• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Awesome! I'd really appreciate it!

What would I like to spend? €75-100. What can I spend? Well more, I find it hard to set a hard price point. Perhaps it bores me after 2 weeks, I'd regret spending too much money on it (I don't think that will happen though). I'd rather not go over €150. If you have a few recommendations above it it's no problem though, prices probably vary a lot of the US.

A few notes:
- I already have the software (Traktor).
- Right now it's purely meant for home like I stated.
- The digital controller you mentioned is €299 here.

Edit: I'm also ok with buying something second hand, so if you have more expensive suggestions they're welcome as well.

Traktor is perfect, as a cheap controller i can recommend the Behringer BCD3000, works very well with Traktor. You can find it for about 130€

BEHRINGER+BCD3000.JPG

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BCD3000.aspx
http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_bcd3000.htm

Awakenings Festival ticket bought!

Definitely seeing Nina Kraviz, Oliver Koletzki and Loco Dice.

Just watching her recent BR set now. people in the comments going on about beat matching in louder mode? no idea what that means. Either way sounds good to me.

okno

I have been a vinyl DJ since the mid-late '90's. I can beatmatch by ear and spin on 3 decks at once if I feel the need to. I started using TraktorPro and a MacbookPro along with timecode vinyl about 2 years ago.
Since then I've continued to improve at mixing but I'm actually probably a worse DJ because now digital download music is so cheap & accessible compared to vinyl that I don't have time to learn all the music I get. Food for thought. Anyways, DJing is still a super fun hobby.

Yeah, I've been spending all of my time recently sorting my music, because you get to a point of such over-saturation that it really does severely impact your abilities. 5,000+ songs on my laptop (that's not including my external) and I probably only really utilize about 1,500. It's really important to stay organized, or else you'll pay for it.

Also, Miroku, going to take a listen to your mix right now on my commute! Pretty excited.

Nyx

Just watching her recent BR set now. people in the comments going on about beat matching in louder mode? no idea what that means. Either way sounds good to me.

She's a typical producer who DJ's, so I don't expect topnotch mixing qualities anyway.

Almost forgot Miss Kittin is coming as well, never saw her live and I love the old albums with The Hacker.

Dreaver

Traktor is perfect, as a cheap controller i can recommend the Behringer BCD3000, works very well with Traktor. You can find it for about 130€

BEHRINGER+BCD3000.JPG

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BCD3000.aspx
http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_bcd3000.htm
Thanks man. That looks pretty nice, it's €150 here though. Can you also use both speakers and a headphone mode?

It looks pretty nice but it's still pretty expensive, that's €199 here. Does it also support headphones mode? I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

I have been a vinyl DJ since the mid-late '90's. I can beatmatch by ear and spin on 3 decks at once if I feel the need to. I started using TraktorPro and a MacbookPro along with timecode vinyl about 2 years ago.
Since then I've continued to improve at mixing but I'm actually probably a worse DJ because now digital download music is so cheap & accessible compared to vinyl that I don't have time to learn all the music I get. Food for thought. Anyways, DJing is still a super fun hobby.
Yeah it looks like a lot of fun so I'd love to learn it. Pretty cool you can dj vinyl, at least it looks pretty cool in the videos.

Awakenings Festival ticket bought!

Definitely seeing Nina Kraviz, Oliver Koletzki and Loco Dice.

Looking at your profile you only live 30 minutes away from me haha. I have heard a lot of good stories from Awakeings. I've got a ticket for Soenda festival myself, never been there but I've heard it's awesome.

Nyx

Looking at your profile you only live 30 minutes away from me haha. I have heard a lot of good stories from Awakeings. I've got a ticket for Soenda festival myself, never been there but I've heard it's awesome.

Cool!

I've been to Soenda Festival once, but the crowd is too young for me. (expect a lot of 16-21 year olds)

gdt

You know, New York is only a $10 Megabus ticket away.

Of all the clubs in NYC though he chose Cielo. Why? That club is small as fuck.

A) I have Disclosure tickets in Philly for the night after...two days of this stuff is rough.

B) I'd rather he play at a concert setting :(. Don't want to go to some night club in NYC.

C) Driving to NYC isn't that big an issue I guess....I'd drive if the other two factors weren't...factors.

Miroku

Yeah, I've been spending all of my time recently sorting my music, because you get to a point of such over-saturation that it really does severely impact your abilities. 5,000+ songs on my laptop (that's not including my external) and I probably only really utilize about 1,500. It's really important to stay organized, or else you'll pay for it.

Also, Miroku, going to take a listen to your mix right now on my commute! Pretty excited.

Cool! I think it has some good energy to it, while not perfect. As I said before I don't know my music as well as I should so I'm mostly grabbing at things randomly when I mix.

My problem is exacerbated by the fact that I have a completionist mentality so if I hear one or two songs I like and intend to mix on an EP I buy the whole EP and and up with too much shit.
Definitely need to spend some time tagging and organizing!

Then I doubt you will ever see him. He's a club DJ. Not Tiesto.

On that note. Wrongbar isnt bad so I will hit that up.

Yeah he plays clubs and festivals. Not that there is any difference between a club and a concert to me.

