• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Ashhong

Hey guys, a good friend of mine produces music and stuff and I work with him, giving him feedback etc. He's working on a remix of Hide & Seek and I could use some fresh ears. Not sure how big trance is in here, but I thought why not?

http://usershare.net/1fu56p2jyrfz

A lot of things are temporary, like the melody at the intro, the high pitched melody in the end, etc etc. Thanks for any thoughts :)

Schmitty

:Motorbass said:
wow joelseph; thanks for the song. that's one of those songs that I play for an entire afternoon in a loop because I enjoy them so much. For me, the dissonance in the vocals does it.

My top 3 Songs of the Week are:

1: Wolfgang Gartner - Illmerica (Extended Mix)
2: Martin Solveig feat Dragonette - Hello (Dada Life Remix) (DAT DROP!!)
3: Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand (Just Banks "How Low" Remix)
Where can I find Illmerica to download? iTunes doesn't have it.

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
Schmitty said:
Where can I find Illmerica to download? iTunes doesn't have it.

It's a beatport.com exclusive. Most big tracks nowadays are, so Beatport is much better to get electronic music from then iTunes.

Trackitdown.net and Junodownload.com are cheaper alternatives for non-Beatport exclusive tracks.

Schmitty

Rukes said:
It's a beatport.com exclusive. Most big tracks nowadays are, so Beatport is much better to get electronic music from then iTunes.

Trackitdown.net and Junodownload.com are cheaper alternatives for non-Beatport exclusive tracks.
Damn, $2.50 for one one song?

okno

Schmitty said:
Damn, $2.50 for one one song?

It's also over twice the sound quality. Most songs land at about $1.50 on BP. It's well worth it, especially if you DJ in the slightest, as the website is intended for DJs.

Going to this next Saturday: http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?196028
Matthew Dear
Holy Ghost
Crocodiles
Gold Panda
JDH & Dave P

It's a really full line-up, which is kind of a bummer, because that means they'll each get 90 minutes, max, for their respective sets. Still, I'm stoked, and you can't beat $15.

Shaneus

Future Music Festival (Australia) has just been announced:
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS
DIZZEE RASCAL
PENDULUM
MARK RONSON & THE BUSINESS INTL
MGMT
KE$HA
THE PRESETS
LEFTFIELD
ART VS SCIENCE
STEVE ANGELLO
RICHIE HAWTIN PRES. PLASTIKMAN
SVEN VATH

SANDER VAN DOORN
STEVE AOKI
LOCO DICE
COSMIC GATE
ETIENNE DE CRECY
DON DIABLO

ZANE LOWE
THE SUBS
SOUND OF STEREO
JAMES HOLROYD

Bolded the ones I'm interested in. Especially Leftfield... hooooly shit. Sven Vath and Don Diablo I've seen before, but are proven entertainers. Can't fucking wait!

Shaneus

joelseph said:
Nice!

Golden Bug (ft Esser) - Never Stop Dancing (official bootleg)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQKB0Eo2oKA
Um, shit... that's really nice. If that's dubstep, I take back everything I said a few posts ago :lol (though I suspect it's not... it's more like some wondrous tech/minimal hybrid)

Edit: I think I might be a bit slow on the uptake with this one, but it's such a drivey banger, it deserves the right to be posted here. Electrixx vs. Alex Mind - No Discussion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5T89VX_Mec

Is it just me that finds it funny that I heard (via touchbass)
Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me (Hey Champ Remix)
9+ months ago and the normal version has just reached the uk :lol Laughing at people quoting the lyrics and such on Facebook. Kind of sad really.

Shaneus

Johnlenham said:
9+ months ago and the normal version has just reached the uk :lol Laughing at people quoting the lyrics and such on Facebook. Kind of sad really.
Produced by Gigamesh, member of Discotech that did the insanely good remixes of Roxanne (by The Police) and Everything In It's Right Place (by Radiohead).

btkadams

Shaneus said:
Produced by Gigamesh, member of Discotech that did the insanely good remixes of Roxanne (by The Police) and Everything In It's Right Place (by Radiohead).
i love mixing with that remix of everything in it's right place. so good.

subrock

Johnlenham said:
link those people to my mixes! it'll probably blow their minds!:D

Chaplain

Click on the link below to listen (direct from Radio 1's site):

