• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Shaneus

You folks have NYE/NYD celebrations planned? I'm having a quiet one for the tick over to midnight, but have this going on for NYD:
7wF87w9.jpg

okno

You folks have NYE/NYD celebrations planned? I'm having a quiet one for the tick over to midnight, but have this going on for NYD:

Haha, my buddy is Tenaglia's manager. If you run into a man with buzzed white hair named Benny, tell him Eirikur says hi :)

Dreaver, listen to thabiz. Do not miss The Advent! If I were going out tomorrow night, I'd be going to the 24 hour thing at Output, but I'm staying in. NYE is awful in NYC, just a total shit show.

Shaneus

The advent. DO NOT MISS!
Jesus christ. Insane.

Haha, my buddy is Tenaglia's manager. If you run into a man with buzzed white hair named Benny, tell him Eirikur says hi :)
You'd have better luck telling your buddy to look out for a redheaded guy with glasses ;) Having said that, a mate of mine used to play with the guy who's closing (and is also great friends with Phil K, who's also playing) so there's every chance I could see your mate.

I'm probably going to stuff up the pronunciation of your name, though :(

injurai

Banned
Eric+er. That's the english pronunciation.

Either way, have a blast!

Whoa!! My names Eric!

I could have sworn you were a girl from a convo we had in plug. Or is Eirikur a girls name, I always thought it was the Icelandic variation of Eric.

Shaneus

Hah, day keeps getting better. Found out on the way up that my usual NYD afterparty joint is has Crazy P billed as playing. Great way to start 2k14!

gdt

Best songs of 2013:

Aden/Machinedrum - Whip That
Breach - Jack
Disclosure - White Noise (soty)
Jacques Greene - By Your Side
Jam city - 500 Years
Just Kiddin - I Want You
Koreless - Sun
Todd Terje - Strandbar
Locked Groove - Lost
M O O N - Case Logic
No Artificial Colors - Cryin' Wolf
Paul Woolford - Untitled
Joy Orbison and Bodikka - Mercy VIP
Detroit Swindle - The Breakup.....(soty don't make me choose)
Jacques Greene - Play by Play (Jacques Greene rmx)
George Fitzgerald - I Can Tell (By The Way You Move)

gdt

Best releases of 2013

Bicep - Satisfy
ColeCo - Thrillhouse Forever
Disclosure - Settle
Dusky - Vanishing Point
Jacquese Greene - By Your Side
Jam City - Club Constructions
Locked Groove - Heritage (aoty)
Todd Terje - Strandbar/Q
XXXY - Got Me So

Shaneus

Best songs of 2013:

Aden/Machinedrum - Whip That
Breach - Jack
Disclosure - White Noise (soty)
Jacques Greene - By Your Side
Jam city - 500 Years
Just Kiddin - I Want You
Koreless - Sun
Todd Terje - Strandbar
Locked Groove - Lost
M O O N - Case Logic
Paul Woolford - Untitled
Joy Orbison and Bodikka - Mercy VIP
Detroit Swindle - The Breakup.....(soty don't make me choose)
Jacques Greene - Play by Play (Jacques Greene rmx)
George Fitzgerald - I Can Tell (By The Way You Move)
Seriously, M O O N is far better than he has every right to be, considering most people only know of his music via a fucking VIDEO GAME. How in the Sam hell did that happen?!?
Also, that play by play track was stupid awesome. Obviously one of the best tracks of 2013.

PS. Sadly, Tenaglia failing to meet expectations, despite me not actually setting any. Shame :/ So far, out of all the "legendary" NY DJs I've seen in my lifetime, only FK does his reputation justice :(

gdt

He really kind of reached his potential with the Day/Night ep. Its fantastic, and a different sort or sound for him. Like dark, moody, futuristic house.

okno

PS. Sadly, Tenaglia failing to meet expectations, despite me not actually setting any. Shame :/ So far, out of all the "legendary" NY DJs I've seen in my lifetime, only FK does his reputation justice :(

Oh he's a complete joke now. Awful dj these days.

