• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

Do you guys know the feeling that you don't have a lot of friends that are into electronic music? I have more than enough friends in general, but I'm always disappointed that the majority aren't into electronic music. Most of the time I can find a few friends that are willing to join, but I'm a little bit disappointed most don't like it.

Most of them would rather sit at the bar all the time, which I also enjoy but occasionally.

/semi-rant

That's my life! I have one friend who is *kind of* into electronic music, but she just prefers the more accessible stuff like Duke Dumont and whatnot. I have no friends who I can talk proper house or techno with, and it makes going out pretty annoying. The most annoying thing is, being gay, all of my friends only ever want to frequent popular gay bars/clubs. It is incredibly difficult to pretend to enjoy dancing to the latest Britney/Rihanna boombaton mashup. Most of the time I end up leaving by myself and going elsewhere for a bit. I meet great people every time I go to a club night, but by the time they sober up they stop talking.

Meh.

Speaking of, I recorded something for some friends (the two garage ones I mentioned)
Heres the .mp3 if anyones interested. Bit ropey but hey its for playing in the background of a party.
Garage-thing
Need to stop trying to mix garage like its house music..

Edit: If I ever make it to NYC Id be down for going to some nights okno! I keep saying this year but then its on the list with Barcelona, Croatia and many Euro fesitvals haha

CoolOff

Man, that Soul Burner.

I need to do the Croatia triple-week some year when I don't have a school-semester that starts just then. Dimensions -> Outlook -> Unknown. I said damn.

Dreaver

At least this thread exists to talk about good music. <3

It used to be me and two others but for the last 3 years it expanded massively as I met up with some people on another music forum I go on and we've all become great friends.
Been to some sick partys and countrys because of it.
Infact we are right at the moment planning to go to Sub Fms 10th anniversary in Amsterdam in May.

My gf and her sister arnt much into "my" stuff but they come to the nights and have fun, a few others are well into their garage and more pop-house.
Ha cool! Amsterdam is a great city to visit. I work and study there, so I'm In Amsterdam about 5 days in the week.

Man, that Soul Burner.

I need to do the Croatia triple-week some year when I don't have a school-semester that starts just then. Dimensions -> Outlook -> Unknown. I said damn.

You may or may not come back from that. I did Dimensions but a friend did outlook>dimensions and looked ready to drop by the end haha

@Dreaver: Yeah Ive been once before a few years ago! this time its all party compared to last which was all culture! When I get some more concrete info on line ups ill post it, you should come by!

okno

Speaking of, I recorded something for some friends (the two garage ones I mentioned)
Heres the .mp3 if anyones interested. Bit ropey but hey its for playing in the background of a party.
Garage-thing
Need to stop trying to mix garage like its house music..

Edit: If I ever make it to NYC Id be down for going to some nights okno! I keep saying this year but then its on the list with Barcelona, Croatia and many Euro fesitvals haha

Will give this a listen on my commute!

And like-wise. I've been meaning to jump over the pond, see what you Londoners are all about. Last time I was there I was 12, I think, so I think it's time for a return visit.

Yeah man, whenever you do find the time I will be sure to show you around!

Set your expectations to super low, like Silence is 0 this is about a 1 1/2 on the good scale

miksushag

Made a mixtape to promote a new music blog / club night. The urls in the description are both works in progress =)

https://soundcloud.com/miksuswag/miksuswag-tampere-hotline/s-1nSFU

Street Fighter II - Guile's Theme
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Your Sunset
Jay Dee - Won't Do
The Underachievers - The Mahdi
Fintelligens - Stockholm-Helsinki (Instrumental)
Slum Village - Climax
Lorn - Sega Sunset
Nujabes - Another Reflection
Cheek - Liian Viilee
Onra - Intro
Pomo - Work It Out
Tyrone Brunson - The Smurf
Five Star - Whenever You're Ready
Panda - We Breathe
Rushmore - Couture
Attitude - Love Me Tonight
Lockah - If Loving U Is Wrong
Pearson Sound - Starburst
Rushmore - Couture
Chrome Sparks - Send The Pain On
Disclosure - Apollo
Linkwood - Secret Value
Yung Lean - Kyoto
Lxury - J.A.W.S
Black Atlass feat. XXX - Burning Man

