• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Nyx

Sometimes I hear a track that I would have called 'terrible and cheesy' not so long ago..

In fact, I still think this is cheesy, and I'll never like the male vocals either, but fuck all that, a true guilty pleasure...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fz5rfJGZbrY

(Grizzly Bear - Gun Shy Lindstrom remix)

It's....just....so.....damn.....funky!

I wish this guy would make more music, more often:

binaerpilot.no

It's mostly short, energetic and complex... you're not listening to the same sounds/melody for long until it changes, sometimes drastically.

Anyone know of comparable artists/music?

okno

Dear you guys,

I am so glad, so glad, none of you came to tonight's gig. It was the definition of "disaster."

Love,
Okno

Dear you guys,

I am so glad, so glad, none of you came to tonight's gig. It was the definition of "disaster."

Love,
Okno

That sucks, What happened?

We had a meeting with a venue and I think we have a date for our first ever night.
Looking at possibly booking a headliner, names being thrown around are
Dusk&Blackdown
Kowton
Beneath
Mumdance
Visionist

etcetc

injurai

Banned
That sucks, What happened?

We had a meeting with a venue and I think we have a date for our first ever night.
Looking at possibly booking a headliner, names being thrown around are
Dusk&Blackdown
Kowton
Beneath
Mumdance
Visionist

etcetc

Wait I thought you needed a name for the event... is this a group name?

lush

Lone - Lizard King - from Bleep: 10 compilation
Leon Vynehall - Time - forthcoming on Will Saul's DJ-Kicks
Chrs Malinchak - Freak
Ejeca - Rick Flair
Elizabeth Rose - Sensibility (TOKiMONSTA Remix)

Shabazz Palaces - They Come In Gold - bless

Lapalux mix for SSENSE
Moondog - Tree Trail
John Baker - Vendetta: The Ice Cream Man
Quasimoto - Green Power
Lapalux - Dead Sea
Andreya Triana - The Best is yet to come (Lapalux Remix)
Lapalux - Without You (Alternate Version)
Silq - Making up for Lost Time
Cakedog - Cake Pon De Flo
Lapalux - Hynagogia (Exclusive)
Purple Ferdinand - In My Dreams (Lapalux Remix)
Machinedrum - SeeSea
Connan Mockasin - Im the Man That will find you
Bahamadia - Uknowhowwedo
Lil Ugly Mane - Throw Dem Gunz
Botany Boys - Cloverland (Dj Screw)
Lapalux - OEA

HiResDes

Things that I'm loving right now:

Zorya by Floex

~ Modern Classical, Ambient, Electronic

Ocean Death by Baths
e361322e.jpg

~ Lo-Fi, Glitch, Electronic

Rivers of the Red Planet by Max Graef

~ Ambient, House, Hip-Hop, Jazz

Psychic 9-5 Club by HTRK

~ Electronic, Psychedelic, Shoegaze

Harakiri by SD Laika

~ Grime, Bass, Techno

Young Alaska by Christian Löffler

~ Minimal, Ambient, Techno

After Forever by Joey Anderson

~ Deep House, Techno

...Oh and the new Prins Thomas and Leon Vynehall, but I think ya'll know about those

So two friends of mine are gonna start teachign me the basics of making music. They told me to compile a list of tracks that I would like to edit. I have a list of about 5-6 songs.

What tracks would you guys make edits of of you could? Cool tracks that are too short, ruined by a bad vocal, has weird tempo changes or breaks, or tracks that have potential but could use a little extra something?

okno

So two friends of mine are gonna start teachign me the basics of making music. They told me to compile a list of tracks that I would like to edit. I have a list of about 5-6 songs.

What tracks would you guys make edits of of you could? Cool tracks that are too short, ruined by a bad vocal, has weird tempo changes or breaks, or tracks that have potential but could use a little extra something?

Greg Beato - Who's the Licho In Charge Ovaa Here?

So mad at how short this track is.

Guys, guyssss guuyyyyssss. When we get a logo and a FB page setup for our night/promotion what have you, can I link it here to get some "likes"?

The odds of any of you actually coming are remote at best but it would help me out greatly.
I mean if you do want to come ill whack you on the guest list for sure :)

Dreaver

Guys, guyssss guuyyyyssss. When we get a logo and a FB page setup for our night/promotion what have you, can I link it here to get some "likes"?

The odds of any of you actually coming are remote at best but it would help me out greatly.

If you need some help with graphic design or so (free...) or video..) shoot me a message. I'm quite experienced in it. ;)

bowery

100% yup, u too miksusha

Shaneus

I like good club music and good club nights wherever they are. I'll like anything!

Speaking of good music, I just arrived back from watching Client Liason play live at a small venue in Melbourne. If you like solid retro-inspired dance tracks, be sure to check them out... I predict massive fucking things for them this year. Hell, there's even a Com Truise remix of one of their songs on their Soundcloud already!

http://clientliaison.com/

fIFPo7Jl.jpg

Seriously. Get on them before they become popular.

