• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

thabiz

its terrible. i thought pitbull was gonna jump on some of these tracks.

i will say you can fist pump to the heavens with this record.

nl-0730-681106-467933-front.jpg

I'm going to be in Europe on sabbatical in July and am feeling like I'm going to extend my trip to go to this. Unreal lineup. Anybody been?

So I would like to start having my mixes mastered before I put them up. Do any of you guys know how to do this yourself? I use a compression filter in audacity, but thats about it. Any tips on this?

Nyx

nl-0730-681106-467933-front.jpg

I'm going to be in Europe on sabbatical in July and am feeling like I'm going to extend my trip to go to this. Unreal lineup. Anybody been?

There's only tickets available for all 3 days, means a ticket is 123 euros iirc.
It's also sold out months before the event starts.

For me it's too ''hip" anyways, give me a 25 euro festival with local heroes behind the decks and I'm fine nowadays...

miksushag

Levon Vincent gave his new LP for free a day before the vinyl release:

"Thanks to the people who gave me my start-my entire nyc family too numerous to mention individually but you know who you are and you know how I feel about you, especially Fred qu Joey Ed Anthony. ben Klock marcel dettman ND Tama Snax and every single other member of the berghain ostgut Ton world community, phonica and fabric, thanks to the uk for embracing me first. Thank you to Deutschland, Thomas Fern and Hazel, ASCD I wish you the best. Thank you eternally to Martin and rubadub. Thank you to the shops who sustained me while I worked in solitude, five elephant, new deli yoga, Charlie's and anaveda, geipfelltrakne, the deconstruct yacht club, uzuri Aybee Lerato and Kerstin and Linus, all the partygoers of the world, and all the countries gracious enough to invite me- thank you the most.

And special thank you to anyone I may have forgotten here- I'll get you next time I promise.

This is music for the ugly ducklings of the world. Music for swans. If you are you're a member of the rat race, climbing around a dumpster with the other rats vying for power, you may of course listen, but know - this is not music for you. This is action against you."

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/4fa5d22a36765d60ffa9dacf8672f37e20150205121833/2355d2

There's only tickets available for all 3 days, means a ticket is 123 euros iirc.
It's also sold out months before the event starts.

For me it's too ''hip" anyways, give me a 25 euro festival with local heroes behind the decks and I'm fine nowadays...

123 Euros for a 3 day festival is insanely cheap by US standards. A

I'd be making the same argument about a show in SF as you are but many of these acts never make it to clubs out here.

Ticket bought.

injurai

Banned
Stamina released this handful of unreleased tracks today. Either unfinished or for competitions. All are really great, surprised they never went on to be released. Would love to see him revisit some of these sounds.

Soundbwai
Possibly 2004! My one attempt at trying to do what was "around at the time" - y'know, what a few other producers were doing - and I've never used an Amen break again since. The horn sample you recognise in this? I used it first, but woleva. :)

8 Bit
Another 140 experiment from 2010. Dunno where my head was even at to make something this moody, but I like it. Super indulgent, but eff it. It does need more, but I dunno what of exactly...

Across The Roof
2013 bznz. A track made for a winter-themed competition on DNBA's Production Forum; can't remember where I placed in the end, but I definitely didn't win. Also in dire need of a new mixdown, as this was done entirely on headphones.

The End
2010 bznz. My experimentation with 140; nice mood, not nearly enough going on though. Can never decide if I care enough about this one to go back in on it, but I do like what it is for all its flaws...

Engulfed
2006 bznz. Bait samples, simple beats and bass. Will mix this down again one day. Honest.

Nyx

123 Euros for a 3 day festival is insanely cheap by US standards. A

I'd be making the same argument about a show in SF as you are but many of these acts never make it to clubs out here.

Ticket bought.

It is? :D

Well have fun! Shouldn't be hard with that line-up!

