• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Dreaver

I was listening to some live set from (I believe) Skream, Eats Everything and a few others b2b yesterday and this song was playing, instant Shazam'd it, indeed a great song. <3 the steel drums.

At the moment I can't decide on a third.

1. Eddie C - Coffee Way

2. Re-UP - Visna A

The first one is really great in my opinion, saved the song.

Working through your list as we speak! Always a nice way to discover new music.

Yeah it's pretty chill, I like it :).

joelseph

I am doing the Extra Life fundraiser again this year. I am raising money for November 2nd when me and my buddies will be playing boardgames for 25 hours straight with all proceeds going to help kids in The Children's Hospital Network. Last year my friends and family donated over 1,000 dollars that went directly to the Peoria Children's Hospital. This year, with the help of my gaming crew Lighter Thieves, we are trying to crush that! If you can spare a small donation please take a moment to follow the link. Many thanks friends.

Joelseph's Extra Life donation page

miksushag

Cyril Hahn Perfectly Formed Bestimix
https://soundcloud.com/cyrilhahn/cyril-hahn-perfectly-formed

Burial - Forgive
Elite Gymnastics - Here in Heaven 2
Jessy Lanza - Kathy Lee
Fort Romeau - SW9
Luke Abbott - Modern Driveway
Jon Hopkins ft Purity Ring - Breathe This Air
John Talabot - So Will Be Now (Club Revision)
Voyeur - Blame It on the Youth
Caribou - Odessa
Jayson Brothers - Monster Box
Todd Terje - Ragysh (Original Mix)
Cyril Hahn - Perfect Form

okno

Was browsing Soundcloud a bit and came accross this boiler room set from Matthias Zimmerman. Never heard of him before but it is a really nice and refreshing mix.

Mattihas Zimmerman Paris 30 min Boiler Room

Fucking LOVE Matthias Zimmermann! His recent release on Sound Pellegrino has probably my favorite track of the year: Matthias Zimmermann - Paul

I guess I'll continue the 5 favorite tracks of the year thing we started. Not in any order, and 'Paul' counts as one:

Cliff Lothar - Dro Friday
Xosar - The Calling
Motor City Drum Ensemble - Send A Prayer Pt. 1
Ducktails - Letter of Intent (DJ Sprinkles's Post Script Mix)

Also, I don't know how I managed to be able to do this, but I have another day off today :O http://plug.dj/the-jamz/ I'll be going back and forth from Logic/Reason to this all afternoon.

Shaneus

Fucking LOVE Matthias Zimmermann! His recent release on Sound Pellegrino has probably my favorite track of the year: Matthias Zimmermann - Paul

I guess I'll continue the 5 favorite tracks of the year thing we started. Not in any order, and 'Paul' counts as one:

Cliff Lothar - Dro Friday
Xosar - The Calling
Motor City Drum Ensemble - Send A Prayer Pt. 1
Ducktails - Letter of Intent (DJ Sprinkles's Post Script Mix)

Also, I don't know how I managed to be able to do this, but I have another day off today :O http://plug.dj/the-jamz/ I'll be going back and forth from Logic/Reason to this all afternoon.
For some reason, I thought the intro bit of that Xosar track was a sample from this. Then I realised I was completely wrong. But then I thought it might've been from this. On reflection, I think the sample/synth used to make the start of the Central Seven track came from the same source as the one in the Xosar track.

PS. What I'd give to have been legal when that sort of music was in the clubs... and not just because the drugs were better ;)

Shaneus

Are you thinking just for digital DJing, JL? I don't think it'll be that cheap (unless you can find it second-hand) but I have the Vestax Typhoon and it's more than capable. Think I paid <$200AU new.

Are you thinking just for digital DJing, JL? I don't think it'll be that cheap (unless you can find it second-hand) but I have the Vestax Typhoon and it's more than capable. Think I paid <$200AU new.

