• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

yo, recommend me a controller for some tables!!!

A controller or a mixer? What's your budget? There are a handful of digital controllers out there with phono line in/out, but I'm not sure on which is better. The S2 is great if you just want a CDJ-like setup, the S4 will afford you more options and can work as a standalone mixer for tables. This guide might be of some assistance, as they do a review of practically every controller and CDJ ever made, and will give you a good idea on prices and whatnot. The comments at the bottom are also quite helpful.

Thanks for tuning in, thezerofire. That was fun! 3.5 hours, it's been a long time since I've gone that long and it felt great. If anyone wants to peep it, it is here.

miksushag

Has anyone used a Novation Twitch? I remember seeing someone jamming on it at NAMM when it came out but never got a chance to play around on it.

wow I love this song

Me too bro. Duke used to produce for pop artists, so he has a developed ear for this kind of stuff. Major key song without sounding cheesy is a hard one to pull off.

injurai

Banned
A controller or a mixer? What's your budget? There are a handful of digital controllers out there with phono line in/out, but I'm not sure on which is better. The S2 is great if you just want a CDJ-like setup, the S4 will afford you more options and can work as a standalone mixer for tables. This guide might be of some assistance, as they do a review of practically every controller and CDJ ever made, and will give you a good idea on prices and whatnot. The comments at the bottom are also quite helpful.

ooof I meant mixer...

I probably will just need a 2 channel one, though my friend was saying I might want to consider a 3 channel.

From my limited understanding anf picking the brains fo DJ friends, Mixers are about the "build quality" and "feel" Like I literlly asked what makes this £50 mixer not as good as this £200 with the same Eqs and all that.
They all said how it "feels" and the smoothness of the buttons and sliders.

That seemed abit much to me when I picked up a 3 channel mixer for £40 off ebay but I guess with anything you get what you pay for. Alot of the use an Xone 22 I think its called? its about £250.

Shaneus

October

I have it if you want it, Shaneus.
Might have to grab it from you. I didn't check dates, just saw it posted on FB so thought I'd pass it along :)

Any good?

From my limited understanding anf picking the brains fo DJ friends, Mixers are about the "build quality" and "feel" Like I literlly asked what makes this £50 mixer not as good as this £200 with the same Eqs and all that.
They all said how it "feels" and the smoothness of the buttons and sliders.

That seemed abit much to me when I picked up a 3 channel mixer for £40 off ebay but I guess with anything you get what you pay for. Alot of the use an Xone 22 I think its called? its about £250.
There's feel but there's also features (effects) and the actual sound as well. For club use I think it comes down to "feel", but for home, sound can also be a contributing factor. I noticed a pretty big difference in going from my Numark DXM06 (I think?) to the Ecler, just sounded a lot smoother and warmer, I guess.

But you won't find a shit sounding mixer with solid controls, so maybe it's easier to just say that a good "feeling" one is easier to get. Still stoked with mine though. Chunky controls and faders that are smooth as butter:
SUfM1QLl.jpg

Dreaver

lush

Lone is so effing good.

Just Blaze & Sinjin Hawke - One // !!!!!!!

James Blake - 40455
Unknown - Don't Stop (Ripped from Joy O & Boddika/Rinse.fm/Hessle Audio/16-01-14
Pezzner & Amina - Exit (Scuba Remix)
A1 Bassline - Salmon EP (Half of Laszlo Dancehall)

I love this tune so much. My summer jam of 2014.

Speaking about summer jams, I'm looking for some more summery house tunes. For example:
Boys Noize - Starwin
Duke Dumont - Need U 100% (Skreamix)
Blonde - It's You

I'm especially a fan of steel drums and the 80s vibe like the It's You and Need U 100% songs. Any more recommendations?

Could see this one getting big this summer even though it's older(just got a video and officially releases later this month):

Chris Malinchak - If U Got It

Shaneus

I love this tune so much. My summer jam of 2014.

Speaking about summer jams, I'm looking for some more summery house tunes. For example:
Boys Noize - Starwin
Duke Dumont - Need U 100% (Skreamix)
Blonde - It's You

I'm especially a fan of steel drums and the 80s vibe like the It's You and Need U 100% songs. Any more recommendations?
You've just hit the jackpot, because it's summer here :) No idea if it's summer where you are, but I know for the majority of people in this thread, it's snowing right now!

Anyway, some stuff that comes to mind when I think "summer", not necessarily new:
Leonid Rudenko - Summerfish (Scandall Sunset on Ibiza mix)
Treasure Fingers - Cross the Dancefloor (Lifelike remix)
Mr Vasovski - Irresistable (Drop Out Orchestra remix)
(on that note, anything by Drop Out Orchestra)
Lissat & Voltax - Groovejet
Labtracks - It's Not Over
Leftside Wobble - Grapevine Boogie

Sorry if that's not what you're looking for, but when I hear someone's looking for "summer" tracks, I tend to go off on my own little tangent ;)

injurai

Banned
Yeah, I think I have a lot more leeway when it comes to picking out a mixer. Hmm I'm probably going to need to buy some decent cartridges too, maybe a new sound card...