Had Servito play Honcho last weekend and I opened. Crazy night!

https://soundcloud.com/clarkdprice/the-jump-off

Tracklist:
Shake - Sonar 123
Dude Energy - Beat Desire
Marshall Applewhite - Dimension 6
Donnie Tempo - TCB
Point G - Willis
Patricia - Drip Dawn (JTC I-94 Lick)
Wladimir M. - Reasonable Doubt
Auto Repeat - Needle Damage(DJ Sneak Remix)
Move D - Got Thing
Mfon - Ron Hardy’s Resurrection
The Mole - Lockdown Party (Sprinkles' Crossfaderama)
!!! - Intensifieder (Sunracapellectrohshit Mix 03)
The Rapture - House of Jealous Lovers
Morgan Geist - 24K
Galaxians - Blasting Off
Untitled - Untitled
Soundstream - Inferno
Hercules & Love Affair - Do You Feel The Same?
Appian - Won’t You
Kyle Hall - Down!
Kasper - Let Me Bang
Low Pass Puppets Feat. Kaori - Iro (I-F Floor Whore Instr. Edit)
Ken Ishii - Extra
James T. Cotton - Take ‘Em Off
PTA - Allegheny Acid 02
Jordan Fields - Box Beater
DJ Skull - R2
Shawn Rudiman - Uplink!
DJ Deeon - Work This Dick
Paul Johnson - Feel My MF Bass
Keith Tucker - Electro Lights
L.A.M. - Hostile Bacteria
Mantra - Work Your Body
I-F - Playstation No. 1 (Instrumental)
DJ Slugo - Freaky Ride
DJ Hell - For Your Love
Acid Jesus - Radium
Lighter Thief - Supasense

Had Servito play Honcho last weekend and I opened. Crazy night!

Nice tracklist dude, listening now. Bloody Servito is unbeatable though at the moment. I've never seen him live but even on recordings his rawness and energy is there.

The new PAS track sounds better than most recent stuff on Mote-Evolver to me, a bit more hypnotic.

PSA also if anyone wants the Levon Vincent record I don't think it's sold out on Halcyon The Shop quite yet, I just bought a copy (only $30US too).

Nice tracklist dude, listening now. Bloody Servito is unbeatable though at the moment. I've never seen him live but even on recordings his rawness and energy is there.

The new PAS track sounds better than most recent stuff on Mote-Evolver to me, a bit more hypnotic.

PSA also if anyone wants the Levon Vincent record I don't think it's sold out on Halcyon The Shop quite yet, I just bought a copy (only $30US too).

he was out very first guest 2 years ago, We tried booking him a bunch last year, but he was always busy haha. He's a great guy, probably my favorite DJ out there. Mike, Derek Plaslaiko, BMG, Erika, Souffront, etc....all of them are top tier

what are you even talking about?

honestly this more in common with current dnb and jungle scenes than it does the footwork scene

DNB and Jungle were there biggest casualties, but it's certainly happened with house music, juke, and footwoork as well. Its started to die down, but there was so much bandwagon junk coming out of the UK. Tracks that poorly imitate old music or revolve around gimmicky vocals that come out by the truckload. They suck out everything that made the tracks good. Whens the last time you heard Sicko Cell? A lot of music that barely last a year before its totally written off, so much of it lacks any shred of longevity.

People like Marquis Hawkes making EPs titled, 'Cabrini Green' and tracks called 'Gotta Get Outta This Hood'. Wtf does he know about any of that stuff? People naming themselves Detroit Swindle. Sorry to go off on a tangent and I know a lot of you don't care, but that shit is fucking infuriating to me.

DNB and Jungle were there biggest casualties, but it's certainly happened with house music, juke, and footwoork as well. Its started to die down, but there was so much bandwagon junk coming out of the UK. Tracks that poorly imitate old music or revolve around gimmicky vocals that come out by the truckload. They suck out everything that made the tracks good. Whens the last time you heard Sicko Cell? A lot of music that barely last a year before its totally written off, so much of it lacks any shred of longevity.

People like Marquis Hawkes making EPs titled, 'Cabrini Green' and tracks called 'Gotta Get Outta This Hood'. Wtf does he know about any of that stuff? People naming themselves Detroit Swindle. Sorry to go off on a tangent and I know a lot of you don't care, but that shit is fucking infuriating to me.

DS are from the Netherlands based of my 3 second google research.
Whats wrong with sicko cell? If I heard it out id say yeah sick tune not heard it in awhile? Are you saying you constantly draw for old tunes or something?
Id argue some tracks are just banger tracks but the same guy still made Ellipsis and Hyph mngo more or less in the same year.

Top Bottom