• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Nyx

The Ben Klock and Norman Nodge are def must listens.

As is this.

strut100.jpg

Yeah those are among the ones I'm going to try and find.

Not really into Klock (and Dettmann) though, I always see people go mad when they play somewhere, but it's not quite my taste normally.

thabiz

hahaha

I actually always appreciated them more for their less dancefloor-oriented productions. Intensify was a great album.

Also, UB-Devoid -> Mindcircus. For those who know.

I still prefer their first. Was basically when i stopped with the Trance.

Nyx

Sorted out my digital collection to try and find my fav 2012 tracks.
First thing that stood out was the fact that I have bought a lot less stuff than in previous years.

Anyway:

Technasia - Heart of Flesh

Tomas More - The Invisible Thread (Chloé Straight Mix)

Intruder feat. Jei - Amame (Dyed Soundorum Downtown Remix)

Manuel Mazza - Shift (Alex Celler Remix)

Pherox - Gabrielle (Rhadoo Remix)

Hooved feat. Mirco Violi - Disturbed

Idiotproof & Eats Everything - Zulu

Ofcourse these are only favs from tracks I actually bought, bet there's some unknown IDs out there as well.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What're you guys single/eps/albums of the year. Just name 1/a few in each category.

We did this a few pages back, but here are some albums that are not my #1 but I still enjoyed:

Dash Berlin - #musicislife
Cazzette - Eject pt. I and Eject pt. II (you can only listen to these on Spotify, but they're good)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say

gdt

Out of those I only really heard the Smallpeople's LWE podcast (deep house) and Nico Jaar's EM. I will have to check out the Rustie EM, never heard of the guy and I'm not big into trap but he's wearing a triforce shirt in the picture (also looks 12 years old) so that's cool I guess :p

Rustie isn't really trap. Just this weird videogamey but not sounding edm that you can barely dance to. His album had like one trap song though.

After Light
All Nite
Ultra Thizz

Great album last year.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Really digging this new track by Cazzette that was released on Eject pt. II yesterday:

Cazzette - Endorphine

Also if you haven't checked it out yet, I really liked their video for Beam Me Up. It has a very District 9 feel to it (except for the fact that it's extremely uplifting and not at all depressing lol). Makes me yearn for festival season again.

okno

BenUFO, Beats In Space 12/11/12
11. Bass Clef - Ghost Kicks In The Spiral
12. Kassem Mosse - We Speak To Those
13. Austin Cesear - Forest Forever
14. Funkineven - Beat Crash
15. Container - Acclimator
16. Bobby Konders - Massai Women
17. Unkown
18. Recloose - LandScaping
19. Omar S - Busaru Beats
20. Bonquiqui - Sansoftime
21. Frak - First Snow In Harlem
22. Elgato - Dream
23. SoundStream - Love Jam
24. Taxi Cab - Chunk A Nova (Red Doug Remix)
25. M Gun - 2
26. Pearson Sound - Clutch
27. Old Apparatus - Eager Beaver
28. Kowton - Sketch 1
29. Kasai Allstars - Maukba Special
30. Round Three - Acting Crazy (Instrumental)
31. Bok Bok & Tom Trago - Jackhammer Jam
32. Ricardo Villalobos - Samma
33. James Blake - Roman Patience 

So bummed I'm going to miss him this Saturday at 12-Turn-13 :( It's my boyfriend's birthday, so can't make it.

That Cajmere mix is the bee's knees. So solid. Of those official comps, I liked: Nugroove, Cajmere, Shangaan Shake (definitely not for everyone, took me a few listens to get into it), American Noise, Minutes In Ice. Need to listen to that New Jack Techno one, and never heard of that Post-punk thing. Drexciya is Drexciya, what else is there to say? The rest of that list is a little scatterbrained, in my opinion. A lot of hype and not a lot of substance.

okno

We got a date on the mixes yet okno?

Yeah, sorry, fell behind due to me being sick. Depends on how y'all want to move forward. There's just a small handful of us now, so we can still do the physical mystery swap or we can just upload them. Let me create an email chain right now, that way we can all hash it out.

Shaneus

Not a big fan of Rustie.
Thank fuck, thought I was the only one.

Ohhhh man, loves me a good DFP mix. If that's downloadable at all (I think he's usually pretty open with allowing that) can someone re-upload to Mediafire so I can download it at work?

Seriously, DFP. Love him.

Also, it's looking increasingly likely I'll be doing my own thing for NYD this year. I've sort of cooled a little on that Let Them Eat Cake gig (the one with Tiger & Woods, Flying Lotus etc.) but I'm seriously thinking about this:
The rest of the lineup really ain't so much (though I'm keen to see Ivan Gough play on his own) but man... M@W. Fuck. Any first-hand impressions?

thabiz

Thank fuck, thought I was the only one.

Ohhhh man, loves me a good DFP mix. If that's downloadable at all (I think he's usually pretty open with allowing that) can someone re-upload to Mediafire so I can download it at work?

Seriously, DFP. Love him.

Also, it's looking increasingly likely I'll be doing my own thing for NYD this year. I've sort of cooled a little on that Let Them Eat Cake gig (the one with Tiger & Woods, Flying Lotus etc.) but I'm seriously thinking about this:

The rest of the lineup really ain't so much (though I'm keen to see Ivan Gough play on his own) but man... M@W. Fuck. Any first-hand impressions?

Masters, Kenny, and Louie will all turn it out. If your a fan of bumpin house, you cant miss that. Simon Digby too.

Shaneus

Masters, Kenny, and Louie will all turn it out. If your a fan of bumpin house, you cant miss that. Simon Digby too.
You know Simon Digby? I thought he was mostly known in Australia and never really made it O/S.

Unless you're Australian, then it would make perfect sense :)

Shaneus

Yeah, I'm having a bit of fun with it.

Although it's possible that's just because I'm at work and any distraction's a good distraction.

Miroku

Just got home from a 3 hour set by Kevin Saunderson @ a small club in Raleigh. Probly 60-80ish people there, very intimate, everyone was wiggin out. omg I havent had a night like that in years. Saunderson was amazing. He played a perfect blend of house and techno. I never in a million years thought I'd be dancing to Jeff Mills & DJ Hyperactive & Plastikman records @ 2am in Raleigh. So happy right now, even though im partly deaf and can barely walk. I even got my picture taken with him after all was said and done.

Shaneus

Maaaaan you dont like anything but house! your opinion isnt valid ;)
You weren't in that DJ playlist website thingy earlier today. We played stacks of stuff that wasn't house. In fact, I don't think I played a single house track!

Certainly didn't play anything that resembled my 4-year-old nephew getting his hands on a sequencer and some VSTs ;)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Add Ascii.Disko up on Soundcloud mobile.

The man's a fucking genius, check out Jack To The Beat if you like electrotrance :D

Top Bottom