Marcus Schossow - Essential Mix 2010.10.16

01. Sebastian Brandt - Fabricator [Armada]
02. Oliver Englafjord - If Grey Was The Colour Of The Sun [Tone Diary]
03. Ozgur Can - Out Of Your Little House [My Disco Preset]
04. Luis Flores & Vitamins4u - B4U [Hidden Agenda]
05. Carlo Lio - False Information [Intec]
06. Schossow - Checkmate [Tone Diary]
07. Miki Litvak - Pollinator (Gary Beck Remix) [Punch Music]
08. Thomas Gold & Alex Kenji - What's Up [Spinnin]
09. Mike Hawkins & Thomas Sagstad - Monsters [CD-R]
10. Sebjak - Technologic [CD-R]
11. Sander van Doorn - Intro (XX Booty Mix) [Doorn]
12. Lange - Harmonic Motion (Marcus Schossow Trouse Remix) [Lange Recordings]
13. Martin Solveig & Dragonette - Hello (Dada Life Remix) [Mixture]
14. Wolfgang Gartner - Illmerica [Ultra]
15. Marcus Schossow & Mike Hawkins - Love Juice [Tone Diary]
16. Marcus Schossow - Los Angeles [Musical Freedom]
17. Dennis Ferrer - Hey Hey (Marcus Schossow Remix) [Defected]
18. Schossow - Alright [Spinnin]
19. EDX & Daniel Portman - Darkside (Daniel Portman Mix) [Pinkstar]
21. Boom Jinx & Andrew Bayer - Fracture [Anjunadeep]
22. Progresia - Sibir [Tone Diary]
23. Marcus Schossow - Genre This [Tone Diary]
24. Evol Waves - Kingdom [Spinnin]
25. Breakfast - Triple Drop [Flashover]
26. Susana feat. Josh Gabriel - Frozen (Nic Chagall Remix) [Armada]
27. BT - The Emergency (Marcus Schossow Remix) [Blackhole]
28. Leon Bolier & Marcus Schossow - Ost Kaas (Mozarella Mix) [Streamlined]
29. Marcus Schossow - Strings [Tone Diary]

btkadams

im finding myself very into foreign beggars lately. i just found them from a thread on gaf about a month ago and i love their electronic drumnbass style of songs. it's great to hear rappers not trying to act all hardcore and shit too. does anybody know of some good remixes of them? i love their rap style.

joelseph

The 2 Bears Curious Nature EP is out on Southern Fried
http://soundcloud.com/southernfriedrecords/sets/the-2-bears-curious-nature-ep-1/s-qKFLr

---

Another great Greenmoney Productions on Ministry of Sound
http://core.thomaslaupstad.com/mini...reenmoney-productions-with-c-r-s-t-guest-mix/

Tracklist:
MZ BRATT – SELECTA – GREENMONEY REMIX
SHORTSTUFF – WHAT MICKEY TALKING ABOUT?
DJ CHAMPION – 1994 – GREENMONEY DUBPLATE
T.E.E.D – HOW FAR
T WILLIAMS – GETTING MINE

GUEST MIX – C.R.S.T
T Williams – People’s Choice
Hypno – Over The Top
Bowly – Bleeps
Karizma – 33rd Anthems
Gregory and Sidney Samson – Dama S Salon
T Williams – Chop And Screw
CRST – Redeye (Cooly G RMX)
CRST – Sunny Si Dub

---

Chaplain

Live right now: Armada Night

2010-10-20_armada_f.jpg

On now: Markus Schulz

The following two djs will be:

02.30 – 03.15 W&W (NL)
03.15 – 04.00 Sean Tyas (USA)

Click to listen:

http://www.urtrancezone.com:8000/listen.pls

okno

Yesssss! I'm so excited to see what comes out of ADE this year. Not into trance in the slightest, but thanks for the reminder.

Patrick Bateman! edit: Browsing YouTube after checking out Mit led me to Les Petits Pilous. Oh my goodness. I forgot how fun electro-house can be.

okno

http://seeyounextlifethrashcowboy.wordpress.com/

Anyone ever checked this blog out? It's run by a DJ who goes by Manji, and he's pretty damn good. He gained a lot of attention with his series of Motor City Drum Ensemble-exclusive mixes (part 3 was just released), and is now beginning to just gain a whole lot of notoriety. He's a really solid DJ, and I was introduced to him by his first MCDE mix, but I've been checking out the stuff on his blog (just found it tonight), and it's really solid. I love the '1162' mix, really killer deep house and disco beats.

