• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Shaneus

Goosebumps, I've got goosebumps. That light show system is pretty amazing.
Man, the debauchery, the lights, the music that must've filled that place over it's lifetime, holy shit. If they invent time machines, that's where/when I'm headed, first stop.

The strange thing is with some of those venues, is you see inside when they're kind of empty and somewhat lit up, they rarely look all that special. But you add the music and the energy of the people, the actual room itself becomes irrelevant.

Man, I wish clubbing was like that these days, when there was such a clear disconnect between one's clubbing life and their day job... this secret society with a wink, a handshake, a knowing, wry smile and subtle nod.

Fuck, I need to find a good underground/house party to go to.

PS. There's a guy in the comments asking about a track at 5:30... Shazam tells me it's this. I think it's spot on :D (ugh, there must be hundreds of these fucking tracks from back then that just sound brand new. Maxxi Soundsystem's obvious inspiration, this stuff)

PPS. Oh man, of course on the side there's a link to Your Love by Jamie Principle. Fuck, just hook it up to my veins right now.

BeeDog

OOOUUUUUFFF, Mike Parker - Lustrations is out now:

HERE

Essential techno for anyone that's into the genre. Monotonous as fuck, but talk about deep.

Pacbois

Goddamn I can't wait for the new Jacques Greene EP.

Everything he has done recently is golden.

Also, I'm love with Yugen by Koreless, this EP is gorgeous.

saw ryan hemsworth in paris last night it was a good time although the social club sound system isnt that great

Eurgh, hate the Social Club, even if they got a bunch of cool parties with good lineups.
If you're interested, there will be a bunch of club nights in the Grand Palais for the Cinema Paradisio Expo. The sound will be crappy (lots of echo) but it's quite cheap and clubbing inside the Grand Palais is a cool experience.
Also, check out the line up for La Plage du Glazart, there will be a bunch of free outdoor show, if the weather gets better, it might be really cool.

okno

Hey y'all. I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but Adultnapper is a regular at my job, and earlier this year I bought a Roland 707 off of him. Amazing piece of hardware, works flawlessly, but unfortunately I might need to sell it. I figured I'd toss that out here in case someone would want it. If anyone is interested, just drop me a line. I just don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would and it's taking up a lot of space.

Yes. God, yes. My most anticipated album by far. I've not been this excited for anything in years.

Raja Ram listened to it, here's his description on Facebook:

I really want a release date, I've been looking for new tracks on Youtube for a while (like this one) and from what I've heard during the broadcast of the mastering session, it sounds incredible.

Just have to wait :( I know that GAF does have a few Shpongle fans though. I think.

Aha! Yeah, well I know you are excited for the new Shpongle, my fellow Psybient cosmonaut. Simon's FB updates are driving me nuts, but it seems like it's almost done. I should unearth the "unofficial" psybient thread with some updates.

edit: Whoa! there was a broadcast of the mastering session? Damn!

miksushag

IM019 - ill Life - ill Life EP (June 3rd 12"/Digital)
https://soundcloud.com/infinite-machine/im019-ill-life-ill-life-ep

12" (July)

A1.- Ever Decreasing Circles
A2.- Ever Decreasing Circles (Borealis Unmoved Mover Remix)
B1.- GO
B2.- GO (Liar Resex)

Digital (June 3rd)

01.- Ever Decreasing Circles
02.- GO
03.- Come Out
04.- Ever Decreasing Circles (Borealis Unmoved Mover Remix)
05.- GO (Kommune1 Remix)
06.- GO (Liar Resex)

This goes hardddddddddddddddddd. Love 'Go' and 'Go (Liar Resex)' that Liar Resexes bass is like a lawnmover lol.

Find the soft spot in my heart again for deeper house sound also. So good.

