• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

s/o octave

jlhvJKx.png

injurai

Banned
So, Loefah - Midnight / woman is getting released... but it's vinyl only in a run of 300. Can't say I'm overjoyed.

That's how anyone makes money anymore. Limited runs so they know for sure you will sell the entire stock. They sell it at a premium price to make money, and just expect the vinyl to be ripped and distributed on the high seas.

collige

Banned
That's how anyone makes money anymore. Limited runs so they know for sure you will sell the entire stock. They sell it at a premium price to make money, and just expect the vinyl to be ripped and distributed on the high seas.
They could easily have sold 10x this amount though because Midnight is one of the, if not THE most anticipated dubstep tracks of all time. This will sell out in a matter of minutes and half the copies will only be available in person at one specific shop.

injurai

Banned
They could easily have sold 10x this amount though because Midnight is one of the, if not THE most anticipated dubstep tracks of all time. This will sell out in a matter of minutes and half the copies will only be available in person at one specific shop.

Yeah that is pretty bullshit. What they should do is take pre-orders. Maybe do 300 special colored vinyl and premium sleeves or something. But take pre-orders and make everyone that cares enough happy.

okno

They won't make any money off 300 copies. You don't make money off vinyl. That's whats esecially infuriating about this pressing. They're doing it just to be the cool kids on Discogs, because this thing will go instantly up there at an insane mark up. 300 copies is a slap in everyone's face and a massive middle finger to fans.

But its Borceuse, what else do you expect?

injurai

Banned
I forgot to share this, but was reminded when making my year end list. Certainly will find it's way into my top 20.

Akkord - HTH020

daviyoung

Banned
Green Velvet's Voicemail has been cropping up in every podcast I've listened to this month. Decent sequel to Answering Machine.

"Meet me at the club" is nowhere near as cool as "I don't need this shit" though.

injurai

Banned
I just noticed a new Thievery Corporation album came out this year. Much more bossanova than trip-hop, really good none the less.

thabiz

I think you just need to attune yourself back to this type of music, listened to it twice just now and it's pretty beautiful.

i cant. its starbucks music. its flavourless. it sounds like someone ripping off thievery. now if they could make another sounds from the hi fi, then i would be all in. however, we all know thats never going to happen.

gdt

So I'm really digging the new RL Grime album. It's varied and catchy and a lot of fun. Except that song with Big Sean rapping. That track sucks.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
They won't make any money off 300 copies. You don't make money off vinyl. That's whats esecially infuriating about this pressing. They're doing it just to be the cool kids on Discogs, because this thing will go instantly up there at an insane mark up. 300 copies is a slap in everyone's face and a massive middle finger to fans.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOEFAH-WOMAN-MIDNIGHT-/301434451199?pt=UK_Records&hash=item462ee4b4ff
Box Fresh.

You are paying for two audio clips of me humming both of these tracks for the full track length duration.

There are subtle discrepancies, but arguably the quality is better than that of the vinyl. Due to the way the vocal is mixed and mastered and we stuck a limiter on it, so you are sure to hear brilliant low end.

Why wait for a repress that isn't going to happen when you can own the one of a kind audio recording of this?

okno

Did anyone check out Tin Man's 'Ode'? I'm way late to the party, despite being a pretty ardent fan of the man. It's a really gorgeous album. He does so much with so little, it's really quite sublime.

Vertigo

Although, I will say that the vocal tracks are pretty cringeworthy.

Top Bottom