• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Widge

I find it better than 120 Midtown Blues.

Got some bits of it on vinyl thanks to the weird Skylax pressing. Cut the LP up into a load of 12's.

Re: my track search. The new LIES is just the ticket.

Servbot24

Banned
3642774.jpg
Omar-S-Thank-You-For-Letting-Me-Be-Myself-albumrecensie.jpg

K-SHE - Routes not Roots and Omar-S - Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself. Two of my favorite albums ever.

damn fine post

okno

Hey guys,

Had the day off from work today, so I spent the entire day dicking around in Reason and ignoring all of my chores and recorded my first ever complete track. Pretty happy with the results, actually. Would love to hear some thoughts on it! If you can guess the sample, you get a prize!

Eirikur - Don't I Know You?

Widge

I just discovered that Uncanny Valley, one of my favorite house labels, has a sublabel: shtum.

They just released this belter of an EP: Jacob Korn - shtum005 Funky fresh techno, kind of completely in love with it.

Korn's recent release on Uncanny Valley is also pretty fucking amazing.

edit: Epic! Giegling Showcase @ Trans-Pecos 9/27

Can.Not.Wait.

Yes, I want my hands on that. I got Schtum 003 by Yor. I'll have to go check Uncanny Valley, if only for a memory refresher.

The LIES release coming out next week sounds excellent, its exactly the track I want to stick in the end of my mix.

https://soundcloud.com/l-i-e-s/simoncino-beyond-the-dance-lies-053

lush

Mila J - Smoke, Drink, Breakup (L-Vis 1990 Remake)
Kelela & Le1f - OICU

RA Live - 2014.07.30 - Bok Bok @ RA BBC R1 Dance Radio Takeover
01 - Dreams - Missed Calls
02 - Neana - Scrub
03 - Kowton - Bits and Pieces
04 - L-Vis 1990 x Ikonika - Mr Cake x RZ1
05 - Moleskin - Turnt On (Runway Mix)
06 - French Fries - Bug Noticed
07 - L S D X O X - v x x d x x p v s s y (Extended)
08 - Lucretio - If We Change
09 - Bok Bok - Howard (Helix bootleg 2)
10 - Kay Drizz - Shake That Donk
11 - Bok Bok - Da Foxtrot (Neana bootleg edit)
12 - Bok Bok x Helix - Foxtrot Bring It Back
13 - Ikonika - You Won't Find It There VIP
14 - August Alsina - Down Right Now (Deamonds edit)
15 - Girl Unit x Neana - Rez Kat
16 - Jam City - 500 Years (Georgia Girls bootleg)

Widge

New music showcase from our lord and master over at Inverted Audio:

http://inverted-audio.com/listen-to-ia-radio-9-tonight-on-bloop-9-11pm-bst

Amusingly IA is blocked at work for some unknown reason, so I can't get into the link to get the full details.

Should feature this though:

1. Lee Gamble ‘Untitled Reversion’ [PAN]
2. Abstract Matters ‘Interplanetary Connection’ [Cynosure]
3. DNGLS ‘Vultura’ [Anemone Recordings]
4. Andreas Gehm ‘HKX’ [Solar One Music]
5. Ghosts On Tape ‘Only Now (Innerspace Halflife Remix)’ [Icee Hot]
6. Hodge ‘Resolve’ [Punch Drunk]
7. Seb Wildblood ‘Come Into My House (Kommune1 Remix)’ [CHURCH]
8. Edward ‘Yes’ [Giegling]
9. Herva ‘And The Crunch Goes On’ [Delsin]
10. Roman Flugel ‘We Have A Nice Life’ [Dial]
11. Patricia ‘Drip Dawn (JTC's I-94 Lick)’ [Spectral Sound]
12. Pev & Hodge BELLS (DREAM SEQUENCE) [Punch Drunk]
13. Goldie Wilson (Achim’s 140 BPM Mix) [Freund der Familie]

Widge

I like 120 better. The overall mood of serenity is better composed throughout the lp.

I think the opening track ruins it for me. Not the diatribe but what it moves into. Found it one of the least evolving or interesting of the Sprinkles tracks I've heard. Plenty of other goodies on there but I feel K-SHE has a lot more diversity to it.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So... I've suddenly had a 180 on Sophie. Shit is legit good.

Lemonade-luh-luh-lemonade. Candy boys-cuh-cuh-candy boys.

Still not feeling Lemonade at all, but then again, I'm into Bipp pretty hard right now after hating it for about a year. Maybe this will help the new stuff click for me more quickly.

Sohpie's working on something called QT with Diplo and AG Cook that sounds phenomenal. In that same PC Music vein, Ponibbi's Heartskip is un-fucking-believable (if you're into the style, at least.)

bowery

sophie and diplo is a good mix, someone needs to bring the weirdness back into diplos music a la florida/piracy funds terrorism/top ranking

injurai

Banned
bipp is pretty damn good, but lemonade is pure trash. Sophie is skirting a line of chaotic and extremely interesting on one side, with neurotic and immature on the other side.

If sophie wasn't so dripping in that vogue sexual vibe it would be out of vogue and would be a modern equivalent to happy hardcore.

gdt

Sophie's Nothing More To Say is the best of his stuff. It's also the most traditional.

Edit: though Bipp ain't no slouch

lush

damn, why is that qt clip so short? sounds ridiculous.

guess we'll hear more at the raybans x boiler room la show tonight

BeeDog

Tin Man - Ode

Can't wait for this!

Bee Dog: peep this: Pris - If She Cracks, She Bears

Just got this yesterday, the whole EP is stellar.

Thanks for the suggestion, good stuff.

Anyway, some of my recent highlights while scouring through the pre-orders on Red Eye:

Various - I Care Because You Don't (check out track B, "Dance Company - Berzerkerz (Hardcore Young Team)", one of the best oldschool tunes in ages!)

Ejeca - Nebula EP ("Prototype" is the most techno track Ejeca has ever done, and it's a banger)

Widge

That Pris is relentless.

Re: redeye

What a great sale section they have! Been picking through it for weeks, putting aside in their save for a future shipping thing. Got workshop 06, some Aus stuff, Ostgut ton, and have seen loads of stuff I full priced in there.

okno

Red Eye are the best. I had that Nous Ethos Series remix EP on pre-order, and they let me exchange it for that Pepe Bradock re-press with no extra charge! I emailed them yesterday when they were closed and woke up today with a dispatch email!

Anywho, I just picked up this amazing piece of wax yesterday: Covio & Argenis Brito - Want 2 Great little bubbly techno workout. God Particle is a new label based out of Chicago and all three releases so far are pretty stellar, although GP001 is a bit weak, in my opinion.

FREEBIE ALERT: Uncanny Valley, who I mentioned above, is giving away some of their older records gratis! These are records that they felt were special, but flew under the radar for whatever reason. Get 'em while the gettin's good! https://soundcloud.com/uncanny-valley-dresden

Top Bottom