• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

okno

missed the Jack J repress, shit

I think Red Eye Records still had copies. I was shopping two days ago and saw it in stock somewhere, think it was there... I nearly bought it ok the spot, because everyone has been cheesing like crazy over it, but I really don't see what the big deal is about it, frankly.

WAP375CDpackshot_480withsticker.jpg

Shit gonna be real weird.

Edit: posted on reddit http://vocaroo.com/i/s0pDUnkuS6FV

Fucking mental sounding shit, real or no.

I put in a request for a warranty replacement but if that doesn't work I'm getting Sennheiser HD25's

it's kind of telling that they have a specific instruction in the process for headband issues. Almost like this happens a lot

I put in a request for a warranty replacement but if that doesn't work I'm getting Sennheiser HD25's

it's kind of telling that they have a specific instruction in the process for headband issues. Almost like this happens a lot

I suggest following up n a week if you haven't heard anything. It was clear once I got a hold of them 2 weeks after cutting the cable (such a waste, I could tape the headband and give it to some homeless dude or something who wouldn't care) that they hadn't even started the process of sending them yet. The next day I got the fedex notification of shipment and they were being overnighted from Taiwan.

They changed manufacturers for a time when they blew up and it bit them in the ass. Every headband from a certain period of manufacturing is guaranteed to fail at some point. They use someone else now and the problem doesn't seem to exist, but I think the brand damage is done. However, I would note that the sonic signature on the new headset i received was a bit improved sounding.

I suggest following up n a week if you haven't heard anything. It was clear once I got a hold of them 2 weeks after cutting the cable (such a waste, I could tape the headband and give it to some homeless dude or something who wouldn't care) that they hadn't even started the process of sending them yet. The next day I got the fedex notification of shipment and they were being overnighted from Taiwan.

They changed manufacturers for a time when they blew up and it bit them in the ass. Every headband from a certain period of manufacturing is guaranteed to fail at some point. They use someone else now and the problem doesn't seem to exist, but I think the brand damage is done. However, I would note that the sonic signature on the new headset i received was a bit improved sounding.
How recent was the switch in headband manufacturing? My pair was from last March

big ander

Love that art. Bookmarked.

I like Blake's title. Optimistic the album can be great after Overgrown's huge misstep. His BBC residency was honestly a ton of fun, just him and 1800Dino guys playing good eclectic tunes and making terrible jokes. LP title has me hoping for a similar vibe: something fun but immensely listenable and relistenable.

This is out in a week but is floating around now. Awesome on first blush
Title track: http://www.dummymag.com/new-music/mcferrdog-lawd-forgive-me-stream-new-track-on-1080p

injurai

Banned
I think Thabiz was partying on behalf of all of us last night, because the jungle plug never happened. Though this is good, we'll give some notice. Maybe next monday or wednesday night?

BeeDog

To reinvigorate this topic, I wanted to link to a fantastic free compilation by the always-awesome Crème Organization. I mean, just look at the artists/tracklist!

There Is No Authority But Yourself - 15 Years Creme Organization - Part 1
https://cremeorganization.bandcamp....rself-15-years-creme-organization-part-1-free

1. Scientific Dreamz Of U - Deep Belief Network {Neural Grid Optimization} 08:42
2. Neville Watson - Songs To elevate Pure Hearts (Extended Remix) 07:11
3. Innershades - Breaker M1 04:37
4. Seaside Houz Boyz - Occult Mysteries Of SF 07:14
5. Simoncino - Foresta Break 04:47
6. Jorge Velez - 4AM 04:04
7. DJ Haus - Cape Fear 05:35
8. ASOK - Edge #2 07:33
9. BNJMN - Bleed 04:18
10. Benedikt Frey - Can You Feel The Pain 05:46
11. Drvg Cvltvre - Ape Shall Not Kill Ape 05:47
12. Photonz - 13 Patterns 05:53
13. IVVVO - Dark Room 4 Dance 03:23
14. Legowelt - Codex Arpolxtinus 06:31
15. The exaltics - The Past 06:48

