• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

Have they ever played the US? Thinking about trying to book them for a warehouse event I'm starting to plan.

If I recall correctly, they did come to NYC once two, maybe three, years ago… I could be totally wrong, and I can't find anything on the internet about it.

You're in SF, right? Might be tough to get them to travel that far, they never go outside of Europe.

BeeDog

2014 is almost wrapping up. What's your favorite tune of 2014?

For me it's Leon Vynehall - Butterflies.

It's so beautiful, almost magical.

For sure one of the best tunes of the year. The vinyl has been on repeat on my turntable since release.

Some of my other personal favorites:

Clark - Sodium Trimmers (Marcel Dettmann Edit) - my absolute favorite this year
Randomer - Stupid Things I Do (New School Mix) - closely tied with the first one
Gesloten Cirkel - Submit X
DJ October - Jaffa
Imre Kiss - Non
Barnt - Chappell
Peverelist - Aztec Chant (Tessela Remix)
Leon Vynehall - Time
In Aeternam Vale - 62,54hz
Peverelist & Kowton - End Point (Stenny & Andrea Remix)
SHXCXCHCXSH - Elocution
Marco Zenker - Splifer
Dario Zenker - Mörsin
Ulwhednar - Begravd Under Is
Millie & Andrea - Temper Tantrum
Tripeo - Nargy
FJAAK - Attack
Kowton - Doing Nothing
Skee Mask - Cylo
Karenn - Ballast
Blacknecks - Don't Say It's Goodbye
Nachtbraker - Alright
Truss - Brockweir
The Dance Company - Berzerkerz (Hardcore Young Team)
DJ Shadow - Six Days (Machinedrum Remix)
Dense & Pika - Slowhand
Delroy Edwards - Always (Edit)
Losoul - Daddy, What's A Rise?
Chambray - Untitled

I could go on... Overall, a completely fantastic year yet again. Have a Spotify playlist called "Supersongs" where I add tunes I truly like/love, and so far I've added 500+ tracks this year alone which says a lot.

Dreaver

For sure one of the best tunes of the year. The vinyl has been on repeat on my turntable since release.

Some of my other personal favorites:

Clark - Sodium Trimmers (Marcel Dettmann Edit) - my absolute favorite this year
Randomer - Stupid Things I Do (New School Mix) - closely tied with the first one
Gesloten Cirkel - Submit X
DJ October - Jaffa
Imre Kiss - Non
Barnt - Chappell
Peverelist - Aztec Chant (Tessela Remix)
Leon Vynehall - Time
In Aeternam Vale - 62,54hz
Peverelist & Kowton - End Point (Stenny & Andrea Remix)
SHXCXCHCXSH - Elocution
Marco Zenker - Splifer
Dario Zenker - Mörsin
Ulwhednar - Begravd Under Is
Millie & Andrea - Temper Tantrum
Tripeo - Nargy
FJAAK - Attack
Kowton - Doing Nothing
Skee Mask - Cylo
Karenn - Ballast
Blacknecks - Don't Say It's Goodbye
Nachtbraker - Alright
Truss - Brockweir
The Dance Company - Berzerkerz (Hardcore Young Team)
DJ Shadow - Six Days (Machinedrum Remix)
Dense & Pika - Slowhand
Delroy Edwards - Always (Edit)
Losoul - Daddy, What's A Rise?
Chambray - Untitled

I could go on... Overall, a completely fantastic year yet again. Have a Spotify playlist called "Supersongs" where I add tunes I truly like/love, and so far I've added 500+ tracks this year alone which says a lot.
Fun fact: that Nachtbraker dude is someone from the same town I'm from, I know who he is in real life (I've never spoken to him though).

And great tracks you both.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Could you share a link if your playlist is public?

injurai

Banned
Mr Joseph - This Ones For Dilla Hip Hop (The Healer) (brought an honest tear to my eye, download link for 6 minute version)
tumblr_mw7bfdc2e91s9036xo1_500.gif

D​.​N​.​Hürter (wonderful surprise of an album to fill out the year, experimental jungle/hip-hop)

Sarah P - I Misbehave (whew)

Miguel Atwood-Ferguson - 'Rose Heiress' (rework) (stunningly beautiful)
Jaga Jazzist - 'Bananfluer Overalt' (Clark Remix) (not

Fjordson

You're in for a treat next year. We'll be putting out a lot of good material, so keep your ear to the ground.
"We'll"?? Do you work for Scissor & Thread???

Probably a dumb question that's been covered in this thread before, but whoever you are thanks for all the quality tunes this year <3

If I recall correctly, they did come to NYC once two, maybe three, years ago… I could be totally wrong, and I can't find anything on the internet about it.

You're in SF, right? Might be tough to get them to travel that far, they never go outside of Europe.

They played in Australia this year, supported Barnt in Melbourne.

if there's a warehouse event in SF I'd like to know about it please

Once we have things solidified I'll post here for sure. Most likely not until March/April, closing in on the venue now.

You into the burning man underground scene at all? Might be able to get you an invite to an upcoming event.

Once we have things solidified I'll post here for sure. Most likely not until March/April, closing in on the venue now.

You into the burning man underground scene at all? Might be able to get you an invite to an upcoming event.
I've been to a lot of Distrikt and Opulent Temple events, Sunset, stuff like that. I don't know about the underground stuff, you mean like the afterhours things they always have? Never been able to stay out that long yet

Some odd choices imo.
I found the moodyman album boring as fuck (also that cover..jhezz)
Todd Terjes as big of a fan as I am, was just all his EPs thrown together with 3 or so filler tracks and that one with the vocal.

Saying all this im trying to remember what albums ive enjoyed this year...
Pretty sure El Mahdy- Spirit of fucked up places was actually out in '13

okno

the francis harris record is sublime. also loved bruno pronsato's record, which should be on that list.

It was awesome seeing it so high on the list. It's also Mojo's #1 electronic album! Sublime is the perfect word to describe it (no bias).

injurai

Banned
Damn... no Kimyan Law We Are Fish on that list. Jesus the dnb scene must be falling the wayside faster than I thought. There is like zero representation on any of the big sites. Do they even have any taste to weed through cheese and shit? Not even a Millie & Andrea song for Jungle? I know everyone like's to suck Andy's dick, and drop the vowels is certainly worthy of some praise.

Glad to see Ten Walls get a song, that moodymann song was also really good.

gdt

So the Shlomo/Jerimih EP No More is still one of my favorite things this year. Probably number 3. Hopefully they do another in 15.

Top Bottom