• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

lush

L-Vis 1990 - Ballad 4D // Ripped from Bok Bok's Rinse mix

Zapp & Roger - Dancefloor Baby (Late Nite Tuff Guy Rework)

Lapalux - Forgetting and Learning Again (feat. Kerry Leatham)

Recondite - DRGN / Wist 365 (HFT025)

New Flying Lotus and Hudson Mohawke ripped from the BBC Radio 1 Show with Benji B (20th September 2012):

Hudson Mohawke - Tingle
Flying Lotus - Stacks

Not really feeling that Four Tet remix of Angels. That Todd Terje remix of "How Do You Do?" by Hot Chip has been killing me today, what a track.

Kraftwerk

not sure if I have posted this here before, but just in-case :)

ION - C90 Set

Deep Minimal Dub sounds. Some heavier stuff in there too.

One of the greatest mixes I have ever heard. The transitons are phenomenal and sublime. The first 5 minutes are a warm up, and then things pick-up.

I can't stop listening to the sounds at 30:00 - 35:00. Recommend skipping to that part if you want to get an idea fo the whole mix. Those deep dub sounds that keep hitting you. Don't even know how to describe them. Fuck.

I've been using this mix for my running/cycling sessions. Absolutely perfect.

EDIT:

The beat at 30:00 is;

Ryo Murakami - Down The Sky (Argy Remix)

So fucking good.

lush

Julio Bashmore - In New DJs We Trust Mix

Rick Wilhite — Drum Pattern & Memories (Moodymann Mix) - The Godson / Soul Edge, Rush Hour Recordings
Fudge Fingas — Snow Day - S.V.T. EP, Rush Hour Recordings
Harri Baldi — G+T+F
Spandex — Piano
Jayson Brothers — North & Pulaski - MCDE
Orgue Electronique — Our House (KiNK & Neville Watson Remix) - Strange Paradise
Metrobox — Ode Aan WPH (Humandrone Remix) - We Play House Recordings CDR
Marshall Jefferson — Mushrooms (Trevino Remix) - White
Maddslinky — Compuphonic - Broadwalk Records
Space Dimension Controller — Back Through Time With A Mission Of Groove - R&S
Two Inch Punch — Moonstruck
Boska — British Funk Museum Article No. 808 - Studio Barnhus
Diana Ross — My Old Piano - Motown

or Download

Lianne La Havas - Forget (Laurel Halo remix)
RL Grime - Flood (Free Download)
Ejeca - See Through You (clip)
Nosaj Thing - Eclipse/Blue (feat. Kazu Makino)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Anyone in Seattle want to come with me? ;__;

Jf1pL.jpg

Demdike Stare is playing the night before (and doing a live re-scoring of La Vampire Nue earlier in the week!) at the same location but I can't go because of work and school. Extreme sadness.

thabiz

Maily - That Brutal House Mix

Blawan - What You Do With What You Have
In The Coach house - Time Warp [maily edit] In The Coach House - Time Warp[maily edit] by Maily
Corneille - Liberation [MJ COLE REMIX DUB]
Theo Parrish - Dusty Cabinets
Oni Ayhun - OAR004-A
L-Vis 1990 - Girl Clap
John Heckle - Lunik (The Dream)
DJ Skull - The Graveyard Orchestra
Throbbing Gristle - Throbbing Gristle - hot on the heels of love [maily's labour of love edit] by Maily
Two Lone Swordsmen - Rotting Hill Carnival
Russ Gabriel - Aligator Voodoo
Myth - Quinto II Quinto by Myth!
Omar S - Gunup Runup
Rick Wilhite - What Do You See (rick's groove mix)
Blawan - Iddy
Maily & Sytemattik - MFSIR mix 1 by Maily
Blackmass Plastics - Turbosound http://mutantbassrecords.bandcamp.com/album/pulsar-pollution-ep
L-Vis 1990 - Workout
Full Effect - It's Raw [maily edit] by Maily

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I was checking out some old CFCF mixes and after randomly following a couple of links, I ended up on the Soulection label's bandcamp. After working backwards chronologically through several of their (mostly free!) releases, there's some really solid stuff to be had here if you're into the whole nightbus/chill/bass thing. Definitely bookmarking the page for future listening.

Can't wait to listen to this.

After it was used in the Jerome LOL and Schlohmo boilerroom-sets. I'm now addicted to Jeremih - Fuck You All The Time . (It's more R&B then electronic)

You should grab Jeremih's free Late Nights mixtape from a month or two back. Probably one of the better things to come out this year, regardless of genre.

Hmm allways fun going back and listeing to old mixes and hearing stuff that was like "what the hell is THIS!" and now knowing it well.
Just about to finish James Blakes one been a good 5 months since the last listen. Might have to go with Nicolass Jarrs one next.

Yeah this is pretty old, and I hate it. I can't stand that dude talking. I need the instrumental.

Here is the other song from the single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yLaxXVv65o

Thats why the new is in " " as in its new to actually buy. Abit like how Mercy was out in 2012 but had been rinsed through 2011!

The words are the best part! though I will say the first "verse" is the best and loses its edge the more pitched up and wonky it gets.

