• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

OG Kush

Really like what the guys from Dekmantel are doing currently.

The new podcast from Joey Anderson is really good.

https://soundcloud.com/dkmntl/dekmantel-podcast-012-joey-anderson

Ah I really want to go Dekmantel. I'm applying to a masters in Amsterdam next year, so god willing everything goes well and I'll be living in Amsterdam for a year and will be able to attend!

I know I'm pretty late, but I've just around to fully listening to Leon Vynehall. I've listened to some his stuff before, but not properly and I've even seen him live. Yesterday I sat down while writing up some notes and put on his 'Music for the uninvited' LP and goddamn this is so good. Started looking up more of his other tunes and I am very pleased.

boinx

Saw Surgeon last night, good fucking set. The last half of it was crazy, crowd was awesome too. Everyone dancing in silence and respecting the DJ.

okno

Saw Surgeon last night, good fucking set. The last half of it was crazy, crowd was awesome too. Everyone dancing in silence and respecting the DJ.

Jealous! Are you in Finland? Saw Samuli Kemmpi take a selfie with him last night on Instagram, hah. Dying to see Surgeon live.

boinx

Jealous! Are you in Finland? Saw Samuli Kemmpi take a selfie with him last night on Instagram, hah. Dying to see Surgeon live.

Yeah, it was at Ääniwalli. Pretty good venue. Another techno night again next weekend, still figuring out If I'm gonna go tho.

Dreaver

Surgeon is always such a pleasure. Can't wait to see him again. Think it will be my fourth time seeing him live.
Ah I really want to go Dekmantel. I'm applying to a masters in Amsterdam next year, so god willing everything goes well and I'll be living in Amsterdam for a year and will be able to attend!

Nice to see there's another Electro-GAF member in Amsterdam soon!

Widge

My last two mixes took 1 1/2 years to come to fruition; a combination of perfectionism and fatherhood.

Kicking off my fortyfortyfun thing again in order to get things out faster. Rough and ready if needs be! Plus 40 mins is far more digestible, even if heart rendering on the edit front.

Download link on everything at hearthis:

https://hearthis.at/fourfourfun/fourfourfun-fortyfortyfun04/

Mark Barrott - Bush Society
BXP - 6-00
sonofadistantearth - GAZA2
The Analogue Cops - 012014 (ft. Great Injuries & Stanley A)
French Fries - Change The Past (Fred P Reshape)
Mobach - Exotic Drones
Bohemian Groove - BG Funk (Posthuman Remix)
Andrew Red Hand - Mourning My Mother
Efdemin - Parallaxis (Traumprinz's Over 2 The End Version)

went to a campout at the groundswell insitute about 2 hours north of SF. Played some techno out in the woods, so much fun.

https://soundcloud.com/clarkdprice/groundswell

tracklist

Marco Shuttle - Sing Like a Bird
Helena Hauff - Rupture
Minor Science - Hapless
Gesloten Crikel - Sample
BFZ - Uff (Melchoir Productions)
Joey Anderson - Back Draft
Marcellus Pittman - The Mad Underdog
Basic Channel - Phylyps Track II/II
Daniel Bell - Work that Shit
Jerzz - Public Mask
Nina Kraviz - Working (Marcellus Pittman Remix)
DJ Qu - Everybody’s Dark
Paul du Lac - Backstreet Boy
Truncate - Control V2
Tin Man - Detroit
Africans with Mainframes - Nubian Rainbows
Titonton - Avenues
Rebeval - Braniac
Miss Kittin & the Hacker - PPPO (Function’s Sandwell District Remix)
Planetary Assault System - The Eyes Themselves
Jacob Korn - Backstar
Tuff Sherm & Patch Free - Pusillanimous (Frak Remix)
Voiski - From Sea to Sea
DJ Qu - Mixing Room
Cheep and Deep - Ala.One (Acapella)

okno

went to a campout at the groundswell insitute about 2 hours north of SF. Played some techno out in the woods, so much fun.

https://soundcloud.com/clarkdprice/groundswell

tracklist

Marco Shuttle - Sing Like a Bird
Helena Hauff - Rupture
Minor Science - Hapless
Gesloten Crikel - Sample
BFZ - Uff (Melchoir Productions)
Joey Anderson - Back Draft
Marcellus Pittman - The Mad Underdog
Basic Channel - Phylyps Track II/II
Daniel Bell - Work that Shit
Jerzz - Public Mask
Nina Kraviz - Working (Marcellus Pittman Remix)
DJ Qu - Everybody’s Dark
Paul du Lac - Backstreet Boy
Truncate - Control V2
Tin Man - Detroit
Africans with Mainframes - Nubian Rainbows
Titonton - Avenues
Rebeval - Braniac
Miss Kittin & the Hacker - PPPO (Function’s Sandwell District Remix)
Planetary Assault System - The Eyes Themselves
Jacob Korn - Backstar
Tuff Sherm & Patch Free - Pusillanimous (Frak Remix)
Voiski - From Sea to Sea
DJ Qu - Mixing Room
Cheep and Deep - Ala.One (Acapella)
Mad props for PPPO! A big secret weapon of mine :)

injurai

Banned
Alright. I haven't posted much for a while. I've chewed through a bunch of smaller tracks on soundcloud. Mostly consumed EPs/Singles this year so far. But here's some of the better things I've heard, just so I'm not dumping too much on everyone.

