• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

bowery

so kelela is on the latest BOOTS track ( the guy who produced the entire last beyonce album ), crazy to go from night slugs to beyonce producer.....awesome world the electronic world is

the new evian christ ep is pretty tight too, and those missingno tracks are great........

I forgot to link it here, but I recorded this last friday, just a mess about really but its all LNTG/Terje/Bicep style stuff.
My gf and a few other people seem to like it so you guys might. Its full of technicals and missed phases but tune wise its good hahaa

Zippy link/ DL

okno

I forgot to link it here, but I recorded this last friday, just a mess about really but its all LNTG/Terje/Bicep style stuff.
My gf and a few other people seem to like it so you guys might. Its full of technicals and missed phases but tune wise its good hahaa

Zippy link/ DL

Always like checking out your mixes. I saw some photos of that party and it looked proper nuts. Jealous!

okno

Where dem pics?

There's a bunch here. Bicep posted some on their FB page, too.

trouble-vision-08-03-14-211.jpg

Just look at those faces!

haha it was so good. Proper fun party vibe. The comment on fb for that cracked me up
"hiiiii everyone"

I have a video of Norse that sums it up but then I proceed to cheer in my Kentish way by shouting Oi oi haha.
Feel like Im on abit of a comedown this week even though I was just drinking, it was that good.
Always like checking out your mixes. I saw some photos of that party and it looked proper nuts. Jealous!

Thanks, I always try to cover my ass by saying how bad it can be, I have a horrible habit of losing focus and just dicking around. I also never plan anything, just throw stuff on and see what sounds ok to me.
Maybe If I stopped dicking around I would improve.

okno

Thanks, I always try to cover my ass by saying how bad it can be, I have a horrible habit of losing focus and just dicking around. I also never plan anything, just throw stuff on and see what sounds ok to me.
Maybe If I stopped dicking around I would improve.

Dicking around is how you discover your style, so dick away! Personally, I never, ever plan ahead, it's silly to do so. Grab a pile of records/mp3s and just have at it. You'll start to see what works and what doesn't, and then you'll start to figure out ways to make what doesn't work - work. Just an example: I made a mix where I mixed Nebraska - The Other Side into Plaid - Lilith and it worked GLORIOUSLY. It's all about learning your music and understanding what good entry points are for other tracks.

Shaneus

There's a bunch here. Bicep posted some on their FB page, too.

trouble-vision-08-03-14-211.jpg

Just look at those faces!
Ohhh... I thought it was a mix by Johnlenham. Whoops.

Dicking around is how you discover your style, so dick away! Personally, I never, ever plan ahead, it's silly to do so. Grab a pile of records/mp3s and just have at it. You'll start to see what works and what doesn't, and then you'll start to figure out ways to make what doesn't work - work. Just an example: I made a mix where I mixed Nebraska - The Other Side into Plaid - Lilith and it worked GLORIOUSLY. It's all about learning your music and understanding what good entry points are for other tracks.
My biggest problem. I always over-plan/prepare when thinking about doing a bedroom mix, in the end I usually wind up not doing one.

yo, throw me that track list! I'm liking this.

Hmm should be:

Not in love anymore (Late Nite Tuff Guy rework)
Just An Illusion (Lindstrom Vs Todd Terje Dub)
Yarbrough & Peoples - Dont Stop The Music [Late Nite Tuff Guy Muscle Mix]
Nobody- Late Nite Tuff Guy remix
The Osmonds- I I I (Todd Terje Edit)
BPM Jump:
One Nite in a disco- Late Nite Tuff Guy
Novika - Miss Mood (Satin Jackets Remix)
Love Thang (Genius of Time Re-edit)
Party Girl- Terrance Tee
When I Think Of U [LNTG Rework]
Stash- Bicep
Satisfy- Bicep
Music Sounds better with a 303- Ejeca
Miles in the galaxy- Kresy
Worship + Tribute (your love) - Citizen

rinse

Neo Member
After 3 months of watching this thread my account has finally been activated so I can post, will post a few things I'm blasting out atm (new and old) so you can get an idea of what I listen to, so my bad if there's a few reposts as i'm new!

