• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

bowery

woah this completely slipped by me

kingdom nina las vegas mix

1. Kelela - Keep It Cool (Jam City Remix) [Fade to Mind]
2. Kingdom - Slim Thug Neptunes Edit
3. Mapei - Don't Wait (Kingdom Remix)
4. Cooly G - Oi Dirty ft. DVA [Hyperdub]
5. Taskforce - Club Tool Part 2
6. Nguzunguzu - Break In [Fade to Mind]
7. Gwen Stefani - Yummy (Kingdom Edit)
8. Kingdom - Untitled
9. Pol Style & Deamonds - Untitled
10. Lil Silva - Cheese & Bun (Dubbel Dutch Club Remix)
11. MikeQ & DJ Sliink - Werk'd It [Mind to Mind / Fade to Mind]
12. MikeQ - WWWORK
13. Tink - Fingers Up (NA Edit)
14. Decka Sound & Fortay - Hold Up (Neana Remix)
15. Moleskin - Turnt On
16. Ciara - Backseat Love
17. August Alsina - I Luv This Shit
18. Ra's Al & Neana - 42 Dunjunz
19. Girl Unit - Doublechop [Night Slugs]
20. Dj Tameil - Tek 9
21. More Fire Crew - Insecurity (Kingdom Edit)
22. Helix - Whoosh Ice Dispenser (Total Freedom Edit)
23. Chvrches - Recover (Kingdom Remix Instrumental)

BeeDog

Wanted to pimp the following release that just came out...

Fifth Wall Records - No Person Is An Island

A charity compilation album by many great artists from the Fifth Wall roster. Mostly great techno, but a bunch of other genres (e.g. breakbeat/jungle) represented as well. I mean, check the artist roster!

1. Eomac - Geth 04:51
2. Alis - Formula 03:53
3. Tiltmode - Papa Shango 04:55
4. Ghostek - Lethal Ballet 05:36
5. Handsome Head - Tech. Fourth Period 05:00
6. Dualit - Dark Matter 05:20
7. Bleaching Agent - Prang 06:23
8. Divvorce - Ritmo Trak 05:26
9. Physical Therapy - Door Jammer 05:26
10. Hound Scales - Birtha 06:19
11. Metrist - Texaco Building Society 06:09
12. Clouds - Cybergrind Your Mind 05:19
13. Myler - Machine Elves 05:54

gdt

New Scuba

Sounds very different. Big drums.

Curious Paradise

scubaart_031714.jpg

Phenix 1 out next week.

A1 - Throb
A2 - Cyanide
B1 - Time Relentless Time
B2 - Curious Paradox

What is going on with the makeup? I think he's goofing around cause it looks so silly.

scuba_031714.jpg

Edit: Tour dates...no philly :/

scubatour_031114.jpg

okno

Holy shit at that makeup hahahaha. He's turning into Ritchie Hawtin. Even though I'm not the biggest Scuba fan, I might go see him at Cielo (Deep Space). It's a super small venue with a bomb ass sound system. Might be worth the trek.

I'm trying to uncover good house remixes of old videogame music and good house songs that were also made for modern games.

for example, the legend of zelda by Zedd.

it's actually hard to find this stuff....anyone able to provide me some good linkage? I scoured google for awhile and it sucks, i think primarily because the word videogame is tied to so many other things.

Not all house, but here's a few video game remixes:

Jamie Berry - Super Mario Bros
Pascal & Pearce - Disco Biskit (Super Mario Bros)
Ermac - Sonic & Knuckles Flying Battery Zone
Maklibek - Metal Gear Medley Remix
Caution & Crisis - Minecraft (Sweden) Remix

I made a mix of Video Game remixes myself recently here. I don't like them all, especially the more brostep ones, but like you said it's hard to find many decent electronic mixes.

gdt

Holy shit at that makeup hahahaha. He's turning into Ritchie Hawtin. Even though I'm not the biggest Scuba fan, I might go see him at Cielo (Deep Space). It's a super small venue with a bomb ass sound system. Might be worth the trek.

Yeah it's exactly the kind of stuff he makes fun of on twitter. I think it's a goof.

Thinking about seeing him there too. Haven't been to NYC in a looooong time.

