• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

Our label night for Boiler Room has finally been uploaded!

Frank & Tony
Gry Bagoien (you see me in the background around the 16:40 mark, brown hair and a beard with my back on the wall)
Black Light Smoke

If you see a tall guy in a red checkered shirt, that's me.

There was an additional hour and a half closing set done by F&T that hasn't be uploaded for some reason. You can hear towards the end some cuts off their upcoming album, most notably "Companion" with DJ Sprinkles. The whole thing was sponsored by Skyy vodka, so they turned the office into a makeshift bar that was helmed my "modeltenders", gorgeous models that had no business making cocktails. Was a weird, drunken night.

lightus

For anyone wanting something really chill, Blackedout released his new album yesterday. I'm really enjoying it so far.

artworks-000089852474-j3v2jp-t200x200.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/blvckedout/sets/r-i-p-blackedout

ilium

giegling usually gets a lot of love everywhere, but i have to admit their releases just don't "click" with me.
except for die wiese im garten (dwig).
I FUCKING LOVE his productions. really excited for his next release on Laut & Luise, one of my favorite labels.

https://soundcloud.com/lautundluise/sets/preview-lul007

so happy orange sun finally gets released and big tales is amazing as well. can't wait to play it. too bad summer is almost over...

ilium

But... Giegling!

some releases are ok but the hype is pretty obnoxious tbh and i never understood it.
but i think it's highly subjective anyway so whatever floats your boat ;)

Edit~
just saw that you're working for scissor & thread. funny, knew i had FAT001 lying around here somewhere hehe
SAT04 is somehwere too but can't find it right now

fat001grsum.jpg

okno

I'm with ya. I don't love everything Giegling does, but they are a sign of quality so when you see a release come out from them you know it's at least worth a few listens. Anything Dwig does is gold, by the way. Love the guy.

Nice going with FAT001! 003 is easily my favorite release by F&T. They're quality guys. I don't love everything they have released, but so far their releases have been top notch. Black light smoke has made some serious secret weapons for me, and he's also just a really rad guy to chill with. Gry's latest EP is excellent and I just adore her to pieces. Such an awesome person and artist.

ilium

SAT003 is great, love the original mix. Thought i have it but apperently not. Knew i wanted it back then but looks like i didn't buy it. :/
Just ordered giegl02 from Discogs tho, 15€ + shipping. Really happy about it because the other two seller want 55€ & 70€. Was the only dwig release i didn't have yet.
He's playing in Berlin next month, really looking forward to, never saw him live.

Guess i'm a fanboy. :D

lush

4KpCrCS.jpg

Mike Slott - Simple Dreams of Simple Days
Geinoh Yamashirogumi - Theme of Tetsuo II
Spaceghostpurrp - Success
French Montana - Ain't Worry Bout Nothin' (Acapella)
Rick Ross feat. Young Jeezy - War Ready
Lunice - Steady Flexin'
Deniro Farrar feat. Lunice - Let It Burn (Instrumental)
Future - Sh!t (Acapella)
Meek Mill - Levels
Nicki Minaj - Lookin' Ass
Lunice - I See U
Drake feat. Soulja Boy - We Made It
Machinedrum - DDD
CJ Flemings - Ain't Ready
Visionist - Pursue
Inkke - Lego Riddim
French Fries - Yo Vogue
PARTYNEXTDOOR - Make A Mill
Kelela - Floor Show
Jacques Greene - Afterlife
TY Dolla $ign - Missionary
Lil Durk - DAWUW (Instrumental)
Rockie Fresh feat. Lunice - Superman OG (Instrumental)
Kanye West feat. Mr. Hudson - I'm In It
Soulja Boy - Ferrari
ILoveMakkonan - Tuesday
Yung Gud - U Want Me
Kanye West feat. Big Sean - I Don't Like (Acapella)
TNGHT - Uh Uh
Future feat. Pusha T & Pharrell Williams - Move That Dope (Acapella)
Tommy Kruise & High Klassified - Washington
Lunice - Can't Wait To
TNGHT - Top Floor
Lunice - Century
Drake - OVOXO (TEAMS 8 TRUST EDIT)
http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-episode.aspx?id=432

Widge

Going through Flying Lotus - You're Dead. If you want more of Cosmogramma, then you're in luck. Slightly less scattergun and hectic though, dips into smoother moments, some are incredibly Warp-ish (which sounds ridiculous, but FlyLo never really sounded like archetypal Warp).

joelseph

I lost a good friend yesterday. He introduced me to techno 15 years ago. If you know anyone that is struggling with dependencies or depression call them tonight and let them know you love them. RIP Brandon.

Dreaver

I lost a good friend yesterday. He introduced me to techno 15 years ago. If you know anyone that is struggling with dependencies or depression call them tonight and let them know you love them. RIP Brandon.
Ahh man... I hope he rests in peace. :(

My condoleances.

injurai

Banned
Saw DJ Shadow and Cit Chemist last night in Boston. Renegades of rhythm tour. Amazing 2 hour mix through Africa Baambaata's record collection. Quite a bit of stuff I didn't recognize but that really didn't matter. Interplay between the two was excellent, and this was only the second time they have performed this set.

Jealous, that sounds awesome.

last friday was probably the best time ive had playing. The place had this awesome house party vibe. About 150 people there, it was hot as fuck and everyone was dancing right in front of me. I went on at almost 1 am so I sort of just banged it out for an hour. I was high off of that for like 3 days haha.

https://soundcloud.com/clarkdprice/clark-price-live-cured-962014

Tracklist:

Vin Sol - Real Fresh
Jared WIlson -Girl, I’m Waitin
DJ Funk - I’m So Hii
Christian S - Pitch Rider
Phuture - Times Fade (Club Mix)
Swayzak - Hausfrau
Recloose - Tecumseh
Seven Davis Jr. - Beautiful
MCDE - Raw Cuts (Marcellus Pittman Remix)
FCL - It’s You (MK Mix)
Parris Mitchell - Computer (Remix)
Omar S - Simple Than Sorry!!
Urban Tribe - Program 1
Theo Parrish - Feel Free to Be Who You Need to Be
Marcello Napoletano - Everyday Madness
Itsnotover - Brotherhood
Radio Slave - Repeat Myself (Rodhad Remix)
Rick Wilhite - Playcism (Mike Huckaby Reconstruction)
Sandman - Machines Like This
Ecstacy Club - Jesus Loves The Acid
Rodenion - Wave Amplitude
LFO - LFO
Oni Ayhun - OAR003-B

Top Bottom