• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Widge

This is a goodie that I've been sent. No soundcloud so shop snippets only:

Artist: Capracara
Title: Fake Drukqs / Blue Balloon
Label: One Day Wonder

Following releases for Unknown To The Unknown, DFA and Cómeme, Capracara returns with two decisive club tracks for the first release on new label, One Day Wonder. Two tracks, 'Fake Drukqs' and 'Blue Balloon' switch up old school, UR-inspired techno next to big-boned, speed garage that twists the punch of vintage Kevin Saunderson into mid-90s style Armand Van Helden…

http://www.phonicarecords.com/product/capracara-fake-drukqs-blue-balloon-one-day-wonder/124241

Pure party vibes, laser zaps, rave pianos, 8bit space invader swirls. Flip has some full on speed garage vibes, hell of a lot more energy than the Last Magpie stuff though.

EDIT:

This from LIES black, straight up house vibes:

https://soundcloud.com/l-i-e-s/terekke-yrlv-lies-blk-07

and I need to grab a copy of this:

https://soundcloud.com/feelmybicep/satisfy-john-talabot-rainmix

potentially could edge out something in the mix I'm doing.

thabiz

10 years of beatport.

BEATPORT1.jpg

BEATPORT4.jpg

how the fuck did umek sneak in there.

bowery

genres only exist in the world of journalism and marketing and nowhere else, cant stand that shit - like what the hell does deep house mean?

thabiz

genres only exist in the world of journalism and marketing and nowhere else, cant stand that shit - like what the hell does deep house mean?
Yeah. When I'm looking to buy tracks, I just listen to everything on their site, rather than narrowing it down.

lush

weirdest boiler room ive seen. eric wareheim hosting via skype. futuristic kabuki during sets. sophie had someone in drag perform his set. set was fun as hell. qt was some performance art shit where the full version of hey qt was the only thing played while some chick with bangs danced like ariana grande.

still hudmo, lunice, eclair fifi, and VERY SPECIAL GUESTS to go

Shaneus

10 years of beatport.

BEATPORT1.jpg

BEATPORT4.jpg

how the fuck did umek sneak in there.
That's what I thought... so many shit acts and Umek is right in the fucking middle. Good on him on what is otherwise a pretty massive shitshow.

fucking lol at dubstep, I've never seen such a bastardized confused and divided scene
lol yeah. I'm depressed about Breaks being second-lowest, though. Love to see that make some kind of a comeback.

PS. Who the fuck is Martin Garrix?

Edit:
Sorry, biz. Won't be making it tonight.

Here's a present for you: Voiski - A Star In Your Head
Christ almighty.

fucking lol at dubstep, I've never seen such a bastardized confused and divided scene

Most people I know dont fuck with digital, especially beatport, that spike is going to be people buying up endless brostep tunes before really badly made trap then edm.
Especially as it was around in 2004 onwards but is only on there from 09 (proabably Bengas album time) then it went up from there into skrillex and is now coming out the otherside.

injurai

Banned
Most people I know dont fuck with digital, especially beatport, that spike is going to be people buying up endless brostep tunes before really badly made trap then edm.
Especially as it was around in 2004 onwards but is only on there from 09 (proabably Bengas album time) then it went up from there into skrillex and is now coming out the otherside.

now we are also seeing 04-05 dubstep relabeled as future garage and bass music

honestly, that graph is pretty shit, thought not surprised because it's beatport

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to the Cyril Hahn rooftop party in Brooklyn in a few hours. Pretty psyched! Can't wait to chill on a rooftop listening to the soothing sounds of Mr. Hahn with drink in hand.

Shaneus

depressing indeed. Breaks and jungle are what I live for.
You have no idea how heartbroken I was when I went to see Meat Katie at a festival three or four years back and he was playing quite generic (it seemed at the time, at least), deep 4/4 bangers. Even though I don't dance to it (need a certain kinda drug for that!) I went in expecting this kinda stuff and left sorely disappointed.

injurai

Banned
You have no idea how heartbroken I was when I went to see Meat Katie at a festival three or four years back and he was playing quite generic (it seemed at the time, at least), deep 4/4 bangers. Even though I don't dance to it (need a certain kinda drug for that!) I went in expecting this kinda stuff and left sorely disappointed.

Let's not forget when DJ Shadow was kicked out of a clubbed that booked him. I'm trying to get into producing, hopefully when the world is ready for breaks, I'll be there to guide them.

daviyoung

Banned
made a quick mix for y'all

http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/68028735/file.html

1. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasuredome
2. International People's Gang - PS
3. Maurice Aymard and Gui Boratto - Home (Aiby Mix)
4. Brodhertz feat. Katie Bregman - For Two
5. Reinier Zonneveld - Illusion
6. Joao Martins - Show Me
7. Edy C and Juri Paik - Sunshine in Hvar
8. No-One and Elliot Duquai - Clockwork
9. Skymate - New Path
10. Sven Tasnadi - On Your Mind
11. Akio Imai - Unite (Felipe Le Contee Mix)
12. Elias Funes and Adriano Mattioli - Beauty (Thomas Stoffer Mix)

Shaneus

Let's not forget when DJ Shadow was kicked out of a clubbed that booked him. I'm trying to get into producing, hopefully when the world is ready for breaks, I'll be there to guide them.
Was that because he played something breaky? That's both hilarious and really sad.

gdt

The new Rustie is pretty disappointing. Too many shitty rappers/singers, weird pop trap, and just plain boring. No Glass Swords uniqueness, and not too many straight bangers, so what the fuck is the point.

Everytime you think LA has worn you out there's a weekend like mine around the corner. The past three days of my life, excluding non-electronic acts.

Friday, Boiler Room x Ray Ban

Oneohtrix Point Never (B, but tbh I was raiding open bar and tacos during most of his set)
Sophie (B+, fake trans Sophie was a blast)
QT (D, sound was super off, crowd had no idea what was going on)
Hudmo (C- performance, A- theatrics)
Lunice (B+)

Saturday, FYF Day One

xxyyxx (C+, lol they set up the wrong equipment for him)
Todd Terje (B+)
Caribou (B+)
Four Tet (B, mostly due to exhaustion from how awful the event planning for FYF was. Festival was a mess. Security, lines, sound staging. All bad Saturday)
Grimes (C+)

Sunday, FYF Day Two

Jessy Lanza (A)
Les Sins (A)
Kelela (B)
Daphni (B)
Daniel Avery (B+)
Darkside (S Rank incomparable one of the two best performances I've ever seen)
Flylo (A++++++++ spent the entire time before talking about how nothing could live up to Darkside even as much as we love Flylo and then he did his damnest. Didn't quite get there. Hoping he plays Low End Wednesday)

gdt

The new Dusky EP is great. Dusky has this thing where their baselines are really....umm chunky and fat I guess. I dig it, especially when they pair it with a catchy sample.

Ejeca's Contemplations EP is really good. Really laid back house music, but its pretty much the same kind of stuff he's been doing for awhile.

Digging Tomas Barfod's Pulsing EP.

Oh lawdddddddddd that Shlomo and Jerimih EP. Gonna rank on my list at the end of the year for sure.

New Velour is the hotness.

So is the Shlomo Vacation EP.

gdt

I'm still waiting for Bwana - Flute Dreams to released tbh. This guy hasn't put out music in years while he was finishing school or something. But on Twitter he's saying he's finally back in and DJing again and new music is coming soon. Good cause Flute Dreams is a ridiculous track.

Edit: Hell, Jacques Green played this track on a BR a year ago and at that point I think it was a year old.

Top Bottom