• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Odd how there used to be so much activity in this thread... it's not like the scene has slowed down any. Kinda makes me wish we could fast forward to that 20,000th post in order to get a new thread going in order to (hopefully) generate some heat.

Anyway, a few things I've been playing at work quite a bit lately

Andrea - Outlines
Adalberto - Toolbox
Sotofett & Pender Street Steppers - Trushmix 70
Last week's Beats In Space mixes with Andy Butler and Tim Sweeney

Jumpin' back to the late '90s with 16B's Sounds From Another Room and LFO - Advance

also trying to decide if that Sa-Pa is worth the excitement that was surrounding its release. I like it but I don't love it.

gdt

Saw Disclosure the other night (who killed it really) and Claude Vonstroke. Who was also awesome. Dug into his tracklist and now I'm going through some DirtyBird releases. Kill Frenzy's album is awesome.

Pete Rock

I am in a cultural wasteland and only get localized refreshers when I visit the west cost so most of my exposure comes from the accounts I follow on Soundcloud. Also all of the wonderful things you fantastic folks share through links. I discovered Dirty Bird through Shiba San and I like that kind of material. It's fun and funky and can step into aggressive territory but not what I would call deep or dark necessarily. Definitely more dance oriented than chill and contemplate oriented.

I am just in love with techno and tech house ever since I experienced it first hand last fall. Really fantastic, I love the soundscapes and the rhythms, it always feels like it allows me to hear things in my own head that aren't really there. The composition is very "suggestive" in that way. I kind of feel like all the hype from the "big room house" scene has switched to "deep house" and a lot of that is starting to sound too samey to me, at least in regards to "melodic deep house" ughh whatever with the female vox already, I'm over it before I even hear it.

Speaking of, does anyone know what the pitch shifted male vocal theme originated with? You know, the "god voice" they always use on vocal spoken word samples? I am assuming it is thematically beyond electronic music and predated in film or some other medium but I would still like to know more of the history of this application. It always reminds me of the modulation that occurs to your vocal chords when you inhale a specific gas.

Moog Conspiracy - A Bottle Full of Smoke [Sisyhos Dampfer] [16102015]

IWantToBeWithYou[afx Editional]

gdt

I'm really tired of this hippie happy house trip hop phase that HNNY is in. I need more bangers like No and Exactly and Sneeze.

Prob wont mean much to anyone in here these days but hes talking about our night.
a166a7117d7aae5f95884dddc923795aef5b63c8.png

BeeDog

So, I've been writing up all the albums I've loved/really liked during 2015 before all the "best of" discussions and rankings pop up, and I just realized this year's utterly stacked and it'll be a major pain in the ass to actually do any type of rating. This year has been truly massive, perhaps the best one I've experienced in my life.

Figured I'd do a text dump of everything I've liked so far to give you others some hints No sorting has been done, but the closest thing might be release-date wise since I've often just appended album names by the latest released one. Do note that most of it is heavily techno-focused. I also don't list any compilations, and there has been some amazing ones released this year.

