• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Morro! said:
Hey Electronic Music GAF, wanna listen to some of my disco / house mixtapes ?

This one is a bit old but i still luv it
Deep Space 7

I lost the artwork lol
Tracklist:
Linkwood & House Of Traps - Barely Eagle
Rocha - Hands Of Love (Fingers Of Sand)
Jarle Brathen - Søder
Hercule - Sunday Morning Fever
Runaway - Your League
Ilija Rudman - Two Face Love
40 Thieves - Don’t Turn It Off (Brennan Green Remix)
Social Disco Club - Man Of Magic
The Diaphanoids - Mermaids Of Lunaris (A Blackjoy Discomix)
Spatial & Co - Bass Power
Broadway - Kiss You All Over
Smith & Mudd - The Delivery Man

And this one is newer, but i had a hard time trying to mix it, you can hear some terrible tempo changes here, i still love the tracklist tho

Disco For Beardy Kids

2vwustx.jpg

Tracklist:
Eddie Kendricks - Going Up In Smoke (Super Value Edit)
6th Borough Project - Stratus Quo
Dennis Parker - Like An Eagle (Todd Terje Edit)
Pilooski - AAA
C.O.M.B.i. - Kill
GQ - Disco Nights (Frico Edit)
Glitter Band - Makes You Blind
Joey Negro - Beyond The Dance (The Revenge Demo Mix)
Saturday Night Band - Don't (SDC Edit)
Brooklyn Dreams - Music, Harmony & Rhythm (Stupid Human Edit)

I'm still learning how to mix, that explains some terrible fades you might found here. I hope anybody in the mood for some disco schnizzle enjoys them!

Wow, these mixes sound very interesting... I'm a biiiiig fan of Todd Terje, 6th Borough Project, The Revenge, and Ilija Rudman. Will have to check them out when I'm not at work (Soundcloud is blocked here).

btkadams

Johnlenham said:
Edit: listened to it a few times and this might come of as a backhanded compliment but its a fuck load better than your previous work :) Alot of good tunes aswell.
The beginning is fucking weird but it made me chuckle so ill let you off :lol
hahah yeah i decided i had to have it say "coloured" somehow. thanks for the listen!

Shaneus

New Underworld single is out... "Scribble". Can be downloaded for free from their website. It's a collab. w/ High Contrast and basically sounds just like a High Contrast track with guest vocals from Karl.

I'll give it a chance, but why can't they just sound like Underworld?

subrock

Shaneus said:
New Underworld single is out... "Scribble". Can be downloaded for free from their website. It's a collab. w/ High Contrast and basically sounds just like a High Contrast track with guest vocals from Karl.

I'll give it a chance, but why can't they just sound like Underworld?
doubt I'm gonna like it. I dont think I want to ruin my sweet sweet underworld memories.

Shaneus

subrock said:
doubt I'm gonna like it. I dont think I want to ruin my sweet sweet underworld memories.
Yeah... don't. But if recent Underworld has been anything to go by, they should get some sweet folks on to do remixes ie. Tiefschwarz, Oliver Huntermann, Audiojack, Fake Blood...

So after being a fan for 10 years, I'm finally going to see Autechre next weekend!

In preperation, I'm listening to nothing but Autechre today :D

joelseph said:
blogs, hypeem, mediafire.
Such as? I imean Ive heard of maybe two songs tops from both Touch bass and btkadams mix's and stuff like it is never played on the radio (or rather there is only one radio show at 10pm on a Friday that might)

btkadams

Johnlenham said:
Such as? I imean Ive heard of maybe two songs tops from both Touch bass and btkadams mix's and stuff like it is never played on the radio (or rather there is only one radio show at 10pm on a Friday that might)
i follow some blogs but i seem to be using them less and less. i follow a lot of artists on facebook and twitter so it always shows up in my feeds when they say theres a new track of theirs.

BUT the BIGGEST and most IMPORTANT place that i find music now is beatport.com. it's a pay-to-download music store, but it really is helpful to find music even if you're not looking to buy. you can make an account for free and follow record labels and artists so that when they put out new tracks, you can hear them and are notified. then if you want to buy them you can, or you can probably search for them online somewhere. the previews are also 2 minutes long so they really give you a good idea of each track. i've used it to hunt through back catalogues of artists i like and to hear their older stuff that might not be that widely known.

joelseph

btkadams said:
BUT the BIGGEST and most IMPORTANT place that i find music now is beatport.com. it's a pay-to-download music store, but it really is helpful to find music even if you're not looking to buy. you can make an account for free and follow record labels and artists so that when they put out new tracks, you can hear them and are notified. then if you want to buy them you can, or you can probably search for them online somewhere. the previews are also 2 minutes long so they really give you a good idea of each track. i've used it to hunt through back catalogues of artists i like and to hear their older stuff that might not be that widely known.

