• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Kozak

Banned
If you're judging electronic music based on the title of the track you pretty much confirm that you are lame :)

But based on some of your posts, it looks like you just have it out for "twerking" so I'll let it slide.

Besides, New World Sound have the superior "Flute" track.

Always good to see Aussie talent doing well and even better that Avicii's LE7ELS label picked up the track.

Widge

Good god, How To Twerk needs to lose its vocal. Subscribing to of the moment pop culture is a shortcut to having a shelf life of pre-packaged fruit at the best of times.

Outside of that:

Bad organ bassline.
Bad piano riff.
Bad drop'n'trancesynth motif.

I mean it's nothing that wasn't done in the nineties. I think I'd rather fire out Livin' Joy's Dreamer than this.

Sounds perfect for MTV friendly clip shows. The sort of thing that needs 15-30 of "dance music" to drop in.

Anyway, can't see what this does in advance of a hell of a lot of other tracks out there. I can get my fill from sitting through a Tomorrowland advert.

collige

Banned
I might skip on both Rustie and The Bug. Everything I've Green Language sounds pretty whack and the D Double collab is probably the most disappointing thing I've heard all year. Angels & Devils sounds better but pretty samey. Oh well :/

thabiz

I might skip on both Rustie and The Bug. Everything I've Green Language sounds pretty whack and the D Double collab is probably the most disappointing thing I've heard all year. Angels & Devils sounds better but pretty samey. Oh well :/

dont skip Bug. great record. its basically two seperate albums. side b is a completely different vibe from side a.

lush

Lawrence – Teaser 2 [Kompakt]
George FitzGerald – ?
Simian Mobile Disco – Tangents [Anti Records]
Marquis Hawkes – Tunnel [Creme Organization]
Daniel Avery – All I Need (Roman Flügel remix) [Phantasy]
Imre Kiss – Non [Lobster Theremin]
Björk – Violently Happy [One Little Indian]
xxxy – Evade [Ten Thousand Yen]
Crystal Maze – Orchidea Nera [Echovolt]
Barnt – Chappell [Hinge Finger]
George FitzGerald – ?
Locked Groove – Enigma [Hotflush Recordings]
Skudge – Phantom (Seldom Felt Remix)
Trikk – Abstract Language [Man Make Music]
Randomer – Huh [L.I.E.S]
Fold – ?
Phil Gerus – Voice to Voice Lip to Lip [Man Make Music]

Widge

Marquis Hawkes – Tunnel [Creme Organization]

I'm going to check it just for this.

I previewed this a good while ago and was immediately drawn in by the Origin Unknown sample. First thing I did was stick it in a mix and it highlighted the difference between 1 minute snippet and full length track. The first break where it drops to the sample, it sounds like it sits really unnaturally over the top. In fact, when I tried to layer an outro over it, it sounded like it was utterly out of time. A total trainwreck. Also felt the main synth hook in it had all the emphasis in the wrong places (something that one of the other tracks had too).

A rare instance where I've gone from loving an EP and that feeling eroding over successive plays.

Let's see how it works here.

EDIT:

Mixes out before break, which you have to. That sample still sounds wrong wrong wrong. It might just be my own head and internal metronome. The low notes in the sample seem lost and you absolutely have to hear them hit.

gdt

Hmm George Fitzgerald album coming soon? That's awesome he never disappoints.

Hopefully that track from the Will Saul DJ Kicks will be there.

bowery

wow "Murlo & Gemma Dunleavy - Deep Breath" i need this and cant decide if i like the mila j sdb lvis 4d remix or murlo remix etter

Did anyone get the Metalheadz Platinum Breaks Vol.4 CD around here? I sorta slipped up and lost track of its release but it was supposed to have came out in February.

Tell me it's worth it. And tell me dBridge and Vega's True Romance is up there :)

Widge

Incredibly tempted to press BUY on Path Of Most Resistance based on recommendations here.

Have that - Richard Fearless - Higher Electronic State -> Mitsumi - Look At Your Feet Down Below -> Simoncino - LIES 075 - all sitting in a basket taunting me.

okno

Incredibly tempted to press BUY on Path Of Most Resistance based on recommendations here.

Have that - Richard Fearless - Higher Electronic State -> Mitsumi - Look At Your Feet Down Below -> Simoncino - LIES 075 - all sitting in a basket taunting me.

