• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

RA is great for news and upcoming shows, but that's it. Their reviews are, generally, horrible, and rarely incite any good discussion or do anything beyond giving a short little blurb about each track on the album/ep/single. A vast majority of their reviews are just a distillation of the press material that comes with each release, and when they DO actually write a review 90% of it spent covering something that has little, if anything, to do with the release. They do, however, write excellent features that cover a wide range of topics from music production to individual artist spotlights to critiques of the industry as a whole.

Their problem is that they try to appeal to the hardcore as well as the "hardcore," the folks who follow the mainstream of the underground, and it becomes a bit of a mess as the two collide. I suppose that isn't really their problem so much as it is just a weird unifying of the two sides, but they don't do a good job of monitoring it.

bowery

no one cares about the huh what ep???!!! its so good, very nice start to the year

also kode9 tracklist does indeed look very fun

edit: awe - crystals is so good

Shaneus

Resident Advisor, in a run to make people care even less about them, has suddenly launched a redesigned website that does nothing but infuriate the fuck out of the user. I wish web designers would stop getting lazy with the mobile-friendly thing.

That said, Kode9 is the new podcast.
The baby-vomit green is ghastly. Layout is so obviously mobile-friendly that it looks like it's been jumbled together like a game of 52-card pickup.

Best way to find out about new music these days is to follow people you respect on Soundcloud. If they come across something good, they'll share it.

and this thread, of course :)

daviyoung

Banned
Awesome rave days techno mix

https://soundcloud.com/kevdaw/kev-d-neckbreaker-vinyl-3

Digital Domain - I Need Relief
Son'z Of a Loop Da Loop era - Far Out
Luvdup - Goodtime - E-Lustrious mix
Shades of Rhythm - Chicken Flied Lice - Jeremey Healy remix
Rollin Gear - I've Got It
Jaimy & Kenny D - Keep On Touchin Me - Erick Morillo Re-edit
Sourmash - Pilgrimage To Paradise - Timo Maas mix
Bryan Zentz - D-Clash
Snap Mode - Radium Files Ep
Gil - Stringsign
Surgeon - La Real
Killa Productions - Feelin Acid
Naked Ape - Who's Getiin It? - Tomorrow's mix
The Prodigy - Skylined

Shaneus

Oh god, Lane 8. Was it you who posted links to them here a few months back? Gotta give you props for that, always enjoy it when they come up on shuffle :)

thabiz

a0536259342_2.jpg

Dial Down

gdt

I know I'm late but god damn the last Behling and Simpson ep is amazing. Is the rest of their stuff this good?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I know I'm late but god damn the last Behling and Simpson ep is amazing. Is the rest of their stuff this good?

Their first couple of releases were more routine-sounding, but certainly not bad in any respect. Since then, though, it's all killer. Vaults EP, Closer EP, Black Jukebox, Ciara edits :bow: :bow:

BeeDog

Any good albums so far this year? i've only heard Actress.

Any specific genres? I believe there are already a couple of fantastic pieces released:

Umba - DIM LP (mixed, IDM/techno)
STL - At Disconnected Moments (dub techno, FANTASTIC)
Mast - Omni (instrumental hip/glitch-hop)
Feadz - Instant Alpha (electro/house/trap)

Servbot24

Banned
Any specific genres? I believe there are already a couple of fantastic pieces released:

Umba - DIM LP (mixed, IDM/techno)
STL - At Disconnected Moments (dub techno, FANTASTIC)
Mast - Omni (instrumental hip/glitch-hop)
Feadz - Instant Alpha (electro/house/trap)

Anything relevant to this thread. I'll give those a try.

Shaneus

That makes sense! I think I need to splurge on Idea stuff, but no idea if that'll help. My decks/mixer/speakers sit on an 8x2 cube thing not unlike yours (but not Ikea) but it still doesn't help. I have two 1/3 filled with vinyl (despite not having a turntable to use them on) and the rest is purely random crap.

So yeah, Ikea would help, but what would help even further is if I wasn't such a disorganised bastard in the first place ;)

Top Bottom