• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

lush

I suppose for size all the tracks in the .zip are only 192 kbps. So anything you want in 320 you'll have to download individually. Still pretty awesome, looks like alot of good stuff too.

Divius

I suppose for size all the tracks in the .zip are only 192 kbps. So anything you want in 320 you'll have to download individually. Still pretty awesome, looks like alot of good stuff too.
192kbs confirmed. 720MB for 100 tracks with a total lenght of over 8 hours. Welp, I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
You need 320k for the complete experience, a lot can be lost by almost halving it.

I imagine a few gems will be lost amongst a load of rubbish as well, stand-out tracks deserve to be spotlighted on their own. Music shouldn't be an all-you-can-eat buffet. That's the music INDUSTRY :/

injurai

Banned

192 is transparent anyways, people that say other should listen to their music louder and do a bit of damage to their ear drums.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Speaking of louder the better:

Disco Music, Disco 80's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A67wZHlnvw

bN7mo.png

Italo disco / laser dance / video kids / woodpecker from space / 80's mix / disco mix / disco music :)

Edit: or if you'd prefer something a bit more 'ard: http://bit.ly/UzdXyt ;)

gdt

Frank B - Chain of Fools maaaan I forgot how amazing this song is. This guy need to put some more stuff out asap.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Looking for some recommendations for something that sound very bleep and boopy if that makes any sense. I'm talking I guess something similar to hmmm some of Jimmy Tamborello's output. If this doesn't make sense I'll try and do a better description if I can in a follow up post.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
So good. Except for the fact that my shitty work browser can't display the new sound cloud nor go back to the old one now.

Mobile? Home browser?

Don't let limitations of technology get in the way of hearing something you might love. Soundcloud works fine for me on everything, there is new stuff pouring out of it everywhere at the moment ;)

Alucrid

Banned
Mobile? Home browser?

Don't let limitations of technology get in the way of hearing something you might love. Soundcloud works fine for me on everything, there is new stuff pouring out of it everywhere at the moment ;)
Oh, I listened to it on my phone but my data plan is at 75 percent so I can't keep streaming it. Someone should rip to YouTube.

thabiz

DFRNT - Winter Music Mix 2012
01 Steve Gibbs - Bokeh
02 Owsey, Stumbleine & Shura - You Came Out Of Nowhere
03 Narcotic 303 - Other Reality
04 M. Rahn - Changes
05 Overcast Sound - Deer People
06 AM Light - 167
07 Clip - Miss Takes
08 Wasserfall - Thursday
09 Coppice Halifax - Hallex
10 Ivan Dbri - Hechoes
11 DaDub - Beyond The Veil
12 Indigo - Sunrise

Genotype - Decarhythm mix
1.Genotype-Vibes Dem All-Dub
2.Genotype-My Bubble, My Zone- Dub
3.Genotype-Rain Rinse-Dub
4.Genotype-Break The Rules-Decarhythm
5.Genotype-Purple Lies(house/Techno mix)-Dub
6.Genotype-I Am Who I Am, Its What It Is-Dub
7.Genotype-27/7/365-Dub
8.Genotype-Know Da Play-Decarhythm
9.Genotype-Dont Disturb My Dreams-Dub
10.Genotype-Weather What Weather-Decarhythm
11.Sabre-650cc-Dub
12.Genotype-Ill Sh*t-Decarhythm
13.Kamikaze Space Programme-Hat P-Dub
14.Genotype-Down Filth-Dub
15.Gingy & Bordello-Iron & Water-New Jack Techno
16.Locked Groove & Gingy-Tie Dye-New Jack Techno
17.Kamikaze & Firejose-Double Take-Dub
18.Nautiluss-Troubleman-New Jack Techno
19.Orphan-Patecher-Decarhythm
20.Eric Volta feat D. Ablo-Belive(Odd parents and Danny Daze Remix)
21.Genotype-Curtains Drawn-Dub
22.Eric Volta-MY Senses and My Window To Your World-Dub