Dreaver

Dreaver, listen to thabiz. Do not miss The Advent! If I were going out tomorrow night, I'd be going to the 24 hour thing at Output, but I'm staying in. NYE is awful in NYC, just a total shit show.
Last night was nuts, especially the closing set of The Advent (Blawan lost his passport so he couldn't come, instead the other dj's played longer). Great way to end 2013 / begin 2014.

Hopefully you all had a great NYE.

Shaneus

Oh he's a complete joke now. Awful dj these days.
You should've told this to me beforehand! Save us both a lot of trouble. Thankfully the day was saved by the opening and closing DJs, both locals (Phil K and Peter MacNamara).
But yeah, sad to think there's a handful of these DJs that were around 30 years ago who think they're still relevant without doing the relevant homework to keep them up to speed. Thankfully FK still holds his own, but makes you wonder just how many "legends" whore out their name for the sake PDA quick buck for stringing adequate random songs together :/
Completely devalues the work they did in the first place!

daviyoung

Banned
My Nu Leng - Red Bull Studios London Mix Monday

https://soundcloud.com/mynuleng/red-bull-studios-london-mix

1. Troy Gunner - Questions In The Rain (Dub)
2. Dusky - Words Later On (Aus Music)
3. Zinc - King Kong (Rinse)
4. Nativ - I Want You (Dub)
5. Rain City Riot - Control (Party Like Us Records)
6. Scrufizzer - Kick It (Marshall F rmx) (Black Butter Records)
7. Resketch - Linkway (Your Mama's Friend)
8. Drake - The Language (OVO Sound)
9. Taiki & Nulight X Herve - iAEATD (Dub)
10. Friction ft.Arlissa - Long Gone Memory (My Nu Leng rmx) (Elevate Records)
11. Gentleman's Dub Club - Give It Away (Planas remix) (Ranking Records)
12. DVA - Ganja (Hyperdub)
13. Maya Jane Coles - No Stick (I/AM/ME)
14. Mak & Pasteman - Drowning (Naked Naked)
15. Flava D - Home (Butterz)
16. Trikk - Midnight Sequence (Hype LTD)
17. Kry Wolf - Nightmode (Pedestrian remix) (Food Music)
18. Skelecta - Dying (Four40 Records)
19. Four Tet - Aerial (Text)
20. Ste E - Flirtin' (Domino Effect Records)
21. Kidnap Kid - Survive (Black Butter Records)
22. Taiki & Nulight, My Nu Leng - Reset (Black Butter Records)
23. Distro - Work That (Dub)
24. Taiki & Nulight, My Nu Leng - No.2 (Black Butter Records)
25. Aphex Twin - Windowlicker (Warp Records)
26. Prefuse 73 - Choking You (Warp Records)
27. Jazzanova - Coffee Talk (JCR)
28. Viktor Vaughn ft. Apani B - Let Me Watch (Sound-Ink Records)

Mental.

okno

You should've told this to me beforehand! Save us both a lot of trouble. Thankfully the day was saved by the opening and closing DJs, both locals (Phil K and Peter MacNamara).
But yeah, sad to think there's a handful of these DJs that were around 30 years ago who think they're still relevant without doing the relevant homework to keep them up to speed. Thankfully FK still holds his own, but makes you wonder just how many "legends" whore out their name for the sake PDA quick buck for stringing adequate random songs together :/
Completely devalues the work they did in the first place!

Haha, sorry! I figured you were going anyway, so I didn't want to force feed you my opinion on him. My buddy and I have talked about the matter a bit. Danny does care, apparently, but he just doesn't always put in the same amount of effort for every gig. Some gigs he'll do strictly vinyl, but most gigs these days he just uses Traktor and a mixer. It varies greatly depending on where he's playing and how full his schedule is, unfortunately it seems like he just phoned it in for you guys. He must still love it, though, to keep touring as much as he does, because he's on the road a ton.

