• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Did a little jokey mix for a friendly comp on another forum I go on.
10 min mix, with a theme. Free to use whatever you like (abelton/traktor/vinyl)

Theme this time is NYE: Pre or Post 12
Mines very much just stupid fun, so some people might get a kick out of it.

http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/9055534/file.html

Wont put a tracklist cos I think its more fun for something short.

injurai

Banned
Was trying to think up a name that would be fit for an old school jungle track, and for some reason decided to google it.

Well 'faux irie' gave me back a single with tracks of those exact two names. Okno you'd like this stuff. Pretty clutch find if you ask me.

Skudge - Irie / Faux

Was trying to think up a name that would be fit for an old school jungle track, and for some reason decided to google it.

Well 'faux irie' gave me back a single with tracks of those exact two names. Okno you'd like this stuff. Pretty clutch find if you ask me.

Skudge - Irie / Faux

That's funny you ended up finding this, Skudge (well, half of Skudge) is actually a good friend of mine, really cool to see live :)

And just to (humbly try) to participate, here is Chvrches remixed by the excellent and underrated The Range.

okno

Skudge - Irie / Faux

Love, love, love, love Skudge! Hadn't heard these, so thanks! "Faux" is pretty great, reminds me a LOT of Trevino - Buried (this one's huge, a favorite of mine and always goes down well in a set, this one can bring a dead floor back to life in a heartbeat).

Shaneus

Love, love, love, love Skudge! Hadn't heard these, so thanks! "Faux" is pretty great, reminds me a LOT of Trevino - Buried (this one's huge, a favorite of mine and always goes down well in a set, this one can bring a dead floor back to life in a heartbeat).
Good god. Love. Has an Underworld-during-their-heyday vibe, circa Beaucoup Fish.

Any of you guys picking up anything for RSD tomorrow?
Looking at getting the new LNTG tuff cut 5, Another ep with one of his tracks on and a luxxxury edit and theres a dimitri from paris bit that im considering.
Also unoffically there is a boddika/joy o bit (trickys team) that I might grab if I can.

Oh and theres some bok bok white label as well but am unsure about that

Shaneus

Huh.
1979946_601691809913950_4407285070802345023_o.jpg

You cunts had better be going.

okno

Any of you guys picking up anything for RSD tomorrow?
Looking at getting the new LNTG tuff cut 5, Another ep with one of his tracks on and a luxxxury edit and theres a dimitri from paris bit that im considering.
Also unoffically there is a boddika/joy o bit (trickys team) that I might grab if I can.

Oh and theres some bok bok white label as well but am unsure about that

There's a Dance Mania repress I'm dying to get my hands on, but my schedule likely won't allow me to get to my store in time :(

And HELL YES LNTG FINALLY!!
Fuck, I just realized he's playing at Le Bain. Gross. Still going, natch, but that's really disappointing to hear.

There's a Dance Mania repress I'm dying to get my hands on, but my schedule likely won't allow me to get to my store in time :(

Fuck, I just realized he's playing at Le Bain. Gross. Still going, natch, but that's really disappointing to hear.
I could possibly pick it up and send it too you if you want it badly? Unless your going the ebay route or a usa gaffer would grab it (so way less shipping!)

bowery

What's wrong with Le Bain?

Shaneus

You have no idea how happy I am for you and everyone else in this thread who'll be going. It'll be a great gig, I guarantee it!

Is Le Bain a small club? Because IMO LNTG shines at an intimate venue.

okno

I could possibly pick it up and send it too you if you want it badly? Unless your going the ebay route or a usa gaffer would grab it (so way less shipping!)

Appreciate it but a friend of mine snagged a copy for me! So stoked!

And Le Bain itself is fine, it's just the people it attracts are generally awful. The sound is decent and it's a nice space, but it rarely has a good vibe. Too much coke goes through there.

Dreaver

Going to a festival tomorrow, pretty great line-up:

Âme, Dixon, Mano Le Though, Marcus Worgull, Baikal, Ben Pearce, Elias Mazian, Hot Since 82, Jamie Jones, Pan-Pott, Boris Brejcha, Solee, Andhim, Eelke Kleijn, Illesnoise, Oliver Koletzki, Pete Oak, Shimmer, Super Flu, Floating Points, Gerd, Huxley, Jameszoo, Skream, Adana Twins, D-Ribeiro, Finnebassen, Hector Couto, Prunk, Waifs & Strays

Live: Âme, Hubert Kirchner, Benoit & Sergio, N'TO, Aka Aka, Worakls, Arjuna Schiks, KiNK, Fairmont

I want to see Âme (live), Dixon, Mano Le Though, Jamie Jones, Pan-Pott and KinK for sure. Any suggestions what's a must see (I mostly prefer tech-house)?

