• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

injurai

Banned
Not sure if these are exactly what you're looking for but have a gander at these:

IDMf - A forum dedicated to IDM, general discussion about the scene/artists as well as lots of production advice.

Gearslutz - The Internet's premier audio gear forum. If you're interested in hardware this is the place to go.

Glitch Hop Forum - Good bunch of guys on here and lots of helpful advice even if you're not into Glitch Hop.

KVR - A site dedicated to VST/Plugins. Extremely good forum as well.

ooh, thanks for this. All of this look right up my alley.

Yeah if anyone has any suggestions for gear. Even if it's out of budget or it's your bias it would be good for me to feel out what might be out there. Or go for similar alternatives.

gdt

Its been about a year since Blawan released a solo ep. He's been obsessed with collabs since then. Karrenn was ok. Trade was better, the new Parrasella EP is great however. But what the fuck man.

gdt

Ok first there is a new Scuba track out... Too Strong (from the fact mix a couple of months ago)....a complete banger.

Also he seems to be having some kind of beef with Zomby over twitter...

Ok so I'm trying to piece it together..

ZOMBY ® ‏@ZombyMusic 13h
charge u 200 quid to sit in a field and get sunburnt to mumford ..
sick weekend that yeah
fuck off

Scuba ‏@ScubaOfficial 13h
He says this with a conditional seriousness, as if there are great matters at stake. @ZombyMusic

ZOMBY ® ‏@ZombyMusic 13h
paul shut your fucking mouth we know when you see me youll go pale and shake so shut the fuck up mate @BassFuture @ScubaOfficial

At this point I thought it was a goof but then

To recap, last time @ZombyMusic shot his mouth off to me on here he cancelled the gig we were scheduled to play together the following week.

I can understand his frustration though, must be pretty galling to release a double album only to discover no-one gives a shit anymore.

And then you give an interview to Pitchfork and they spend most of it taking the piss out of you. Ouch.

Scuba ‏@ScubaOfficial 12h
Seriously mate @DJMany, even @ZombyMusic got one guy defending him.

lol

His whole rap on DJMany is pretty funny too.

My friend works for reconstruct! I have never had the chance to go but it always look like a lot of fun and apparently that sound system is amazing.

i really want a night slugs tee but they're all sold out :(

Yeah its supposed to be really good. I found a few tunes last night but forgot to repost them..

miksushag

Its been about a year since Blawan released a solo ep. He's been obsessed with collabs since then. Karrenn was ok. Trade was better, the new Parrasella EP is great however. But what the fuck man.

He is getting too much into the whole techno thing imo.

Nyx

Bought tickets to another festival with artists like Kevin Sauderson, Perc, Kaiserdisco, Ben Sims, Alan Fitzpatrick, Cari Lekebusch and Pig & Dan.

Can't wait!

daviyoung

Banned
tumblr_mojwceaDVu1sw9nrqo1_1280.jpg

lol

okno

No, this is fantastic.

Day off means record shopping day! My Boomkat cart alone came out to $150 (49 individual releases), I don't know what I would do if I were to collect vinyl at the moment (cry, a lot.) I haven't even gone to clone.nl or juno, yet. Anyway, some things worth mentioning:

Inkswel - Circle Jerks
Mathias Zimmerman & SCNTST - Rick
K-Lagane - Bump (serious heat)
Rouge Mecanique - Witches <-- For the disco fiends!
Various Artists - No. 8, 8.5, 9
Lrusse & Bleecker - Dot Product
Deadbeat - I.D. 3
Beneath - Strike A Pose
Matrixxman - The XX Files EP

And for the acid heads: Acid Jesus has just been re-released digitally.

okno

Pretty sure someone here will enjoy this: Donky Pitch - We Didn't Think We'd Make It This Far Vol. 1 (free album)

