• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Nyx

Still one of the best mix CDs EVER.

Anthony Pappa - Resolution CD1

Revolt - Relax (Lemon 8 Remix)
Chab - The Dub Session (A Cooler Dub)
MV - Hollow (Original Deviation Mix)
Shuffle Inc. - Remember New York (Lexicon Avenue House Heads Mix)
Lexicon Avenue - Why R U Here (House Heads Remix)
Space Manoeuvres - Stage One (Mara Remix)
Digby & Oliver - 7 Stones
Pappa & Gilbey - The Rhythm
Fred Numf vs. Etienne Overdijk - Love Is The Drug (Redshifts Wicked Cartel Remix)
Saeed And Palash - Watching You
Peter Bailey - U Need It (Saeed & Palash's Locked In The Groove Remix)
Greed feat. Lesley - L.O.V.E. (Darko vs. Gainer Sumdub Mix)
Stefano Greppi - Electro-Pop

injurai

Banned
Ah-hee...

Injurai: Let me know what you think of freshmixed001. It's part of a project I'll be revealing hopefully within a week, big things are happening!

I was just about to ask who made that mix, name change? Did you take down that other mix?

Shaneus

Did we ever discuss how great this is? Full tracks on his soundcloud:

Samba version

Disko

The bonus one just sounds like disko but neutered and circumcised.

VRZfrnc.gif
Todd Terje
VRZfrnc.gif
He does a great live set ;) I had no idea how big he was until people actually *singing* along to Inspector Norse. Also, I've never seen so many hipsters at a gig ever.

okno

I was just about to ask who made that mix, name change? Did you take down that other mix?

Yes and yes. It's all part of this project I'm working on, don't want to reveal too much just yet. I can send you the other mix if you'd like, I'll probably re-upload it to another account soon.

injurai

Banned
Yes and yes. It's all part of this project I'm working on, don't want to reveal too much just yet. I can send you the other mix if you'd like, I'll probably re-upload it to another account soon.

that would be swell, I've been listening to them at work

Shaneus probably allready posted this but god I want some of these edits :(
http://soundcloud.com/late-nite-tuff-guy/late-nite-tuff-guy-another

TRACK LIST:

01. Cost Of Love - Kartell
02. Gettin' Togetha - Fudge Fingas
03. Strategy - Get Down Edits
04. Take Care Of You - Cherokee
05. Not In Love Anymore - LNTG Rework
06. Lovely Day - LNTG Rework
07. My Body's On Fire - LNTG Rework
08. Nobody - LNTG Rework
09. Family - LNTG Rework
10. Pull Up TO The Bumper - DiscoMofo Edit
11. That's A Groove - LNTG Full Funkin' Vocal Rework
12. Falling - Only Children
13. Hold Tite - LNTG Rework (remastered version)
14. Do I Believe In God - LNTG Rework
15. Down Fever - Only Children
16. Allrite - LNTG Italo Disco Rework
17. Holiday - LNTG Rework

Shaneus

Haha, nice. I think it was Move D I saw a little while ago on a bill with Superpitcher (I think?) and he was by far the best of the night.

IIRC, he was the first person I heard play this.

Edit: Never mind, the lineup was Ellen Allien, Move D, Jimpster & Barem. But I'm sure it was him that played that track. I remember Barem being surprisingly good, too.

thabiz

Kit Clayton - Live at Honey Soundsystem [6-2-13]
Wack [variation one], Rrose x Bob Ostertag
Sketches Pt4, Carl Davis
Walk 4 Me, Tronco Traxx
Freak It! (John Ciafone Full Swing Remix), Studio 45
Juicy, Harvard Bass
Hey Jack! (Bonus Beats), Jackmaster
Running, DJ Duke
Henrietta, Gorge
Main Vibe, Todd Edwards
Leaving Me feat. Khan (Clockwork (C_W) Remix), DJ T
A Summer Fling, Johnick
Dirty Cash, Gav Memnos
Psyk, Plastikman
Warpaint, Gregor Tresher
Explorer, Green Velvet
Rave Strength, Electric Rescue
Randoms, Milton Jackson
DB011, Steffi
Test 66 - Chez Damier's Late Night Mix, Mush
I Love My Juicy, DJ Rush
Vortex, Maxime Dangles
Alkaselzer, Ixel
Knickerbocker, Mic Newman
Nuis Octury, Kangding Ray
On Da Floor, Redshape
Sweet Tea (Cedaa Remix), LE1F
Pollution, Skudge
Unix Alive, Robert Hood
Sektor B, Shifted
Beat Phreak, DBX
Owe Me (Nicolas Jaar Mix), No Regular Play

