• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

gdt

I like Sophie and the stuff featured in that FactMag article about PC music. Been meaning to dig more into it. Recommendations?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Not for me. The whole family of PC Music producers is turning into a big circle jerk.

I mean, isn't that kind of the point when you have a label built on a strong, unifying sound? It's not much different than, like, Night Slugs or L.I.E.S. or whatever. Also, not everyone producing things in this generalized style is on the PC Music, even if the label's influence has likely had an effect on why those outliers are pushing it harder now.

I like Sophie and the stuff featured in that FactMag article about PC music. Been meaning to dig more into it. Recommendations?

AG Cook's Radio Tank mix
AG Cook - Beautiful
Spinee - 64 Thousand Dollar Bombs mix
DOSS - EP + The Way I Feel (Recycle Culture's Slow Emotion Reel remix)
Ponibbi - Heartskip
Ponibbi x Lilangelboi - More Than Friends
Dreamtrak - Contemporary
Jasmine - Rather Be At the Club
Billion - Special (Danny L Harle mix)

miksushag

I mean, isn't that kind of the point when you have a label built on a strong, unifying sound? It's not much different than, like, Night Slugs or L.I.E.S. or whatever. Also, not everyone producing things in this generalized style is on the PC Music, even if the label's influence has likely had an effect on why those outliers are pushing it harder now.

Yeah but the thing is, they are going to deep into the weirdness and quirkiness because the scene is at the moment eating it all up. I listened to that one mixtape by Kane something from PC music and it had like 90s midi piano in it, that is just pushing it too far out there.

edit. Onemans solitaire vol 3 is fucking awesome btw.

So thanks to Hotline Miami, I'm now a fan of electronic/synth music. M.O.O.N., Perturbator, Light Club...and that's about it at the moment

Any other recommended artists? I prefer the most fast paced music, like MOON's Hydrogren and Perturbator's Future Club.

okno

Had a weird emotional reaction today at work. Put on Bjork's Homogenic in honor of Mark's passing, and nearly lost it when "Pluto" came on. A lot of house and techno legends have passed, but Mark Bell definitely left the largest impression on me. A true legend in every sense of the word. Words can't describe the impact his work has left on my life. The beats on Homogenic alone have inspired me beyond compare.

Had a weird emotional reaction today at work. Put on Bjork's Homogenic in honor of Mark's passing, and nearly lost it when "Pluto" came on. A lot of house and techno legends have passed, but Mark Bell definitely left the largest impression on me. A true legend in every sense of the word. Words can't describe the impact his work has left on my life. The beats on Homogenic alone have inspired me beyond compare.

Yeah, its especially sad given he just premiered a new live show a few weeks back and was likely working with Bjork on the album she just started. Pluto is one of my fav songs ever, listened to all day when I heard the news.

gdt

Yooooooooooooo new Jam City LP on Night Slugs 2015.

Hopefully it sounds like Club Constructions, that EP is a monster. First track doesn't lead in that direction though...still, it sounds good.

Jam City - Unhappy

hey guys, im doing a closing 4:30am set and I'm looking for some sexier, kind of dark house tunes as well as more jackin house. Here are some examples of stuff I've been buying up.

Kassem Mosse - Untitled B1 (Workshop 19)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMDR3fBhTdQ

Richard Sen - Ghost Train Dub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSU9-TdXQKY

Faster Drummier stuff like this too:

Anthony Parasole - Quickstrike-01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LvMs2TojiU

Paul Du Lac - Tantra Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD43-KukSTE

Fjordson

Electronic-GAF, this may be a dumb question, but if you were going to buy a digital album available on both Beatport and Boomkat, which is the better option (or is neither good)? Ability to re-download the album is a plus if either provides that.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Electronic-GAF, this may be a dumb question, but if you were going to buy a digital album available on both Beatport and Boomkat, which is the better option (or is neither good)? Ability to re-download the album is a plus if either provides that.

Boomkat lets you re-download and, while their album descriptors are often eye-rollingly pretentious, they're not a bad company.

Beatport is the sort of place to be avoided on principle. They're owned by entertainment mega-conglomerate LiveNation and do everything they can to stifle the independents releasing through alternate channels.

Fjordson

Boomkat lets you re-download and, while their album descriptors are often eye-rollingly pretentious, they're not a bad company.

Beatport is the sort of place to be avoided on principle. They're owned by entertainment mega-conglomerate LiveNation and do everything they can to stifle the independents releasing through alternate channels.
Wow, had no idea. Will go with Boomkat then. Also seems like the album is slightly cheaper on there anyway. Thanks man!

ChryZ

Always look on Bandcamp too, best cut for the artists, lossy AND lossless audio for the same price, re-downloading is also there.

I don't know if you guys recommend DJ equipment here, but I'll give it a shot. I'm looking to replace this:

spin_top.jpg

It has served me well but it's time to upgrade to something better. I'm looking for a controller (this is a controller right?) between €400-€500.

I've been looking at this one: Traktor S2 Mk2.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Dreaver

I don't know if you guys recommend DJ equipment here, but I'll give it a shot. I'm looking to replace this:

It has served me well but it's time to upgrade to something better. I'm looking for a controller (this is a controller right?) between €400-€500.

I've been looking at this one: Traktor S2 Mk2.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance!
I have the S2 and it's probably the best controller in that price range if you use Traktor. Build quality is pretty good and so are the controls. I can definitely recommend it.

Dreaver

Can someone help me ID this track?
the 'jack your body' vocal that comes in at 9.30ish?
I'm sure I know the song, but I can't remember the name...
mix

e: double post, oops.

okno

Aaron "FIT" Siegel - Tonite

Just copped the re-press of this ace, ace, ace classic house track.

So bummed, though... Went out to dinner the other with some friends and had my bag with me. My bag had my nearly four year old, near-perfect condition TMA-1s, in it along with my sketchbook and things... All of it was stolen by a backwaiter at the restaurant who did nothing to help me get my things back. So, so, so, so, so bummed out. Those TMA-1s were my fucking babies and the only things I had at the moment to connect me to music. Travelled all around the world with those things. It's stupid how attached we get to material things, but those headphones meant a great deal to me. Fucking sucks to lose something you hold close to your heart...

Edit: Also picked up this the other day: Grant & Gable 'Diaries Vol. 1' Pretty badass record, can't find any info on it, though.

bomma_man

Aaron "FIT" Siegel - Tonite

Just copped the re-press of this ace, ace, ace classic house track.

So bummed, though... Went out to dinner the other with some friends and had my bag with me. My bag had my nearly four year old, near-perfect condition TMA-1s, in it along with my sketchbook and things... All of it was stolen by a backwaiter at the restaurant who did nothing to help me get my things back. So, so, so, so, so bummed out. Those TMA-1s were my fucking babies and the only things I had at the moment to connect me to music. Travelled all around the world with those things. It's stupid how attached we get to material things, but those headphones meant a great deal to me. Fucking sucks to lose something you hold close to your heart...

Edit: Also picked up this the other day: Grant & Gable 'Diaries Vol. 1' Pretty badass record, can't find any info on it, though.

Condolenses man, that first tune is banging

Top Bottom