I love a lot of electronic music and I like all sorts of things from Drum n' Bass to Dubstep to House music to Speedcore and Psytrance too. But my favourite is Happy Hardcore and Hardstyle.

I've been considering buying Ableton Live for a long time. I think it would be great to become a DJ or produce music or something like that. I see artists make all sorts of great Touhou and My Little Pony and Pokemon other hardstyle mixes and arrangements and artists like kors k and DJ Shimamura and others do stuff and I'd like to be able to do something like that, too.

But there are so many things and not enough time and I sadly never get around to it. I also want to take the time draw better with a bamboo tablet and draw moe all day, maybe eventually make a living out of it. Or learn to get really good at programming with Python and make the kinds of video games I've always dreamed of. But I don't end up doing it...

Sometimes I just wish I could freeze time and also never age and get older. So I could learn to do and do all of the things I'd love to see. Anyway, hello everyone, I love electronic music, though especially hardcore techno and hardstyle and psytrance and deep house and I guess a few other genres.

Happy Hardcore and Psytrance and Hardstyle and Deep House and Gabber and Makina and Breakcore and Chiptunes and Eurobeat and Speecore and Drum n' Bass and Electro Industrial and Aggrotech are all great.

I'll thumb you

If you need some help with graphic design or so (free...) or video..) shoot me a message. I'm quite experienced in it. ;)

100% yup, u too miksusha

I like good club music and good club nights wherever they are. I'll like anything!

Thanks folks!
Dreaver, I remember you saying your based in Amsterdam right? I will be there in two weekends time going to this with 9 others from the uk. Would be good to meet up at any point if your about
http://www.sub.fm/10yearsofbass/
Shoot me a pm and we can work it out via FB or something if your up for it :)

Speaking of good music, I just arrived back from watching Client Liason play live at a small venue in Melbourne. If you like solid retro-inspired dance tracks, be sure to check them out... I predict massive fucking things for them this year. Hell, there's even a Com Truise remix of one of their songs on their Soundcloud already!

http://clientliaison.com/

fIFPo7Jl.jpg

Seriously. Get on them before they become popular.

I thought I had heard that name before! Knew them from their tops remix of Retiree's Rain. I'll check out their originals

Shaneus

I thought I had heard that name before! Knew them from their tops remix of Retiree's Rain. I'll check out their originals
I'm pretty sure they performed that live... does maybe Retiree have the same lead singer? Or would they have just been performing a cover when I saw them?
Either way, solid track.

I just love how they're still very, VERY 80s (obviously) but have an entirely different vibe to St. Lucia. I'd love to see a mutual colloab/remix by each of them.

okno

Holy shit. Didn't realize I posted anything on Wednesday about Wednesday. Embarrassing (was very, very drunk that night).

For those interested: the whole night was a shit show. Try never told me the link on their cdjs didn't work and I only brought one USB stick. Then, in my haste to leave, I forgot my cartridges and they (Bossa nova civic club) don't supply any, at all. So, at that point, I was stuck at the club in the middle of nowhere Bushwick, Brooklyn at 730PM on a mad hunt to find some needles. Finally found ONE needle at a random bar down the street and proceeded to play for two hours on one table and one cdj. Thing is, that was the night the cable on my TMA1s decided to crap out on me and randomly cut out sound in the right channel whenever it felt like it. On top of that the monitors (and sound in general) were god awful, so I couldn't hear shit clearly. Not only that, the sound is so horrible I kept getting a delayed kick back which just threw off my counting repeatedly. I ended up doing alright in the end, but it was just a terrible experience all around (and the staff there are fucking cunts). They did ask me to come back on the 21st, so I didn't do too bad, I suppose. Lesson learned: never allow yourself to be lazy and make rookie mistakes when you know better.

Holy shit. Didn't realize I posted anything on Wednesday about Wednesday. Embarrassing (was very, very drunk that night).

For those interested: the whole night was a shit show. Try never told me the link on their cdjs didn't work and I only brought one USB stick. Then, in my haste to leave, I forgot my cartridges and they (Bossa nova civic club) don't supply any, at all. So, at that point, I was stuck at the club in the middle of nowhere Bushwick, Brooklyn at 730PM on a mad hunt to find some needles. Finally found ONE needle at a random bar down the street and proceeded to play for two hours on one table and one cdj. Thing is, that was the night the cable on my TMA1s decided to crap out on me and randomly cut out sound in the right channel whenever it felt like it. On top of that the monitors (and sound in general) were god awful, so I couldn't hear shit clearly. Not only that, the sound is so horrible I kept getting a delayed kick back which just threw off my counting repeatedly. I ended up doing alright in the end, but it was just a terrible experience all around (and the staff there are fucking cunts). They did ask me to come back on the 21st, so I didn't do too bad, I suppose. Lesson learned: never allow yourself to be lazy and make rookie mistakes when you know better.

Owch! but you seemed to have survived haha! Yeah I take my usb, my laptop with charger and needles all the time now.
Saturday just warming up before we went to Skreamizm one of my mates needles crapped out and we have to go VInyl>CDJ via Traktor haha So much input lag and delay.

Top Bottom