Cajmere - Live @ Kaballah Festival Brazil (5-4-2013)

J-Dub - The Rebirth 12.21.12

Angel Alanis - Torque Podcast 002
1. Will Azada - Surround
2. Mattias Fridell - Procurators
3. Tom Hades - Warlocks (Harvey Mckay Remix)
4. Ovi M - Emeris (Virulent Remix)
5. Ilario Alicante - Unknown
6. Abe Duque - The Future Is Back
7. Raffaele Attanasio - Black Bloc (Manzel aka Jonas Kopp Version)
8. Forest People - Mulach (Deh-Noizer Remix)
9. Technetium - Holzig (Q'Hey Remix)
10. Will Azada - Cry
11. Bodies In Pawn - Null (Luis Flores Version)
12. Hans Bouffmyhre - Droning (Slam Paragraph Mix)
13. GO!DIVA - Tiny Moustache
14. Q'hey - North Wind (Hrk.y & Ryogo Yamamori Remix)

miksushag

This popped into my head today, thought I'd share:
Midnight Juggernauts - Shadows

Listened to Midnight Juggernauts when I was still in my french house phase, you know with Justice, Ed Banger and all that. Grew out of it after a while lol.
I mean the production is solid and I understand why it appeals to masses, but the dj mixes full of the same songs and some faggy popsongs got really old after a while. That being said, this still rocks.

Scenario Rock - Both Gotta Move On
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQL3fgMRNDE

Shaneus

Didin't he play an edit of Land Down Under?
Oh god, I almost forgot. And I think he played his edit of Stuck in the Middle With You. SMH.

Some choice choons I picked up from my mate last night. Might not be as good as I remember them, you have been warned:

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (Virgin Magnetic Material remix)
Grass is Greener - Two of Hearts
Donna Summer - I Feel Love (Future Feelings edit) (cannot recommend this highly enough... a perfect re-production)
Falco - Ganz Wien (Alex Barck remix) (I also recommend a track of Barck's called Re-set and one he did with Prommer(?) called Gladys Knight (free download!) (the latter probably being my favourite of the three)
Chill Pollins - Stu-Stu-Studio (don't dismiss it before listening to it first if you think that by the name, it'll be crap)
Kolombo & Sharam Jey - Nonstop!
Hector Couto, Darius Syrossian - House is House (Orginal Mix)
Cajmere & Sonny Fodera - CO2 Vapor

Nice.

Just trying to build up a selection of dico/house tracks to play at a house party this friday so those will come in handy.

While going through what I already had I hit Azari & III which I got when their album came out. I forgot about some real tunes on it.
Azari & III - Into The Night
Azari & III - Lost In Time
Azari & III - Reckless With Your Love
The only remix ive heard that I like is the Jamie Jones one of hungry for the power.

Shaneus

Oh fuck yes! I remember him playing that for some party (or maybe it was Justice playing it? Something to do with Justice, anyway) and could NOT find the name of it anywhere... this was maybe 6 months ago? Glad to know the name of it now.

Sadly, the first song I ever heard of Gessafelstein's was this, sad because IMO he hasn't produced anything anywhere near as good since.

That... that comes close, though.

PS. That Cajmere mix thabiz posted... mein gott.

Oh fuck yes! I remember him playing that for some party (or maybe it was Justice playing it? Something to do with Justice, anyway) and could NOT find the name of it anywhere... this was maybe 6 months ago? Glad to know the name of it now.

Sadly, the first song I ever heard of Gessafelstein's was this, sad because IMO he hasn't produced anything anywhere near as good since.

