• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Dreaver

Received my Traktor S2 Mk2 yesterday. Holy shit, so much quality compared to the Numark Mixtrack Pro. Really happy with the controller. Knobs and sliders are so much better. Much more control over mixing. :)

gdt

I wanna show out HNNY's recent tracks, which have been fire.

First, No which is definitely on my short list (already!) for song of 2014. When that sample drops it will blow you away.

Similarly, Exactly. It took me a lil to figure out where the sample was from, but then I got it and giggle to myself. Hopefully more house dudes start sampling late 90's/early 00's pop haha.

OMG how come no one told me about the new Jacques Green EP, coming April 28th.

Called Phantom Vibrate.

Teaser

Comes out on my bday, sweet.
He's also playing at U St Music Hall on April 19th.

I might of asked this already, but any of you guys in the DC area, or occasionally come by for anything worthwhile like shows?

There's quite a bit of good shows coming up, and a bit of them are free before 11pm or 12am at U St Music Hall (Jacques Greene, Tensnake, Julio Bashmore), and unfortunately most of my friends aren't really into anything I am or have enough curiosity, while the few that are have a lot of conflicting schedules.

For example: I can't find anyone who's avail and wanting to go see Eric Hilton of Thievery Corp tonight. For Free.

DJ88

I need your help guys.

I'm about to submit an entry to a DJ competition online, I even upgraded my gear specifically to make the best mix I could for this thing. Over the week I've narrowed it down to two mixes, but fuck it's impossible to pick one out of those two. I need some fresh ears, feedback would be a huge help! They're mainly Techno and aren't long since the rules ask for mixes under 20 min.

EDIT: I chose a mix, here's a link to my entry. Listen and vote please!

https://apps.facebook.com/burnresidency/dj-profile/5147

CoolOff

I wanna show out HNNY's recent tracks, which have been fire.

First, No which is definitely on my short list (already!) for song of 2014. When that sample drops it will blow you away.

Similarly, Exactly. It took me a lil to figure out where the sample was from, but then I got it and giggle to myself. Hopefully more house dudes start sampling late 90's/early 00's pop haha.

I loved the one with the Beyoncé-sample.

Edit: That you posted in a later post. :D So heavy.

man Maurice Fulton and Todd Terje last night as so much fun, Ive not been to something that isnt a dubstep night in months and months and yeah it was just crazy good fun.
We had to leave after todd terje an miss bicep though as me and my gf were done in by 4am.

Also shanues youll be happy to know that Inspector norse was "sung" by the crowd again but it was stupid fun, people on peoples shoulders, cheering and shit. Loved it.

SJRB

Gold Member
I need your help guys.

I'm about to submit an entry to a DJ competition online, I even upgraded my gear specifically to make the best mix I could for this thing. Over the week I've narrowed it down to two mixes, but fuck it's impossible to pick one out of those two. I need some fresh ears, feedback would be a huge help! They're mainly Techno and aren't long since the rules ask for mixes under 20 min.

Mix #1
https://soundcloud.com/dj88miami/entry-1

Mix #2
https://soundcloud.com/dj88miami/entry-2

I'm listening now. What gear did you get?

Servbot24

Banned
Zomby is a bitch. Don't even need to see his twitter to know that either, his shitty music says plenty.

Bout to listen to dis new Efdemin doe.

DJ88

I'm listening now. What gear did you get?

I got the XDJ R1

XDJ-R1_larger.jpg

Used to have just a very basic mixer, a CDJ and a couple Technics. CDJ is out, this is in so now I have 2 vinyl decks, 2 CD decks, USB input, effects. It's been a blast to mix on.

Shaneus

Saw Prydz live tonight. I was shocked with how good he was. I've never heard a prog "banger" set I've enjoyed, mostly because it winds up becoming contrived and boring. But for 3 hours, he smashed the fucking thing out of the park.

gdt

New How To Dress Well track is an absolute stunner.

Words I Don't Remember

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. The new album should be sick.

I saw him live a month after Total Loss came and he was stunning. He was incredibly on point. Amazing live show. And he was super nice when I chatted with him a bit in the crowd. Walked around and was taking pictures and talking with fans.

gdt

There's something about JG that I cant quite describe, and he nails this on like every track he puts out. This kind of RnB house rhythm thats beautiful and emotional...and haunting. He uses it make all his songs and they are all unique but a similar vibe going through all of it. I love JG. His music is wonderful.

