• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

bowery

new lftf mix for your guilty trap pleasures

thign.jpg

lush

Mixes:

Little Boots We Love Mix
Ejeca Vinyl Mix
Get Down Edits September Mix

All really fun mixes, this one has been absolutely slaying me off that Get Down Edits mix: Monitor 66 - Triscuits

Ticklish - No 1 But U // Apparently Machinedrum was dropping this one at Dimensions
Ejeca - Night Rays (clip)
Jessie Ware - Night Light (Joe Goddard Remix)
Falty DL - Straight and Arrow (Four Tet Remix)
Telephoned - Last Night (Krystal Klear Remix)
Artifact - Worn EP // Local Action, sounds big.
Breach & Midland - 001 / Something
L-Vis 1990 - ? // ripped from the latest Clek Clek Boom Boomcast

Lastly:

Rising star of house music Jacques Greene takes over the 6 Mix for 120 minutes of future floor fillers. Hailing from Montreal, Quebec, the enigmatic Greene began to make a name for himself in 2011 when his remixes of Katy B, Jimmy Edgar and Radiohead set the online music world alight. Since then he's released a string of EPs including Concealer featuring a collaboration with Koreless, hooked up with respected UK label and club night Nightslugs and even made a cameo appearance in Azealia Banks' video for '212'. All this at only 21 years old! In his debut 6 Mix, Jacques plays a set of upfront new music as well as seminal tunes which have inspired his futuristic house sound.

Fri 5 Oct 2012 22:00

Shaneus

I'm not sure what to make of that :/

TBH, I haven't really gone out of my way to hear anything of his since he did Pop Culture/Raise Your Weapon/Shuriken. I have a feeling he's started to sound a little bit samey/generic.

I've probably posted this before, but I don't care. My iTunes just randomly came across it and I forgot how damn good it was (no self-modesty here!). Love the hell out of this mix :)
Shaneus - Pixel Perfect
Just keep in mind that it was done over four years ago (although having said that, there are a number of tracks there I wouldn't mind digging out again) so don't judge too harshly! Just providing something different to listen to for you guys.

This is from last year but id never heard it and I thought id heard 90% of his stuff
http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2011/02/nicolas-jaar
01 Bob Dylan "Love Sick" (Sony)
02 Nicolas Jaar "What My Last Girl Put Me Through"
03 Wendy Rene "After Laughter Comes Tears (Nicolas Jaar Edit)"
04 Nicolas Jaar "Materials (Nico's Bluewave Edit)"
05 The Enticers "Thief (Live Set Edit)"
06 Pharoah Sanders "Meeting John Coltrane"
07 Nicolas Jaar "Variations" (Circus Company)
08 Nicolas Jaar "Hage Chahine (feat. Will Epstein)" (Wolf+ Lamb)
09 Nicolas Jaar "Dubliners" (Clown & Sunset)
10 Nicolas Jaar "Colomb" (Circus Company)
11 Nicolas Jaar "Avalanche (Tribute to Leonard Cohen)"
12 Nicolas Jaar "Russian Dolls" (Clown & Sunset)
13 Nicolas Jaar "Encore"

Also this is pretty fun
Dj Spinn- LOL

Ticklish - No 1 But U // Apparently Machinedrum was dropping this one at Dimensions

I was pretty drunk when I saw him at Dimensions! All I can really remember him playing is this
DJ Rashad vs Julio Bashmore - Battle For Middle You (Juke Remix)

lush

I was pretty drunk when I saw him at Dimensions! All I can really remember him playing is this
DJ Rashad vs Julio Bashmore - Battle For Middle You (Juke Remix)

Guess it was on the XLR8R boat party.

Kastle Dub Selekta Festival Decompression Mix
01. Stimming – Change ft. Lazarusman
02. LOL Boys – Changes (Shlohmo Remix)
03. Fybe:One – So What
04. We Sink – Inside ft. Andrea
05. Clicks & Whistles – 2 Much Higher (XI Remix)
06. Ruddyp – Re/Mind
07. TCTS – Lookin 2 U
08. Tony Quattro – Doubt
09. Obey City – My RVM
10. Surkin & Todd Edwards – This Way
11. Figgy – Only You
12. Bambounou – Night
13. Plezier – That Was Me
14. Atlantic Connection – The Jump Off (Brent Still Life Remix)
15. Jason Burns & Brent Still Life – Right Here (We Sink Remix)
16. Troy Gunner – Heads In Hands
17. Swindle – Need To Know ft. Toddla T & Sam Frank
18. Para One – Lean On Me ft. Teki Latex (Salva Remix)
19. Frank Ocean – Pyramids (Kastle Remix)
20. Dauwd – What’s There
21. Koreless – Lost In Tokyo (Jacques Greene Remix)
22. Stickman – Known
23. Kastle & iO – Only You
24. XXYYXX – Overdone ft. Anneka

Jeremih - Fuck U All The Time (Shlohmo Remix)
2Chainz - No Lie (Cashmere Cat Edit)
Justin Martin - Don't Go (Dusky Remix)
Spector - Never Fade Away (Damu Remix)
Sample new EP from Karenn(Pariah & Blawan).

okno

Can someone suggest to me music like Vitalic?

Gessafelstein.

Peep that Karenn EP this morning, not feeling it. Too noisy, even for those two. It's not bad, but it feels bloated and weird.

Listened to that Ejeca vinyl mix on my way in to work this morning and hot dawg! So many tracks on there I want.

okno

Anything else? Having a hard time finding stuff from those two

Where are you shopping? Beatport has loads of stuff from those two. Beatport will actually be a good resource for you. Can't really help you much more than that, don't listen to that sort of music much anymore.

Shaneus

I don't see why it's a dollar more...bandwidth reasons? eh
Pretty much. ~80mb vs ~15mb. If you're looking at FLAC you'd only be saving around 20-30mb anyway.

Depends on how much that trust is worth. Is it really worth quibbling over a buck when you're stressing so much about quality?

Shaneus

Wait... so GAF is blocked but YT and SC are fine? That's bizarre. But... exactly the same as at my work. Under "streaming and media". I can only assume that the guy who manages our proxy is a GAFfer.

NeoGAF. Net?

For me it's Facebook yes, Gmail no.
Nope not working either. It's so strange I can go on a dubstep forum but not GAF of resident advisor. No Facebook but gmail, soundcloud and YouTube is ok. Really bizarre..
Have come across some old but really good boiler room sets though because of it.

Tokubetsu

I actually like that araab x sleigh bells joint. Don't know why I never thought about sampling them before, especially their latest album which I actually really loved.

Annoyingly I had a little mix to share but the upload fucked up :(
Only feeling the DEAF song off that ep so far but it was free so 1/3 ain't bad.

HiResDes

thank you, this is already so good

I disagree. I think it's horrendous. I figured out why I don't like it a lot of this new trap shit. They're very few trap artists like Lunice truly making something that belongs in its own genre. Flosstradamus is making glorified bro-step, trap to a lot of these artists is merely bro-step with hard hitting mid-bass drops. Fuck that shit.

Top Bottom