• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Ital - Endgame (Samples)

Sounds amazing. I highly reccomend "Hive Mind" if you haven't heard it, blissed out hypnotic tripped out house. This takes the same vibe but moves genres to techno. From the snippets, could very easily end up my AOTY (Hive Mind blew me away).

CoolOff

To re-establish my rep after the Kygo-debacle, here's a 937 songs long Spotify-playlist that I think a lot of you would like. I'm a member of a Facebook-group where people post stuff that's snobbish enough, and for personal use I started saving them:

EMSNOBS

Everything from Classixx to really obscure techno.

okno

dope house sesh tonight. shouts to cooloff

okno?

WHY DO YOU INSIST ON DOING THESE ON NIGHTS THAT I HAVE NO WAY OF JOINING IN ON?!

I just finished spinning records at Halcyon, gotta go to a bullshit play now and then I'm going to a terrible bar with terrible music to watch some go-go boys dance.

Guess what I would rather be doing right now?

miksushag

10358569_612524632194720_1992166606760383345_n.jpg

From our terrace party this night. Me at the back, gray shirt. Waffles cooking there hahah

injurai

Banned
yeah... there is no way in hell that Unknown / HATE was a project that existed between 1991-1994. No way something from back then would have such crystal audio engineering.

Miles, Andy and GH are takin' the piss, but it's for our benefit. Hardcore Jungle like that is a rare find these days. Can't wait for them to "sort" through those "hundreds" of unreleased dub plates and white labels. I'm itching for them to be "re-released"

I'm surprised how much I like DJ Dodger Stadium's LP seeing as I haven't been a big fan of Jerome's recent stuff. Love Songs is definitely my favourite.

I love it, it's the catchiest thing since sliced bread

Damn, so good. B side track "Hard" preview is up on Itunes, gonna be nice.

edit: anyone else hate continuous play on soundcloud? jesus.

ooh thanks for that, sounds great also

Lemonade has to be one of the worst things I have ever heard. Like everything I hate about happy hardcore bundled through a Pon De Floor track generator. Nothing redeemable.

Apparently this person did XLR8R's track of the year last year. God knows how. I get that there is a drive to always look for new territories. It's just... well, some territories might well be formed from distilled sulfur. No need to set up camp there.

Have you heard Bipp? I doubt you'd like it either though probably. Sophie seems to be very polarising. I'm definitely in the for camp.

ariana grande x cashmere cat surfaced - if you care about this type of garbage (i love it)

oooh
I was taken aback for a sec when I heard he was on her new lp but then I got immensely keen
sounds tops

OG Kush

Got tickets for 7th november Warehouse Project Manchester... lineup:
GORGON CITY
BONDAX
REDLIGHT
B-TRAITS
WAZE & ODYSSEY
ARTWORK
ZINC
w/ MC TIPPA
WOOKIE
MY NU LENG
KIDNAP KID
CITIZEN
MAK AND PASTEMAN
NORTHBASE
MEDIATE

Really wanted to go the first event which has SETH TROXLER,CARL CRAIG, TALE OF US, JACKMASTER, BEN UFO & PEARSON SOUND, LEON VYNEHALL, HARRI & DOMENIC, MR TIES, KRYSKO, GREG LORD
but my mates aint really into these artists so had to settle for something a bit more "digestible". Still excited though, a few decent nights for this years WHP lineup.

Widge

I'm trying to wrangle the RA & Jamie XX/Jon Hopkins nights. Heartbreakers as the other nights I'd go to are on the same weekends. Quite something when you're declining Caribou/Four Tet and Innervisions.

Widge

So, a new Route 94 EP 'Misunderstood' is out. I couldn't care less about his work anymore. Am I the only one here?

I've been off this sort of MOR house thing for a while now. I just keep hearing the same track coming out under a different name as far as I'm concerned. However, there is quite a casual population out there who are lapping up this sort of thing, so there is your popularity in a nutshell.

In other news - I bought records:

Leon Vynehall - Butterflies / This Is The Place
Parada 88 / The Young Gentlemans Adventure Party - Gonna Get You / Adventure Party
Lowtec - Workshop 20
Lay - Portrait 01 (co-produced by Floating Points)
Behling & Simpson - SloMo Acid
Lawrence - Blue Mountain

You've probably heard a portion of these, the others I cannot even track down a stream for!

gdt

So, a new Route 94 EP 'Misunderstood' is out. I couldn't care less about his work anymore. Am I the only one here?

