• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

Fucking work. Keeping me from seeing Marcel Dettmann, Function, Anthony Parasole and Frank & Tony tonight. Five of my favorite people in one (technically two) clubs and I'm in bed.

Life. Why do you do this.

Dreaver

I'm busy expanding my music library, I'm looking for some more classics. Either those rave anthems or simply fun old school tracks (with a solid, decent beat) to mix into a mix.

Examples (I mostly prefer the old school rave or techno tracks)
Plastikman - Spastik (Dubfire Rework)
Underworld - Born Slippy
Grooveyard - Mary Go Wild

"Fun" / old tracks that are nice to mix
Kenny Dope, The Bucketheads - The Bomb! (Original Mix)
Daft Punk - Indo Silver Club

Also stuff from New Order - Blue Monday, Giorgo Mordorder, Donna Summer.

Any more suggestions for some good classics that people love to hear between all the modern stuff?

I'm busy expanding my music library, I'm looking for some more classics. Either those rave anthems or simply fun old school tracks (with a solid, decent beat) to mix into a mix.

Underworld - Born Slippy

Any more suggestions for some good classics that people love to hear between all the modern stuff?

Innercity - Big Fun
Josh Wink - Higher State of Conciousness
Cybotron - Clear
Psyche - Elements
EBTG - Temperamental

miksushag

I'm so fucking full of that shit of a tune 'The Bomb'. Same categorize for me as Olav Basoskis Waterman.

edit: I'll get back to you with some classics later dreaver! =)

I really really hate sleeping on a release and then its sold out everywhere ;(
I can buy it for $11 but they want $35 to post it to the uk, el o el.
shadow-letsgettogether_large.jpg

If some amazing beacon of light fancies buying it and posting it to me, I wouldnt object.
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/shadow-lets-get-together/515490-01/

okno

Juno's sold out too D: I can send it to ya if I find a copy somewhere. I'm in NYC so shipping shouldn't be too bad. Definitely not $35!

Waiting on some records from Juno right now. It's been nearly two weeks and still not here :/

http://mixlr.com/fruitpreservative/ I'ma be mixing some stuff online in a bit, if anyone's around.

rinse

Neo Member

Underworld - Born Slippy

Chic - Soup For One

Altern8 - Infiltrate 202
Bizarre Inc - Playing With Knives
Xpansions - Move Your Body
The Night Writers - Let The Music (Use You)

Juno's sold out too D: I can send it to ya if I find a copy somewhere. I'm in NYC so shipping shouldn't be too bad. Definitely not $35!

Waiting on some records from Juno right now. It's been nearly two weeks and still not here :/

http://mixlr.com/fruitpreservative/ I'ma be mixing some stuff online in a bit, if anyone's around.

Yeah everywhere I looked in the Uk it was gone and even into the EU.
Only flippers on discogs left and I mean I sent a record to the USA for like £4 so how they charge $30+ ill never know. WIth Dollar to Pound conversion It would probably be almost the same as buying it in the UK if it were normal prices.

Just bought a Larry levan remix, just happened to have been repressed at the beginning of March, seems anything else hes done is really hard to find based of his discogs profile.
Man Friday Ft Larry Levan - Real Love (The Paradise Garage Mix
Also this which I seem to have found the last place to buy it.
Stephen Encinas - Disco Illusion

rinse

Neo Member
after posting that night writers track in here last night i went on a massive frankie knuckles listening spree, then wake up to find he's passed away, so sad. r.i.p :(

collige

Banned

Underworld - Born Slippy

Mr. Oizo - Flat Beat
Nightcrawlers - Push The Feeling On (The Dub of Doom)
SL2 - On A Ragga Tip

gdt

SBTRKT - Transitions is so fucking sick. Each song is seriously better than the last. Can't wait for the coming lp.

bowery

SBTRKT - Transitions is so fucking sick. Each song is seriously better than the last. Can't wait for the coming lp.

I liked highs and lows quite a bit, sounds like a girl unit song
It sucks that sbtrkt paved the way for acts like disclosure to get huge but he himself kinda got left behind

Kraftwerk

Fluxion has become one of my favourite artists over time. It is so easy to distinguish his work compared to others. Love him.

So damn good

It is artists such as him that make spending money on good speakers and other equipment worth it.

miksushag

Yeah, rip frankie. Loved his music.

Speaking of disco. I've heard a lot of times that the disco-phase comes eventually to everyone who listens to electronic music. I've been listening to a lot of 80s stuff now, disco, electro, floorfillers, cheesy pop disco like evelyn champagne king etc.

black ivory - mainline, I mean stuff like this just kicks ass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clwd4hSHSjM

gdt

biggest "meh" of the year so far.

Man, I had the complete opposite reaction. For real.

I liked highs and lows quite a bit, sounds like a girl unit song
It sucks that sbtrkt paved the way for acts like disclosure to get huge but he himself kinda got left behind

Yeah its a slightly new direction. More rnb trap whatever, but not overpowered. Still smooth and synthy.

I think he just kind of took a long break. Gonna be four years soon since the LP, thats forever in todays world.

injurai

Banned

biggest "meh" of the year so far.

Man, I had the complete opposite reaction. For real.

Just gave it a listen. Was thinking I might side with biz after track 1, it's just a droning steady beat. Pretty shite.

But tracks 2 and 3 were really great, they were giving off some serious Gold Panda vibes. 4, 5 were pretty good, and have potential to grow on me. 6 was quite good again.

Certainly enjoyable, really shows some promise.

gdt

Lone, on his new album:

I was listening to a lot of Detroit techno and old Chicago house that had the same grain and dirtiness to it as a lot of the hip-hop I was listening to. That was the real spark—I wanted to make an album that had both hip-hop and house beats, but that weren’t completely different from each other, that shared the same sort of vibe. I love the idea of two things sat side by side, but instead of it seeming like they’re complete opposites, [it's more that] those two things could almost be the same thing.

New track, 2 is 8

That song is much more hip hop than the last two albums...

Just bought tickets to see Jamie xx, Kaytranada, Viceroy, Moombhaton Massive Stage, Orchard Lounge "and more" in DC in June. $48 isn't bad, but it sucks knowing I missed the early bird prices because it got too busy at work ($38)

gdt

I don't think I get Lone as much as everyone else does. I mean, I like that track, its cool. I like his albums...but I'm not wild about it. Oh well.

Divius

8dba8ac6.jpg

How To Dress Well - What Is This Heart?
out June 23/24

The album was produced by Rodaidh McDonald (Vampire Weekend, The xx, Savages, Adele). It will be available as a double LP and deluxe double LP. The deluxe version comes with a 28-page booklet and a bonus one-sided 10" featuring two exclusives: “Let U Know” and “So Easy for Pleasure.”

01 2 Years On (Shame Dream)
02 What You Wanted
03 Face Again
04 See You Fall
05 Repeat Pleasure
06 Words I Don't Remember
07 Pour Cyril
08 Precious Love
09 Childhood Faith in Love (Everything Must Change, Everything Must Stay the Same)
10 A Power
11 Very Best Friend
12 House Inside (Future Is Older)

source

Not sure if threadworthy since not that many people will care, previous album thread wasn´t huge either.

Top Bottom