• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

miksushag

Well said, fucking horrendous was the other description I would've used for green language.
It was just, I don't know. 'Glass Swords' still holds up, one of my favourite lps for sure.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Prydz right now, 2 hours into his three hour set. Holy shit this man is a musical genius. He is absolutely killing it. Definitely in my top 3 sets of all time.

lush

Bicep – BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix 2014-09-27
Bicep - Intro - WHITE LABEL
Hammer and Bicep - I Believe - FEEL MY BICEP
Morten Sorensen - Start Something (40 Thieves Remix) - TIRK
Foolish Felix and Ray Mang - Who Said Beats? - ESKIMO
Daniel Jacques - End Of My World - MISTRESS
Times Are Ruff - Cut2 - TIMES ARE RUFF
The Matthew Herbert Big Band - People That Make The Music (Edit) - PHONO
Kingpin Cartel - Ghetto - PURE PLASTIC
Jacques Renault - Got to Believe - LPH WHITE
Danell Dixon - Touch Me (Touch Da Drum Mix) - SEX TRAX
Dionne - Feel Da Rain (D'Pac Dub) - KMS
John Swing - Don't Want It - RELATIVE
Ellis D - My Loleatta (Dish Apella) - MINIMAL RECORDS
Art Crime - Release - W.T. RECORDS
Neville Watson - Songs To Elevate Pure Hearts (KiNK & Rachel Remix) - CREME ORGANIZATION
Anil Aras - Dance MF - WHITE LABEL
Sleezy D - I've Lost Control (Clap Tool) - TRAX RECORDS
Bicep - Day 3 - FEEL MY BICEP
Mr. G - Back To Love - NO. 19 MUSIC
Agoria - La 11ème Marche (Rollercoaster Mix) - PIAS RECORDINGS
Nathan Fake - Falmer - BORDER COMMUNITY
John Lawrence - Prototype For DJs Not Born Yet - FEEL MY BICEP
Hammer and Bicep - Untitled - FEEL MY BICEP
Ferrer and Ferrer & Sydenham Inc. - Timbuktu (Pan-African Electro Dub) - IBADAN
Minilogue - Elephant's Parade - WAGON REPAIR
Solaires - Strange Encounters (HVCK Remix) - UNTZZ
Deadboy - Return - NUMBERS
Bicep - Desire (Bootleg) - WHITE LABEL
EOD - Phontron (030303 Mix) - 030303 RECORDS
Energy 52 - Café Del Mar (Bicep Remix)
DJ Carl Cox - I Want You - PERFECTO
http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/39496336/file.html

gdt

I hate when all these secret songs go into mixes and they aren't released till like years later. Looking at you right now Bicep. Now it's white label stuff too? -_-

okno

I hate when all these secret songs go into mixes and they aren't released till like years later. Looking at you right now Bicep. Now it's white label stuff too? -_-

Jumping the gun a bit? We have no idea when these tracks are coming out, and a lot of times DJs/producers don't like to start playing out new material until they have received test presses from the pressing plant, because they will then start distributing them to DJs who will help spread the word. With how badly pressing plants are backed up now, the time from test press to official release can be 3+ months. So, simmer down. simmer down.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys haven't seen this yet, I HIGHLY recommend listening to the 3-hour Eric Prydz EPIC 3.0 set:

Eric Prydz - Live @ Madison Square Garden (EPIC 3.0) 2014

I was at the show and it was absolutely mind-blowing. The music itself was fantastic but combined with the spectacular light show and holograms the event was on another level.

Here's a video Prydz just posted on his FB page that gives you an idea of what it was like:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152316718671962&set=vb.10869241961&type=2&theater

miksushag

fffffffffffffffffuckkkkk!
I've been scrolling through like a hundred of ministry of sound compilations from the early 00's. Searching for a house tune that I guess was posted here also. Early 00's ibiza house vibes (junior jack, roger sanchez etc) with a really famous piano sample that has been used in some other famous tune also.
Any help?

edit: His "artist" name was a two part name like Roger Sanchez, sounded like a latino name or something.

BeeDog

I've been scrolling through like a hundred of ministry of sound compilations from the early 00's. Searching for a house tune that I guess was posted here also. Early 00's ibiza house vibes (junior jack, roger sanchez etc) with a really famous piano sample that has been used in some other famous tune also.
Any help?

edit: His "artist" name was a two part name like Roger Sanchez, sounded like a latino name or something.