That... that comes close, though.

PS. That Cajmere mix thabiz posted... mein gott.

Yeah, the stuff he produces usually isn't that great, but live he's fucking incredible. I try to go every time, he's just that good and I can recommend everyone to go if they get the chance.

Nice.

Just trying to build up a selection of dico/house tracks to play at a house party this friday so those will come in handy.

While going through what I already had I hit Azari & III which I got when their album came out. I forgot about some real tunes on it.
Azari & III - Into The Night
Azari & III - Lost In Time
Azari & III - Reckless With Your Love
The only remix ive heard that I like is the Jamie Jones one of hungry for the power.

The Tensnake remix of reckless with your love is harmless fun!

Shaneus

Yeah, the stuff he produces usually isn't that great, but live he's fucking incredible. I try to go every time, he's just that good and I can recommend everyone to go if they get the chance.
Listening to it again, you know what it reminds me of? This. Not that it sounds much like it, but structure and the use of that repetitive loop... both very similar to each other, IMO.

okno

I just need to pop in here and give a public service announcement: If you ever have the opportunity to see Roman Fluegel live, go fucking see Roman Fluegel. Saw him alongside Francis Harris on Saturday and I'm still recovering from it. Absolutely the best party I have been to in a LONG time.

Carry on.

Dreaver

Hey guys, a little bit off topic, but can someone help me out here? As there are quite some DJ"s here.

I have recently bought a Numark Mixtrack Pro and I have Traktor 2 (full edition) installed on my computer. However, when I try to speed up or slow down the BPM with the jogwheel it instantly jumps back to the default BPM (or the BPM where the pitch fader is pushed to).

That means I can't manually beat match, the jogwheels work fine when I scratch through a paused song, but I can't use them for beat matching. I bet there is some option or so that's blocking it. This guy has the same problem, I tried what the other guy suggested (there is no CD mode in Traktor 2?).

There are so many options, I tried quite some but I can't seem to fix it, does anyone have an idea?

(No the sync button / scratch button aren't active...)

daviyoung

Banned
I've not used that kit, but the jog wheels are used to speed up/slow down tracks temporarily. This is so you can sync beats easier, akin to lightly tapping a spinning record. It will always jump back to the default.

There should be other faders on the deck that allow for permanent BPM change to the track you're playing, unless that change is made in software instead.

There are Pitch sliders on either side to adjust the speed and also pitch blend buttons above which I havent really worked out a use for other than when the bpm is off by like .23 or something.

Theres also layouts about that change the functions so my pitch blends make the track jump forward or back by 8/12/32 or whatever number bars instead.

Ive still not worked out if you can do that normally, like on the Traktor s2 you can hold shift and then use the jog wheel to cycle through the track lightning fast.

Dreaver

I've not used that kit, but the jog wheels are used to speed up/slow down tracks temporarily. This is so you can sync beats easier, akin to lightly tapping a spinning record. It will always jump back to the default.

There should be other faders on the deck that allow for permanent BPM change to the track you're playing, unless that change is made in software instead.

Yeah I know it's just temporary (as long as you 'hold' them), but the thing is it literally jumps back INSTANT even without removing my hands from wheels. It's a bit hard to explain, but I'm pretty sure there is something blocking the feature :\

Dreaver

Is it acting like a manual fast-forward/rewind?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but I don't think so. It's like it's 'glued' (figuratively) to the BPM. The pitch fader works (so I can change the BPM to the other songs BPM) but I can't 'adjust' it by speeding/slowing it down temporary manually so the beat actually matches. I'll capture it with some capture device so I can demonstrate. Hang on for a moment!

Edit:

Here is a video showing the problem

For the first 7 seconds I am not touching anything, it's just playing. After 7 seconds you can see my finger moving to the jog wheel and turning it up (speeding it), You can see the BPM acting weird, like it's glued to 145 BPM, it won't go up. At around 15 seconds I took my finger of it).

(Yeah there is only one song playing right now, but it's just to show the problem, sync button is NOT active).

Top Bottom