• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Übermatik;46746208 said:
Just remove the word 'groundbreaking'...?
Fair point haha
I didn't mean to nitpick the thread title, I really don't care. I was just wondering where to put the music that was a bit weirder / avanter / whatever you want to call it.
Nah it comes up everynow and then but this thread until recently hardly moved as it was populated by about 4 people. Guess someone could PM a mod about it.
Everything is weird to someone in here so aslong as its got some kind of discription to go with it you can post whatever imo anyway..

Here, because I want it. ;)

This is pretty cool
Enock Salo - Shamepelly Mane

Servbot24

Banned
The Knife - Shaking the Habitual - 2CD

A Tooth for an Eye — 6:04
Full of Fire — 9:17
A Cherry on Top — 8:43
Without You My Life Would Be Boring — 5:14
Wrap Your Arms Around Me — 4:36
Crake — 0:55
Old Dreams Waiting to Be Realized — 19:02
Raging Lung — 9:58
Networking — 6:42
Oryx — 0:37
Stay Out Here (feat. Shannon Funchess) — 10:42
Fracking Fluid Injection — 9:54
Ready to Lose — 4:36

Full of Fire is the single, coming on the 28th

Shaneus

Most of LNTG's output is impossible to find online. iTunes/Beatport barely carry any of it :/.
That's because barely any of it has actually been releaed... at all! Sadly, your best (and pretty much only) bet for the vast majority of it is crappy 128kbps Soundcloud rips :( I believe there's about 10 tracks or so (spread across a handful of EPs) on Junodownload but that's all I've really checked... haven't really looked for any at all on Beatport or iTunes.
I'm sure there's a reason behind it, but I just can't fathom what it might be :(

daviyoung

Banned
It's A Fine Line - Edit Service 8 <-- free download, get it!

Miguel Bastida & Florian Kaltstrøm - Glasso Phone (Philipp Straub & caTekk Remix)

Kyle Geiger - Restore

Kuniyuki Featuring Anne Clark - Between Shadow And Lights (Barnt Remix)

Snow Patrol - Fallen Empires (Kasket Mix)

Hiatus - Still

If anyone remembers those Back To Mine or Another Late Night compilations, here's an honorary addition to those chill out tapes:

BMT - Music Podcast 6 hosted by Stray

Tracklist said:
01 - The Invisible - A Particle of Love (2012 Ninja Tune)
02 - Rough Fields - You as You (2012 Bomb Shop)
03 - Radiohead - Scatterbrain (2009 EMI)
04 - Keith Jarrett - Expectations (1972 Sony)
05 - Bibio - Take Off Your Skirt (2011 Warp Records)
06 - Buke And Gass - Red Hood Came Home (2010 Brassland)
07 - Metronomy - The Bay (2011 Because Music)
08 - Floating Points - Myrtle Avenue (2011 Eglo Records)
09 - Busta Rhymes - Genesis (2001 J Records)
10 - D'Angelo - Africa (2000 Virgin)
11 - Plaid - Zeal (2003 Warp Records)
12 - Finis Henderson - Skip To My Lou (1983 Motown)
13 - Weather Report - River People (1978 Sony)
14 - O.Boogie - Hoerenjong (2007 Rush Hour)
15 - Jaco Pastorius - Portrait Of Tracy (1976 Sony)
16 - Thundercat - For Love I Come (2011 Brainfeeder)
17 - Plaid - Tokyo Drive (2009 Warp Records)

DEVolution - My Friends

Disclosure feat Aluna George - White Noise

okno

That's because barely any of it has actually been releaed... at all! Sadly, your best (and pretty much only) bet for the vast majority of it is crappy 128kbps Soundcloud rips :( I believe there's about 10 tracks or so (spread across a handful of EPs) on Junodownload but that's all I've really checked... haven't really looked for any at all on Beatport or iTunes.
I'm sure there's a reason behind it, but I just can't fathom what it might be :(

Juno has all of his releases with the exception of the few he released for free download on Soundcloud. A couple of releases can be found under Lightspeed Recordings (there's a band camp page where you can buy them), all must haves.

Aww yeeeahhhh
276863_581359221877916_408739003_n.jpg

for free aswell!

bowery

Is Flosstradamus' first Banned mix any good?

yes! i loved it, the second one not so much. they kind of became more boring as their sound dulled out, look to baauer if you want to hear fresh and exciting trap muzik as lame as that sounds

gdt

New Jacques Greene track too? Awwww yeah. I'll listen to it once then just wait till whatever EP he puts out next.

miksushag

Could be. I did see a new single ("Cirrus") pop up.

Glad to see that "Cirrus" track finally getting released. Been waiting since hearing it in Bonobos boilerroom mix last year.

new Beneath EP on Tectonic
http://www.beatport.com/release/duty-texers/1013838

Behling & Simpson - The Vaults EP - groovy stuff as expected
https://soundcloud.com/outnl/a1-behlsimps-vaultsoctober
Still waiting for Behling & Simpsons edit of Ciara's Like A Surgeon, one of the best of 2013 already IMO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eATGVigHrhE

New Jialong EP by Jeremy Greenspan, released.
https://soundcloud.com/jeremygreenspan/sets/jiaolong006-drums-drums-drums

New Idle Hands EP by Outboxx, really good stuff.
https://soundcloud.com/outboxx/outboxx-sunshine-mills-jaded

Shaneus

Really digging Claptone too.

Cream
Yeah, I got put onto that by a mate last year... great track. Here's another one you might like that's in a similar kinda vein:
Klangkarussell - Sonnentanz

Actually, it's not really similar at all. I just thought in my head it was. But it's such a great track, you still need to listen to it.

Everyone does.

Man, every time I remember tracks I heard last year (and go through my Shazam history) I find it harder and harder to narrow down tracks (and even whole genres) to a quantifiable number. Such a good year for music.

Pl511

Neo Member
Electronic music? Yeah, I tried that once. Worked out sort of maybe okay-ish I guess.

It was Planet Wisp House.

Not so sure. It was based on a Sonic track and we were aiming for a house/piano style... Thoughts?

Top Bottom