Paul Johnson - Get Get Down?

Widge

Mad how long stuff can get sat on. Couple of tracks from Ben Klock's fabric only came out this year.

EDIT:

Daniel Jacques - End Of My World - MISTRESS

everyone always plays this one! Today We Move was my biggie from it.

Widge

Any help?

Ralphie Rosario or something like that? David Morales?

miksushag

Wasn't any of those you guys posted, thanks anyways.

Jam City - Earthly III Mix
https://soundcloud.com/jam-city/earthly-iii

DJ Oneman - Solitaire Vol. 3

https://soundcloud.com/djoneman99/oneman-solitaire-vol-3

1. Spooky Black - Take The Blame So I Don't Have To
2. Paul Fisher - On My Life [Mr. Mitch 'If U Mean It' Rabit Mix]
3. Mickey Pearce ft Denzel Curry & Sweyn Jupiter - Better Lean*
4. Ikonika - You Won't Find It Here [VIP] Alex Deamonds Edit]
5. Future ft. Pusha T - Move That Dope [J.D. Reid Remix]
6. Cliques - Chro [Wen Remix]
7. Jim-E-Stack - Run
8. Todd Edwards - I'm Not Afraid *
9. Tom Trago - One Trago Jam *
10. Bicep - Lyk
11. Rae Sremmurd - No Type
12. Denzel Curry x Logos - Steel Pulse x Zone 3 [GAGE Edit]
13. Dro Carey - ITSFOMO
14. Ethulwulf - What's The Play
15. Baauer - Comp Aliz [XCLUSIV]
16. Taskforce - Laojiao
17. Young Thug - I Just Might
18. Tinashe - 2 On [DJ Uniiqu3 Remix]
19. Alex Coulton - Equilibrium
20. Lil Wil x Dat Oven - Hit My Icy Lake [Total Freedom x Rabit Edit]
21. DJ Smokey - Racks Everywhere
22. Chief Keef - F
23. Skepta - Not Your Average Joe
24. Lil Ugly Mane - Last Breath
25. D Double E - Wolly [Oneman Dub]
26. Mumdance ft. Riko - Take Time [XCLUSIV]
27. Sam Tiba - Don't School Me*
28. Kingdom - Sippin Choral
29. Stormzy - Not That Deep
30. Youngstar - Formula 2
31. Sinden ft. Main Attraktionz - Space Walk *
32. Myth x Beatking - Throw That Ass x Air [Rabit Edit]
33. Dro Carey - Deepwell
34. Fekky - Still Sittin Here [Grime Allstars Remix]
35. Chemist - Defiance [Rabit Remix]
36. Mumdance ft. Tim Vocals - Animal *
37. Canblaster & Sam Tiba - Tension [XCLUSIV]
38. Ryan Hemsworth ft. Trim - Difficulties *

Widge

Headless Ghost - Swept Illusions (Dorisburg + Arkajo Remixes)

HOLY SHIT. Fun fact: Dorisburg and Arkajo are part of Genius of Time. These are some serious heavy hitters, can't wait to get this.

Great this, from Royal Oak's hot shit patch. It is the beat-y remix that I love the most. I love it where crowd chatter becomes percussion.

In other news, the IA top tracks of September with uuutubes:

http://inverted-audio.com/feature/top-tracks-september-2014/

1. Traumprinz – All The Things
2. Aphex Twin – minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix]
3. Lee Gamble – Motor System
4. Gunnar Haslam – Dunsinane Hill
5. Rrose – Drowned by Sight
6. Roman Fluegel – We Have A Nice Life
7. Moiré – Attitude
8. SHXCXCHCXSH – This Hmming Raverie
9. Airhead – Macondo
10. Call Super – Hoax Eye
11. Ital – Endgame
12. DNGLS – Vultura (Original Mix)
13. Andrea – Draine
14. Orphx – What Will Burn
15. Bruce – Just Getting Started
16. Objekt – Ganzfeld
17. Marquis Hawkes – Tunnel
18. Tripeo – Nargy
19. Kwartz – Form And Void
20. Omar-S – This Muthafuk’ka

(I only contributed Airhead, agree with a lot, do not like Marquis' Tunnel - went from loving to disliking in a strange lifecycle)

