• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Dreaver

Saw Nina Kraviz last night for the first time.

Could not have been more boring.

I fucking loved her set last year. I can understand why you didn't like it, but I thought it was great. She's a very boring producer though in my opinion.

Saw Clouds yesterday myself. Surprise of the evening. Everyone I know was whining about that they sucked live. So my expectations where close to zero. They made some faults, but holy shit surprise of the evening.

oh and yeah, so many bitter people about offbeat tracks. Yeah it's hard to enjoy music when it's not four on the floor....

ninas production is mediocre, the best thing about her album was all of the amazing remixes that came out of it. PIttman's remix of Work, Kink's remix of Love or Go, etc etc

okno

Bicep and Midland have collaborated together on a vinyl-only 12" coming out later this month: D-Mil (Cub & Dub)

A bit weak, in my opinion, but the dub will go down so easy in a club. Pure eyes closed euphoria.

Edit: Seems a bit odd for RA to link to the distributor website. Now everyone can download the samples and knows the wholesale price of the record :p

BeeDog

Damn... the best techno track in ages:

Clark - Sodium Trimmers (Marcel Dettmann Edit)

I love Clark as an artist, but I had no idea he had this in him. Proper techno banger. The Marcel Dettmann edit essentially just lengthens the original track (which is 3:39) by extending the beginning. Tune of the year.

Dreaver

I hosted a small afterparty with some friends sunday morning. Four of us made a small mix (1 hour). I'm quite happy with the result of mine. If you're into heavier techno I think you'll like it.

Soundcloud link

Tracklist:
Gary Beck - Smiling
Mark Broom & Drax - Section 2 (Alan Fitzpatrick Edit)
Frank Savio - Driving Bells
Karenn - Sailing Solvents
P.A.S. - No Exit
The Advent & Industrialyzer - T1
Sharpside - Spacecruising (Dave Angel Rework)
Plastikman - Spastik (Dubfire Rework)
Randomer - Stupid Things I Do (New School Mix)
Green Velvet - Destination Unknown (Original Remastered)
Rrose - Cavity
Industrialyzer - Maximal
Jon Hopkins - Collider (Karenn remix)
Jeroen Search - Ad Infinitum
Grooveyard - Mary Go Wild

Damn... the best techno track in ages:

Clark - Sodium Trimmers (Marcel Dettmann Edit)

I love Clark as an artist, but I had no idea he had this in him. Proper techno banger. The Marcel Dettmann edit essentially just lengthens the original track (which is 3:39) by extending the beginning. Tune of the year.

Do you have a link to the full track? I can only find previews on vinyl sites.

BeeDog

I hosted a small afterparty with some friends sunday morning. Four of us made a small mix (1 hour). I'm quite happy with the result of mine. If you're into heavier techno I think you'll like it.

Soundcloud link

Do you have a link to the full track? I can only find previews on vinyl sites.

Unfortunately no, my vinyl copy arrived today.

Great tracklist, by the way!

BeeDog

Too bad, and thanks!

Also, does anyone have some more recommendations for some "dirty" techno rave songs with the typical rave sound? To give you a few examples:
Vamp - Outlander
Clouds - Future 1
Sharpside - Spacecrusing (Dave Angel rework)

I'm already aware of Second Phase, T99, X-101, Human Resource, Underground Resistance and D.H.S.

Try these ones, mostly new-ish tracks:

Head High - Hex Factor
Dance Company - Berzerkerz (Hardcore Young Team)
Egyptian Empire - The Horn Track
Lords Of Midnite (Legowelt) - Drown In Ur Love
Tessela - Hackney Parrot
Head High - It's A Love Thing (Piano Invasion)
WK7 - Higher Power (Hardcore PCK Mix)
Gesloten Cirkel - Submit X
Drax - Phosphene (The Exaltics Remix)
Blacknecks - To The Cosmos, Let's Go!
General Oscillator - Medieval Polyphonic Ringtone

big ander

dean blunt's new record is pretty good. not on the level of Skin Fade but still. first six tracks I didn't get too into, they're standard for him except maybe even more "normal" than usual. less hypnagogic pop than just kinda-off dream pop, with hip-hop affectation. then it gets huge with the 21 minute combo of Forever and X, which I love. from there out it's damn great, narcotized electronics through and through.

lush

xc77IDR.png

Yass.

okno

anyone here going to the No Way Back Bunker the weekend after next? Making the trek back to NYC, its been way too long.

You'll probably see me there at some point. It'll be cool to have most of the OG Bunker crew there: Bryan, Mike and Patrick, but if Derek and Eric were there too, whoooooo chil'... BMG and Erika are nothing to sneeze at, either. Have never seen Carlos spin before, but he did an 8 hour set at Bunkler Limited a few months back that I heard was completely bananas foster good.

I wonder if Derek will ever come back to play in the states :( Dude is a fucking pro.