Dreaver

You've just hit the jackpot, because it's summer here :) No idea if it's summer where you are, but I know for the majority of people in this thread, it's snowing right now!

Anyway, some stuff that comes to mind when I think "summer", not necessarily new:
Leonid Rudenko - Summerfish (Scandall Sunset on Ibiza mix)
Treasure Fingers - Cross the Dancefloor (Lifelike remix)
Mr Vasovski - Irresistable (Drop Out Orchestra remix)
(on that note, anything by Drop Out Orchestra)
Lissat & Voltax - Groovejet
Labtracks - It's Not Over
Leftside Wobble - Grapevine Boogie

Sorry if that's not what you're looking for, but when I hear someone's looking for "summer" tracks, I tend to go off on my own little tangent ;)
Honestly it was not really what I meant, but I'm really liking the songs, especially the Labtracks and Leonid tracks. This is very welcome as well. Thanks!

Dreaver, check out Eton Messy channel in youtube!

I'm aware of it, thanks though.

Servbot24

Banned
What albums you guys looking forward to this year? Already heard Actress, curious about Flying Lotus even though he's been slipping. Really looking forward to Efdemin, Lucy and Shackleton. Hoping for Bruno Pronsato and Robag Wruhme. Other than that I can't really think of anything.

okno

What albums you guys looking forward to this year? Already heard Actress, curious about Flying Lotus even though he's been slipping. Really looking forward to Efdemin, Lucy and Shackleton. Hoping for Bruno Pronsato and Robag Wruhme. Other than that I can't really think of anything.

Efdemin, Legowelt and Francis Harris are the three I'm most excited for right now, as far as LPs. Shackleton is my top EP. Labels are being oddly quiet about their releases this year, at least so far. I'd love a new Robag! Hoping to be surprised a lot this year.

Servbot24

Banned
Pretty much every year at least half my top crop of albums are by new-to-me artists, so I don't really worry if I can't think of many to anticipate.

injurai

Banned
Music is like the one thing I don't keep track of releases. The information finds me eventually, I'd rather spend my time delving into a historical backlog of artists.

That said I'm excited for The Glitch Mob. Drink the Sea was pretty incredible, though I'm not sure I'm into the scene they associate with.

Although I have more than a few artists that are over due for a new album that I'm hoping drop this year.

gdt

Most likely a Scuba album, or at least EP this year. Maybe both.

He's mentioned wrapping the new album on twitter.

gdt

i imagine i will listen to that and then instantly forget it exists as usual

:eek:

I still listen to Personality and Adrenalin all the time.

And Blawan hasssssss to put out something this year right? Right? Who knows what he sounds like these days its been so long.

Dreaver

Guys! I need a quick answer.. There seems to be some "huge" sale at the biggest dj gear reseller here which is about to end. Including the Electrix Tweaker MIDI Performance Controll. It's 'only' 160 euro (instead of 560 euro officially, but other sites sell it for 350-400, though it's $260 on ebay). I could add it to my setup next to me regular controller. Worth the huge discount? Yay or nay?

Electrix Tweaker MIDI Perforemance

miksushag

Guys! I need a quick answer.. There seems to be some "huge" sale at the biggest dj gear reseller here which is about to end. Including the Electrix Tweaker MIDI Performance Controll. It's 'only' 160 euro (instead of 560 euro officially, but other sites sell it for 350-400, though it's $260 on ebay). I could add it to my setup next to me regular controller. Worth the huge discount? Yay or nay?

Electrix Tweaker MIDI Perforemance

Hmm. Looks a little bit more suitable for live stuff, meaning stuff like akai APC40 and Novation Launchpad. Looks also a bit toylike, those faders seem a bit jiggy.

Hahaha went to a friends party last night and he wanted me and my mate to play music and that. About 3am I went onto to play again and this time hit record, its pretty fucking funny listening back to how bad it is, trying to do it properly when drunk as hell does not work.

Shaneus

When I used to come home half cut after a big night, I was always surprised at how *good* my mixes sounded. At least at the start. You could tell by the second last track every time that I was just "Fuck it, I'm over it".

When I used to come home half cut after a big night, I was always surprised at how *good* my mixes sounded. At least at the start. You could tell by the second last track every time that I was just "Fuck it, I'm over it".

Well thats the thing, at the time it sounded sick but when you listen back to it in the cold hard light of day its not so much. One mix out of every 6 sounded ok haha

Top Bottom