Even Ive heard of that club and you seem to rate him highly so its probably worth the trip.
Wonder if he will finish with Maddona- Vogue like he did the last 2 times ive caught a set of his haha

rinse

Neo Member
Even Ive heard of that club and you seem to rate him highly so its probably worth the trip.
Wonder if he will finish with Maddona- Vogue like he did the last 2 times ive caught a set of his haha

hahaha such a good finishing track when he does that though isn't it, the sudden switch from dark bass driven techno to maddona vogue!

Shaneus

For those in Melbourne (Australia), just found out that St. Lucia are doing a live gig on Tues 8th April. Not quite "groundbreaking electronic", but those of you who like good music, it's great news :)

okno

For those in Melbourne (Australia), just found out that St. Lucia are doing a live gig on Tues 8th April. Not quite "groundbreaking electronic", but those of you who like good music, it's great news :)

Recondite is going to be doing a live show there soon! Go!

gdt

I don't get Actress I think.

Wee Bay/Grey Over Blue are boring. Just slow drone build up with a nice melodic backbone. Its aiiiiiiiight but I'm not gonna be looking for it.

Bicep put this on their FB, I guess they picked the songs or something? either way there are some tunes in here

http://22tracks.com/#!ldn/deepdisco

Also, scrolling through Fb i saw Kresy post a link to this EP thats coming out

https://soundcloud.com/bons-records/sets/br002-vvaa-homely-drums-ep
Segon Record: VVAA - HOMELY DRUMS EP incl. tracks by:

·Dennis Collado
·We Like Turtles
·Rhythm&Soul
·Kresy

BR002 / VVAA - HOMELY DRUMS EP.
Distributed by Subwax Bcn.
Available in Decks, Juno, etc.
Only 200 copies, no repress.
10"/inches
kind of funny I liek his track the least though.

okno

Tin Man - Lost In L.A. Forthcoming track on Perfume. Kinda weird, pretty different from his regular material, but I like it.

Need that Octo Octa, stat. Not surprised to hear Terje's album isn't completely tits, but have yet to give it a listen myself.

I've had a terribly stye in my left eye for a week now, right before traveling to Killington (Vermont) for a snowboarding trip. There's a Cashmere Cat show tonight I was looking forward to going to, but with such a rough work week and other things going on, along with this stye, I've opted out.

Cyril Hahn - Getting There - Free Download
Jacques Greene - No Excuse **repost** sooooo good
Kidnap Kid - Like You Used
Ta-ku - Love Lost - Free Download - pretty old, but worth a repost if it is one

gdt

So is Aden Machinedrum or not? New EP is out, but articles talk about Aden as if its some mystery, but we've known Whip That was a MD song way before Aden every came about right?

Cause if its indeed MD, he's had like 3 eps released in about 30 days (Visions something, Fenris District, and as Aden...Four)

miksushag

Might as well be. I imagine it must be pretty easy to adapt to different styles of music as you are surrounded by talented people who give you tips and what not all the time.

BeeDog

So is Aden Machinedrum or not? New EP is out, but articles talk about Aden as if its some mystery, but we've known Whip That was a MD song way before Aden every came about right?

Cause if its indeed MD, he's had like 3 eps released in about 30 days (Visions something, Fenris District, and as Aden...Four)

Yep, it's Machinedrum for sure.

CoolOff

Turning to GAF for help. Has Tiga made a cover of Tyga's Rack City, and if so, where the hell can I find it? I seem to remember finding a thread on it on EAF a good while ago, but searching there gave no results, and googling it is impossible since Tiga = Tyga...

gdt

Every single one of Duke Dumont's recent singles have been great, but it seems like he's all about that pop house now. Need something harder like The Giver or Street Walker when his LP drops.

BeeDog

Every single one of Duke Dumont's recent singles have been great, but it seems like he's all about that pop house now. Need something harder like The Giver or Street Walker when his LP drops.

Check his Tensnake remix then :) Maybe the "hardest" stuff he's done in some time.

CoolOff

All this Machinedrum-talk made me look up what I actually have from him in my playlists, and man, DDD is just a monster of a track.

gdt

Check his Tensnake remix then :) Maybe the "hardest" stuff he's done in some time.

I don't mean hard like...hard.....just not a super shiny pop singer lead house music. I dunno. I Got U and Need U 100 are awesome so whatever. I'll shut up.

Top Bottom