• Daniel Stefanik - Genesis
  • Vril - Portal
  • Levon Vincent - Levon Vincent
  • Mumdance & Logos - Proto
  • L'estasi Dell'oro - I Look Upon Nature While I Live In A Steel City
  • Bambounou - Centrum
  • Nadastrom - Nadastrom
  • Zenker Brothers - Immersion
  • Killawatt - Émigré
  • Terence Fixmer - Depth Charged
  • The Persuader - Skärgård
  • Lewis Fautzi - Space Exploration
  • Run Dust - Serf Rash
  • Donor - Against All
  • The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy
  • Oscar Mulero - Muscle And Mind
  • Dave DK - Val Maira
  • Frits Wentink - Rarely Pure, Never Simple
  • Zum Goldenen Schwarm - Aufgang
  • Maxime Dangles - Resilience
  • Florian Meindl - Collide
  • Hudson Mohawke - Lantern
  • The Fear Ratio - Refuge Of A Twisted Soul
  • Citizenn - Human Interface
  • Post Scriptum - Post Scriptum 01
  • Civil Duty - Civil Duty
  • Lakker - Tundra
  • Nick Höppner - Folk
  • MATRiXXMAN - Homesick
  • Vince Staples - Summertime '06
  • Bangkok Snobriety - To The New Era
  • 30drop - Tools For The Dimensional Step LP
  • The Black Dog - Neither/Neither
  • Heathered Pearls - Body Complex
  • Dusty Kid - Not So Green Fields
  • Aardvarck - Co In Ci
  • Benjamin Damage - Obsidian
  • Viers - Freesia
  • Patricia - Bem Inventory
  • Secluded - Distant Memories
  • CW/A - Words Unspoken, Acts Undone
  • Ipman - Depatterning
  • Mörbeck - T.R.I.P.S.
  • Kangding Ray - Cory Arcane
  • Phase - Alone In Time?
  • Basic Soul Unit - Under The Same Sky
  • Headless Horseman - Headless Horseman 007
  • Abdulla Rashim - A Shell Of Speed
  • Dax J - Shades Of Black
  • Aphrohead - Resurrection
  • Scuba - Claustrophobia
  • Pearson Sound - Pearson Sound
  • Jamie xx - In Colour
  • Kartei - The Information Is Coming From The Server
  • Varg - Ursviken
  • Alex Bau - Musick
  • The Chemical Brothers - Born In The Echoes
  • DJ Richard - Grind
  • Sergie Rezza - Sergie Rezza
  • Cardopusher - Manipulator
  • Run The Jewels - Meow The Jewels
  • Simoncino - Amazon Atlantis
  • Chevel - Blurse
  • Paranoid London - Paranoid London
  • Architectural - Amour
  • UVB - Life
  • Johannes Heil - The Black Light

okno

Had some friends over the other night, and ended up playing for several hours, and forgot that I had recorded some of it. Here's an hour snippet from that night.

What Had Happened Was...

RNDM - Summer Smile
Virginia - Fictional
Traumprinz - All the Things
Symbols & Instruments - Mood (Optimystic Mix)
Break SL - Trocadero
Redshape - Made of Steel
Lidell Townsell - I'll Make You Dance
John Barera & Will Martin - Reality
Steffi - Tank (Beat Version)
Roman Lindau - Fluide
Prosumer & Murat Tepeli - U & I
Motor City Drum Ensemble - Raw Cuts #3
The Mole - Nervous Disid
Trevino - Derelict
Skudge - Wonder Stories

Had some friends over the other night, and ended up playing for several hours, and forgot that I had recorded some of it. Here's an hour snippet from that night.

What Had Happened Was...

RNDM - Summer Smile
Virginia - Fictional
Traumprinz - All the Things
Symbols & Instruments - Mood (Optimystic Mix)
Break SL - Trocadero
Redshape - Made of Steel
Lidell Townsell - I'll Make You Dance
John Barera & Will Martin - Reality
Steffi - Tank (Beat Version)
Roman Lindau - Fluide
Prosumer & Murat Tepeli - U & I
Motor City Drum Ensemble - Raw Cuts #3
The Mole - Nervous Disid
Trevino - Derelict
Skudge - Wonder Stories
I don't know most of those, but Traumprinz - All the Things is one of my favorites

Richie Hawtin has surprise-dropped his new album, From My Mind To Yours, and essentially revived most of his old aliases (Plastikman, Childsplay, FUSE, Circuit Breaker, 80xx, etc.). It's surprisingly great!

https://open.spotify.com/album/0RnEsdZfkPAgAwUGGF0RD7

I have to admit that I was pretty stunned by this record. Richie hasn't really done it for me in a long time. Lots of Detroit sound on this album. Really enjoying it.

gdt

Has Bobby Champs died or something? Gave up on music? He's been gone for like 3 years and stopped tweeting in march. His couple of EPs are awesome.

Top Bottom