I like Juno, seems to have a better selection of dub and properly labeled.

subrock

bookmarks2.jpg

I crawl these blogs once a month. I find blogs are a good way to find stuff you arent looking for. Most of my tracks on my mixes were sourced through these and I'll hit beatport etc if I need to find better versions or remixes.

subrock said:
bookmarks2.jpg

I crawl these blogs once a month. I find blogs are a good way to find stuff you arent looking for. Most of my tracks on my mixes were sourced through these and I'll hit beatport etc if I need to find better versions or remixes.
1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

btkadams

Johnlenham said:
when you're a dj you have to keep up with new tunes. i follow a lot of those blogs. my list is maybe 10 less than that though. i try to check them every day.

EDIT: totally didn't catch that last one.

subrock

DECK'ARD said:
Seriously, Electro House is DEAD. Sorry!

Fidget/Wonk goes mainstream this year when Alex Metric and Fake Blood's albums come out, as well as more Mustard Pimp ...

And the new 'underground' electro is Nu Disco (WONDERFUL).
may be dead, but I'm still loving the uplifting-core stuff. finding it hard to play the jams the the crystal-castles-esquse distortion wrapped leads. I'm liking the cleaner sounds right now.

subrock

Also, I'm the featured weekend mix/DJ on 1200dreams.com . dont know much about them but someone put in the effort to give me a little write up and some links to my stuff so the effort is appreciated. thanks if it was because of any of you guys. :D

Shaneus

subrock said:
may be dead, but I'm still loving the uplifting-core stuff. finding it hard to play the jams the the crystal-castles-esquse distortion wrapped leads. I'm liking the cleaner sounds right now.
This. I can't stand fidget... feels like it has no, um, "soul".

PS. Just saw Zabiela play tonight... was fucking blown away. Minimal fucking around with the effects, but what he did was perfect. Song selection was fucking epic too, did not skip a beat. Also got the promotional CD signed by him at the end of the night, nicest DJ alive.

Spent his whole set Shazamming tracks on the iPhone (used 70% battery :lol ) and only came back with a handful of tracks. But thanks to him, I've discovered possibly the most gorgeous electronic artist that ever lived:

UQ+Label+Night+06+-+Nina+Kraviz.jpg

and this track:
Nina Kraviz - I'm Gonna Get You

Seriously blown away by this track. Thanks James!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Shaneus, yeah I saw Zabs play in the city last year (along with Aeroplane and Hercules and Love Affair). Really friendly DJ, personally shook the hands of everyone in the audience, sadly most of the crowd came to see Hercules (who I didn't like at all, even though the Frankie Knuckles rmx of "Blind" is awesome) and left... he played a nice set, good mix of tech house and breaks. Alongside Ferry Corsten, one of the nicest and most charismatic DJs.

Here's Laydee Jane, my favorite female DJ (looks-wise). She's Czech (love eastern euro women!!!)

jane3.jpg

subrock said:
my personal fave: Blondtron ;)
Vancouver chica, getting into production, cute as heck.
her newest mix with Sam Demoe here: http://www.mediafire.com/?m3ffm2dt3mm
16443_294988340455_571675455_947038.jpg

her with dude from DIE ANTWOORD
29868_10150157934710456_571675455_1.jpg

her with TOUCH BASS :D
n660030130_5462726_7884.jpg

That picture from her and the guy from Die Antwoord made me search for their female singer (of the Die Antwoord) Yolandi Visser:

That's from her Facebook-page:
33yg9cx.jpg

Comparison picture:

A-150-1113652-1222874466.jpeg

Mind = blown.

Btw. did someone hear anything about the latest Faithless album?

I've been out of the techno world for a bit, but need some for today at work. I just found IAMX - KINGDOM OF WELCOME ADDICTION, and it got me in a techno mood.

Can anyone provide me with some newer GOOD techno (along the lines of Daft Punk/Discover/etc) links? (i.e. youtube, or some song names I could look up on youtube?)

I'm open to new things right now.

subrock

You are probably inviting some nomenclature rage by calling electronic music techno but I'll feed you some suggestions. Try grabbing some of the mixes posted on this page and see if any of it strikes your fancy, or hit hypem.com and listen to the chart. There will definitely be some good discoveries in there.

joelseph

Major Williams said:
I've been out of the techno world for a bit, but need some for today at work. I just found IAMX - KINGDOM OF WELCOME ADDICTION, and it got me in a techno mood.

Can anyone provide me with some newer GOOD techno (along the lines of Daft Punk/Discover/etc) links? (i.e. youtube, or some song names I could look up on youtube?)

I'm open to new things right now.

Stick with Daft Punk, Justice and Girl Talk. Best techno in the world.

joelseph

BOY 8 BIT ESSENTIAL MIX for BBC Radio One (5/14/10)

http://hotfile.com/dl/43015998/7186b05/Boy_8-Bit_-_Essential_Mix_15-05-2010.mp3.html