Dreaver, dont buy brand new its not really worth it IMO.
My mix track was like £80 (100 odd euro?) second hand and the only thing wrogn was the box was abit beat up lol.
Just scan Ebay for a few days/weeks and grab a bargain!
Hell even getting it on the Uk Ebay postage wouldnt be that bad.

okno

Of all the clubs in NYC though he chose Cielo. Why? That club is small as fuck.

Yep, not going anymore. I LOVE the sound at Cielo, but I'm not putting up with the idiots, cramped space, and the hilariously over-priced drinks. $15 for a Stoli rocks? Fuck off. I don't understand why he wasn't booked at Output, which is owned and run by the owners of Cielo. Would make perfect, perfect sense, but oh well.

thabiz

Ok okno,

Find me something fun to do. Looks like March 29 to April 7th or 8th.

hmmmmm Tony Rohr on the 5th. SRB'S BROOKLYN any good?

okno

Ok okno,

Find me something fun to do. Looks like March 29 to April 7th or 8th.

Oh SHIT yes!

Ostgut Night at Blkmarket Membership: Tobias., Efdemin, Marcel Fengler, Taimur & Fahad @ Output

Unfortunately, as of now, that's the only decent night I can think of in that time. There is going to a Bunker party on the 5th, as well, but the lineup hasn't been announced. The best part about that is that Bunker happens at Public Assembly, which is just four blocks away from Output. There will also likely be a Mister Saturday Night party while you're here, which will be pretty much essential to go to if that's the case. If you like food/cocktails, I can totally help you out there, too.

Edit: I've never heard of SRB, actually. Looks decent. I'll look into it.

thabiz

Oh SHIT yes!

Ostgut Night at Blkmarket Membership: Tobias., Efdemin, Marcel Fengler, Taimur & Fahad @ Output

Unfortunately, as of now, that's the only decent night I can think of in that time. There is going to a Bunker party on the 5th, as well, but the lineup hasn't been announced. The best part about that is that Bunker happens at Public Assembly, which is just four blocks away from Output. There will also likely be a Mister Saturday Night party while you're here, which will be pretty much essential to go to if that's the case. If you like food/cocktails, I can totally help you out there, too.

Edit: I've never heard of SRB, actually. Looks decent. I'll look into it.

MARCEL FENGLER! fuck yes.

Im on my own for most of the trip, so im up for anything. Im in brooklyn until the 2nd or 3rd i think. Then staying in Yorkville for the rest of the time.

gdt

Then I doubt you will ever see him. He's a club DJ. Not Tiesto.

On that note. Wrongbar isnt bad so I will hit that up.

Bah. I'd see him in a club I guess, but I don't think thats happening this time. Hopefully next time he's touring NA he get more dates/places....I'll go to NY next time if I have to.

I was about to ask if any NY folk have been to the place that does Deep space on a monday I think it is? then looked at RA and its the same place you hate Okno haha

I hear the sound system is pretty hench though (pun not intended)

Big things tomorrow at DMZ!

5XqOBkU.jpg

kgA9pfn.jpg

okno

I was about to ask if any NY folk have been to the place that does Deep space on a monday I think it is? then looked at RA and its the same place you hate Okno haha

I hear the sound system is pretty hench though (pun not intended)

It's not that I hate it, it's just an unfortunate space. The best sound I've ever heard in a club, bar none. However, the dancefloor is TEENY and is recessed into the floor, so it's pretty dangerous. It's also in the Meatpacking District which is just douche-central (it's where all of the celebrity clubs are and "the model scene" is, all that jazz), so it's your standard velvet rope policy place with annoying people and offensively expensive drinks. That's why the owners have branched out and opened Output in Brooklyn, so they can have a proper club to play proper music for the heads. Cielo gets a lot of people like Loco Dice and Marco Carola, just standard tech-house and house music, with the occasional worthwhile headliner. Deep Space Mondays is *amazing*, because it's Francois fucking K and it's never, ever busy.

"Large up the dubplate massive" the fuck does that mean!?

It's not that I hate it, it's just an unfortunate space. The best sound I've ever heard in a club, bar none. However, the dancefloor is TEENY and is recessed into the floor, so it's pretty dangerous. It's also in the Meatpacking District which is just douche-central (it's where all of the celebrity clubs are and "the model scene" is, all that jazz), so it's your standard velvet rope policy place with annoying people and offensively expensive drinks. That's why the owners have branched out and opened Output in Brooklyn, so they can have a proper club to play proper music for the heads. Cielo gets a lot of people like Loco Dice and Marco Carola, just standard tech-house and house music, with the occasional worthwhile headliner. Deep Space Mondays is *amazing*, because it's Francois fucking K and it's never, ever busy.

"Large up the dubplate massive" the fuck does that mean!?

Ahh yeah so Ive only heard of the monday nights as they get people like Mala over to play it, id like to visit if I ever make it to NYC.
I have a friend, well he is the BF of my girl mate that lives in Brooklyn. need to make an excuse to go over sometime!

Haha its like "much respect to the guys playing dub plates/vinyl"
So vinyl and tunes not released to public, just passed between certain producers and such.

