• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

bowery

now dropping some blawan as we make our full descent into some dark ass shit, i hope he drops some boddika and joy o, gesaffe killing this shit

paging John and injurai

I was out watching Les Mis last night, came home and passed out. I might be about tonight but I told myself I need ot do some mixing as a friend and I are "playing" at a friends house party.
My current playlist consists of 90/2000s rap/hip hop/some actual trap/some tnght and similar stuff/some grime and a few garage bits.
Im not realy sure thats going to go down..

joelparrett

Neo Member
Go back and listen to the Kingdom mix Lush posted 2 pages back. The first Total Freedom edit is disgusting and it won't let up.

Is that a Sasha Go Hard sample in his new Fade to Mind EP, daaaammmn.

thabiz

I was out watching Les Mis last night, came home and passed out. I might be about tonight but I told myself I need ot do some mixing as a friend and I are "playing" at a friends house party.
My current playlist consists of 90/2000s rap/hip hop/some actual trap/some tnght and similar stuff/some grime and a few garage bits.
Im not realy sure thats going to go down..

Some trap got dropped last night.

Big Chocolate - Blue Milk

Mr. Carmack - Bang

I posted that Mr Carmack a couple of days ago. Check it, if you like trap shit.

3910874777-1.jpg

Mr. Carmack - Bang Vol 3

bowery

ladies and gentlemen : banned 2

B⚠NNED 2

LIL TEXAS - BAH
HU₵₵I x GUCCI - VANISH // TRAP BACK
DJ CARNAGE - KAT!E FEAT. KATIE GOT BANDZ
A$AP FERG - WORK
JWLS - JWLS IS BORED IIV (LOBSTER BEAT)
GENT & JAWNS - TURN UP
LOUDPVCK - SCALEY (PYRAMID JUKE REMIX)
ALEX YOUNG - BOOMERANG
KENDRICK LAMAR - SWIMMING POOLS (AT DAWN WE RAGE REMIX)
RIHANNA - POUR IT UP (RL GRIME REMIX)
FLOSSTRADAMUS & DJ SLIINK - CROWD CONTROL
FLOSSTRADAMUS & DANNY BROWN - TWARK WITIT
BAAUER - SWERVE
YOUNG PROBLEMZ - BOI (REMIX) FEAT. GUCCI MANE & MIKE JONES
HU₵₵I - FREEZY
A-TRAK & FLOSSTRADAMUS - PISS TEST (REMIX) FEAT. JIM JONES, EL-P, FLATBUSH ZOMBIES
TWERK INTRO
T.I. - BALL (INSTRUMENTAL)
TYGA - AYY LADIES FEAT. TRAVIS PORTER
DJ SNAKE - BIRD MACHINE
FLOSSTRADAMUS - ASSQUAKE
A$AP ROCKY - ANGELS

new ifan dafydd - celwydd (!!!!!!! i was just thinking how this guy is amazing and hasnt put anything out in a while)

okno

My friend's wife is featured on Urb: Shadowbox. Pretty weird, but I think some of you might like it.

1. intro
2. early summer - Tape Loop Orchestra
3. prosopopéeii - Pierre Schaeffer
4. cembalum - Angus Maclise
5. S.709 - Iannis Xenakis
6. part 1 - Morton Subotnick
7. ghost dubbing- Timeblind
8. patterns- Neighb'rhood Childr'n
9. walk with trees - ShadowBox
10. cao - ShadowBox
11. cutter - DavidShaneSmith
12. not this time- Fifty Foot Hose
13. some of none - Ilvas Ahmed
14. outro

That Bahia Deluxe track is *ridiculous*.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Im about 2 paragraphs in and allready the person writting it hasnt got a fucking clue what they are chatting about. Back in the 90s people like Sasha and Digweed were playing to citys and whole citys spawned new genres of music.

Ill come back once ive finished it...

Edit: Done.
Ok so he has some idea
"I'm not sure you really "get it", though. I mean, I'm sure Levon Vincent, Terrence Parker, Juan Atkins and Kenny Dixon Jr get it. But the newbies don't."

Which is odd as ive seen all the stuff hes mentioned at every festival ve ever been to in the Uk.

Aw man its written by the guy that takes the piss out of everything, now I feel like ive been trolled :(

This did make me laugh though
People Who Should Never Be Allowed to DJ at Parties

Yeah, the article is extremely ignorant... not sure what it was like in middle America but there were tons of heads in the 90's (when I started) in the NY area. You had Frankie Bones and his warehouse raves, Sasha and Digweed's legendary Twilo sets, west coast desert parties, not to mention Chicago and Detroit. Seems like a European hipster looking for an excuse to take the piss out of Americans :p

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What's "Alt-J"?