LOOK AT ALL THEM TASTY WHITES! <3<3<3<3 Roy Apron

* 01. Boy 8-Bit — The Blood Tide [White]
* 02. Aleem — Get Loose Dub [NIA]
* 03. Eli Escobar — Glass House [Plant Music]
* 04. Patrick Turner — Planets Align [Inversus Records]
* 05. DJ Sprinkles — Grandcentral Pt 1 (MCDE Remix Dub) [Endless Flight]
* 06. Ali Love — Love Harder (Jokers of The scene Unreleased Remix) [White]
* 07. Gui Boratto — The Glam [Kompakt]
* 08. Kolombo — Acai [Boxer Recordings]
* 09. Liz Cirelli — Ultraviolet [LouLou]
* 10. Kaiser Souzai — Altocumulus Floccus (Piemont Remix) [Yellow Tail]
* 11. Visti & Meyland — All Night Long (Trentemoller Remix) [Eskimo]
* 12. Justin Martin — Get Low [Dirty Bird]
* 13. Diamond K — Damn Track [White]
* 14. Boy 8-Bit — Tropical Heat [White]
* 15. Mele — Bombay (Nadastrom Remix) [Mixpak]
* 16. DJ Will Roc — Twilight Zone [Unruly]
* 17. Zombie Disco Squad — The Duke Sound [Made To Play]
* 18. Footsteps — Worker [White]
* 19. Detroit Grand Pubahs — Sandwedges (Unknown Mix) [White]
* 20. Ron Hardy — Sensation (Obi Blanche Remix) [White]
* 21. Carte Blanche — Black Billionaires [Ed Banger]
* 22. Alan Fitzpatrick — Green Light [Tokio]
* 23. Boy 8-Bit — Yard Birds [Turbo]
* 24. Boy 8-Bit — The Keep [This is Music]
* 25. Boy 8-Bit — Baltic Pine (Roy Apron Dub) [White]
* 26. Ink & Needle — Thirteen [Tattoo]
* 27. Bookashade Vs Mandy — Donut (Boy 8-Bit Remix) [Living the Dream]
* 28. Boy 8-Bit — An Impending Sense Of Doom [White]
* 29. MMM — Nous Sommes [MMM]
* 30. Pig & Dan — Terminate [Cocoon]
* 31. Leftfield — Phat Planet (Dave Clarke Remix) [Hard Hands]
* 32. Thomas Schumacher — Red Purple [Spiel-zeug Schallplatten]
* 33. Joe and Will Ask? — The Rusty Pig [Gulp]
* 34. Florence and The Machine — Drumming Song (Boy 8-Bit remix) [White]
* 35. Yousef — Come Home [Cocoon]
* 36. Josh One — Contemplation (King Britt Remix — Mat Playford Edit) [Social Problem]
* 37. Rodriguez Jr. — Pandora [Leena Music]

joelseph said:
Stick with Daft Punk, Justice and Girl Talk. Best techno in the world.
Not a huge Justice fan, and girl talk brought up a bunch of rap remixes on youtube by him that really were distasteful IMO.

Any others? Thanks for the recommendations though!

Also, I know electronic music is not techno, but I couldn't find a techno thread, so I just posted in here hoping the similarities would draw a crowd who likes both.

joelseph

Start with Subrocks mixes, if you want something different try the Boy 8-bit mix I posted above. If none of that tickles your fancy just start going backwards, there are tons of mixes with tracklistings in this thread.

subrock said:
You are probably inviting some nomenclature rage by calling electronic music techno but I'll feed you some suggestions. Try grabbing some of the mixes posted on this page and see if any of it strikes your fancy, or hit hypem.com and listen to the chart. There will definitely be some good discoveries in there.
That website is sick, I must have found like atleast 9 songs/remixes in the last few days that are awesome.

Slizz

Has this been posted yet??

Laserproof.jpg

1. Bulletproof (Nacey Remix ft. Matt Hemerlein) Major Lazer & La Roux
2. Colourless Artibella Major Lazer & La Roux
3. I’m Not Your Lemonade + Heroes n Villans Remix Major Lazer & La Roux ft. Gucci Mane
4. Independent Kill Major Lazer & La Roux ft. Candi Redd
5. Keep It Fascinating Major Lazer & La Roux
6. Magic (Falling Soldiers Dub) Major Lazer & La Roux
7. In 4 The Kill Pon De Skream Major Lazer & La Roux
8. Houstatlantavegas Pains Major Lazer & La Roux ft. Drake
9. Tigerlily (DYWHAP Blend) Major Lazer & La Roux ft. Rusko
10. Can’t Stop Now (Armor Love Remix) Major Lazer & La Roux
11. Quicksand (Mad Decent 2010 Rerub) Major Lazer & La Roux ft. Amanda Blank
12. Cover My Eyes (Costra Nostra Edit) Major Lazer & La Roux
13. I Said It (Major Lazer Dubplate) Major Lazer & La Roux ft. Opal
14. Hold Yuh (Double Dubplate) Major Lazer & La Roux ft. Gyptian

DL

.....super fire......

Fusebox

Banned
Shaneus said:
This. I can't stand fidget... feels like it has no, um, "soul".

PS. Just saw Zabiela play tonight... was fucking blown away.

No shit? I though you'd seen him before. I've been pimping him for years, he makes most other acts on any bill look like slack-jawed jukeboxes.

Shaneus

I said that to my mate and he mentioned that too... so perhaps I have but he would have only been doing a main stage gig so he would've been more tricks than music selection. I did kinda see him as part of One Plus One many moons ago at We Love Sounds in Melbourne but I really wasn't into them as I was there for Spirit Catcher.

Top Bottom