Ten Walls - Gotham
https://soundcloud.com/tenwallsmusic/ten-walls-gotham

Shaneus

Hey y'all. I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but Adultnapper is a regular at my job, and earlier this year I bought a Roland 707 off of him. Amazing piece of hardware, works flawlessly, but unfortunately I might need to sell it. I figured I'd toss that out here in case someone would want it. If anyone is interested, just drop me a line. I just don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would and it's taking up a lot of space.
How much to send to Australia? ;)

miksushag

50 Tracks Of Strictly
https://bleep.com/stream/50 tracks of strictly

The Bleep staff have trawled the abundance of good music released over the years on Strictly Rhythm and have worked with A&R man Phil Cheeseman to create a 50 track exclusive compilation to show the incredible breadth of the catalogue. From the absolute classics to lesser-known gems this is a dance music must-have.

'50 Tracks of Strictly' is a digital-only compilation and is available in MP3 / WAV / FLAC formats for a limited period.

One of my favourite labels ever.

bowery

Eurgh, hate the Social Club, even if they got a bunch of cool parties with good lineups.
If you're interested, there will be a bunch of club nights in the Grand Palais for the Cinema Paradisio Expo. The sound will be crappy (lots of echo) but it's quite cheap and clubbing inside the Grand Palais is a cool experience.
Also, check out the line up for La Plage du Glazart, there will be a bunch of free outdoor show, if the weather gets better, it might be really cool.

awesome! i bought tickets for the colette and kitsune nights, buying tickets for disclosure on june 20th. kaytranada is playing with brodisnki at social club next saturday....very tempting.
if theres anything cool that comes up in paris this month could you let me know?

Pacbois

awesome! i bought tickets for the colette and kitsune nights, buying tickets for disclosure on june 20th. kaytranada is playing with brodisnki at social club next saturday....very tempting.
if theres anything cool that comes up in paris this month could you let me know?

I'm strapped for cash right now, so I fear I'll miss Disclosure :'( Resident Advisor is pretty good for checking parties in Paris. I know there is a big Acid House party at the Rex Club next saturday. Also La Fete de la Musique is on the 21, there will be a shitload of parties everywhere on the street and some nice electronic stuff. And if you're still in Paris on the 29th (and okay with it) go to the Gay Pride, always lots of good techno music.

Lakitu

st5fu
Aha! Yeah, well I know you are excited for the new Shpongle, my fellow Psybient cosmonaut. Simon's FB updates are driving me nuts, but it seems like it's almost done. I should unearth the "unofficial" psybient thread with some updates.

edit: Whoa! there was a broadcast of the mastering session? Damn!

You might wanna check out Shpongle.com :D it's available for pre-order on Tuesday (with an instant free track in MP3 from the new album when you pre-order) and it's coming out July 29th. Going to pre-order the CD + Digital Version combo.

Updated the psybient thread but no one seems interested :(

The mastering session was pretty fun, if a little brief. Lost connection and they didn't resume. Everything sounded great though.