Bought this lot yesterday on vinyl.. now I need to buy more so I can not just play 8 diffrent Terje tracks lol. Any help on that front would be much appreciated..

OLS0026 Lanzarote / (Acapella) / (Diskjokke Remix) / (Krokstapella)
OLS0036 Strandbar EP
OLS0046 Spiral / Q
OPCMUNLTD11 High Pressure Days (Todd Terje Remix) / Warm Moving Bodies (I-Robots Remix) / Zombo (I-Robots Rework)
STS21912 In The Arps EP 1
TTJ733 TTJ#733 - TODD TERJE Re-Edits
TTJ899 TTJ#889 - (Todd Terje Re-Edits)

miksushag

my latest 12" order:
the african dream - makin' a living ep
thomas bangalter - trax on da rocks
bok bok & tom trago - pussy trak
dizzee rascal / wen - strings hoe
fort romeau - stay/true
four tet/terror danjah - killer
hnny - sneeze
krystal klear - squad
nys finest - do you feel me (the gerd nokicks version)

^ Ah I got that wen one a few weeks back, I still have like 6 dubstep bits sitting in redeyes reserve bit for me that I need to send.

Problem I had atleast today going to a bunch of record shops, was that id flick through the disco/nu disco bits and be like "well what the hell is this?"
No clue on what record labels are worth considering and so on! I mean dubstep if you see a Medi record, bar like one or two you are going to get a tune but with this genre god only knows where to start!

I spotted one in an exchange shop with an Aeroplane remix and it was down for £50! wut! I cant even find it on his discogs to listen to it but I did find a few of his waaay older tracks that sound nice and there pretty cheap.

miksushag

Official Jam City
EARTHLY II
---------
1.Perotin - Viderunt Omnes
2.Divoli S'vere - Blow Ya Smoke (Qween Beat Super High Remix)
3.Traxamillion - Gas Skrape
4.JD - Frequency '94
5.Barboza - Negro Politicien / Nicki edit
6.Sleigh Bells - Young Legends (Jam City Remix)
7.NA - Ashanti Ton
8.Guru - Al Qaeda (SFTB ton blend)
9.Neana - BowKat
10.Dj Mujava - Alostro
11.Jam City - Worst VIP
12.False Witness - Balazo
13.Divoli S'vere - BQ Walk x Lighter Skanker x Float
14.Divoli S'vere - Couldn't get bak 4 more
15.Guru - Amen (edit)
16.A-nti-G - Bubbling Cause Trouble
17.Jam City - 500 Years (Georgia Girls bootleg)
18.Kate Bush - This Woman's Work
19.K Duecez ft Asia Cruise - Selfish Club Remix
20.Innke - 21 Questions bootleg
21.Neana & Al Fatale - 42 Dunjunz
22.DJ Marsta - Hollow
23.Kay Drizz - Bang
24.Converge - Disintegration
25.MikeQ x Sliink x XTC - Misty Cold Bitch (MA Blend)
26.Rebound X - Show Love

This is pretty cool, wasnt expecting to hear a thing to be honest :)
Todd Terje
15:53 (26 minutes ago)

to me
Hi Johnlenham

thanks for your email, glad to hear I could convert you :) It was indeed a great night.

Lots of good stuff on Permanent Vacation label, Running Back and even Full Pupp :)

cheers,
Terje

bowery

^ nice

Also don't know if it was mentioned here but the neana boiler room is absolutely insane...it could get a dead guy moving

Cool that he replied! What did you send to him? Still need to see him live one day.

I just said how I went to the live show and thought it was great and that I on a whim/hungover went on chemical and bought all the records of his I could haha

Ive wanted Norse/Strandbar for awhile and just thought fuck it, its summer, the weathers going to be nice soon and this is nice dance music to play at partys. So I said how his stuff is my first foray into "disco/nu disco" and if he had any recommendations for labels that would be great.

One bonus is loads of stuff is cheap on discogs. Hopefully getting this lot for £25 haha

Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - The Message (12")
Crusaders* - Street Life (12", Ltd, Blu)
D Train* - Music (12")
Diana Ross - Upside Down (12")
Valentine Brothers, The - Money's Too Tight (To Mention) (12")
Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night) (12")
Antena - Camino Del Sol (Joakim & Todd Terje Remix) (12")
Aeroplane (4) - Aeroplane / Caramellas (12", EP)
Aeroplane (4) - Pacific Air Race (12")

Top Bottom