160 DnB/Juke
Itoa - Spell City this rocks my world, one of the big labels is going to pick him up soon
Ticklish - Givin' It Up one of the softer sounds on the juke scene

170 DnB
Hybrid Minds - So Far (ft. Riya) Spearhead continues to output great "lighter" sounds of dnb. Great piece.
Amoss & Fre4knc - Oxide From Dispatch, feels like a demon has decided to take up residence in your ears. Whole EP is great.
Etch - Flamingo Grove (aka Unlucky Mate) more of the jungle renaissance from the folks at keysound.
Om Unit - Sky techin (unreleased sketch) so much potential, I guess enough to still show us but not enough to make a proper release. Dude has QC no doubt.

Metalheadz Jungle
Mikal - Where They At
Fracture X Chimpo - From Early

Experimental Garage House
Kuoyah - Blue Drift part of a larger LP if your so inclined

Bass/Grime
Iglew - Sleep Lighter VIP For fans of Murlo and Rabit check this out.
Slackk - Sleeper Carriage dear lord, it's like a dark dream that I want to get back

Bass/Dub
Nomine - Blind Man whole ep is good too

Dub/140 Jungle "Gantz"
Gantz = Spooky Action From A Distance never heard anything like this, gantz is nuts

Jazz/Tour De Force for music
Kamasi Washington - 'Miss Understanding' the album is incredible

<3
2011 Amon Tobin - Ruthless reprise (Eskmo Remix)

Sets
thump - Emika "DREI" Pre-Album Mix techno/bass seriously incredible set.
Rinse FM Podcast - Machinedrum w/ dBridge, Om Unit + Fracture
Mark System - BBC Radio1 Exit 60DNB

Hmm more than I thought...

Dreaver

Is this the place to mention the new Jean-Michel Jarre single?

https://pro.beatport.com/release/conquistador/1502022 (Beatport only)

Or is the Gesaffelstein collaboration more appropriate for the EDM thread? Wondering if this upcoming album is shaping up to be a "collaborate with the trendy young artists" affair, between this and the upcoming M83 track.

Gesaffelstein is more appreciated here for sure! Gesaffelstein is great. Also liking the vibe of the new track.
To contribute to this thread: Sluwe Vos - Apex.

Dirty!

Also, does anyone here own the TR8 / TB4?

okno

I always love unexpectedly coming across edits of tracks I love. Perseus Trax did a fuckign awesome edit of Girlfriend is better by the Talking Heads. I originally heard Servito play it at No Way Back last year and I lost my damned mind. It's track 3. Anyone have any other good edits theyve randomly stumbled upon?

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/sir-leon-greg-warehouse-classics-3/524080-01/

HOLY GOD I NEED THIS

I got this edit by mistake: Prince Robotnick - Problemes D'Amour 1999

Boyfriend thought he found me a VG++ copy of the 12" single of Robotnick's Problemes D'Amour, which, for a good copy, is at least $30. Turns out its a white label mashup from 2007, and the only info I can find on it ANYWHERE is its Discogs page, which is nothing.

I'm pretty happy with this mistake.

HOLY GOD I NEED THIS

I got this edit by mistake: Prince Robotnick - Problemes D'Amour 1999

Boyfriend thought he found me a VG++ copy of the 12" single of Robotnick's Problemes D'Amour, which, for a good copy, is at least $30. Turns out its a white label mashup from 2007, and the only info I can find on it ANYWHERE is its Discogs page, which is nothing.

I'm pretty happy with this mistake.
okno youre in NY right? My and my buddy aaron are representing Honcho at The Bunker pride party. Would be cool to meet you.

gdt

Right now I'm mainly catching up on older stuff. Kelela Cut 4 Me, Caribou, Giraffage, Youandwean, etc.

Also digging Marquis Hawkes right now.

BeeDog

A question for the techno-heads here at GAF; if you have to select one techno producer/band as your favorite, who would it be?

I've been into techno for a good while now and had to think long and hard, but if I had to choose someone, it would be Mike Dehnert. The guy's rock solid all the time, and I can't think of one single track which I dislike from him. Which is quite impressive considering his insane output speed.

Dreaver

Difficulty.

I'm going to say it's a tie between Blawan, Ben sims or Surgeon for me.

Live / DJ'ing = Surgeon
Productions = Blawan
Allround = Ben Sims (very skilled DJ, awesome productions, huge range of styles)

CoolOff

New Disclosure is trash. Not Latch-levels of bad, but still awful. Someone in the SC-comments called it EDM-fodder which sounds about right.

Dany

Banned
I really like it.

As work speedily progresses on our next record, we wanted to give you guys something for the summer. Been playing this one in our DJ sets for a while now and couldn't resist putting it up! Hope you enjoy... So much more on the way!

Makes me wonder if this sound will carry throughout the album

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
A question for the techno-heads here at GAF; if you have to select one techno producer/band as your favorite, who would it be?

I've been into techno for a good while now and had to think long and hard, but if I had to choose someone, it would be Mike Dehnert. The guy's rock solid all the time, and I can't think of one single track which I dislike from him. Which is quite impressive considering his insane output speed.

Hmm... I'm gonna have to go with Vince Watson, since I'm a big fan of his melodic, trancey style.

Top Bottom