Surgeon - This is the place where the intellect gets annihilated
Chicago Skyway - Heavens & Angels (Extended Version) - MOSDEEP001
Jake Conlon - Pull Your Neck In - PRTP003
BMB - In Another Country - LTECH002
The 65d Mavericks - Estrangement of the Past (Surgeon mix) - Surface
MPIA3 - Mountains Of Ash - R&S
Milton Bradley - Alien Rain 2B - Alien Rain
Sei A - Hypen - HEK020i
Peverelist & Kowton - Raw Code - Livity Sound
MPIA3 - Roly Poly Babs - R&S
Randomer - Freak Dub - HEK018
WK7 - Higher Power (Hardcore PCK Mix) - PH303
Reeko - Electrical Phenomena - Pole Group
BMB - Dead Sun - LTECH002
Fishermen - Anchor Buoy - Skudge
WK7 - The Avalanche (Original Mix) - PH202
Braiden - Belfry Tower - RH044
Stephen Brown - Fuego - Theory041
Error Ética - Quasar (NX1 Remix) - Psychoskunk
Shadows - Distorted Images (Mike Parker Remix) - AVN006
Karenn - Sailing Solvents - SHEWORKS 004
Truss - Splot - OCS006
Alex Coulton - Bounce - Livity Sound
Paul Mac - Resident Problem
Untold - Breathe (Nautiluss remix) - Hemlock
Tripeo - First Trip (B) - TRIP1
Truss - Beacon (MPIA3 Definition) - OCS006
Paul Mac - Hotel Insomnia - EPM Music
Innerspace Halflife - Wind - MOSDEEP12
TR \ ER - UC - BROS001
Untold - Stop what you're doing (Kowton remix) - Hemlock
Cut Hands - Krokodilo - VFSL102

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
So many tracks lost amongst mixes :/

Edit: all sound very aggressive for such a nice day as well. You can't annihilate intellect, nor imagination haha

gdt

50 minute interview with Tiesto which covers his residency in Ibiza, his collaboration with Deadmau5, the modernization of dance music, and how producers can get their music heard. Pretty interesting stuff.

Did he say 35 people work for him? He accent is a bit thick, plus the mic is far. Jesus christ. I've never heard a single song this guy has ever made and he has 35 people working for him.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sounds about right.

You really are a miserable cunt, has someone run over your dog? Have you even listened to the remix of I Feel Love on the new Faithless album yet? It's fucking AMAZING! And I posted an image of what to look for above.

Cheer up mate, or the rest of your life is going to be VERY miserable.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Tiesto was actually the reason I started getting into electronic music, I used to love his In Search of Sunrise compilations, especially Volume 6. Some of my favorite songs come from that album:

The Veil Kings - Searching for Truth

Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek (Tiësto's In Search of Sunrise Remix)

Deadmau5 - Arguru

In Search Of Sunrise 3 is really impressive and probably the height of his empire IMO. Tiesto's productions can be pretty hit-or-miss for me, really depends on what ghostwriters he's using. I'm more of a fan of his DJing.

Here's some of my track picks:

Suburban Train (my favorite trance song of all time)

Gouryella - Gouryella (collab. with Ferry Corsten - one of the first MP3s I've ever d/led, first time I heard of Tiesto)

Lethal Industry

Bright Morningstar

Slumber

Sparkles (Transa mix)

You really are a miserable cunt, has someone run over your dog? Have you even listened to the remix of I Feel Love on the new Faithless album yet? It's fucking AMAZING! And I posted an image of what to look for above.

Cheer up mate, or the rest of your life is going to be VERY miserable.

lol bit of an over reaction? mans allowed to have an opinion you know.
I dont much care for tiesto either and I allways find it grating for people to say "o.m.g you havent heard of X Dj/producer" as you cant have heard of everyone.

Pretty sure if I remember rightly gdt really only gets his dance music from this thread as no one he knows IRL listens to it so its not really surprising he hasnt heard of Tiesto.

Ill post this nice jazz dubstep (not bro..) song hopefully someone will enjoy it as much as I do.
Jack Sparrow- The Good Old days
Wouldnt be out of place in a nicolas Jarr mix..

gdt

What're you guys single/eps/albums of the year. Just name 1/a few in each category.

Single (one or two track release)

Scuba - Talk Torque (though its hard to come up with more of these)/ Hardbody

EP
Bicep - Visions of Love
Jacques Greene - Ready
Blawan - His He She And She / Long Distance Open Water Worker
XXXY - Everything

So many awesome EPs this year. AlbumOTY for me is Personality, of course.

Top Bottom