• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Alucrid

Banned
What song uses samples from Ashanti's Hey Baby that isn't Perseus' Cool Runnings? I remember there being a song in a mix that was a bit harder...

okno

I'm going to be at least $100 poorer at the end of today thanks to last night. Props to Servbot24 for dropping that Henning Baer, that shit was ridiculous.

bowery

Future Classic killing, Tigerskin's Try The Impossible EP:

"In Public" // sample that comes in at 3:30 = best vibes
"Lied"

they did an id mag mix not too long ago it was pretty great if you havent heard it yet

while we're here pat mahoney (Of LCD soundsystem and DFA records) has a mix on there droppiing some disco jams

new just blaze x baauer, i think itll make sense for rap producers to start touring as trap djs now for extra money lol, source that people like baauer/flosstradamus are making good cash flow out of in addition to production

Shaneus

D0WE6.png

I'd listened to one of those songs before clicking on them!

I bet okno cued up that track ;)

Sad I missed that, though... stupid work :(

okno

That was thabiz dropping that hotness! Such a great track.

I take full credit for that Roman Fluegel remix, however. Get it!

they did an id mag mix not too long ago it was pretty great if you havent heard it yet

while we're here pat mahoney (Of LCD soundsystem and DFA records) has a mix on there droppiing some disco jams

new just blaze x baauer, i think itll make sense for rap producers to start touring as trap djs now for extra money lol, source that people like baauer/flosstradamus are making good cash flow out of in addition to production

Not so keen ont he first build up but then its pretty decent after that.
I thought this was going to be a rapper over baauer beat though, I feel like I can blame all the bits I dont like on the other guy..

Not sure how I feel about this.

Another new Baauer track: "Baddest"[/

Two in a day! sweet.

lush

Still waiting on a tracklist/rip for George Fitzgerald Essential mix but...

There's a few completely unheard tracks by myself in the mix, as well as unreleased bits from Scuba, Bicep, Midland and several others.

Shaneus

Stumbled upon these two tracks a few hours ago. We are only 1 month into 2013, but fuck this shit is sooo good. I could listen to Mercury's man all day!

Mercury - Man (unfortunately the full track isn't up, but I promise you it's even better.)

Breakbot - Break Of Dawn (Dimitri From Paris Remix) (Funky 80s disco vibes)

So happy right now :D
You can post as many Dimitri From Paris tracks as you like, I don't care how old or new they are or whatever. Dude just gets it.
PS. That track is all kinds of hawt. Nice one. How nice are those strings?!?
PPS. You should've just linked directly to his Soundcloud, considering it's a freebie! <3 Dimitri

Probably (nay, definitely... unless you can convince me otherwise!) my favourite track of his:
Tortured Soul - Enjoy It Now (123 Extended Vocal Mix - Dimitri From Paris Re-Edit)
Ugh. It just flows so beautifully, you want to close your eyes and let it wrap itself around you like a warm blanket. It's the music they'll be playing in heaven when I get there (bahahaha). PS. That YT video doesn't do it justice. Buy/find the highest quality release of the track you can.

I can't really type very well since I got wrist surgery today, but I saw this earlier and it's hilarious:

EDC 2012 Knife Party &#8211; Ensured Death of Children
It's funny... if you know that Christwire's a parody site! If you didn't... now you do :)

PPPS. Where the fuck were you guys on this one?!? You've let me down. All of you.
(Hint: It's Holy Ghost! - It's Not Over (Dimitri From Paris EroDiscoMix))

lush

George FitzGerald Essential Mix (Stream or Download)

69 - Desire
The Raw Interpreter - Dub Surrender
Medlar - Knockard Pearl (Detroit Swindle Remix)
Laszlo Dancehall - Gave Up
Citizen - So Submissive
Portable - A Deeper Love (Soul Capsule's Ghetto Mix)
George FitzGerald - Thinking Of You
Huxley - Bellywedge
Bicep - Mixxmaster 88
Scuba - Too Strong
Midland - Trace
U - I
Locked Groove - Waves
Traumprinz - Changes
Jichael Mackson - Blender (Cologne Edit)
Hound Scales - Case (Nabis)
Trikk - Basement Traxx (Lando Kal Remix)
Close feat. Scuba - Beam Me Up (George FitzGerald Remix)
Âme - Shiro
Mr G - Guidance (T2 Edit)
Fet et Moi - Paris Is For Lovers
Shelter Point - Braille
Moonstarr - C-Minus Particles
Dead Rose Music Company - Faith
Trevino - DolDrums
EQD - #005 B
George FitzGerald - Child (NY Stomp Remix)
Magic Mountain High - Untitled
George FitzGerald - Every Inch (Deetron Remix)
Scuba - On A Sex Drive
Jessie Ware - No To Love (George FitzGerald Remix)
George FitzGerald - I Can Tell (By The Way You Move)

Close feat. Scuba - Beam Me Up (George FitzGerald Remix)
George FitzGerald - Thinking Of You
Citizen - So Submissive
Huxley - Bellywedge
George FitzGerald - I Can Tell (By The Way You Move)
Scuba - On A Sex Drive

okno

Howdy, y'all. Got home at 5am last night absolutely blitzed and decided to make a techno mix inspired by the other night. Haven't given it a proper listen as I am quite hungover, but I like it (just don't go in expecting perfection.) Nothing crazy, very few effects, just pure techno over 112 minutes.

