• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

BeeDog

Woo York usually kicks ass, great style of techno. But damn, did Avery pitch down the track.

Shaneus, I suggest you to check out Woo York - I Am Against, one of my favorite techno tunes recently.

Widge

Marquis Hawkes newie on Creme Organisation.

https://soundcloud.com/cremeorganiz...aptive-brain-dysfunction-out-late-august-2014

Tunnel jumped out at me due to the Origin Unknown sample. However, on hearing the full thing, I can't decide whether the sample sounds totally off over the first breakdown or not.

I've slapped it into a mix I'm constructing on Ableton at the moment to ummm and ahhh about. Said mix was meant to be a bumpin' house thing but sounds like it is going to be a smooth electronic number instead. I just can't get into party gear when doing pre-arranged sequenced stuff.

okno

Marquis Hawkes newie on Creme Organisation.

https://soundcloud.com/cremeorganiz...aptive-brain-dysfunction-out-late-august-2014

Tunnel jumped out at me due to the Origin Unknown sample. However, on hearing the full thing, I can't decide whether the sample sounds totally off over the first breakdown or not.

I've slapped it into a mix I'm constructing on Ableton at the moment to ummm and ahhh about. Said mix was meant to be a bumpin' house thing but sounds like it is going to be a smooth electronic number instead. I just can't get into party gear when doing pre-arranged sequenced stuff.

You should snag 'Outta This Hood' for the track "Like Dat". It'll work well in that context.

Dreaver

Anyone get to attend Dekmantel in Amsterdam this year? It was their 2nd one so far and everything I've heard about it makes me really really want to go next year.
Read this articles/reviews:
http://www.xlr8r.com/features/2014/08/dekmantel-festival-2014
http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=15442
http://crackmagazine.net/music/dekmantel/
http://www.electronicbeats.net/en/features/reviews/drunk-on-vibes-dekmantel-festival-reviewed/
I was planning to go but my friends didn't want to go anymore. I was ok with it but now I really regret it. Fuuuuuuuck. Definitely going next year, only 30 mins by train from my house.

okno

How the fuck does one go from feeling like going to Dekmantel to NOT feeling like going to Dekmantel? I would've given a kidney to go, the lineup was unreal!

Get new friends!

Dreaver

How the fuck does one go from feeling like going to Dekmantel to NOT feeling like going to Dekmantel? I would've given a kidney to go, the lineup was unreal!

Get new friends!

'I've already spend too much money'. Besides, most of my friends are more into the more mainstream techno like the Drumcode label instead (which I find quite boring in general).

Widge

22 Tracks

\o/

'Daniel Jacques - Today We Move' came from me. Absolutely destroyed that release over the past couple of months, by far the best Mistress outing yet imo.

Actually suggested a load of other things like Jorge Velez - Wrecks [from LIES 046], but I was away from my collection when we had to fire mp3s across, had an ALAC but no means of converting.

13 days left to enjoy noise.

okno

http://plug.dj/the-jamz/

Anyone around? Gearing up for my gig tomorrow, so I'm digging deep into my collection and felt like putzing around.

Friendly reminder for you NYC peeps: I'm opening for Frank & Tony tomorrow on the roof of Output from 2-4pm. It's only $15 and it's going to be amazing!

bowery

virgil abloh uploaded a new mix, keep in mind this guy is very influential to kanye in terms of bringing him new sounds...expect some of these artists on the new ye album?

FIRST LOVE - VISIONIST
CAN’T WAIT TO - LUNICE
THATS NOT ME FLAT WHITE BENJI B DUBPLATE - SKEPTA
HARD FT. DAVID RODIGAN & NEWHAM GENERALS
COLD NITES - COLTA
STEP 8 FREESTYLE - WILEY
AVALANCHE 2 - JME
LINGER DUB - VARSITY
ORIGINAL NUTTAH - SHY FX
GANJA MAN - GANGA MAN
WALK FOR ME - DJ RASHAD
CCP - DJ RASHAD
THE BOX RE-OPENS - MISSIN
BY MYSELF FT. GT GARZA & DJ CORY B - BEATKING
DONTRESISTFEVER - NYCPARTYINFO / LOUISAHHH
GO WEAK - BODDIKA PEARSON SOUND
BETSEY SMITH - STEVE POINTDEXTER
MERIDIEN S-DOS - NSDOS
TECHNOLIGIC - DAFT PUNK
ONE TWENTY - LIL SLIVA
RIDDLE MANARE
HARDCOURAGE VIP - FALTY DL
DANCING OMAR & ZED BIAS
ICY LAKE (L-VIS 1990 REMIX) - DAT OVEN
OFF WHITE V4.0 - LIL UZI VERT
OKAY TO DANCE VIP - KINGDOM
WORK THEM - RAMADANMAN
THE RAVEN - JAM CITY
RING AROUND THE MOON CZ REMIX - SINDEN CZ REMIX
FOREIGN - WIZ KHALIFIA
INTRO - TEEFLI