I cant think of a better way to describe it.

Don't know if this was posted but Ben Klock Boiler Room Berlin DJ Set. My brother is doing a semester abroad in Germany right now, I should tell him to hit up Boiler Room sometime.

I listened to that earlier, its good! I preferred Ninas set though but thats just me. No idea if its different abroad but Boiler Room is guest-list only 99% of the time.
Its why people get pissed in the comments that no ones dancing as they are not necessarily big fans of whoever is playing.

Edit:posting a hell of alot of chat these days.. I should fix it by atleast adding tunes to my posts.

Couple of big tunes from the scuba b2b Fitzgerald mix

House Master Boyz - House Nation.
Close feat. Scuba and Charlene Soraia - Beam Me Up (George Fitzgerald Remix)

okno

Oh I didn't know that, guess my brother's out of luck lol.

Yeah, it's near impossible to get in. Even if you know someone who can get you on the list, you run the risk of the space filling up quickly. Capacity is notoriously low, although the Berlin gigs seem to house a large amount of people.

gdt

I thought this was funny.

Scuba ‏@ScubaUK
Becoming a stem cell donor is as easy as giving blood & you could save the life of someone like Sonia… http://www.savesonia.co.uk RT

Scuba ‏@ScubaUK
Yeh RT that last one pls, esp if you've got tons of followers

Scuba ‏@ScubaUK
Ok if we get 100 RTs on that I'll tell you all an inflammatory (but absolutely true) story about a famous musician

Ok so @CalvinHarris's real name is Cuthbert. True story.

Calvin Harris ‏@CalvinHarris
@ScubaUK why are you still trolling me how many times do I need to play your record

okno

Scuba... What an ass. Everything I hear about him just makes him out to be a total cunt, on par with Deadmau5. Great DJ, horrible person.

gdt

Scuba... What an ass. Everything I hear about him just makes him out to be a total cunt, on par with Deadmau5. Great DJ, horrible person.

Oh he can be a total asshole yeah, but there'ss more to the convo. It was lighthearted between them. I just cut it off there cause it was funny.

Edit: Plus he was promoting stem cell donations.

gdt

New Bobby Champs track, free DL

Tragic

He has a new EP, Krenshaw, coming out on 3/4 too, and this song isn't on it.

Has anyone tried DLing this? Getting a weird 24 minute 76kbps track here. Tragic plays for the first 5 or so minutes, then it cuts off like a bad file.

okno

Oh he can be a total asshole yeah, but there'ss more to the convo. It was lighthearted between them. I just cut it off there cause it was funny.

Edit: Plus he was promoting stem cell donations.

Yeah, I should read full things before commenting on them. If his real name is Cuthbert, that's just awesome. I'll read it later, heading out

lush

Kastle for SSENSE
Falty DL - She Sleeps ft. Ed MacFarlane (Gang Gang Dance Remix)
Rudimental - Spoons ft. MNEK & Syron (Two Inch Punch Remix)
FLako - Mating Dance
Dreams - UDKM (Resketch Remix)
We Sink - Inside ft. Andrea
Sweater Beats - Need You Around ft. The GTW
JMSN - Love & Pain (Ta-Ku Remix)
Kastle - Without You ft. Austin Paul
Little Freaky Things - What A Bad Day (Borussia Remix)
Conquering Animal Sound - Treehouses (iO Sounds Remix)
Kastle - Been Awhile
Bodhi - Culture
Friend Within - The Hollow
Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness (Ryan Hemsworth Remix)
Bobby Tank - The Way
Mike Mago - Never Felt Like This Before
Squarehead - Elegante
Artifact - The Way It Do
Artifact - The Way It Do (Damu Remix)
Jakwob - Fade (Club VIP Mix)
South Soul Project - Deep In My
XXXY - Got Me So
Wen - Lo-Fidelity
Miguel - All… (Kastle Remix)
Little Freaky Things - Nightfall (Joaan Remix)
Short Stories - Let It Go
Mya - Love Is Like (Jaw Jam Bootleg)
Cashmere Cat - Aurora
Nalepa - Uh Oh Hey Um
Druid Cloak - Blue Flame (Shackle's Remix)
Djemba Djemba - Yah Pop

This mix is ridiculous. Some new/unreleased stuff as well. New Ryan Hemsworth remix as well.

Thanks man. That looks pretty nice, it's €150 here though. Can you also use both speakers and a headphone mode?

dont quite know what you mean, but of course you plug in headphones to the front and speakers/AV system in the back for playback. I use it at home or when DJ'ing at smaller clubs all the time.

miksushag

dont quite know what you mean, but of course you plug in headphones to the front and speakers/AV system in the back for playback. I use it at home or when DJ'ing at smaller clubs all the time.

I always fear that I break those tiny DJ controllers. DJ gear should imo be a huge battlestation hahah.

joelparrett

Neo Member
Patiently waiting for the 3rd JODY release due today, happily stumbled upon a remix by THE-DRUM for a TEAM BEAR CLUB BOY (Morri$'s crew) MAAL A GOOMBA!~

Top Bottom