Shaneus

Going to a festival tomorrow, pretty great line-up:

I want to see Âme (live), Dixon, Mano Le Though, Jamie Jones, Pan-Pott and KinK for sure. Any suggestions what's a must see (I mostly prefer tech-house)?
Super Flu. Deeeefinitely.

Wait, fuck. Adana Twins. Finnebassen. Hector Couto. Hot Since 82.

Man, the more I look at that lineup, the more jealous I get. From what I can tell there's not a hell of a lot of tech there, but there'll be some perfect festival grooves there. Killer.

I'm assuming you're in Europe? Because that doesn't look like a festival that'd be in the US. No "EDM" ;)

Shaneus

All he's ever been good at IMO is looking like Richard Ayoade from IT Crowd. Having said that, I've never honestly looked at pictures of them side-by-side.
Edit:
OWPnCsN.jpg
lqrxNyc.png

gdt

Sunday morning round up yo

New Scuba is good. Really its 2 songs with two moodier pieces in between. I think the first is okay second is much better. Cyanide and Curious Paradox are great.

New Ejeca EP is cooooool. First song has a disco second half which is more of Ejeca switching up his sound. Alone is great too (though I know its been out for awhile, can't remember where from though...). Great remix from some guy I don't know.

Listening to The Vaults from Behling and Simpson too, don't have an opinion on that yet. Liked my first listen a lot though.

Dreaver

Super Flu. Deeeefinitely.

Wait, fuck. Adana Twins. Finnebassen. Hector Couto. Hot Since 82.

Man, the more I look at that lineup, the more jealous I get. From what I can tell there's not a hell of a lot of tech there, but there'll be some perfect festival grooves there. Killer.

I'm assuming you're in Europe? Because that doesn't look like a festival that'd be in the US. No "EDM" ;)
Yeah I'm from Europe. These are shitloads of this kind of deep house/tech house/techno events around here. Though I have to say this event had a killer line-up. It was a really cool festival, really industrial / apocalyptic (flamethrowers, steampunk shit, cranes and containers. Really cool vibe.
Artists I saw: Pete Oak, Marcus Worgull, Ame, Dixon, Benoit & Sergio, Hot Since 82, Pan-Pot, KiNK, Aka Aka, N'to, Worakls

Going to see Nina Kraviz and Chris Liebing next week.

I only recognize Floating Points, Gerd, and Skream, all three I would definitely see.
We went to Floating Points, but sadly there were only like 10 people in the booth so we instantly left. :(

Shaneus

people need to educate themselves, that's a shame. Though you will always get instances of this for big festivals.
Should've seen how few people were at a Melbourne festival to see LNTG play :( Mind you, it was early on in the day (around 1:30pm-ish), but it sucked because in Adelaide (his home town) they put him on a more friendly time of 8pm. His music isn't daytime music. At least, not daytime festival music.

bowery

need that new sophie track thats been popping up in mixes, lemonade, anyone have any info on it?

the new mumdance rinse is nice and the new breach ep is great too

Shaneus

Back in 2004, then-Illinois State Senator Barack Obama helped declare August 25 in Chicago as Frankie Knuckles Day. Now, President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama have written a letter to Knuckles' friends and family following the Chicago house legend's untimely death earlier this month from diabetes complications, as FACT reports.

That's the letter below. It was shared by DJ David Morales, whose Def Mix agency represented Knuckles.
Ey8z2O4.jpg

via Pitchfork

Didn't see this posted in here, but man... big respect. Recognition doesn't get much more notable than that.

Dreaver

10277152_10152049979365823_2600847942302741073_n.jpg

:D

(Derrick May?, Richie Hawtin and Chris Liebing, ages ago)

Holy shit @ Richie Hawtin

@ Shaneus: Yeah really cool from Obama. But let's be honest, even though Frankie Knuckles might not be *that known* for most people, he was really important for electronic music.

Shaneus

@ Shaneus: Yeah really cool from Obama. But let's be honest, even though Frankie Knuckles might not be *that known* for most people, he was really important for electronic music.
Oh, damn straight. Which is why it's more impressive that Obama gave him props both while he was alive and since his passing. Obama may not have inhaled, but it's sounding like he double-dropped at least once or twice ;)

Top Bottom