Also, the term "Blog Bros" is fucking hysterical. To be honest, I'm actually surprised more of them (or ANY of them) don't rear their heads in this thread.

PS. Anyone know anything about this dude? Saw it on FB, but Beatport and Soundcloud are blocked, so I can't listen to any of it. Never heard of him before :/
A1oDy.png

The only thing I know about this kid is that he released a crazy good track last year:

Walden - Brightness

In any case, the lineup has been announced for A State of Trance's NYC show:

Armin van Buuren, Alex M.O.R.P.H., Ferry Corsten, Markus Schulz and W&W

Gonna be sick!! Tickets go on sale this Wednesday.

injurai

Banned
Switch and Sinden back together? Fuuuuck yes. I wasn't a massive fan when he was doing his Major Lazer project, but I think he did do this either when he was a part of ML or shortly after:
Switch - I Still Love You (I think that's the right version... I can't really verify it at work)

Sorry but it's like 3 years old. It's actually the last track on her Santogold album.

You guys are drunk with current releases. Dig into your archives once in a while, Me and Thabiz have been swapping some hot beats recently.

Sorry but it's like 3 years old. It's actually the last track on her Santogold album.

You guys are drunk with current releases. Dig into your archives once in a while, Me and Thabiz have been swapping some hot beats recently.

Anyone in the djroom thing? Ive had enough of murdering songs trying to mix

Shaneus

How am I drunk on new releases? Hell, I'm pretty much the epitome of someone who prefers older music to new. I'll prove it by (finally) throwing a mix together and not using anything newer than, say... a month ;)

Some old hotness you guys may have missed (I may edit this post as I go, so pay attention!):
Busta Rhymes - Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See (Valerna Remix)
Warner Powers vs Joachim Garraud vs Axer - Space Invaders Count To 123 (amazing bootleg, but won't link here for obvious reasons... just Google it!)
Sharon Philips - Want 2 Need 2 (Switch dub)
Solid Groove & Sinden - Red Hot
Yoshimoto - Du What U Du (H-Man Rmx)
Jurgens - Love It
Sasse - Soul Sounds [Dirt Crew Solid Diamond Remix] (the actual track ends at 7:00 in this vid)
Aaron McClelland - Gimme Some More
And something a bit playful to top it off:
The Kills - The Good Ones (Tiga remix)

Wait... one more:
Portishead vs. The Veils - Leavers Roads

injurai

Banned
How am I drunk on new releases? Hell, I'm pretty much the epitome of someone who prefers older music to new. I'll prove it by (finally) throwing a mix together and not using anything newer than, say... a month ;)

Lol sorry didn't mean to target you specifically. But I mostly end up seeing new EPs/Singles/Mixes on this forum instead of sharing old tracks.

This one had my crying with laughter
sob focers - back to indian

haha yeah that one is great xD

Servbot24

Banned
Don't know bout the lot of ya but Fabriclive 67 is workin for me \m/

edit: goddamn you chaps hating this were out your bloody minds

Shaneus

Shaneus

Feed Me - Death by Robot

A pretty catchy electro-house tune with Daft Punkian vocals.
Have I posted this before?
Feed Me - To The Stars

Seems to be a lack of that specific brand of squelchy stuff... it's about the only hard(ish) electro-ey synthey-type music (you know what I mean... more electronic, less analogue sounding) that I can tolerate these days, and it's a bitch to find it. The kinda music that REALLY seems to go with jaw clenching and flashing strobe lights ;)

Some old examples that are kinda similar, I guess:
Coburn - Give Me Love (Lutzenkirchen remix)
Mason - Exceeder (Martijn Ten Velden remix)*
Kirk Digiorgio pres. Esoterik - Starwaves (Spirit Catcher remix)**
Christopher & Raphael Just - Popper (Discotown original) (couldn't find it on YouTube... but I'd rather just not link anything at all than link the Shinichi Osawa rmx. It's an important distinction)

*I still get massive goosebumps from both this one and even the original (pre-Perfect, obv.)... possibly because of the chemical filter I often heard this song through ;)

**If asked, I'd have to say my favourite club/dance track of all time.

2 weeks booked off work, Dimensions Festival here I come

http://www.dimensionsfestival.com/

cracking lineup, anyone else making the journey this year?

If I wasnt going to Asia at the end of March for 10weeks I would be.
I went last year and apart from the main stage being wwwwaaaaaaaayyy too small for nicolas jarr, It was awesome.
Mungos Hi fi arena most of all.

If I get back and manage to get a job pretty quick I may be able to go..

Top Bottom