thabiz

Frankie Bones - Electro Magnetic

Electric Indigo - Houztekk Podcast #001 fuckin sick!
01. Thomas Köner -The Weary Seer [Krake 001]
02. Erika - Tunneling [Interdimensional Transmissions 30]
03. Zeitgeber - Body Out [Stroboscopic Artefacts 018]
04. Diamond Version - When Performance Matters [Mute Artists Limited 12DVMUTE4]
05. Cassegrain - Serpent [Krake 001]
06. Ynaktera - grid_01 [Stochastic Resonance 01]
07. Synus0006 - Galaktika [B4CK6ROUNDNO1SE XX9]
08. Luigi Acidmachine - Planned Obsolescence [Cannibald 030]
09. Stanislav Tolkachev - Depth Of Light [M_Rec Ltd Grey Series 04]
10. Ray Kajioka - Fly [Kanzleramt 158]
11. David Meiser - Pursuing My Way [Sonntag Morgen 025]
12. Ad.Lib - She Lost Control / Rebekah Remix [Berlin Consumer 002]
13. Dadub - Syncronic Pattern [Krake 001]
14. SNTS - S4 [SNTS 02]
15. Traversable Wormhole - Negative Energy Density [CLR CD012]
16. Tim Exile - It's Dark In Here But I Still Love You [Krake 001]
17. Headless Horseman - Decapitation [Headless Horseman 002]
18. Monya - Panik [Berlin Consumer 001]
19. Tracy - Panorama [C.R.S. 025.5]
20. Psyk - Intern [Mote Evolver 035]
21. Diamond Version - Live Young [Mute Artists Limited 12DVMUTE4]
22. Erika - North Hex / Orphx Mix [Interdimensional Transmissions 31]
23. Splinter - Splinter [UTurn 19]
24. Kangding Ray - Nuis Octury [Stroboscopic Artefacts 017]
25. Mystica Tribe - Zen Stone [Syncom Data 29]
26. NX1 - NX1 05 013 [NX1 05]
27. Maps and Diagrams - Last Men On Earth / Ran Slavin Remix [False Industries 009]
28. Monya - Burnout [Berlin Consumer 001]
29. Elektrabel - Desaft [Subsist 16]
30. Samuli Kemppi - Less Than Planck [M_Rec Ltd 17]
31. Perc - Work Softer / Desonanz Remix [Prosthetic Pressings 037]
32. Roberto Figus - Galaxy part II / Dubver Rework [Etichetta Nera 021]
33. Beat Pharmacy - Magic And Luck [Throne Of Blood 35]
34. Hironori Takahashi - Jazert [Informa 006]
35. Aksutique - Echolot [Diametric UK 16]
36. Markus Suckut - Vibrant [Figure CD01]
37. Mystica Tribe - Flowers [Syncom Data 27]
38. Psyk - Arcade [Mote Evolver 035]
39. Urbano - Tight [Decoy 003]
40. Somaticae - The Leviathan [In Paradisum 010]
41. Ynaktera - orion_sect1 [Stochastic Resonance 01]

Paul Mac - Stimulus Sessions Vol 7
Orphan 101 - Amber
Herva - Snow & Clouds
Nima Khak - Sifted Sand
Mark Morris - Ozono
Depeche Mode - I Feel Loved (Roberto Edit)
Exploit - Fueurwerk
BrukRode - Double Oh Two
Dot Out - Drums
Ray Kajioka - Rotary
Developer - Tiburon
Ben Sims & Tyree Cooper - I feel It Deep (Sandwell District Mix)
Franco Cangelli - Lost Conversation (Paul Mac Mix)
Pfiter - Ahora (Jonas Kopp Mix)
Bambounou - Brim
Mental Resonance - Distan Eyes
Sleeparchive - 3 (Sims JFF Edit)
Oscar Mulero - Disinformation (Orphx Mix)
J. Tijn - Hamerhoofd
Bleaching Agent - Wakefield Polish
Reeko - Blueshift
Terrence Dixon - Minimalism (Ben Klock Mix)
Delta Funktionen - Onkalo (Karenn Mix)
Mike Dehnert - Eigenzeit
Angel Alanis - Grano Salis (Heron Mix)
Tessera - 04 (Robert Hood Mix)
Crackboy - User (Paul Mac Edit)
LVis 1990 - That Thunder Track
Alex Coulton - Too Much Talk (Tessela Mix)
Martyn - Bad Chicago
Firejose? - Just Tell Me
Jonas Kopp - Desire
Martyn - Newspeak
MRSK - Image Ctrl
Heiko Laux , Diego Hostettler & Rocco Caine - Splinter
Binny - Subtractive Rhythm (Paul Mac Mix)
Jeroen Search & Dimi Angelis - A&S5 B1

Shaneus

H6jXCoH.jpg

No excuses, people.

miksushag

Italians Do It Better - After Dark 2 Compilation
Seriously good stuff. Especially if you are a fan of drum machines and 80s sounding synths, like I am :wub:

italians-do-it-better-compilation-after-dark-2-e1342561237971.png

Top Bottom