• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

bowery

justice isnt cool anymore and their last album sounds like 40 minutes of car commercial music
, jk thats pretty awesome they are killer live and across the universe was so good

Shaneus

justice isnt cool anymore and their last album sounds like 40 minutes of car commercial music
, jk thats pretty awesome they are killer live and across the universe was so good
The last time I saw them do a DJ set they actually sucked. They got big points for playing the Soulwax remix of Phantom, but pulled the track back during the buildup and missed the drop completely.

gdt

EP or Single? Either way I'm stoked.

Two long ass songs.

Ships in 14 days
"December 17th 2012 will see the publication of a new single by Burial. The release is comprised of two pieces of music, with a combined duration of 25 minutes 32 seconds. It will be available in physical formats on 180 gramme vinyl, and CD. A. One (11.45) B. Two (13.47)

gdt

Its an interesting read-essentially that the need to tour to make money leaves little time to sit in the studio or on your computer to make music-but its built on the notion that dance music sucks major ass right now. While people certainly have their preferences of genre and can look back to other stuff, I'm not sure that the major major suckage is so obvious to the rest of us. 99% of everything is shit, always, so how is now any different?

injurai

Banned
Its an interesting read-essentially that the need to tour to make money leaves little time to sit in the studio or on your computer to make music-but its built on the notion that dance music sucks major ass right now. While people certainly have their preferences of genre and can look back to other stuff, I'm not sure that the major major suckage is so obvious to the rest of us. 99% of everything is shit, always, so how is now any different?

you're right, even a lot of the stuff you guys post in here I don't like. And I can tell in the first few seconds solely by the drum beat. But my taste in music has been shaped by complicated drum beats and and weird time signatures.

Pretty much anything with a droning drumbeat sounds bad. and House these days is the worst offender.

thabiz

Third Ear Podcast Dec
1. Recast - Consensual (Beatless mix) - Third Ear Recordings 3EEP-2011_05
2. Delano Smith - Trans - Third Ear Recordings 3EEP-107
3. Benjamin Brunn - U Teach Us - Third Ear Recordings 3ELP-2012_10
4. Dopius - Warpin' - Third Ear Recordings 3EEP-2013_ (to be released July 2013)
5. Malik Alston - Butterfly - Third Ear Recordings 3ELP-001
6. K Hand - Down In Chicago - Third Ear Recordings 3EEP-2013_01 (to be released January 2013)
7. B. Riddim - In Theory - Third Ear Recordings 3EEP-2012_02
8. Pirahnahead featuring GoddesStephanie - Dancing Feels Like - Third Ear Recordings 3EEP-2012_06
9. Wbeeza - He So Crazy - Third Ear Recordings 3EEP-100
10 DJ Pippi, Tuccillo, Kiko Navarro - Back 2 Back (Willie Graff and Tuccillo dub) 3EEP-2011_07
11. Soul Designer - The Soul Is Back (Luke Slater remix) 3EEP-2010_03

Jay Denham - COCO.fm Mix

John Heckle - Searching for Rowan

Aubrey - November Mix 2012
INTRO- AUBREY (UNRELEASED)
1-BEN SIMS-SPECTRUM-UNRELEASED, THEORY RECS
2-PAUL MAC-JACK THE DAM BOX-UNRELEASED
3-AIKEN-HIGHLY COMPLEX-MOWAR (PROMO)
4-SAMULI KEMPPI-ESCAPE-KOMISCH 012
5-ANALOG PEOPLE-MY WAY- (AUBREY REMIX) (UNRELEASED) GLIDER RECS
6-STEPHEN BROWN-FUEGO (BEN SIMS REMIX) THEORY RECS
7-MARK AMBROSE SHOOTING STARS (AUBREYS DARK REMIX) THEORY 42 (UNRELEASED)
8-MYLES SERGE-WHITE NOISE. (UNRELEASED) TRANSLUCENT RECS
9-BEN SIMS-RAISE YOUR HANDS-MR G REMIX (UNRELEASED)
10-PAUL MAC-SOMETIMES IT'S THAT SIMPLE (UNRELEASED)
11-KOMISCH 013-TENSION
12-MYLES SERGE-MORRITOS-REFORM 06
13-AUBREY UNTITLED-KOMPLEX DE DEEP 20 (UNRELEASED)
15-UNBALANCE-GET UP
16-AUBREY-UNTITLED UNRELEASED, THEORY RECS
17-OZKA-GREY LINES (UNRELEASED)
18-ANALOG PEOPLE-MY WAY-GLIDER RECS
19-PAUL MAC-SOMETIMES ITS THAT SIMPLE-JOHN HECKLE REMIX (UNRELEASED)
20-AUBREY UNTITLED UNRELEASED FROM 1997
OUTRTO AUBREY. (UNRELEASED)

