Vatican Shadow make up probably one of the best things released this year.

http://soundcloud.com/violet-poison/vpnsound

Also, this Demdike Stare/Slant Azymuth split is going to be even more awesome come Halloween.

Been really digging these remixes, especially the Vatican Shadow. His recent EP was wonderful.

Check out the new Kareem / Ancient Methods split.

okno

Revenge - Wolfstock Plan B Mix

Lovin this mix. Funky on all sides.

Love this man. Have never heard a bad set from him.

Just found out Demdike Stare, Andy Stott and Perer van Hoesen are all playing at Bunker here in NYC on October 5th!! $20 for three of my favorites at one of the best venues in the city? Yes please! October is lining up to be one of the best club months in a long time.

gdt

Does anyone know when Bondax's Baby I Got That single is out? First link on google points to today....which is a sunday.

lush

Does anyone know when Bondax's Baby I Got That single is out? First link on google points to today....which is a sunday.
Don't know what the hell is going on with that one. It was originally supposed to come out August 26th. Still not up on Just Us and there's nothing on social media.

//

Feeling this one in a big way, followup to "Au Seve" on Boardwalk: Maddslinky - Compuphonic

Digging Ejeca and Addison Groove's new EPs as well. Sample the Ejeca here.

Also, new Machinedrum ripped from that Scuba Jimmy Edgar b2b: "Luft" and "Part Of Me".

New Boddika ripped from the INDJsWT Show on BBC Radio 1 with Mosca last Thursday: "Beats Me"

And this Jim-E Stack mix for Boiler Room is nice.

Who was going to this? guy I met a few weeks ago via another mate is playing there (Scotty A) :)

I should be going out but im half tempted still.
482974_10151191926151998_2087313443_n.jpg

Top Bottom