I have a mix-track pro for digital stuff, its not the best but it does the job for party's and making mixes. I also have 2 vinyl decks and about 50 vinyl, originally I got 2 as the came as a two for £50, thought it stick the spare in the roof..
Well now I have started buying loads of eps and such so I figure I should at least get the basics of beat matching on vinyl down so that when I take my records to friends, i can actually play them ha ha

Shaneus

Ahhh... gotcha. In that case, I think any (relatively) cheap mixer would do you. I think either this or this would do you if it's just bedroomy stuff you're wanting it for. But read reviews etc., I've just seen those ones about and they look like they might not be complete shit (but very, VERY basic).

okno

You can get the Numark x1 for MAD cheap. It's a digital mixer that can also be used for phono. I bought one three years ago for $100, I would imagine it would be even cheaper now. It's a very basic mixer, but built like a tank and has a fantastic soundcard in it.

And miksu, I love house and techno equally, but I've been going through a pretty serious house phase as of late.

Shaneus, I don't think it's a sample at all. Xosar, who has become Legowelt's alter ego (and one half of Xamiga), is a huge vintage synth nerd, so you're probably hitting the right era with those tracks.

gdt

You can get the Numark x1 for MAD cheap. It's a digital mixer that can also be used for phono. I bought one three years ago for $100, I would imagine it would be even cheaper now. It's a very basic mixer, but built like a tank and has a fantastic soundcard in it.

And miksu, I love house and techno equally, but I've been going through a pretty serious house phase as of late.

Shaneus, I don't think it's a sample at all. Xosar, who has become Legowelt's alter ego (and one half of Xamiga), is a huge vintage synth nerd, so you're probably hitting the right era with those tracks.

Hmmm, liking Xosar's sound. She's cute and has a nice site. I haven't even gotten around to Legowelt. I LOVE the pieces I've heard though.

This cover is just so bad its hard to believe he makes good music.

legowars.jpg

bowery

if were talking tracks of the summer then we have to talk about mixes of the summer and todd terje's essential mix is the king of the summer

BeeDog

Saw Pariah (the end of his set), Blawan and Ben UFO last night (missed Pearson Sound). Pariah was alright, Blawan was GODLIKE and Ben UFO was pretty fucking good as well. Jesus, musical goodness overload. ^______^

okno

Can't believe the cancelled the entire last day because two kids died from "overdoses." I wasn't even attending and I'm even bummed about it! I'm more disappointing in the pending media frenzy about the dangers of club music, but that's nothing new.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Gaaahhhhhh I'm so annoyed that Zoo day 3 is canceled!!! I was really looking forward to it dammit, the first two days were a blast.

Edit: I bought a ticket to the Laurent Garnier afterparty. My friends are planning on going to some warehouse parties during the day and then hitting up Output in the evening. Hopefully it turns out good.

Dreaver

Can't believe the cancelled the entire last day because two kids died from "overdoses." I wasn't even attending and I'm even bummed about it! I'm more disappointing in the pending media frenzy about the dangers of club music, but that's nothing new.
It's sad for the two kids, but yeah it's pretty big they are cancelling everything (I hope but doubt everybody gets a refund).

It's also sad that this situation will strengthen the biased opinions about drugs, just because two kids used a overdoses (or whatever the cause may be). Negative media incoming.

okno

What's even MORE sad is the amount of people freaking out and cursing out EZ for canceling the day and demanding their money back with no respect at all for the kids who died. We don't even know for a fact that they died from overdoses, but even if they did they deserve some dignity in this situation. If you go to Facebook and read the cancellation status for the festival it's appalling the way people are behaving in regards to it. A lot of people DID fly into NYC to attend the festival, so of course it's disappointing to miss out on it, but 1) TWO PEOPLE DIED and 2) they are issuing refunds to everyone and 3) at least they're in NYC where they can go to any of other one zillion parties going on today :p

Shaneus

Any idea what from? If you find any links or whatever, post them here. I'm genuinely (morbidly?) curious.

Top Bottom