1. Ghost Mutt - Thoroughbred
2. Nino - Bright Lights Big City
3. V.C. - Superfluid
4. 813 - Plumbeous Bubbles
5. Keyboard Kid 206 - Based Exorcism
6. The Range - my db limit
7. ARP 101 x Elliott Yorke - Fluro Black
8. Lockah - Platinum Blonde
9. The Range - Life Like This
10. LiL TExAS - Shaba
11. Slugabed - OOF, WOW!
12. LiL TExAS - My Love (Lockah Remix)
13. Ghost Mutt - Bitch Don't
14. Keyboard Kid 206 - Seattle Based Party
15. Tokyo Hands - Bruised
16. V.C. - Drive
17. 813 - Floristique
18. LiL TExAS - Want It To Last

bowery

so im in toronto until the end of summer and it looks like theres a couple of good shows here, JETS, a james blake dj set and julio bashmore in the first week of august. anyone in toronto know if theres anything good coming up?

thabiz

so im in toronto until the end of summer and it looks like theres a couple of good shows here, JETS, a james blake dj set and julio bashmore in the first week of august. anyone in toronto know if theres anything good coming up?

james teej and ben ufo this weekend. green velvet on the 5th.

where in toronto are you?

The Warehouse project in Manchester has released their line ups. Some of them are seeeeerious!

http://www.thewarehouseproject.com/calendar.php

WHP & FIELD DAY PRESENT...
CURATED BY FOUR TET & CARIBOU

FOUR TET
DAPHNI
DOOM
MADLIB
DJ SETBEN UFO
&PEARSON SOUND
THOM YORKE
DJ SETJOY ORBISON
JAMES HOLDEN
FLOATING POINTS
EVIAN CHRIST
KYLE HALL
WOOKIE
HAPPA
DJ BARELY LEGAL
IRATION STEPPAS
JONNY DUB

SOUNDS OF THE NEAR FUTURE
ROOM 1
FLYING LOTUS
CAPTAIN MURPHY EUROPEAN DEBUT EXCLUSIVE
RUSTIE
J-ROCC
(STONES THROW)LAPALUX
ECLAIR FIFI
ROOM 2
JAMIE XX
JOHN TALABOT
CASHMERE CAT
KUTMAH
XXXY
JON K
ROOM 3
ELIPHINO
TWO INCH PUNCH
ILLUM SPHERE
CHRIS READ (BBE)
JONNY DUB
RICH FURNESS & ANDREW HILL

WHP & 50WEAPONS PRESENT...
MODESELEKTION
MODERAT
LFO
PANTHA DU PRINCE
DOPPLEREFFEKT
MODESELEKTOR
DJ SETMARCEL DETTMANN
BEN KLOCK
SCUBA
DUSKY
GEORGE FITZGERALD
KARENN
LIVE // FEAT. BLAWAN & PARIAHBEN UFO
ZOMBY
COSMIN TRG
BODDIKA
MARTYN
BENJAMIN DAMAGE & DOC DANEEKA
ANSTAM
GREG LORD
MEANS&3RD

Shaneus

thom yorke should never be allowed to touch decks, sorry, a laptop.
There's only one musician of that ilk that I am curious to see behind the decks:
si2JWqu.jpg

(Kele, the dude from Bloc Party)

From what I heard of his debut solo album, it was somewhat promising and showed more than your typical alt-rock superdouche when they jump on the club music bandwagon.
Oh holy shit. Amazing.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of DJ'ing on a laptop, a few years back at Electric Zoo there was an act called DJ Snoopadelic on the mainstage, and when the lineup was announced no one knew who he was.

Then come his set time you see Snoop Dogg walk out on stage with his posse and start DJ'ing on a MacBook. It was, like, the worst set I have ever witnessed. People were booing him to get off stage, and he was visibly annoyed. Eventually he dropped the whole pretext of DJ'ing and just started rapping, and people finally started to enjoy it.

injurai

Banned
Speaking of DJ'ing on a laptop, a few years back at Electric Zoo there was an act called DJ Snoopadelic on the mainstage, and when the lineup was announced no one knew who he was.

Then come his set time you see Snoop Dogg walk out on stage with his posse and start DJ'ing on a MacBook. It was, like, the worst set I have ever witnessed. People were booing him to get off stage, and he was visibly annoyed. Eventually he dropped the whole pretext of DJ'ing and just started rapping, and people finally started to enjoy it.

Ha, it's really funny how people try to "jump" on the DJ thing. They way I see it DJ'ing is a way to present your music (or others) when the music was composed in such a way that it can't be played conventionally. Like Electronic artists, or club DJs playing other's music. The former of course should be taken to the nth degree and recomposed and stuff to make the live performance unique and interesting.

Top Bottom