Space ape died :(
Hyperdub wrote:
We are devastated to announce that on Thursday 2nd October, Stephen Samuel Gordon aka The Spaceape, vocalist, poet and live performer, passed away peacefully after a 5 year struggle with a rare form of cancer.
He leaves behind his wife Luciana and 6 year old daughter, Cleo. His first release was the 1st release on Hyperdub, 'Sine of the Dub' in 2004 with Kode9, with whom he also released 2 albums, Memories of the Future (2006) and Black Sun (2011).
In 2012 he also self-released the Xorcism EP, appeared on the track 'Spaceape' on Burial's debut album in 2006, and also collaborated with The Bug, Martyn, Jerry Dammers, Redshape, Dub Gabriel, the Echologist and more. Last Monday he released his new EP with Kode9, 'Killing Season' including the video 'Devil is a Liar' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dtc4Y4Xyjo which was filmed in July 2014.
Our sincere condolences go out to his family and friends, and all who have been touched by his writings and performances. His Hyperdub family will always miss him.

Kraftwerk

Love that art.

Listening to it now. Very, very interesting. Will have to fully delve into it when I am alone and in a specific mindset.

heres my set from the intergalactic fm radio show

https://soundcloud.com/dr-sleep/intergalactic-fm-18-clark-price

Round One - I'm Your Brother (Chicago's Twisted Mix)
Paul Du Lac - Access
Outlander - Brain Expedtion
Innerspace Halflife - Fodder
Last Session - Sometimes I Feel Like (Chicago Vox Mix)
M&M - So Deep, So Good
Minimal Man - Consexual
Floorplan - Let's Ride
Midland - Safi
JD Twitch - Flowers and Bees and Birds and Trees (Bonus Beats)
Midland - Checkbob
DJs Pareja - No Paren
DBX - Electric Shock
Photek - Glamourama
Blaze - My Beat (Derrick Carter’s Disco Circus Mix)
Oshana - Acid Disco
Moodymann - Shades of Jae
Red 7 - Lost My Shoes on Acid
Thomas Krome - The Real Jazz
Matrixxman - Protocol
Blondes - Lover (A JD Twitch Optimo Mix)
Sandman - Sandcircles

okno

Not quite sure if this is kosher, but I'll risk it.

We just unveiled the newest signing to Scissor and Thread today, a secret that we've kept under super tight wraps for the past six months. It's a little group by the name of Desert Sound Colony and me thinks some of you will enjoy it. Definitely peep it if you dig Tycho, Washed Out, Bob Moses, Walls, etc etc etc. Super hazy, melancholic pop / house goodness. Sounds dope on vinyl.

BeeDog

Andy Stott leaked a couple days ago. Quite underwhelming though. He continues to get significantly worse with every release. :(

I fully understand if someone's disappointed with it since the album is not dub techno at all, but I love it. Dark, thumping, analogue.

gdt

This is way cool. These guys put out great stuff on their label (often vinyl only -_-)

http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2014/10/waze-odyssey-curates-upcoming-co

While keeping themselves busy on the release and gigging fronts over the past few years, UK pair Waze & Odyssey (pictured above) has also spent time developing its W&O Street Tracks label, the imprint through which the duo will issue the W&O Street Tracks Volume 1 compilation next month. The simply titled collection is said to "neatly reflect modern house music" while documenting "the sound of the label in one package," tapping the likes of Ejeca, xxxy, Eliphino, Bodhi, and Citizen to contribute exclusive productions to the effort. In addition, a number of budding talents have been invited to contribute, including recent Bubblin' Up artist Sage Caswell, as well as expats Steve Huerta and Urulu, who have turned in a collaborative tune for the collection.

The unmixed W&O Street Tracks Volume 1 compilation will arrive on November 24. Before then, the record's artwork and complete tracklist have been included below.

A1. Adrian & Sake – Midnight Stagger
A2. Chamboche – Swatch
B1. Street Tracks – Don’t You (Get Away)
B2. New Jack City – Feeling You Girl
C1. Steve Huerta & Urulu – Hypoxia
C2. Ejeca – Bamp
D1. Sage Caswell – Nothing Stays The Same
D2. Mediman – Games
E1. xxxy – TPW
E2. Eliphino – Marcus Dupree
F1. Bodhi – The Oakland Chinwag
F2. Citizen - Jaded

Thats a killer group of people.

Top Bottom