10 12" with Se-Te-Ve
1_RTX_Pendulum _Deeply Rooted House 038
2_Samuel André Madsen_This party ain't over_Nord 001
3_Nikola Gala_Only (Ryan Elliott remix)_Rekids 062
4_Tony Lionni_Anubis_Tokyo House Underground
5_Jussi Pekka_Distinct only within_Audiomatique005
6_Redshape_The land_3024 017
7_Mirko Hecktor_Homeless house Chicago raw remix_Knuggles recordings 003
8_Maxx Renn_Acid Jack_Jamayka 019
9_Joeski_I will rise_Moezee Musik 002
10_Simon Weiss_Amsterdam waves (rewaved)_Rush Hour 042

gdt

I wish he would've just released Talk Torque/Hardbody together though. Still can't figure that out. Put that other song hes got kicking around, and that would've been an absolutely monster EP, on par with Adrenaline.

okno

Also, Scuba uploaded the full version of "Hardbody" to his YouTube channel. 'Hardbody' will be released via Hot Flush Recordings on December 10th

Infinitely more fun than "Talk Torque," excited for this. I got tired of "Talk Torque" almost as soon as I bought it, Scuba's schtick right now just isn't jiving with me anymore.

Shaneus

Missed seeing Hot in 82 a few weeks ago. Shame, because I love his stuff.

Oh well, at least I have Todd Terje this Friday :D

AlexSmash

Absolutely dont like the new Scuba release.

Seriously it just isnt fresh anymore at this point and sounds horribly over produced.

injurai

Banned

Seriously it just isnt fresh anymore at this point and sounds horribly over produced.

It's not awful, I just don't get the high praise that Scuba and Blawan get in this thread.

Probably should listen to more of both of them though.

Galang

Banned
Did not expect a new Burial release again in the same year. He should just save all his tracks for a new album at this point I feel. :S

Also, Scuba uploaded the full version of "Hardbody" to his YouTube channel. 'Hardbody' will be released via Hot Flush Recordings on December 10th

This is great!!

Does Kode9 have an instrumental album without The Spaceape?

Nope. I am waiting for this too, even though I absolutely love the spaceape. The book Kode9 wrote on the perception of sound seemed to imply he might never be interested either. I get the impression he feels his sound would lose something. He hinted something coming soon, but I think it's another spaceape record. I'd love to be surprised though.

injurai

Banned
Grimes fans:

Two bonus disc's have been released to Visions. here and here

9 new trax

Tonight is filled with so much great news.
excited.gif

gdt

Dat Harbody!, listened to it 3 times today, but I'm trying to keep it fresh for next week.

Oh and I'm backing up my music right now. Lush has sacrificed himself for my benefit, thank you Lush.

injurai

Banned
Okay I'm curious. What are the go to drum machines / Synthesizers out there right now? Thinking about putting it on this seasons wish list.

Should I be looking at some combo board, or individual hardware?

Know what I love about house? It's never been a fad so it never sounds old. Take that, you weirdo trap loving weirdos :p

College feat Anoraak - Fantasy Park (Moullinex remix)

(I've also been on a bit of a retro 70s/80s funky housey French kick recently, so it helps to listen to stuff that sounds like it's 25 years old ;) )

Haha your so scared of change, old man! ;)

Do you listen to any moodymann or theo Parrish? It's hard to find mixes by them but I'm pretty sure it's your thing.

Scuba gets alot of praise because he's really good? Guy can make anything from dubstep/techno to prog house. His dj sets are allways on point aswell, can do techno in Berghain then jet off and play prog house with Sasha and you'd think he only played the style you saw first.

Shaneus

Haha your so scared of change, old man! ;)

Do you listen to any moodymann or theo Parrish? It's hard to find mixes by them but I'm pretty sure it's your thing.

Scuba gets alot of praise because he's really good? Guy can make anything from dubstep/techno to prog house. His dj sets are allways on point aswell, can do techno in Berghain then jet off and play prog house with Sasha and you'd think he only played the style you saw first.

;)

I dig Moodymann, but never really felt Parrish. Make sense?

okno

I'm thinking of making a thread for a mix swap, similar to the secret Santa thread. Anyone here interested in that? We did it last year and it was pretty successful.

Top Bottom