• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Aaaaand I just bought my pass for the Monegros Festival

j1wQ3Ly.jpg

The line up is kind of brotacular, but IDGAF.

Liberty City- Some Lovin has been repressed randomly after 24 year. Nice to get it for £7 new not $40 second hand!
Got fuck all to play it with but oh well!
Link

Shaneus

That line up is horrific. See Maceo Plex.....and mayyyybe Jamie Jones.
Yeah, Maceo Plex when I saw him last year (this year?) blew away all expectations. A lot deeper and darker than I expected, insane production across the set. Only one in that lineup I like, tbh.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Holy fuck, I didn't know Derrick motherfucking May was visiting Spain this week.

I'll be watching him live with a lady friend who may be even more obsessed with him than I am. And I'm really fucking hyped.

I got the Bleep:10 record over the weekend, super rad. It's got:

Lone
Machinedrum
Autechre
Modeselektor
Nosaj Thing
Oneohtrix Point Never

and more

oh, how could I forget Untold and Fuck Buttons?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
My vacation starts tomorrow and I'm flying out to Berlin for four days and then Ibiza for 3 days. Do you guys have any recommendations for clubs/parties to go to in Berlin? I know they have a really good clubbing scene I'm just not familiar with too many clubs outside of Berghain (which is apparently impossible to get into) and Tresor.

Widge

I've only just discovered Pye Corner Audio. From one listen through of Black Mill Tapes Vol 4, I went and immediately grabbed the 3 & 4 purple/vinyl 12"s from Boomkat.

injurai

Banned
Solid Steel Radio Show 13/6/2014 Part 1 + 2 - Akkord
Muslimgauze - Yasser Arafats Radio [Staalplaat]
Akkord - Channel Drift [Houndstooth]
Cloud Boat - Amber Road (The Haxan Cloak Remix) [Apollo]
Akkord - Undertow [Houndstooth]
Andy Stott - Execution [Modern Love]
Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement - They Shoot Men With Flying Fish & Travel In Waterspouts Or On Rainbows [Bed of Nails]
Akkord - Smoke Circle [Houndstooth]
Talk In Silence - Rust [Unreleased]
Autechre - Tankakern [Warp]
Shackleton - The Rope Tightens [Skull Disco]
Akkord - Greyscale [Forthcoming Houndstooth]
Fenton - 0096 [Unreleased]
Kerridge - Waiting For Love [D/N Records]
Akkord - Continuum [Forthcoming Houndstooth]
Curve - Falling Free (Aphex Twin Remix) [Anxious Records]
Diamond Version - Empowering Change [Mute]
Akkord - Gradient [Forthcoming Houndstooth]
Troy Gunner - Backstab [Forthcoming EMF]
Raime - The Dimming of Road And Rights [Blackest Ever Black]
Killing Sound - Eight Methods [Blackest Ever Black]

Hyroglifics - FABRICLIVE X Critical Sound Mix

okno

My vacation starts tomorrow and I'm flying out to Berlin for four days and then Ibiza for 3 days. Do you guys have any recommendations for clubs/parties to go to in Berlin? I know they have a really good clubbing scene I'm just not familiar with too many clubs outside of Berghain (which is apparently impossible to get into) and Tresor.

Berghain isn't impossible, just difficult. If you get there when it opens on Friday you'll have an easy time getting in. A little known secret is to enter through Lab.Oratory, but you might find that to be a bit of an extreme entrance ;) Definitely check out Watergate and about://, I've heads phenomenal things about them. There's also an open air club on the river that I can't remember the name of that is supposed to be AWESOME. Have fun!

Oh, also, if you try to get into Berghain, try and look as un-American as possible. A lot of people have told me this and it worked for them, so...

Top Bottom