• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

joelseph said:
Ministry of Sound has the best radio shows going right now. Greenmoney Productions and Follow the Bears with Raf Daddy have the best tracklists week in and week out. Def don't miss them if you are looking for hot tracks.
This is pretty awesome, I pray to god my shitty work internet/pc can handle streaming it!

btkadams

djtiesto said:
DJ Mag readers apparently aren't :p Trance and electro house dominated this year.

Here's the leaked list

Disappointing to see Sasha and John Digweed so low. And no Nick Warren, Danny Howells, Tensnake, Desyn Masiello, Luke Fair, Add2Basket, Lee Burridge, Ricardo Villalobos, Magda, and plenty of others. Luckily this list is meaningless.
How the hell can J.F.K. or MSTRKRFT itself not be on the list? J.F.K. is a monster when he DJs and certainly better than many of those.

Well, the list is still pointless but DAMN that part just really irked me.

Ashhong

Game Analyst said:
Live webcast today @ 1pm PST: TOP 100 DJ's 2010 awards party (October 27, @ Manchester)

61626489909173032136365.jpg

Listen / Watch live (starts at 9pm London time/ 1pm PST):

LAIDBACK LUKE [1am – 3am]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/laidback-luke/

SASHA [10pm -11:30pm]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/sasha/

ABOVE & BEYOND [No Set Time Avalible]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/above-beyond/

DEDMAU5 (unhooked) [1am – 3am]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/deadmau5/

FEDDE LE GRAND [11:30pm – 1am]:
http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/dj-mag/dj-mag-top-100-part/dj-mag-top-100-2010/fedde-le-grande/

How is Armin supposed to be playing at both parties at once? And are the set times you listed in PST or is that London time as well?

Oh, I guess he could just leave the party and go to the next one. Afrojack is playing right now if anyone cares.

Shaneus

btkadams said:
How the hell can J.F.K. or MSTRKRFT itself not be on the list? J.F.K. is a monster when he DJs and certainly better than many of those.

Well, the list is still pointless but DAMN that part just really irked me.
Things that shit me about that list:
I've seen three out of the top 10 recently (PvD, Corsten and Axwell). Axwell played about a minute of each song in his set, but none of the build ups of any, PvD was way average and Ferry Corsten sounded like he played the same track for three hours (at least, you'd think so if it wasn't for the multitude of beatmatching fuckups).

Wolfgang Gartner should be way fucking higher, can program a set like a motherfucker and can also produce insanely good tracks too (Latin Fever, for starters). Sven Vath is just amazing, Laidback Luke was average. Justice @ 99? Wow.

Guys I've seen first hand who should make the list but haven't:
Don Diablo - Productions aren't always great but can work a party and is an entertaining motherfucker.
MSTRKRFT - Amount of insane party tracks (Vuvuvu anyone?) and always has a crowd going.
Steve Aoki - Not a big fan but can really work a party crowd and played some nice tracks when I saw him on a main stage at a festival.
2manydjs - Fucking SERIOUSLY? Most creative (yet strangely dance-able) sets I've ever seen. Pretty sure they played Get Into the Groove by Madonna and everyone lost their shit to it. Really surprised they didn't make the list.

Some massive surprises there on acts that missed out. FFS.

Hipsters/club kids no longer think it's cool to vote anymore, I guess.

joelseph

btkadams said:
but they're soooo mainstream :p

They are! I feel so dirty listening to the station I just download the recorded shows I like! But for real Greenmoney Productions is popping off right now.

Ashhong

Made a set for my friends house party. Only my second mix so its pretty basic stuff, with plenty of mistakes :lol I think most of you guys in here will probably snub your nose at my music selection but oh well, thought I would post it anyway.

http://soundcloud.com/photik/photik-2010-andrew-live

1. Filo & Peri feat. Audrey Gallagher - This Night (Max Graham Remix)
2. Above & Beyond vs Kyau & Albert - Anphonic
3. Rank 1 & Jochen Miller vs Yuri Kane - The Great Escape Right Back (Armin Van Buuren Mashup) (6:46)
4. Max Graham Feat. Ana Criado - Nothing Else Matters (Aly & Fila Remix)
5. Tritonal - Audio Rush (Ferry Tayle Remix)
6. Gareth Emery Feat. Lucy Saunders - Sanctuary (Sean Tyas Remix)
7. Oceanlab - On A Good Day (Daniel Kandi Remix)
8. Ram & Dash Berlin - Man On The Run To Ramsterdam (Johnvas Mashup)
9. TyDi Feat. Tania Zygar - Vanilla (Ben Gold Remix)

joelseph

Sound Pellegrino just put up a sick mix on their tumblr. Don't have the link because mixcloud is blocked here. Jacques Greene is someone to watch. That Jay Weed track is no slouch either.