You'll probably see me there at some point. It'll be cool to have most of the OG Bunker crew there: Bryan, Mike and Patrick, but if Derek and Eric were there too, whoooooo chil'... BMG and Erika are nothing to sneeze at, either. Have never seen Carlos spin before, but he did an 8 hour set at Bunkler Limited a few months back that I heard was completely bananas foster good.

I wonder if Derek will ever come back to play in the states :( Dude is a fucking pro.

Yeah man Derek and Carlos are amazing. We've had Carlos play at Honcho here before, he smashes it so hard. He can get away with playing the craziest, rawest tracks, stuff that sounds like it would clear a dance floor. Speaking of being in the states, he will be soon. He had a cancellation so my friend Aaron booked him for the Friday night before out party on December 5th.

uploaded my closing set from my last party, I've never gotten to close so it was really fun.

https://soundcloud.com/clarkdprice/clark-price-live-honcho-closing-set

Francisco Allendes - Gatto Pushon
Patrick Pulsinger & DJ Glow - Floorwave
Toto Chiavaetta - Mother Acid Land
Lando - Love Play
Creepy Autograph - Back Ally
Rodney Bakerr - House Girl (Mike’s Dunn For the Funn of It’ Mix)
Rodney Bakerr - Check This Out
Tuff City Kids - Bias
Tom Ruijg - Space Frase
Zepherin Saint, Mr V - Dance Release (David Morales Release Remix)
Dennis Ferrer - Transitions
Grand High Priest - Mary, Mary
Marlon D - Jesus Creates Sound (Main Mix)
3rd Face - Canto Della Liberta (acapella)
3rd Face - Canto Della Liberta (Pink Lunch)
Paul du Lac - Spank (Techno Mix)
Tornado Wallace - Soft Light
Stellar Funk - Lazzaro Shoes Remix
Raw Ten - Funny Thing(Detroit Tech Mix)
Matrixxman - Simulation
Gusto - Swideswipe
Helena Huff - Rupture
Jared Wilson - Ghost Miners 4
Phuture - Times Fade
Stefan Vincent - Elephant's Foot (Staffan Linzatti Remix)
Dinky - Acid In My Fridge (Tobi Remix)
Garnier - Bang (The Underground Doesn’t Stop)
Appleblim & Ramadanman - Void 23 (Carl Craig Re-Edit)
MCMLXXXVII - Choice
MCMLXXXVII - Work
Late Night Tuff Guy - I Get Deep
Rivet - Vermont

injurai

Banned
I know many of you don't light up over drum and bass like I do, there's a bunch of cheese out there that muddles the field. I can never tell if there is interest in the dnb I post but if there is one album for you guys to give a chance this year it would be this one.

KImyan-Law.jpg

KImyan Law
Just 19 years old, Kimyan Law, (real name Nico Mpunga), belongs to the African Diaspora. The son of a Congolese father and Austrian mother, Mpunga resides in Vienna, unable until recently to return to his homeland due to the devastating Congolese Civil War.

Born on Christmas Day 1994, Mpunga was a melancholic child. A lone black youth studying in all-white environments he was a victim of racism; a difficult and depressing atmosphere which led him to find respite and consolation in music. Making recordings using instruments improvised from trash he soon graduated from using wood, glass and his own voice to a mastery of drums, piano, marimba and flute, channeling his childhood difficulties into creation.

At the age of 12 Mpunga started exploring the possibilities of electronic music, experimenting with primitive looping on a PSP and then pursuing audio-engineering courses, learning so fast he rapidly started tutoring others. The last couple of years have seen Kimyan Law blossom into the artist we see before us today. Deep explorations into his African roots have led him to create complex mosaics of ancient sound with modern aesthetics. A true ‘artist’ rather than the all-too-common ‘engineer’ found in modern electronica, Mpunga constantly talks of the meaning and imagery in his music, referring to his tracks as ‘portraits’.
It will come as no surprise that Mpunga’s highly visual sensibilities do not stop at sound. He is also a painter, graphic designer and video director. A true polymath, a genuine prodigy.

Kimyan Law’s music is a thing of rare beauty. Having its roots in Drum & Bass it flies far beyond the confines of that often-formulaic genre, expanding sonic ranges and disrupting standard arrangements. Mpunga incorporates African instruments and influences into his high-tech set up, achieving a rare organic and human quality amongst the cold electronics. Glittering cascades of tuned percussion are expertly weaved into layers of state-of-the-art bass and the result is a stunning array of romantic and cinematic music that, with its sheer humanity, seduces everyone who experiences it.