I got my copy of Path the other day :) The pressing is possibly the best quality I have ever seen and sounds totally gorgeous.

So, I'm crazy excited to share this with you guys. My label is about to release an album in three parts on vinyl in October, and we're releasing clips for the first EP today. It's called You Go Girl (each EP is one word) and it's by Frank & Tony, aka Francis Harris and Anthony Collins.

http://m.soundcloud.com/scissorandthread/sets/frank-tony-you

This EP is special, as it has a vinyl exclusive collab with DJ Sprinkles. The clip hardly does it justice! The full track is 12 glorious minutes of Sprinkle-ism. Thought you guys might like it :)

Edit: I should mention that the album as a whole is fucking brilliant.

HiResDes

I like this Shelter album by Moire and I still think the Pixelord is super under appreciated. And I just copped the new Claude Speed after hearing so many good things

Widge

So, I'm crazy excited to share this with you guys. My label is about to release an album in three parts on vinyl in October, and we're releasing clips for the first EP today. It's called You Go Girl (each EP is one word) and it's by Frank & Tony, aka Francis Harris and Anthony Collins.

http://m.soundcloud.com/scissorandthread/sets/frank-tony-you

This EP is special, as it has a vinyl exclusive collab with DJ Sprinkles. The clip hardly does it justice! The full track is 12 glorious minutes of Sprinkle-ism. Thought you guys might like it :)

Edit: I should mention that the album as a whole is fucking brilliant.

Holy shit, you run scissor & thread?! Don't know how I missed that. I've picked up a few bits for review in the past (covered a Bob Moses ages ago, plus always pick up the stuff if I see it via the various portals).

Hopefully this'll pop up in the usual sources, will pick it up and try to run with it. Lots of big Sprinkles/Francis fans at IA.

EDIT:

Have a lovely video we did with Francis Harris everyone.

leadbelly

Banned
An old skool Slipmatt set. Done for radio. He talks a lot through it though. Noticed he has all his old skool tracks on digital now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZqHSiCvdjY

I was thinking they must be good quality. Then I noticed he has put a number up on Soundcloud. Mainly his remixes.

For example:
https://soundcloud.com/slipmatt-1/dj-seduction-live-together-sl2
I love this track. Both this remix version and the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7hTZVOa190

Edit: Actually the soundcloud one isn't the full song. It's a better version than the one on youtube though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdTBESO_uOE

gdt

Oh man I'm so excited for this. New Shanti Celeste EP on Broadwalk coming 9/8

Universal Glow EP.

Her last EP, Days Like This was fantastic.

Edit: Awww, going by the previews she isn't singing on this new EP. Gotta say thats a bummer, I love her voice. Oh well. Still excited.

okno

Holy shit, you run scissor & thread?! Don't know how I missed that. I've picked up a few bits for review in the past (covered a Bob Moses ages ago, plus always pick up the stuff if I see it via the various portals).

Hopefully this'll pop up in the usual sources, will pick it up and try to run with it. Lots of big Sprinkles/Francis fans at IA.

EDIT:

Have a lovely video we did with Francis Harris everyone.

Haha! I just now made the connection with your avatar :) Pretty sure you guys just had a mix up recently from another guy on the label, black light smoke. I don't run the label, per se, but I now have my hands in nearly all capacities of production. I've only been working with them since May and it's been wild so far, but a blast. I've known Francis for about two years now, really great guy! Ps: there's no video. Pretty curious to see what it is you're referencing! If you ever have any questions about a release/what not, let me know!

Widge

What they hey? Copy paste issue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieY7_YFrmr8

Yeah, I think we have had a few scissor and thread link ups. I was all set to cover Minutes Of Sleep but just about everyone on every site pitched that one!

Good to make the connection though, I'm sure we'll do some bits in the future. I'll keep an eye out for this newie popping up, if it follows form, I know where to look.

When I get a proper moment, I'll dig out an interview for the thread where Francis questions Terre. Always a fascinating read.

Off topic: who wants to play a game of "I wish id got the traumprinz release before it sold out"?

okno

The newie with the tracing paper sleeve. I passed it by and just reconsidered...

I can get it from the Giegling site at least!

Hah, was just about to tell you that! Bought my copy just now :D Listened to All the Things and it is fire!

Top Bottom