• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

Holy balls.

One thing the person who gets Shaneus could do is upload the mix online to somewhere private, make a sleeve for it and ship that with the link to the mix. Should be cheaper that way.

okno

No clue what's going on. No PM from a mod and no edit in the OP, so I have no idea who was the one behind the lock. Really weird, me thinks, I guess you have to get permission to do this? Just weird to do it with no explanation what-so-ever.

daviyoung

Banned
seems a bit shitty, maybe Secret Santas are banned?

only other thing I can think of is it's distribution of copyrighted material, or possible distribution of pirated material but that would be ridiculous

it was a really good idea and anyone with music software could get involved

okno

Reached out to Evilore about this, as I have no idea who locked it. I'm having a hard time understanding why it was locked, due to the multitude of threads that were started in a very similar fashion (free to a good home, secret santa, etc.), so who knows. It could be a redundancy thing.

Sucks that Jamie is on right now, just about to leave work D:

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm definitely in! (NY/US)

Also okno, I'd try PMing Hyoushi too, he's a mod and has also made some DJ mixes before (hell you might be able to get him to sign up for this).

bowery

jamie xx is killing shit right now, playing tons of xx tracks also....some day i will see this man live......i really hope he does a follow up solo album far nearer is one of my favorite songs of 2011

joelseph

Can't access at work and I am leaving for the night. Will have to catch the recording, please release it fast!! Night. Hope everything gets straightened out for the mixgiving.

joelseph

Just someone, preferably Okno, reach out to Stumpokapow and politely ask to have the rights wronged. In the meantime keep this thread at the top of the forums for visibility. <3

thabiz

I cant see how its copyright related. Theres no laws about posting mixes, or playing this stuff live. If there was, we wouldnt have DJ's.

joelseph

I cant see how its copyright related. Theres no laws about posting mixes, or playing this stuff live. If there was, we wouldnt have DJ's.

I'm convinced the mods hate a few of us "EDM kids". The last time they locked a thread of mine they said it was because there was already a similar thread in OT. It was the powerball thread and I was trying to create my powerball threads. Anyways, I explained to the mods that they were two seperate things and it didn't make sense to close mine and they opened it back up. I think that is all we have to do here.

lush

This thread/community doesn't have the respect/brand the other music communities have. We need to infiltrate the mods with our own plant that can do our bidding from within.

gdt

jamie xx is killing shit right now, playing tons of xx tracks also....some day i will see this man live......i really hope he does a follow up solo album far nearer is one of my favorite songs of 2011

I had tickets to see The XX Oct 29....the night the hurricane hit :(. Reschedule till 1/27....can't wait. Dunno if Chairlift is still opening....maybe Jaime will just do a set :D.

Edit: Dropping in his Lion remix now....damn that was smooth. He sped it up too.

lush

No chairlift. Probably going to see them in Asheville 01/30(they're playing in Nashville as well, might do that instead). Stoked.

A jamie set would be awesome. They were amazing first time I saw them. Nosaj thing and jj opened.

bowery

haha yesss the toro y moi crowd.........was some post hipster 40 year old obese interpretive dance shit going on there.....

okno

Cyan just replied stating it is a legal thing, and cited a recent Reddit thread that was shut down similar reasons. He said they would keep it open, but closed it to protect themselves.

I'll reach out to Stump. Maybe if we take out the online hosting thing it'll fly.

Top Bottom