Mattias Fridell - Life Recyling Law
Jam City - Earthly II
Palace - Depzan
Kelela x Ngunzungunzu - Enemy
Ben Sims - Joyrider (Trevino Remix)
Seven Davis Jr - One EP
Mixmag In Session: Paul Woolford
Steve Gurley Selected Vinyls (Mixed by Mr. Revealomaniac)
Dub Syndicate Productions - Don't Want To Do It
Joy-O x Boddika - More Maim
Bigshot - Glitch
Shlomo - The Harvest
NT89 - Subsequent
Machinedrum - Make Me
Jordan Peak - It's Time
Cajmere - Brighter Days
Girl Unit x XXXY Boiler Room

Also if someone could ID the tune XXXY drops @ 11:18 it'd be much appreciated, peace.

here is some newer stuff I've been digging lately

##### - #####.1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P8T6ERwEsA&feature=youtu.be

Soulphiction - Maybachswagger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP7uxZpXmlo

Theo Parrish - 71st & Exchange Used To Be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuevgKAHS6g

Moodymann - Sunday Hotel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SWFx6Ro9gk

Pittsburgh Track Authority - Haywire (SPN EDT)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gatvJnwVTX0

Kassem Mosse - Untitled A2 (Workshop 19)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evQICrfl2hQ

rinse

Neo Member
cheers all, nice to see a thread with such good music in it.

also, this new stuff from jordan peak is sounding real good.

many of you been to good events recently? i saw bicep, moodyman, omar s, midland and paul woolford last month in bristol & also paleman, loefah, oneman etc, both were sick. got bok bok, decka sound & addison groove this week which should be massive, looking forward to hearing ballad 4d vip/how we relate to the body refix dropping.

many of you been to good events recently? i saw bicep, moodyman, omar s, midland and paul woolford last month in bristol & also paleman, loefah, oneman etc, both were sick. got bok bok, decka sound & addison groove this week which should be massive, looking forward to hearing ballad 4d vip/how we relate to the body refix dropping.

Your in Bristol? I was just at the exchange on Friday for Kahn and neek/ peverrelist and a few others. Based in London myself though

Dreaver

What I've seen this year so far that's worth mentioning:
Joseph Capriati (2x, including a 6h set), Adam Beyer (and together b2b with Capriati), Joris Voorn, The Advent, Cari Lekebusch, Robert Hood, Ben Sims, David August, Joris Delacroix, Prunk, Homework, De Sluwe Vos and Detroit Swindle.

Next week it's finally time for Bicep!

And welcome :)

CoolOff

What I've seen this year so far that's worth mentioning:
Joseph Capriati (2x, including a 6h set), Adam Beyer (and together b2b with Capriati), Joris Voorn, The Advent, Cari Lekebusch, Robert Hood, Ben Sims, David August, Joris Delacroix, Prunk, Homework, De Sluwe Vos and Detroit Swindle.

Next week it's finally time for Bicep!

And welcome :)

I'm seeing Bicep in a week as well. :3 (Well, 10 days) Added bonuses will be DJ Koze, Axel Boman, and Isolée, freaking hyped.

gdt

All these dudes seeing Bicep damn.

Living in the philly area is alright. The Dolphin Tavern gets huuuge acts, but I've never really been to a club setting. Honestly, ironically, I don't dance much. Well, I dance at concerts...but I dunno. Its strange I guess.

Like, Jacques Greene is gonna be there in a few days.

Then Ejeca the night after oh my gawddddddddddd.

And Tiger and Woods the night before. Damn.......what the fuck man. Place is on fire. I really need to get a group together to go.

okno

I'm not a hater, but everytime a tune like this gets released (you know drummachines + acid line) it gets 5 out of 5 stars reviews everywhere. Why is that?

I agree 9/10 people are being hyperbolic and just love to scream "ACIIIIIIID". This one is a little more unique, though. It's just nice to have some acid house that sounds a bit different while not exactly breaking the mold. This whole EP is just aces, the vocal sample on "Inhabited By the Devil" will kill in the right environment.

Also this is being released on Larry Heard's label, so you'll likely see a lot of people pimp it out simply for that fact.

edit: also, with tracks like this you really can't view them as a track. They're tools more than anything. Drop this too early and it'll just throw off the whole mood, but at just the right time in the set to build momentum it'll slay.

Not huge on acid house in general, but I feel that is more because I never hear it out in the environment its designed for.
Trying to amass a bunch of disco/funk and such for the upcoming summer. Its alot of fun trawling through discogs and finding some bangers for £1 a go!

