• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

BeeDog

that mix isn't showing up, but I think I know what you're talking about. I'll see if I can find it

edit: this is the track I was thinking of, hope it's the same one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaHUK5GnDgE

It's that vocal, but it's not the track in the mix that he posted (press Mixcloud to listen). The "Jack your body" vocal sample is put on top of a techno tune which I, for the life of me, cannot place at the moment.

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT, wooo. It's Mike Parker - Pulse Trader.

joelseph

Hearing people play the oldies in current mixes is a trip. I always used the acapella over Bangalter's Outrun. Good times.

Last week I went to a house party that had a bunch of old records from 95-2000, it was so fun to play a quick set just flipping through and pulling out the gems. The tunes back then...

Hearing people play the oldies in current mixes is a trip. I always used the acapella over Bangalter's Outrun. Good times.

Last week I went to a house party that had a bunch of old records from 95-2000, it was so fun to play a quick set just flipping through and pulling out the gems. The tunes back then...

you have an acapella of jack your body?

Forgot to mention I got to DJ for a couple hours to some friends in a cabin over the last weekend, went pretty well for being a complete amateur

Shaneus

Oh god, have you guys seen this?
Ghosts 'n' DJs

It's a Kickstarter for a game inspired by Ghosts 'n' Goblins, starring Dr. Kucho! Takes the piss out of everything bad about "EDM" (look out for the likenesses of Aoki, Guetta and Pitbull). Needless to say, backing with every dollar I have.

miksushag

Can never have enough Cassie =)

LOC004. Various Artists - Skydiver [FREE DOWNLOAD]
http://localactionrecords.bigcartel.com/product/various-artists-skydiver

A collection of remixes, tributes and marriage proposals to Cassie, from Local Action artists and friends.

Tracklist:
01. Addiction (Lunice remix)
02. Me & U (Mickey Pearce’s Mickey Luvs Cassie mix)
03. Official Girl (The Blessings remix)
04. Is It You? (Svpreme Fiend remix)
05. Me & U (Brackles remix)
06. Addiction (Altered Natives' Cassie4dannyNATIVE TLA dub)
07. Thirsty (Slackk remix)
08. Must Be Love (Jacques Greene’s Marriage Proposal mix)
09. Me & U (8Bitch cover)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Really interested in checking this out:

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/1138121-shinichi-atobe-butterfly-effect
Full-length debut from the elusive Shinichi Atobe, known for an incredible 12” on Chain Reaction almost 15 years ago and never seen or heard from since. Audio mastered and cut by Matt Colton, Individually numbered edition of 600 copies for the world. Vinyl purchases come with a download of the full album plus 4 bonus tracks dropped into your account on Monday, October 27th* Shinichi Atobe has managed to stay off grid since he made an appearance on Basic Channel’s Chain Reaction imprint back in 2001. He delivered the second-to-last 12” on the label and then disappeared without a trace, leaving behind a solitary 12” that’s been selling for crazy money (theres a copy up on discogs at the moment for $600 - go figure) and a trail of speculation that has led some people to wonder whether the project was in fact the work of someone on the Basic Channel payroll. That killer Chain Reaction 12” has also been a longtime favourite of Demdike Stare, who have been trying to follow the trail and make contact with Atobe for some time, whomever he turned out to be. A lead from the Basic Channel office turned up an address in japan and - unbelievably - an album full of archival and new material that after a lot of hard work has been assembled and compiled by Demdike for this debut album. And what a weird and brilliant album it is - deployed with a slow-churn opener that sounds like a syruppy Actress track, before working through a brilliantly sharp and tactile 9 minute Piano House roller that sounds like DJ Sprinkles at his most bittersweet, before diving headlong into a heady, Vainqueur inspired droneworld. It’s a confounding album, full of odd little signatures that give the whole thing a timeless feel that’s completely detached from the zeitgeist - like a sound bubble from another era.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Oh god, have you guys seen this?
Ghosts 'n' DJs

It's a Kickstarter for a game inspired by Ghosts 'n' Goblins, starring Dr. Kucho! Takes the piss out of everything bad about "EDM" (look out for the likenesses of Aoki, Guetta and Pitbull). Needless to say, backing with every dollar I have.

Was gonna post about this... graphics look pretty damn good and better than your usual indie retro throwback. I'll kick in a few bucks!

gdt

New Jacques Greene is superb - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pZY7fEheEhE

Also the new Clark is everything.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn sweet lord. New EP out 11/11.

After Life, After Party EP - Out Nov 11th

1. After Life, After Party
2. 1 4 Me
3. After Life, After Party (Suicideyear Remix)
4. After Life, After Party (Sei A Remix)

"These tracks were born out of experimenting with a bit of self-imposed restraints. Afterlife was a particular sound palette I wanted to stick to and see what would come of it. 1 4 me was trying to challenge myself to keep an arrangement dead simple. They came out of a period that was actually really prolific for me and hope to share more soon, but these two stuck together with a playful spirit. Some fun for the end of summer, as we tread into winter" - JG

Sucks only 2 new tracks, but I dig Sei A too.

okno

Mike is a top 5 DJ for me. He's been spinning a ton here in NYC recently which is a beautiful thing. Fucking phenomenal dj. The first time I saw him spin at Bunker in 2010 is burned into my memory. He turns every party into a sweatbox. Love that little guy!

Can't wait to see him next Thursday with Reagenz, Move D, Forma, Bryan Kasenic and Pangaea :3

I know right! He's definitely one of my favorites, he inspires me a lot as a DJ. I'm glad that he is finally getting the recognition that he deserves! He was our first guest for our monthly party that we started about two years ago. Amazing dj and a great friend. I've been to movement 4 years in a row and I never miss No Way Back on Sunday, it's always the best party. This set is a great listen now, but hearing this in the small dark sweatbox with everyone else it was unreal.

thinking of playing a bunch of electro this weekend. Looking for some cool electro tracks that aren't classics that everyone knows like Clear by Cybotron. Any suggestions?

Pacbois

Saw How To Dress Well, Jon Hopkins & James Blake at Pitchfork Paris tonight, and as a bonus I talked with one the Disclosure guys in the VIP Area.

Top Bottom