injurai

Banned
Aww yea, John kick this

Slackk Solid Steel

Finn- Don't (Dub)
Inkke- Oni (Dub)
Invader Spade- Desert Storm (Dub)
Yamaneko- Hanabi (Dub)
Sirpixalot – Voyage (Dub)
T_A_M- Mokò (Dub)
JEB1 - Lost Sands (Dub)
Mattwizard- Next World Fragments (Dub)
J7SXNDRS- Alex Kidd 2 (Dub)
Tarquin Edit (Dub)
JEB1 - African Warrior (Dub)
Lloyd SB - In Effect (Dub)
TRIPLE S - No Guy Test (Project Allout)
Gohda- Northeast Corridor (Dub)
Grandmixxer x Novelist- 10 Years 11 Days (White)
Edgem- Toxic Audio (Edgem)
TryTryDieDown – Waltz (Dub)
T_A_M- Watty (Dub)
Inkke- Scorpion Riddim
JT The Goon- MudPile (Dub)
Jay A.D – Chi (Dub)
Novelist – Yakuta (Dub)
Inkke- Don OC (Dub)
JT The Goon - Bogart Riddim (Dub)
Famous Eno- Jaws Riddim (Dub)
Crump – Tunnel (Dub)
Slackk- Dentist (Dub)
Sirpixalot- October4th (Dub)
JLSXND7RS – Axe (Dub)
Invader Spade- Hallam (Dub)
Slackk- Shadow Lotus (Dub)
SplitSaber-Pivot (Gundam Remix V2Demo) (Free)
A.T- Straight Greeze (Dub)
Scruloose- Lotus (Dub)
Inkke- Custom Jackets
Taskforce- Domain Awareness System (Silverback)
Slackk- Untitled (Dub)
Cain- Andale (Slackk Remix) (Fine Grains)
A.T- Rain Dance (Dub)
Invader Spade- Fallin (Dub)
??- North Side (Dub)
Edgem- Secret Garden (Edgem)

okno

To reinvigorate this topic, I wanted to link to a fantastic free compilation by the always-awesome Crème Organization. I mean, just look at the artists/tracklist!

There Is No Authority But Yourself - 15 Years Creme Organization - Part 1
https://cremeorganization.bandcamp....rself-15-years-creme-organization-part-1-free

Snagged this last week, but still need to listen to it. Should do that today!

Here's a lovely little mix: Dekmantel Podcast 001 - Marcel Dettmann: Live at Berghain NYE '14

I'm pretty over the "Berghain sound", but this mix really took me by surprise.

Also, this: Magic Mountain High live at Cube Club. You'll listen to this if you like good things, because it's fucking GOOD.

OH SHIT: RA Podcast 451 - Mr. G

If any Bay Area peeps want to hit up an underground all night event we're throwing on March 20th at this venue, send me a PM closer to the date.

I will likely be doing a generative sound installation where star charts control analogue synth drones to be played as the background in the planetarium, which will be open all night during the event.

If anyone is in the mood to listen to some odd music, here is a dub/experimental/headphuq mix I did for a psych party at my friends place a while back. Bit sloppy part way through as things were getting trippy.

https://soundcloud.com/grand-omega-minus/the-mountain

So after not hearing anything from AIAIAI since the original confirmation of my support ticket on Jan 9, I followed up and got a new confirmation of a new support ticket. Pretty much giving up lol

also DataStream, yeah possibly

Rktk

Shir Khan Presents Black Jukebox 10 (Preview)

Sounds excellent, download out later but you can order the vinyl right now.

A1. Antilope - "Singing Ghost"

B1. Death On The Balcony - "Addict For Your Love"
B2. Matpat - "Only You"

I especially love the sound of "Addict For Your Love", if you're not familiar with the Exploited label you should check them out if this is your kind of thing.

Top Bottom