Marcelus - Friction
Marcel Fengler - Frantic
Mike Dehnert - WH2
Peter van Hoesen - Desay Duty
Wireman - Armour
Ryan Elliott - Rocksteady
Roman Lindau - Adipeux
Morphosis - Too Far (Marcel Dettmann Definition 2)
Mike Dehnert - Dico A2
Jeroen Search - Resonance
Function vs Jerome Sydenham - Two Ninety One (Chris Liebing Edit)
DJ Sodeyama - Miles (Nick Curly Remix)
Delta Funktionen - Silhouette (Marcel Dettmann Remix)
Ben Klock - Goodly Sin feat. Elif Bicer (Robert Hood Remix)
Marcel Dettmann - Landscape
Milton Bradley - Sequence #1
Monoloc - Nohouse
Tommy Four Seven - Verge (Sigha Remix)
WK7 - The Avalanche
Roman Lindau - Borna
Sawf - Ninio (Subjected Remix)
Slam - Hot Knives
Tommy Four Seven - Snout (Chris Liebing Remix)
SP-X - Internalize
Dahlback & Dahlback - Rolle Niva
DJ Hell - Allerseelen
Extrawelt - Leaf 43 (Neverlasting Edit)
James Kumo - 45 Days
Ness - Fold Blue
Prosumer - Rarified

I'm going to toot my own horn here and re-post this mx I did last month. My favorite set I've ever done, and will be a nice wind down from the techno ;) Delmarva

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man this Percocet they give you post surgery is some powerful shit. Jamming out to some LNTG per Shaneus's recommendations and I'm in bliss. It's just the perfect chilled out groovy music I need right now.

Shaneus

It really, really is. I came across a great mix that will probably save you some time flicking between songs, and afaik it contains more than just LNTG tracks (but they're equally as good, if not better).
Get Down Edits - Best of 2012
Don't worry, I've listened to it while driving multiple times... it's quality :)

(and possibly my favourite LNTG track is on it... ungh, so good)

Edit: This mix also looks good, but I haven't checked it out yet. Could also be worth your time :)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It really, really is. I came across a great mix that will probably save you some time flicking between songs, and afaik it contains more than just LNTG tracks (but they're equally as good, if not better).
Get Down Edits - Best of 2012
Don't worry, I've listened to it while driving multiple times... it's quality :)

(and possibly my favourite LNTG track is on it... ungh, so good)

Edit: This mix also looks good, but I haven't checked it out yet. Could also be worth your time :)

Thanks, I'll check them out now. My sleep schedule is messed up so I might as well explore some new music.

Smooth as fuck. Production is off the charts and into the stratosphere.
Miguel Campbell - Flight Control

Shit, based on what I've discovered of his over the last week or so, I'm inclined to think that he's been one of the best producers of 2012. About to fire up his EM now.

Yeah the guy has some tunes. Im surprised you haven heard of him as hes party of the Hot Creations lot (owner I think?)

here's an AWESOME rework of "Limit To Your Love" (though it might fit more in the jazz-hop topic):

Zack Christ - JB-$&#10838;ª&#608;-2

That was alot better than I was expecting. Remixing James blake must be a monster of a task.

I could do with more stuff like that, my brain is fried after listening to so much music getting stuff ready for playing a house party.

Contributing:
JUST JAM 86 FOUR TET
Tracklist = lolno
JUST-JAM-86-FOUR-TET_tracklist.jpeg

BeeDog

That was alot better than I was expecting. Remixing James blake must be a monster of a task.

I could do with more stuff like that, my brain is fried after listening to so much music getting stuff ready for playing a house party.

Ask and ye shall receive, here's another remix of the same track by another producer. Still very hip-hop'ish, still oh so smooth:

Dexter - Blake Flip

This is a tune Hanna - I Needed

Also this mix that it came from is just what I needed. Came across it after picking Murtle Avenue on my music player then going off to google a mix of his.
Floating Points - Resident Advisor (RA.301)
[0:00:00] ?
[0:02:50] Leon Thomas - Balance Of Life
[0:06:30] ?
[0:12:30] The Players Association - How Do You Like It
[0:14:30] ?
[0:17:17] Linda Evans - You Control Me
[0:23:50] Raul De Souza - Jump Street
[0:27:30] Andrés - Untitled (B2) [KDJ - 29]
[0:31:00] Hannah - I Needed
[0:36:40] Phlash - 1471
[0:41:15] Mood II Swing - 8 Ways To Knock Down A Wall
[0:44:10] Vakula - Follow Me
[0:47.00] Soul Capsule - Lady Science (NYC Sunrise)
[0:54:00] DJ Romain Feat. Darryl D'Bonneau - It's The Spirit
[0:58:00] Kuniyuki - Earth Beats (Cloud Of Dust Guitar Dub Mix)
[1:02:00] Mike Dehnert - Triebholz
[1:05:30] Appointment - Get On [Live Jam]
[1:08:20] Kai Alcé & Omar S - Jive Time (Bonus Beats)
[1:11:00] Panda Bear - Surfer's Hymn (Actress Primitive Pattern Remix)
[1:15:00] Manzel - Space Funk
[1:18:00] Eddie Russ - I Want To Be Somebody
[1:20:30] Takuya Matsumoto - Jump Rope Music
[1:25:25] Bobbi Humphrey - Baby Don't You Know
[1:33:08] Phil Upchurch / Tennyson Stephens - Don't I Know You?
[1:35:15] ?
[1:38:00] Diana - Medo
[1:40:25] Jorge Ben - Zé Canjica
[1:44:00] ?
[1:47:30] Cloud One - Dust To Dust

Top Bottom