I highly recommend this guy to anyone with even a remote interest in house/deep house/disco/acid house.

edit: Everyone check out Space Dimension Controller on the RBMA stream! They blew me away at Bunker last month!

Nyx

http://redbullmusicacademyradio.com/

You can listen to DJ sets from the ADE all day there.

Schedule for today : (GMT +2 hours)

12.00 Palmbomen (Non Records, Netherlands)
13.00 Triphouse
14.00 Space Dimension Controller (R&S, Belfast)
15.00 Brutuzz (Conflict, Netherlands) & Falty DL (Planet Mu, New
York City)
16.00 Oval (Thrill Jockey, Berlin)
17.15 Michael Mayer (Kompakt, Cologne)
18.00 Jesse Rose (Front Room, Made To Play, London)
19.00 Elektro Guzzi (Macro, Vienna)
20.00 Kenny Larkin (Planet E, West Hollywood)
21.00 360 (Trouw, Amsterdam)

okno

Oh crap. Clone Records is live right now. Oh crap!

I don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight.

edit: Not live, actually, but still. I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
okno said:
http://seeyounextlifethrashcowboy.wordpress.com/

Anyone ever checked this blog out? It's run by a DJ who goes by Manji, and he's pretty damn good. He gained a lot of attention with his series of Motor City Drum Ensemble-exclusive mixes (part 3 was just released), and is now beginning to just gain a whole lot of notoriety. He's a really solid DJ, and I was introduced to him by his first MCDE mix, but I've been checking out the stuff on his blog (just found it tonight), and it's really solid. I love the '1162' mix, really killer deep house and disco beats.

I highly recommend this guy to anyone with even a remote interest in house/deep house/disco/acid house.

edit: Everyone check out Space Dimension Controller on the RBMA stream! They blew me away at Bunker last month!

That 1162 mix sounds amazing (Ilija Rudman, Tornado Wallace, The Revenge == OMG)... too bad it's blocked at work :(

Shaneus

Fffuuuuu........
Last night’s Phoenix/Dirty Projectors/Wavves show at Madison Square Garden became an even bigger deal when Daft Punk joined the headliners during the encore. According to the Village Voice, they did “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger” and added extra synths and noise to “1901.” This was Daft Punk’s first live appearance in three years (except for a brief cameo during the Grammy Awards in 2008), and hopefully the first of many now that Tron: Legacy is coming out.

Shaneus

Daft Punk? I saw them for their Alive 07 (?) tour in Melbourne, AU. Absolutely batshit insane. If you go by yourself you'll make a few thousand new friends, guaranteed.

okno

Shaneus said:
Daft Punk? I saw them for their Alive 07 (?) tour in Melbourne, AU. Absolutely batshit insane. If you go by yourself you'll make a few thousand new friends, guaranteed.

The amount of ecstasy swimming in a crowd at Daft Punk must be unreal. I'm sure there are enough people rolling there to give any sober person a contact high.

Shaneus

Not as much as a regular "rave" or DJ though I'd reckon... DP has more mainstream appeal than the others, so I'd figure you're more likely to find someone sober/drunk than one who's completely off their dial. Mood wouldn't be any different though, I'm sure people would be enjoying it just as much (if not moreso) straight.

PS. If I had a dollar for every gig I went to where I thought "I wonder how many pills are doing the rounds right now" I'd be a millionaire :lol

joelseph

Shaneus said:
Not as much as a regular "rave" or DJ though I'd reckon... DP has more mainstream appeal than the others, so I'd figure you're more likely to find someone sober/drunk than one who's completely off their dial. Mood wouldn't be any different though, I'm sure people would be enjoying it just as much (if not moreso) straight.

PS. If I had a dollar for every gig I went to where I thought "I wonder how many pills are doing the rounds right now" I'd be a millionaire :lol

I agree with this. Daft Punk was what DeadMou5 is now, a way for mainstream kids to get involved in a scene similar to raves.

joelseph

Here is something we can all get behind. A HOUSE MIX!

Enjoy!