Full Album on Spotify
Mortal Life - ft. mm oo
Eclairage
We Are Fish
Daimyo
Ember
Run Ames - ft. Robert Manos
Vita
Umbra
Copperclock
Blur
Cherry Lane (for Sarah Taisha)
Solange

Kimyan Law - Exclusive Mix
Kimyan Law - We Are Fish (ft. Clara Luzia)
Blu Mar Ten - Remembered Her Wrong (Anile Remix)
Blu Mar Ten - Somewhere (ft. Agne Genyte)
Kimyan Law - Mortal Life (ft. mm oo)
Enei - Circles (ft. Sam Wills)
Alix Perez - Playing Games (ft. D.Ablo)
Stray & Frederic Robinson - Bloom
Frederic Robinson - Off Topic
Calyx & Teebee - Elevate This Sound
Halogenix - Her Waves
Noisia & The Upbeats - Little Fling
Blu Mar Ten - Half The Sky
Blu Mar Ten - Half The Sky (Kimyan Law Remix)
Ulterior Motive - Muted (ft. James Sunderland)
Stray - Can Of Cancun
Axon & Hyroglifics - Fit Girls With Average Names
Blu Mar Ten - Concierge Marie
Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Rags
Arkaik & Coma - Heat Seeker
Gamma - If You Go Away
Kimyan Law - Daimyo

thabiz

new andy stott is doing it for me. dope.

Kimyan Law - Exclusive Mix
Kimyan Law - We Are Fish (ft. Clara Luzia)
Blu Mar Ten - Remembered Her Wrong (Anile Remix)
Blu Mar Ten - Somewhere (ft. Agne Genyte)
Kimyan Law - Mortal Life (ft. mm oo)
Enei - Circles (ft. Sam Wills)
Alix Perez - Playing Games (ft. D.Ablo)
Stray & Frederic Robinson - Bloom
Frederic Robinson - Off Topic
Calyx & Teebee - Elevate This Sound
Halogenix - Her Waves
Noisia & The Upbeats - Little Fling
Blu Mar Ten - Half The Sky
Blu Mar Ten - Half The Sky (Kimyan Law Remix)
Ulterior Motive - Muted (ft. James Sunderland)
Stray - Can Of Cancun
Axon & Hyroglifics - Fit Girls With Average Names
Blu Mar Ten - Concierge Marie
Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Rags
Arkaik & Coma - Heat Seeker
Gamma - If You Go Away
Kimyan Law - Daimyo

dope

okno

Hey guys. Last minute announcement: if you're in NYC, we're going to be throwing a small record release party for Frank & Tony's album, You Go Girl, at Halcyon tonight. I'm going to be doing the warmup from about 6 to 8, stop by if you're around! 100% vinyl all night :)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys. Last minute announcement: if you're in NYC, we're going to be throwing a small record release party for Frank & Tony's album, You Go Girl, at Halcyon tonight. I'm going to be doing the warmup from about 6 to 8, stop by if you're around! 100% vinyl all night :)

Man, why do you do this stuff after I move to San Francisco?

okno

Man, why do you do this stuff after I move to San Francisco?

The fuck you doing moving to San Francisco?! That's awesome man! You'll have to go to Honey Soundsystem and let me know how it is :)

You didn't miss anything last night. The weather was so shitty that hardly anyone showed up. About the most exciting thing that happened was my copy of Traumprinz's Intrinity wouldn't lay flat on the deck, for whatever reason. Played just fine, but kept floating up.

The fuck you doing moving to San Francisco?! That's awesome man! You'll have to go to Honey Soundsystem and let me know how it is :)

You didn't miss anything last night. The weather was so shitty that hardly anyone showed up. About the most exciting thing that happened was my copy of Traumprinz's Intrinity wouldn't lay flat on the deck, for whatever reason. Played just fine, but kept floating up.

Honey Soundsytem and Houspitality are my favorite sf parties

Good taste. My friend from Chicago throws Houspitality, they bring it such good peeps.

Went to a pretty fun underground in Oakland this weekend, really want to go to see Dixon next Friday but my GF's parents are in town for Thanksgiving.

Good taste. My friend from Chicago throws Houspitality, they bring it such good peeps.

Went to a pretty fun underground in Oakland this weekend, really want to go to see Dixon next Friday but my GF's parents are in town for Thanksgiving.
I want to see Dixon SO BAD but I'll be in socal visiting family :(

What's the vibe supposed to be like at Honey Soundsystem? I'm straight for what it's worth

I want to see Dixon SO BAD but I'll be in socal visiting family :(

What's the vibe supposed to be like at Honey Soundsystem? I'm straight for what it's worth

I'm straight too, you will likely get hit on. Take it as a complement.

The vibe is amazing, super friendly and full of people who actually like dancing and partying. Really solid DJs always.

I'm straight too, you will likely get hit on. Take it as a complement.

The vibe is amazing, super friendly and full of people who actually like dancing and partying. Really solid DJs always.
I go to gay bars now and again with friends so I'm used to being hit on, I just didn't know if there was a difference at gay clubs haha

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I got a new job out west so I made the move two months ago haha. SF is fun, but I do miss the electricity and rush of NYC, that's for sure. I haven't gone partying out in SF just yet, but I need to start discovering what's around here.

Cool, I'll make sure to check them out!

injurai

Banned
You'll just have more fun at a gay house party ;D

You know... think I probably could. I'm too self-indulgent with music that I'd rather be star crossed then play the losing your sexual inhibitions game and close later that evening. I'd rather be behind the tables tbh.

Top Bottom