Anywho, wanted to share a mix with you guys. I'm focusing a ton on my "career" right now, so sharing these things helps me keep motivated to keep trying. Some things have fallen through recently, but I have some things, hopefully, lined up in the future. This one's a pretty neat mix, if I do say so myself. Hope you guys enjoy!

tracklist said:
Mr. Beatnick - Yacht On the Nile (Don't Be Afraid)
son.sine - upekah (Delsin)
Axel Boman - Hello (Studio Barnhus)
Herbert - Let's Go Lo-Fi (Accidental)
Delroy Edwards - Bells (L.I.E.S.)
Steve Summers - Call of the Wild (L.I.E.S.)
Radio Slave - My Bleep (Roman Flugel Remix) (Rekids)
Rivet - Metrist (Kontra-Musik)
Recondite - Stomper (Midnight Shift)
Vereker - Rosite (L.I.E.S.)
Convextion - Verna (Delsin)
Redshape - Made of Steel (Plonk)
Luma - John Broadwood (Optimo Trax)
Matthias Zimmermann - Paul (Sound Pellegrino)
CXX - The Comfort of Strangers (This Ain't Chicago)
Delroy Edwards - 4 Club Use Only (L.I.E.S.)
Laszlo Dancehall - Fatty Que (ManMakeMusic)
The Mole - Lockdown Party (DJ Sprinkles Crossfaderama Remix) (Perlon)

Shaneus

Haha, sorry! I figured you were going anyway, so I didn't want to force feed you my opinion on him. My buddy and I have talked about the matter a bit. Danny does care, apparently, but he just doesn't always put in the same amount of effort for every gig. Some gigs he'll do strictly vinyl, but most gigs these days he just uses Traktor and a mixer. It varies greatly depending on where he's playing and how full his schedule is, unfortunately it seems like he just phoned it in for you guys. He must still love it, though, to keep touring as much as he does, because he's on the road a ton.
Don't be sorry, I was just fairly passionate(/hammered ;) ) when I wrote that post. Surprised it was so goddamn legible!

On the plus side, the two locals who bookended the gig were great (Phil K and Peter MacNamara are very much Melbourne legends), not to mention that while I missed out on Crazy P, I did manage to catch DJ T at another venue :D

injurai

Banned
I still see "fuck skrillex" comments on all the old classic dubstep tracks. He seriously was the worst poster child for the genre when it went big, can't believe the backlash is still going on though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hey okno what's the name of the track that starts at around 51 minutes on your Fruit Preservative New Year Mix? That piano riff is too sexy.

Anywho, wanted to share a mix with you guys. I'm focusing a ton on my "career" right now, so sharing these things helps me keep motivated to keep trying. Some things have fallen through recently, but I have some things, hopefully, lined up in the future. This one's a pretty neat mix, if I do say so myself. Hope you guys enjoy!

Nice mix! that Laszlo tune is sick, I was pretty much clapping along in my office haha

Shaneus

I would have gone to Tenaglia as well though, legend!
But I read he disappointed ?
Yup. Boring, chuggy set that never really went anywhere. From what I could tell, started his set at the same tempo/vibe as he started it. And was at during various times of the night.

miksushag

After hearing their stuff in a couple mixes posted here over the last several months, I'm getting around to checking out Mumdance + Logos tonight. Pretty rad, definitely falls in line with the Nguzunguzu vibe that I'm into lately. Gotta give Logos' Cold Mission a shot now that I know who he is...

"Legion" // "Wut It Do" // "Drum Boss"

Also, the Amon Tobin remix used in this guy's demo reel is pretty swank.

'Cold Mission' LP is insane stuff. Loving the whole new-grime wave.

Nyx

Yup. Boring, chuggy set that never really went anywhere. From what I could tell, started his set at the same tempo/vibe as he started it. And was at during various times of the night.

That's a shame, I still listen to his marathon sets from the late 90s/early 00s from time to time.

Top Bottom