• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Divius

das.jpg

Yes.

BeeDog

Damn, the new remixes for the Dog Blood Pt. 2 EP is great, some great names on remix duties:

Dog Blood - Middle Finger Pt. 2 Remixes:

1. Shred Or Die (Sliiink Remix)
2. Chella Ride (Bambounou Remix)
3. Middle Finger 2 (Bok Bok Remix)
4. Middle Finger 2 (Alesia Remix)
5. Shred Or Die (Kevin Saunderson Dub Mix)
6. Middle Finger (S-Type Remix)

The Bambounou remix is beastly. The Alesia remix is also great, like a trappier version of Gesaffelstein until it goes full-on French electro. <3

bowery

Pretty delayed but I'm sure now my aoty was amygdala, could listen to this album endlessly

Also a new 2 hrJacques greene set is up on rinse.fr for download, cheers

okno

Pretty delayed but I'm sure now my aoty was amygdala, could listen to this album endlessly

Also a new 2 hrJacques greene set is up on rinse.fr for download, cheers

LOVED this album. My aoty was absolutely without a doubt Hinterland by Recondite. Francis Harris' 'Minutes to Sleep' is my front runner at the moment.

gdt

Checking out stuff here and there.

Ryan Hemsworth's album, Guilt Trips is great. Shame on whoever called it boring a few weeks back in here! Best and most balanced he's ever been.

Moderat's first album is pretty damn good. I had no expectations I guess, as it's kind of P4K popular if you know what I mean. It's catchy and accessible and some hooks are so damn good.

Huxley - Out Of The Box, good stuff. I hated that Dark Bourbon track but this EP is great. Look forward to checking out more of his stuff.

Legowelt- Teen Romance, this EP is so much phone, and not as cheesy as the other Legowelt EPs I've heard. Great stuff that you could blast in the car.

Digging L-Vis1990 too.

Recondite - Cleric, some one posted that song here awhile back so I've been meaning to check the EP out for awhile and it's amazing. Can't wait to check out the lp mentioned above.

Tiger and Woods - Banana balls, doing LNTG just as good or better....need to here more from them.

Xosar - The Calling, just an amazing piece of poppy house. Love this EP.

bowery

if you dig l-vis 1990 - recommend you listen to the recent l-vis b2b bok bok boiler room set, and after the hysterics and neana sets...good stuff

Shaneus

I'm-a have to check some of those AOTYs out. I didn't investigate too many single-artist albums, so I'm sticking with my pick of Daniel Avery's Drone Logic LP.

Been really into this the last few weeks. I stupidly only bought it on digital and now the vinyls OOS :(

a2066448449_2.jpg

Born in Sidi Bel Abbess, Algeria, now living in Istanbul. El Mahdy Jr. is an audio collagist, who's sonic experiments have grown into a collection of disciplined, well timed musical gestures that confound the expectations of any single genre. Splicing devotional music into a blunted blend of half time bass and mystic sound. Familiar in its bass weight and its global melt, but completely new and enveloping in its fragility and poise.

Bandcamp
I think the alter echo remix is the best though.

Dreaver

GAF, I really want a Traktor S2! I easily have the money at the moment but it's still quite some cash. I always have problems justifying these amounts of cash. Convince me in the next 30 minutes and I'll buy it!

I have a Numark Mixtrack Pro but I simply need someone to convince me, AHHH!!! (and no I'm not going vinyl/cdj)

okno

The S2 is absolutely fine. No frills, solid knobs and faders. I have two issues with it: It will randomly lock up on me (just turning it off and back on fixes it) and the filter is, by default, set to a notched knob making for very iffy filter control. Due to this I have one effect bank permanently set to the filter effect, which actually works better, but it'd be nice to have that bank open.

Top Bottom