I haven't heard it but the last EP and select tracks my pretty fucking awesome. Freak, Forget the Girl, etc. That My Love track was ok. I get the feeling he's dropping that rawness and just focusing on top 10 house tracks. I'll definitely give the new EP a listen however. Fly 4 Life was fire.

okno

I've been off this sort of MOR house thing for a while now. I just keep hearing the same track coming out under a different name as far as I'm concerned. However, there is quite a casual population out there who are lapping up this sort of thing, so there is your popularity in a nutshell.

In other news - I bought records:

Parada 88 / The Young Gentlemans Adventure Party - Gonna Get You / Adventure Party
Lowtec - Workshop 20
Lawrence - Blue Mountain

You've probably heard a portion of these, the others I cannot even track down a stream for!

Didn't realize Lowtec had a new joint out, niiiice! Really dig his style, you just never know what he's going to come up with. Still rinse Coldred out regularly. You should peep his remix of Dusty Sock by Flori, ridiculous shit.

Also did not know about the new Lawrence EP! Glad I saw this, as this will go perfectly for my gig on Sunday!

And how the hell did you snag Adventure party? It's going for $350+ on Discogs!

Widge

And how the hell did you snag Adventure party? It's going for $350+ on Discogs!

International Feel 31 - double AA with that and Parada 88 (which doesn't even retail on Discogs thanks to being limited to 30 vinyls- but yeah, that would be £200 again). I got wind of it being reissued and pestered Phonica to stick it up for pre-order so I could bundle it into the stuff I bought!

The Lowtec one is great (http://www.phonicarecords.com/product/lowtec-workshop-20-workshop/123647 for snippets), really woozy and Lawrence is on excellent electronic form here (http://www.phonicarecords.com/product/lawrence-blue-mountain-mule-musiq/122529).

Widge

I'll have a scan and feed back. Not quite got the mental strength for Tenaglia's Balance mix yet. Pretty much 2 hours wall to wall main room techno, such drop, very breakdown, many hooks.

Widge

I've got no tracklisting for the GU but I've picked out Erotic Discourse (must be the Dense & Pika remix). EDIT: WRONG - it's Daniel Avery, easy mistake to make, I saw the TL over on Resident Advisor.

Anyway, one disc is bumpy and certainly verges on the progressive territories that you would associate with GU, the other is much more melodic in an organic sense. So it's your typical one disc "up", one disc "down" structure. Which is more appealing than Tenaglia's two hours of hammering main room fare.

It actually seems pretty decent from the briefest of scans. I wouldn't say it'll change the world, but its will pass a couple of hours. Can see that mellower disc being the one I'd run out the most.

bowery

new murlo mix

Murlo x Samrai x Fox - Downtown Uptown Special
Gizo - Makofa Aba (Instrumental)
Cyphr & Sudanim - U Most
Slackk - Ancient Dolphin
Ynfynyt Scroll - Freetown
Bushido - Palm Trees
Massacooramaan - Mausambi
Plastician - Shallow Grave (Wen Remix)
LV - Imminent (Shriekin' Remix)
Mariah Carey - Shake it Off (Detroit Remix)
Spooky - Peach Cream
Shriekin' - Go!
Trends ft. Riko Dan - Run Dem Down
Ruff Sqwad - Xtra (Murlo Boot)
Zuse - Red (Murlo Boot)
Murlo & Novelist - One and Only
Murlo - Hiccup
Massacooramaan - Toxoplasm
Mike Q & Sinjin Hawke - Thunderscan
Inkke - Thinkk Star (Gage Remix)
T_A_M - Panchollo
Tarquin - Bananas
Zed Bias ft. Trigga & Flowdan - Poppit
Sharda - Bumper 4x4
Murlo - Pharaohs (Dubbel Dutch Edit)
Zoe - Staring Back (1st Born & Ussy mix)
Murlo - Cold Stroke VIP
Dark0 - Black Rose
Slackk - Crafty Tiger
Brackles - Deep Blue
Abel - Girls (Rizzla's Revenge Mix)
Katie Pearl - Make it Official

miksushag

Was there a comment somewhere I missed?

Either way, thanks! Insane track.

There was something along the lines of 'edit selects ambient beauty' or something, :) Saved you 2 minutes of googling thats all, it's from his newest lp

edit: Haha, well that's Woo York - Cold Wedding out on Soma! =)

Top Bottom