Round Table Knights Autumn Mix

http://drop.io/yeh7khv

Pure Ecstasy – Pressure Drop
How To Dress Well – Lover’s Start
James Blake – I Only Know (What I Know Now)
DJ Koze – Blume Der Nacht
Mano Le Tough – Eurodancer
Dale Howard – Body Talk
Homework – I Got One (You’re It) (Mercury Remix)
Andre Crom, Luca Doobie – Verve
Jesse Rose Vs MTP Allstars – Yeah
Eldoko – Woodworm Blues (Monkey Safari Remix)
Disorder, Cesare – Don’t Leave Me
Justin Martin, Galen – Dust Devil
Jagged – Biasca
Fritz Zander – For Your Love
Affkt – Bad Habbit (Affkt & Samuel Dan Vs. Atfc feat. Lisa Millet)
Round Table Knights & Zombie Disco Squad – Endless
Deetron – Sing
Dimlite – Can’t Get Used To Those (Afterlude)

joelseph

Sinden's latest tracklist

Horsepower Productions – Mexican Slayride – Tempa
Scientist vs Guido – Korg Back Dub – Tectonic
DJ / Rupture & Matt Shadatek – Sunset B35 – Dutty Artz
Girl Unit – Wut – Night Slugs
Gold Panda – Vanilla Minus – Notown
SBTRKT – Look At Stars – Young Turks
The Niallist – I Came – Little Rock
Rustie – Neko – Warp Records
These New Piritons ft Main Attraktionz – 3000 – Domino
Tan Lines – Bees (Capracara Remix) – CDR
Pearson Sound – Blanked – Hesson Audio
Warrior One – Lord Of Bashy (Douster Remix) – Mixpak
The 2 Bears – Church – Southern Fried
Ramadanman & Appleblim – Void 23 (Carl Craig Re-Edit) – AUS
Brackles & Shortstuff ft Terrible Shock – Good Foundations – Blunted Robots

btkadams

joelseph said:
I agree with this. Daft Punk was what DeadMou5 is now, a way for mainstream kids to get involved in a scene similar to raves.
i agree that daft punk would probably have more drunk/sober/stoned people than high on discobiscuits, but the deadmau5 show i went to in calgary in july was filled to the max with tweakers. i think deadmau5 is mainstream but in a different way. chongos and guidos flock to him because they want something to do ecstasy at. hes a great artist, but that seems to be the huge crowd he's attracted on top of his regular fans.

at least, thats how it is here in calgary.

Shaneus

Yeah, I get that same impression too. I have a feeling that the only sets people see that don't involve people taking something are where they're too busy trying to look hipster to bother being anything but sober... unless they're drinking something so tacky it "comes full circle" and is "hip" again (like cask wine here in AU, probably cheap champagne o/s). However, Soulwax/2manydjs sets seem to be the exception. A lot of people seem fairly straight and not "hip" yet get right into their sounds.

PS. Chongo :lol (I had to Google it)

PPS. Said hipsters:
hipster.jpg

Shaneus

Depending on what the focus of their show is/was, you may not be missing much. I saw about 10 mins of them here in Melbourne at a festival and they were very disappointing.

joesmokey

Game Analyst said:
http://www.crystalclouds.com/forum/newspix/newsfull/ledroomtrancemission400_orig_0431.jpg[IMG]

[I]Live Audio[/I]: [url]http://www.radiofg.be/stream/radiofg-ant.pls[/url]

TimeTable in CET

22.00 - 23.00 : Kristof van den Berghe
23.00 - 00.00 : Fred Baker
00.00 - 01.00 : Airwave
01.00 - 03.00 : Cosmic Gate
03.00 - 04.00 : Beltek
04.00 - 05.00 : Fast Distance
05.00 - 06.00 : Kristof van den Berghe[/QUOTE]
Tuned into this right now, thanks for the heads up.

joelseph

Ministry of Sound has the best radio shows going right now. Greenmoney Productions and Follow the Bears with Raf Daddy have the best tracklists week in and week out. Def don't miss them if you are looking for hot tracks.

btkadams

joelseph said:
Ministry of Sound has the best radio shows going right now. Greenmoney Productions and Follow the Bears with Raf Daddy have the best tracklists week in and week out. Def don't miss them if you are looking for hot tracks.
but they're soooo mainstream :p

Chaplain

Live webcast today @ 1pm PST: TOP 100 DJ's 2010 awards party (October 27, @ Manchester)