bowery

george fitz residency new one

1. Leon Vynehall - Inside The Deku Tree
2. Moderat - Bad Kingdom (Head High Remix)
3. My Favorite Robot - The Waiting Rain (Mano Le Tough remix)
4. Love & Mercy - Rainfall (Quarion remix)
5. Soulphiction - Mind Body
6. Ghost Culture - Half Open
7. Baikal - Why Don't Ya (Ripperton remix Dixon Edit)
8. Laszlo Dancehall - Plimpton (George FitzGerald)
9. HNNY - Exactly
10. Graze - MWeapon
11. The Organ Grinder - Spanner In The Works (Alden Tyrell & Gerd remix)
12. ESS - Come
13. Ame - Den Ratta
14. Morgan Geist - Detroit (C2rmx1)
15. John Osborn & Tallmen785 - Meldrum
16. Colo - The View From Nowhere
17. Kelis - Jerk Ribs (Mount Kimbie Remix)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys know the feeling that you don't have a lot of friends that are into electronic music? I have more than enough friends in general, but I'm always disappointed that the majority aren't into electronic music. Most of the time I can find a few friends that are willing to join, but I'm a little bit disappointed most don't like it.

Most of them would rather sit at the bar all the time, which I also enjoy but occasionally.

/semi-rant

Yeah I definitely do not have this problem. The majority of my friends are into electronic music, and my problem is having to turn down invitations to go to shows since I get invited to at least one every week. Not a bad problem to have really.

gdt

Most of my friends like house and trap/stuff with hip hopish beats when I play it in the car. Main response is "where are the words?" Depending on the track of course

Ughhhhhh

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hey guys. So I hate barging into a community thread like this, but I've been in love with this track for a while now and wanted to post it here:

Taishi - The Survivor

I'm not even sure what (sub)genre it'd fall into, or if it'd even be to the tastes of a lot of the thread, but I just wanted to share it.

miksushag

Could someone elaborate to me what this whole Community thing is and how it differs from just having a thread that people contribute in?

Dreaver

Could someone elaborate to me what this whole Community thing is and how it differs from just having a thread that people contribute in?
Well, I believe threads that start becoming a little sub community get moved to the community selection. Normal off-topic is more for news in threads in general that die (most of the time) pretty quickly.

Donos

/semi-rant

Pfff, that's nothing compared to Drum and Bass. That's more niche. Electronic music is rather common in Berlin so a lot of people i know like to dance to it but dnb? Hell no. 3 of 4 times i have to go alone. I don't mind since i wanna see the DJs and are not really a talker in clubs and only dance all the time but still. Hell, i'm even talking to myself in the GAF DNB topic :)

injurai

Banned
Some good tunes last night. My wifi went on the fritz last night so I had to drop out, sorry.

Np, we had a good run.

Pfff, that's nothing compared to Drum and Bass. That's more niche. Electronic music is rather common in Berlin so a lot of people i know like to dance to it but dnb? Hell no. 3 of 4 times i have to go alone. I don't mind since i wanna see the DJs and are not really a talker in clubs and only dance all the time but still. Hell, i'm even talking to myself in the GAF DNB topic :)

Luckily my close music friend is all about that niche dnb. I've been considering launching a dnb/breakbeat broken rhythm thread for over two years now but I'm not sure I could stand a thread that could potentially welcome a bunch of cheesy dnb which seems to be most people's exposure anymore.

injurai

Banned
Efenkei - Sexual

rejoice.png

bowery

new supreme cuts mix v similar to the nguzunguzu mix earlier, rnb lullaby tunes

Janet Jackson – "Together Again"
INOJ – "Time After Time"
Nelly Furtado – "Nite Is Young" (Ms. Terry Version)
Tinashe - "1 For Me"
Madonna - "Shanti / Ashtangi"
6 Day of August – "Vinovata Li Ya" (feat Nadezhda Kadysheva)
Gangsta Boo – "I Thought U Knew" (feat Crunchy Black)
Sade – "Cherish The Day"
Tink – "At Night"
Cher – "Believe" (Acapella) // "Tila Speaks"
*Bonus*
Mariah Carey – "Honey" (Supreme Cuts Edit)

fun lil pop-y edm-y lxury remix of hot natured

collige

Banned

Hey, try being a grime fan in the US. The odds of meeting anyone that's even heard of it are slim to none.

Kozak

Banned
Didn't know this thread existed.

I'll use my first post to show some love to my current favourite DJ!

Timmy Trumpet - Bleed
Timmy Trumpet - Melbournia

So good. I don't know how you guys feel about Melbourne Bounce, but I fucken love it. Its hit at such a good time for me as well. Makes my Media degree that much more awesome <3

I was also lucky enough to catch Avicii's true tour in Sydney!

Does anyone know what this song is called:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151964372093823&set=vb.663708822&type=2&theater

Haven't been able to figure it out, was too wrecked at that point.

Top Bottom