Does he just produce under this name to avoid fans on his album but not his djing getting pissed for making even weirder music? Still not seen him Dj or Live this year :|

joelseph

Does he just produce under this name to avoid fans on his album but not his djing getting pissed for making even weirder music? Still not seen him Dj or Live this year :|

Don't know the real reason but I bet it has to do with a few things; 1 - different style, very sample heavy. 2 - helps get it out on white labels and retains a connection to the artist

okno

This is groundbreaking, but groundbreaking for the time. A mate dropped it while doing a bar gig on Saturday night. Prepare to be schooled:
Eric B. & Rakim - Paid in Full (Seven Minutes of Madness - The Coldcut Remix)

Fucking incredible. I miss creativity :(

Oh shit, this song. Been ages since I've heard it! Excited to dig into that Perseus mix, too.

New Bicep, as has already been discussed to death, is the hotness. Can't wait to see them on the 6th!

Some new digs:
HxdB - Up (Pasteman Remix)
Mak - Work On You
Pasteman - Beggin' It (the whole EP is just nuts)
LTJ - Get Down (Brutal slow burner disco jam)
Dead Rose Music Company - Tonight EP
Mock & Toof - My Head
Les Sins - Fetch <-- Deep!
Mr. Gagun - Beiju Teu (George Kelly Remix)
Really loving the garage revival movement happening right now.

Also, played another afterparty set last week. Had to cut it short, because the party devolved into a complete shit show (the good kind, but shit was getting too wild for safety). I think some of you guys will get a kick out of it ;)

Denfert-Rochereau
Lucky & Easy - Classylassy
Dolly Parton - Jolene (Disco Tech edit)
Play It Safe, vol. 4 (excerpt)
West Norwood Cassette Library - Blonde On Blonde (Pearson Sound Remix)
Ramadanman & Appleblim - Justify (Will Saul & Mike Monday Remix)
Trevino - Backtracking
Freaks - We Move feat. Stella Attar
Doc Daneeka & Benjamin Damage - Creeper (Album Version)
Extrawelt - Leaf 43 (Neverlasting Edit)
Moralez - Motion Elements (Snuff Crew Remix)
Unknown - Thank You Michael &rt; Disclosure - My Intention Is War (Fig II)
Elijah Collins - When I'm Around You
Boddika & Joy Orbison - Swims (Alternate Mix)
214 - The Spores Are Coming

Vally

That song is awesome! so happy and upbeat, puts me in a good mood

Aaron Mcclelland & Chelsie - The Sound Of Silence (2012 Total Rework)
Beautiful cover of Simon & Garfunkel's song, love the vocals

Mark Ronson - Bang Bang Bang (Russ Chimes Remix)
This one is a couple years old but didn't hear it until now, such a great track

Also I made a mix with Virtual DJ, mostly house/nu disco. It's my first mix so it's very basic and some of the transitions are a bit sloppy, but anyway here's the tracklist if anyone is interested

Link
David Latour - Friday Night Feat. Kst Worldclass (Madeon Mix)
Chromeo - Night By Night
Martin Solveig - The Night Out (Madeon Mix)
Xinobi - Day Off (Original Mix)
Fukkk Offf - More Than Friends - Markus Lange & Stereofunk Remix
Chromeo - Fancy Footwork
Jupiter - One O Six (A.N.D.Y. Remix)
Jay C & Shena - The Music (Original Mix)
Sneaky Sound System - Really Want To See You Again (Funkagenda Remix)
Yordis - Tonight
Fm Attack - Sleepless Nights (Original Mix)
Lykke Li - Little Bit (Autoerotique Bootleg Remix)
Tensnake - Around The House (Dj T.'S 2011 Edit)
Brad Walsh - When We Fight (Fonzerelli's Classic 80's Remix)

Shaneus

Oh shit, this song. Been ages since I've heard it! Excited to dig into that Perseus mix, too.
I just had a quick flick through that Perseus mix (on your mention of it, ahaha) and it's hot shit. There's a track around 10 min that reminds me of this (imo) classic:
discogs

I strongly recommend you check it out. If you can't, I have it and will upload it to YT later today :)

Shaneus

Whoa, nice! Really cool track. Sounds a LOT like Lindstrom - Eg-ged-osis (Todd Terje Extended Mix), but with a punchier vibe.
Ah, glad you found it!

I actually have a tonne of old stuff that's really good yet was never popular and is a bitch to find anywhere. I should sort through all my old CDs and get rid of all the crap... there are some absolute gems there that may never get played again, but just may. Golden Parachute was a definite favourite though.

A few:
Jurgens - Love it
Sasse - Soul Sounds (Dirt Crew Solid Diamond Remix) (only the first half of that video though, I think the rest is the next track off that compilation it's on)
Drama Society feat. Turner - Crying Hero (Tiga Remix)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say

New Bicep, as has already been discussed to death, is the hotness. Can't wait to see them on the 6th!

We will definitely need to meet up @ T&W/Bicep, I just got my tickets off RA last night... listened to your last mix on a bike ride the other day, was good!

Top Bottom