61626489909173032136365.jpg

After an unprecedented voting period that saw Top 100 DJs receive over half a million votes from 235 different countries, it’s nearly time to announce 2010’s World Number One DJ! The definitive DJ poll has once again proved itself as the only poll that counts, and with this year’s epic voting figures in mind we thought 2010 deserved TWO massive awards parties… Also, to ensure neither party misses out on a set from the newly crowned World’s Number 1 DJ, we have chartered a helicopter to transport the winner from London to Manchester in time for the final set at Sankeys! Legendary DJ Boy George will be on hand to present the awards between 11:30pm and midnight at London’s Ministry of Sound, whilst DJs the likes of Sasha, Deadmau5 (unhooked), Afrojack, Fedde Le Grand, Laidback Luke, Jerome Isma-ae and Eddie Halliwell entertain the sellout crowd. We have partnered up with web TV community b@TV - THE destination for live and on demand coverage of the hottest summer festivals, club nights and VIP events. Through innovative technology, the entire party will be streamed live, in HD, at http://www.be-at.tv to music fans at home all over the world and the waiting crowd at the recently voted World’s Number One Club, Sankeys!

Listen / Watch live (starts at 9pm London time/ 1pm PST):

LAIDBACK LUKE [1am – 3am]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/laidback-luke/

SASHA [10pm -11:30pm]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/sasha/

ABOVE & BEYOND [No Set Time Avalible]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/above-beyond/

DEDMAU5 (unhooked) [1am – 3am]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/deadmau5/

FEDDE LE GRAND [11:30pm – 1am]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/fedde-le-grande/

Pepto

Banned
My latest d&b mix:

01. The Prototypes – Cascade
>>> Twisted Individual – Crap Rinse Out (Serum Remix)
02. DC Breaks – Taken
03. DJ Fresh – Lassitude
04. Zen – Credit Funk
>>> Styles of Beyond – Subculture (Dylan + Ink Remix)
05. Twisted Individual – Wales (Northern Lights Remix)
>>> Styles of Beyond – Subculture (Dylan + Ink Remix)
06. Distorted Minds – T-10 (Dminds Gangster Step Mix)
07. Sigma – Stronger
08. Twisted Individual – Sick Bag (Serum Remix)
>>> Artful Dodger feat Richie Dan & Sevi G – Ruffneck Sound (Dillinja Remix)
09. Duck Sauce – Barbra Streisand (Sigma Remix)
10. Danny Byrd feat I Kay – Ill Behaviour
11. Cause 4 Concern – Seawolf (Illskillz Remix)
12. Sigma – Positive Vibes
13. Twisted Individual – Slam Dunk (Mutated Forms Remix)
14. Heist – Unicorn
15. Mass Production – Tea Bag
16. Lemonde – Dead By Dawn (VIP Remix)
17. DC Breaks – Babylon
18. Twisted Individual – Bollock Yoghurt (G Dub Remix)
19. Bailey – Africa Descent Remix
20. Underworld – Scribble (Radio Edit)
21. Redlight feat Ms. Dynamite – What You Talking About
22. Freestylers feat Belle Humble – Cracks
23. Flux Pavilion – Got 2 Know

djtiesto

Game Analyst said:
Live webcast today @ 1pm PST: TOP 100 DJ's 2010 awards party (October 27, @ Manchester)

61626489909173032136365.jpg

Listen / Watch live (starts at 9pm London time/ 1pm PST):

LAIDBACK LUKE [1am – 3am]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/laidback-luke/

SASHA [10pm -11:30pm]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/sasha/

ABOVE & BEYOND [No Set Time Avalible]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/above-beyond/

DEDMAU5 (unhooked) [1am – 3am]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/deadmau5/

FEDDE LE GRAND [11:30pm – 1am]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/fedde-le-grande/

Spoiler:
Armin won. Guetta #2, Tiesto #3

Shaneus

djtiesto said:
Spoiler:
Armin won. Guetta #2, Tiesto #3
Spoiler #2:
They're all average DJs.

I'm assuming it's a popularity contest rather than just on technical proficiency and ability to program a great set?

PS. I thought everyone was over trance now?

djtiesto

Shaneus said:
Spoiler #2:
They're all average DJs.

I'm assuming it's a popularity contest rather than just on technical proficiency and ability to program a great set?

PS. I thought everyone was over trance now?

DJ Mag readers apparently aren't :p Trance and electro house dominated this year.

Here's the leaked list

Disappointing to see Sasha and John Digweed so low. And no Nick Warren, Danny Howells, Tensnake, Desyn Masiello, Luke Fair, Add2Basket, Lee Burridge, Ricardo Villalobos, Magda, and plenty of others. Luckily this list is meaningless.

Top Bottom