• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

BeeDog

I might go to see Extrawelt on Saturday, anyone here ever seen them? If so, how are they? Is it too much of the minimal stuff or can they play some blasting stuff as well?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Des-style "shit I'm digging" post

artworks-000071963393-0colx0-original.jpg

Grenier and Archie Pelago album stream / "Tower of Joined Hands"
MacroM38_Cover_500.jpg

KiNK Under Destruction album mix
artworks-000075817669-u6chh6-t500x500.jpg

Tomas Svensson Am I Networked? album sampler
CS524185-01A-BIG.jpg

Donato Dozzy & Tin Man Acid Test 09 / "Test 7"
artworks-000071919584-cgjqlw-t500x500.jpg

Helena Hauff Return to Disorder album sampler

Yeah I'm loving that KiNK and Powell, thanks for the post! Listening to the Archie Pelago right now and really enjoying it.

Anybody here seen Dean Blunt? He's playing near me soon and I'm on the fence, I liked his Hype Williams stuff more than his solo output but tickets are pretty reasonable.

Shaneus

Mental note: Need to check all this out when I'm not at work.

5 hours of disco- DJs Francois K, David DePino, Joey Llanos and Jocelyn Brown

http://www.rbmaradio.com/shows/larr...-with-francois-k-david-depino-and-joey-llanos
This too. FK was fucking amazing when he played in Australia a few years back. Couldn't believe I was standing metres away from someone who played in Paradise Garage.

Edit: Listening to that new Chromeo album, this is IMO the standout track: Old 45s. I can hear potential in it, for both a club and pop track (with some clever editing for the former). Amazing production.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Edit: Listening to that new Chromeo album, this is IMO the standout track: Old 45s. I can hear potential in it, for both a club and pop track (with some clever editing for the former). Amazing production.

Funny, I checked out that Chromeo album a couple days ago. These guys know their way around a great hook, but I really dislike the production. Something about it is too sharp/harsh on my ears.

Dreaver

Semi-drunk post

So fuck yeah, just did my first "dj gig" at a aftermovie drink "party" at my work for about 50 people for 3 hours, a lot of fun! Had a set semi-prepared but decieded to say fuck it and play what I felt like, disco to techno. Got a few compliments and was asked to play at a Beach party (from my work, with a few 100 people, big company) from the boss as well!

I brought my own speakers which were quite shitty though ($50 speakers), so did most with sync, I found it quite hard to beatmatch with such a shitty sound. Onto the next party!

okno

Semi-drunk post

So fuck yeah, just did my first "dj gig" at a aftermovie drink "party" at my work for about 50 people for 3 hours, a lot of fun! Had a set semi-prepared but decieded to say fuck it and play what I felt like, disco to techno. Got a few compliments and was asked to play at a Beach party (from my work, with a few 100 people, big company) from the boss as well!

I brought my own speakers which were quite shitty though ($50 speakers), so did most with sync, I found it quite hard to beatmatch with such a shitty sound. Onto the next party!

Congrats! Few things beat the high after a good gig :)

bowery

bok bok did a 60 min mix at the end of mistajams bbc radio 1 show

Bok Bok and Tom Trago - Get Me What You Want
Hysterics - Eye Mask
Deamonds - The Hug
RA's Al - Luv Thang Relick
Kay Drizz - Bang
L-Vis 1990 - Ballad 4D (Georgia Girls Bootleg)
Martyn - Vancouver (Head High Remix)
Dizzee Rascal - Wheel (Fraxinus Refix)
DJ Richard - Nailed To The Floor
French Fries - Bug Noticed
Imaabs - Pumps (MikeQ Remix)
Neana - Bowkat
Hysterics - Empty (Deep Mix)
Bok Bok - Howard
Deamonds - Dejo
Mega - Unknown Title
L-Vis 1990 - Signal
Bok Bok and Soloman - Silo Hoe
Gundam - Questions
Girl Unit - Double Take VIP
Bok Bok and Sweyn - Payaya Lip Gloss
Bok Bok and Kelela - Melba's Call

Shaneus

Funny, I checked out that Chromeo album a couple days ago. These guys know their way around a great hook, but I really dislike the production. Something about it is too sharp/harsh on my ears.
100% hear you on that. I think I really enjoy it as an album, but not as a Chromeo album. Part of their appeal was the slightly ghetto production on their tracks, and the new album kind of throws that out the window completely.

If you can, try and listen to it with a different mindset.

miksushag

jesus. Spontaneous booze and SNES Mario Kart. Thank god I didn't start spamming youtube links here, we were listening to older uplifting trance.

Dreaver

Loving the new KiNK album, he's fucking awesome live as well. I'd really love to have his skills to produce this kind of music live. Such an energetic guy as well.

live performance of KiNK.

Also saw Karenn, Matador and Oscar Mulero for the first time this weekend (and a few including Surgeon for the second time). Karenn is such a great live act as well.

okno

The thing I love most about KiNK is the fact that he pretty much always has a huge smile on his face. Dude just loves doing what he does and it really shows in his performances.

Edit: finally checking out his album and holy shit is it good!

Shaneus

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Makes no sense that his visa would get denied. Fucking sucks.
What?!? Holy shit, even I managed to get over there for a pinball festival! It's a double-blow especially since he's overcome his fear of flying so he could tour overseas.

Man, I weep for you guys :(

okno

This is niiiiiiiice. That underwater bass is fantastic.

My boyfriend and I went on a day trip to this tiny little town about two hours north of NYC a couple of months back. The only thing to do, because it was still winter, was to go to the plethora of resale shops throughout the place. Found this one place that was HUGE and awesome with an enormous record collection (mostly old bluegrass and folk). Anywho, dug through a bunch of boxes and bought a ton of random $2 records because they just looked interesting (no way to preview them in store).

Shelved most of the records until the other day when I decided to put one on randomly for fun while getting dressed. Turns out it was this, in absolutely pristine condition. I freaked out when I realized what I had bought: ESG - Moody (Remix)

edit: there's a sublime remix of Level 42 - Starchild on the back.

injurai

Banned
This is niiiiiiiice. That underwater bass is fantastic.

My boyfriend and I went on a day trip to this tiny little town about two hours north of NYC a couple of months back. The only thing to do, because it was still winter, was to go to the plethora of resale shops throughout the place. Found this one place that was HUGE and awesome with an enormous record collection (mostly old bluegrass and folk). Anywho, dug through a bunch of boxes and bought a ton of random $2 records because they just looked interesting (no way to preview them in store).

Shelved most of the records until the other day when I decided to put one on randomly for fun while getting dressed. Turns out it was this, in absolutely pristine condition. I freaked out when I realized what I had bought: ESG - Moody (Remix)

edit: there's a sublime remix of Level 42 - Starchild on the back.

Kano - I'm Ready

Saw this in the suggested tracks on that Moody remix. Felt it needed posting.

Top Bottom