• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Dreaver

This is pretty cool: Minilogue: Studio Jam Session

Hmm. Looks a little bit more suitable for live stuff, meaning stuff like akai APC40 and Novation Launchpad. Looks also a bit toylike, those faders seem a bit jiggy.

I totally forgot to reply, thanks. I did not purchase it after all.

Time is great if the mood is right, but it's a little played out and if you hear it while out, you kinda quickly realise that it gets boring fast.

This is a little better, though:
The MFA - The Difference it Makes (Superpitcher remix)

and just about my favourite all-time epic track in that sort of vein:
Dusty Kid - America
(imo smokes Time :) )

Wow I'm really liking the MFA track, the other one is pretty neat as well. I love these more ambient-ish tracks. Do you have more similar tracks or artists?

Shaneus

Wow I'm really liking the MFA track, the other one is pretty neat as well. I love these more ambient-ish tracks. Do you have more similar tracks or artists?
Hint: Superpitcher is one-half of Pachanga Boys ;)

As for other tracks... um... probably not *exactly* in the same vein, but close enough in that they're ambient-ish (either more or less so) and long:
Chicane - Offshore '97 (A Man Called Adam remix)
Most definitely my favourite ambient/chill (or whatever) track. I can't help but float when listening to it :) Most of the time I don't even realise when it's looped around 5 or 6 times. J'adore <3

Orbital - Belfast
Most of the time, prefer this to Halcyon as it's a bit more sombre and emotional IMO. Depends on what mood I'm in.

Underworld - Jumbo
Bit boppier than the other stuff, but still a great, cruisy track. Believe it or not, probably my favourite Underworld song.

Underworld - Jumbo (Future Shock World's Apart remix)
Floatier-but-still-not-quite-as-ambient-as-the-other-songs remix, nice usage of strings as well.

Groove Armada - At the River
Less ambient and more chillout, I guess. Enjoy :)

Klangkarussel - Sonnentanz
I don't think this fits in with the genre at all, but for some reason when I think ambient I think "summer", and this track makes me think of summer as well. So give it a crack?

gdt

One of the next three releases on Hotflush is by Scuba himself. He just put out a two track EP as SCB, so it's either another single....or hopefully an EP. Please god let it be an EP. The next release is a single by The White Lamp who i don't know so it'll be one of the two after that.

Excited to check out The White Lamp though.

bowery

mixmag in session: paul woolford

kahn and neek bbc mix

&#8226; Enemy - Kelela
&#8226; I Violate - Dot Rotten
&#8226; No Long Talk - Lemzly Dale
&#8226; Xtra (OH91 rethink) - Ruff Sqwad
&#8226; Bang Clap - Impey
&#8226; The Search (Kahn & Neek remix) - Plastician
&#8226; Teflon - Hi5Ghost
&#8226; Since When VIP - Boofy
&#8226; Untitled (Kahn & Neek remix) - Oatz
&#8226; Kung Fu Kick (Kahn & Neek's happyslap remix) - Hi5Ghost
&#8226; Promises (DS1 Bassline mix) - Darkus Beat Company
&#8226; Southside Warriors (Gundam remix) - Alias
&#8226; Percy (Maxx Baer remix) - Kahn & Neek

Kvik

If memory serves, the original mix is one of the track from James Holden's Balance mix (005). I prefer the original myself though. Still, awesome track.

This morning I unearthed this gem from my Soundcloud playlist:

Sasha - Live @ the Zen Afterparty (Labor Day at Mark Hunt's) [1996] Orlando, FL

Mixing is a bit spotty but since it's an afterparty set and he's probably all smashed to kingdom come... some choice tunes are in there though. Highly recommended for older progressive fans.

miksushag

If memory serves, the original mix is one of the track from James Holden's Balance mix (005). I prefer the original myself though. Still, awesome track.

This morning I unearthed this gem from my Soundcloud playlist:

Sasha - Live @ the Zen Afterparty (Labor Day at Mark Hunt's) [1996] Orlando, FL

Mixing is a bit spotty but since it's an afterparty set and he's probably all smashed to kingdom come... some choice tunes are in there though. Highly recommended for older progressive fans.

Yussss. I used to collect and listen older progressive & trance most of my youth. That tracklist is a bomb, everyone check it!

Nyx

Awakenings Festival 2014 lineup:

(it's 2 days instead of just 1 this year)

1016557_10152157883959153_1051613996_n.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know who James Dutton is but this is a really great mix:

James Dutton - What Happens Podcast Jan 2014

Track list

1. Rodriguez Jr. - Bittersweet (Original Mix) - Mobilee
2. James Dutton - Kahlua (Original Mix) - What Happens
3. Riva Starr, Horace Andy - DubLife (Alexkid Dub Mix)
4. Qbeck - Eureka (Mihai Popoviciu Remix)
5. Anek - Come Out To Play (Sante Remix) - VIVa MUSiC
6. Ray Okpara - Midnight_Protein (Original Mix) - Mobilee
7. Michelle Owen, Kruse & Nuernberg feat. Isis Salam - We Find Deep (Original Mix) - Rejected
8. Soulgroove - Pressure (Original Mix)
9. Hollen - Belly Dull (Mihai Popoviciu Remix)
10. Ramiro Lopez, Darlyn Vlys - Django (Original Mix)
11. Cristoph - Shelter (Original Mix)
12. Distortion Inc. - Autumn Saturday (MDR Remix) - Deepwit Records

Shaneus

Just enter the url here and it will download for you :

http://offliberty.com/
Yeah, but that's just a SC rip, though. I want something better than 128kbps :(

Edit: There's an insane track in that mix at around 17:00, called "Ptaki - Krystyna". Problem is, I can't find it anywhere to buy. Anyone know where I could get a hold of it? When sped up (like in that Move D mix), it has a solid LNTG vibe... but is Polish.

miksushag

Top Bottom