okno

I'm sorry, I'm really not one to brag or boast but HOLY SHIT I'm so sad you all could not have made it to the party.

Widge

^^^^
I didn't gel with that for some reason, it just didn't spark into life for me. Not bad, didn't make me want to rip my headphones off and set them on fire or anything.

Just got my hands on a post-Minilogue album by Sebastian Mullaert. Got a soft spot for Minilogue related things, even if a single track can hijack 30 minutes of your life at a time!

That'll be my afternoon listening planned.

lush

(click image for link)
Richard Maxfield – Sine Music (A Swarm Of Butterfiles Encountered Over The Ocean)
Unknown – Untitled
Unknown – Untitled
Daphne Oram – Purple Dust
Arca – 2 Blunted
Asusu – Velez
Kassem Mosse – Untitled A3
Neuroshima – Scanner
Bluntman Deejay – Astat
Airhead – Macondo
Randomer – Residents
Mr Assister – Bala
DANCE – Heyvalva Heyvalva Hey
Airhead – October
Unknown – Untitled
Unknown – Untitled
Hakim Murphy – Fire Bang
Valerio Tricoli – Error
Untold – The Curse
Unknown – Untitled
Pearson Sound – ??
Joe – Studio Power On
Airhead – Shirin
Airhead – Shekure
Dean Blunt – The Narcissist

okno

That Imre Kiss EP gets better with every play.

I'm still on the fence on if I want to buy the vinyl now or just wait for the inevitable MP3 release. They seem to be putting up all of their releases on their Bandcamp page. I love it, but do I vinyl love it? I don't know... I also really want that Rawaat record, but, again, it's hard for me to justify the price of the vinyl when I know the mp3 is just around the corner. I do prefer playing vinyl over CDJs now, but I ain't rich. I nearly spent almost $17 on this cracker Binh record yesterday, but just got the MP3 for $4 instead. Sounds sooooo good on vinyl, though, so much deeper. But, is it $17 good? I don't know...

I've had that DJ Wada plate on repeat since I got it home. Sounds so amazing on a good set of speakers.

Widge

I'm still on the fence on if I want to buy the vinyl now or just wait for the inevitable MP3 release. They seem to be putting up all of their releases on their Bandcamp page. I love it, but do I vinyl love it? I don't know... I also really want that Rawaat record, but, again, it's hard for me to justify the price of the vinyl when I know the mp3 is just around the corner. I do prefer playing vinyl over CDJs now, but I ain't rich. I nearly spent almost $17 on this cracker Binh record yesterday, but just got the MP3 for $4 instead. Sounds sooooo good on vinyl, though, so much deeper. But, is it $17 good? I don't know...

I've had that DJ Wada plate on repeat since I got it home. Sounds so amazing on a good set of speakers.

That's what I'm saying about it. For vinyl, I want a "will I play it out?" aspect. Much as I love the Imre Kiss thing, its something that is going to sit on my phone for blank eyed commutes and such things.

I also prefer vinyl. Purely from the perspective of having gone to an 80 capacity gig (wonderful thing, Winter Son & more in a basement) where I envisioned me lugging my S4 and a laptop into a crammed booth.

Vinyl, simple, immediate and it is surprising how many releases don't pop up on other sources. Wouldn't mind going hands on with CDJ's though, never used.

hey guys, im thinking of starting a new music related site and I'd like your input. What are you favorite music sites and why do you like them? Also, what are you gripes, is there something that you want in a site that you don't think currently exists?

miksushag

hey guys, im thinking of starting a new music related site and I'd like your input. What are you favorite music sites and why do you like them? Also, what are you gripes, is there something that you want in a site that you don't think currently exists?

Are you talking about something like a blog or something like a magazine (fact, residentadvisor etc)?

Top Bottom