Jackmaster Essential mix
http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/53499093/file.html
Chip E. - Time To Jack [HOUSERECORDINGS (PLASMAPOOL)]
Stephan Bodzin & Marc Romboy - Phobos (Synthapella) [SYSTEMATIC]
Batongo - Aguirre (Fango Remix) [DEGUSTIBUS]
Armand Van Helden Pres. Old School Junkies - Work Me Goddammit (Remix) [HENRY STREET]
DJ Sprinkles - Grand Central Part 1 (Motor City Drum Ensemble (MCDE) Bassline Dub) 
Tracey Goat - ID 
Tyree Cooper - Hatchett [Real Estate Records]
ID - ID 
Tha Track Assassin - Gimme Da Drumz [CATALYST]
ID - ID 
Seth Troxler - Cz2 
Frankey & Sandrino - Save [INNERVISIONS]
Matias Aguayo feat. Aza Zander - I Was In Love [COMEME]
The Revenge - Los Angles 
Butch & Virginia - Mass Appeal (The Revenge Edit) 
Doc Daneeka - Treptow [NUMBERS]
Bok Bok & Tom Trago - Need This 
Simian Mobile Disco & Roman Flugel - Ikizukuri [DELICACIES]
Smith N Hack - Footstomping Smoker [Smith N Hack]
Ron Hardy - Sensation (Obi Blanche Edit) 
Wolfram feat. Haddaway - A Thing Called Love (Legowelt Special Remix Dub) 
Route 94 - Sun Into Light 
Model 500 - The Chase (Express Mix) [Kool Kat Music]
Artwork - Let Go Of My Acid [Demo Version] [NUMBERS]
Alexander Robotnick - Undicidisco (Justin Vandervolgen Edit) [HELL YEAH]
Dennis Ferrer - The Red Room (Obj Vocal Mix) [OBJEKTIVITY]
Mr. G - Potent [CHEMICAL]
Lucretio - Want [Warm Sounds]
Daft Punk - Indo Silver Club [VIRGIN]
Nitzer Ebb - Join In The Chant [MUTE]
Dave Clarke - Before I Was So Rudely Interrupted [Icrunch]
Format #1 - Solid Session [CLUBSTITUTE RECORDS]
Bicep & EJECA - You [AUS]
DJ Deer - Unnatural [NUMBERS]
Henry Fong - Stand Up [OWSLA]

Hope to fuck this was worth the effort it took me to format that lol

I'm trying to uncover good house remixes of old videogame music and good house songs that were also made for modern games.

for example, the legend of zelda by Zedd.

it's actually hard to find this stuff....anyone able to provide me some good linkage? I scoured google for awhile and it sucks, i think primarily because the word videogame is tied to so many other things.

gdt

I'm trying to uncover good house remixes of old videogame music and good house songs that were also made for modern games.

it's actually hard to find this stuff....anyone able to provide me some good linkage? I scoured google for awhile and it sucks, i think primarily because the word videogame is tied to so many other things.

Mannnn. I'm thinking about house house and then you mention Zedd and I know it's not house house but actually "house".

;)

Sorry can't help. I can however recommend the Shatter soundtrack by Module (who I guess hasn't done fuck all since?). It's fantastic vgm music. Seriously, it's a shockingly great album. Some of that stuff would fit on a dance floor I think...

gdt

Also Ryan Hemsworth samples the shit out of Zelda, FF, etc. but in a more hip hop/trap/whatever kind of way.

rinse

Neo Member
Your in Bristol? I was just at the exchange on Friday for Kahn and neek/ peverrelist and a few others. Based in London myself though

yeah man, i live about 30 seconds from exchange as it goes haha, shamefully didn't go to that event but no doubt those two dropped some bangers. there's literally soooo much going on in bristol and london tbh, really stuck on what to go to on friday, got a choice between; jackmaster/eliphino....paleman/decka sound + few others, or mala!

new mix from viers if anyone hasn't heard it yet, decka sound joint is largeeee

Also Ryan Hemsworth samples the shit out of Zelda, FF, etc. but in a more hip hop/trap/whatever kind of way.

yep.

Ryan Hemsworth - "An Overture Might Help Me Stop Thinking About You" (Final Fantasy VI)
Ryan Hemsworth - "Battle" (Final Fantasy VII)
Danny Brown - "Don't Give A" (Ryan Hemsworth Dankey Kang Bootleg)

Shaneus

Mannnn. I'm thinking about house house and then you mention Zedd and I know it's not house house but actually "house".

;)

Sorry can't help. I can however recommend the Shatter soundtrack by Module (who I guess hasn't done fuck all since?). It's fantastic vgm music. Seriously, it's a shockingly great album. Some of that stuff would fit on a dance floor I think...
Video game music that also doubles as great music in general?
Hotline Miami (double-check that link, I can't verify it at work)
TxK - surprisingly good, though it can be a bit cliche at times. I still love it, there's some great throwback acid and ambient tracks in there.

thanks so much fellas!!! very helpful!

anyone else?

Also check out my newest mix if you get the chance
https://soundcloud.com/megatrondon/if-you-ask-me-the-lights

Video game music that also doubles as great music in general?
Hotline Miami (double-check that link, I can't verify it at work)
TxK - surprisingly good, though it can be a bit cliche at times. I still love it, there's some great throwback acid and ambient tracks in there.

I actually used a hotline miami song in my mix! haha

zbeeb

Shaneus

I actually used a hotline miami song in my mix! haha
djtiesto used one in his as well... I'm really getting into that neo-retro vibe a lot of that stuff (like Perturbator, Kavinsky) are rocking. The production techniques mean that it never ages... because it sounds like it's already aged ;)

Top Bottom