* Jacques Greene – Holdin’ On – Luckyme
* Joyce Muniz – Party over here, Party over there (Homework Remix) – Exploited
* Canblaster – Clockworks (Para One & Teki Latex Remix) – Nightshifters
* Bassanova – Terrordactyl (Nacho Lovers Remix) – Grizzly
* French Fries & Chaos in the CBD – With You -Youngunz
* Funkin Matt – Jim Dandy – Fjordin
* Drop the Lime – Hot As Hell (Canblaster remix) – Trouble & Bass
* Bambounou – Untitled – CDR
* Jay Weed – The Naos – 502
* High Powered Boys – Udon – Sound Pellegrino
* Mike q – Whip my Ha – CDR
* Style of Eye – Wet – Sound Pellegrino
* Savage Skulls – Caravan – Sound Pellegrino
* Worthy – The Big Perm (Harvard Bass Remix) – Discobelle records
* Panteros 666 – X Lova – Sound Pellegrino

joelseph

Finished my second listen of the Sound Pellegrino mix.

Two tracks really stand out:

Truly wish I could share youtube links with you guys but you will have to listen to the mix if you want to catch them. HOT HOT HOT tracks.

btkadams

Alucrid said:
So uh. what are they doing when they're pushing all those buttons and turning all those knobs?

don't kill me
EQ, volumes, effects, fading in other tracks, beatmatching, and checking twitter.

and if they don't have to beatmatch with what they are doing just sub out beatmatching and put in facebook.

Shaneus

btkadams said:
EQ, volumes, effects, fading in other tracks, beatmatching, and checking twitter.

and if they don't have to beatmatch with what they are doing just sub out beatmatching and put in facebook.
Which is why I'm still ultimately against Ableton as a form of DJing. For a live performance with crazy loops, VSTs and custom on-the-fly tracks? Sure. But if you're just mixing songs and barely anything else, stay the fuck away from a glorified media player.

Nyx

Shaneus said:
Time for something a bit different:
16-Bit Lolitas - Gig on the Moon

Anyone wanna help me with what genre that might be? I'm guessing some kind of ambient/prog house thing, but can't quite place it. Fucking love it though... just amazing to rock out to at any time of night.

16 Bit Lolitas are considered progressive house DJs/producers.

Shaneus

Yeah, kinda knew that... more just trying to work out that genre of song so I can hunt down more of it :lol Been a fan of Lolitas for a really long time, too... have done some awesome shit.

Nyx

Shaneus said:
Yeah, kinda knew that... more just trying to work out that genre of song so I can hunt down more of it :lol Been a fan of Lolitas for a really long time, too... have done some awesome shit.

Ah, thought you meant the lolitas in general, my bad.

Shaneus

All good! Oh, and I don't mean to bring in the whole "genre" arguments of electronic music again, just want to zero in on that style. Would love to do recovery-style mix with that sort of music in it.

I think Lutzenkirchen might do some similar stuff, if that helps. Just really deep, broody yet dance-able electro. On thinking, I suspect it might just be deep house. Kinda obvious, really :lol

joelseph

Jay Weed on Sinden 10/28/10

http://hotfile.com/dl/79036042/9bee658/Sinden_-_kiss100-sat-10-27-2010.mp3.html

Horsepower Productions – Damn It – Tempa
Canblaster – Clockworks (Para One And Teki Latex Remix) – Nightshifters
Mele – Trappin’ (Mensah’s Future Gime Remix) – Grizzly
Taz – Gold Tooth Grin – Numbers
Tubby T – Ready She Ready (Seiji Remix) – Soul Jazz Records
Munchi – Hope – T & A
Greek Gods – Y’all Aint Serious – Cdr
Jay Weed – Prism – 502

JAY WEED IN THE MIX
Elgato – Tonight – Hessle Audio
Jay Weed – City Staccs – Grizzly
Ramadanman – Grab Somebody – White
Distal – Apple Bottom – Embassy Recordings
Scratcha Dva – Step To Funk – Dva
Young L – Young L – E – N – Cdr
Commix – How You Gonna Feel (Pangea Mix) – Metalheadz
Ultravid – Clan Of Wow (Kingdom Remix) – Silverback
Crystal Fighters – Follow (Jay Weed Remix) – Different
Cosmic Revenge – Mind Eraser – Embassy Recordings

okno

Anybody going to any Halloween parties this weekend? Tomorrow night is Get Spooky with Ivan Smagghe, Heartthrob, DVS1, and Tobias Freunde (and the standard Blkmarket openers and closers), I'm pretty stoked. Sunday is The Dog and Pony Show with Butch, but I don't know if I want to to.

Magda's debut album just released this week. Its not all that great, but some of the tracks on it work really, really well when mixed into a set. As an album, it's disappointing, but individually it has some really banging moments.

Been playing 'tensnake in the house' on repeat for two weeks now. Such an awesome mix CD, but Its kind of a messy mix I've noticed.

I've been on a huge house kick lately, don't really know why. I've always been a techno nut, but this summer my tastes have flipped drastically. I still love my techno, but I'm now really seeing what house is capable of. Any recommendations? I don't like generic house or vocal house... Things like Axel Boman, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Recloose, etc.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Shaneus said:
All good! Oh, and I don't mean to bring in the whole "genre" arguments of electronic music again, just want to zero in on that style. Would love to do recovery-style mix with that sort of music in it.

I think Lutzenkirchen might do some similar stuff, if that helps. Just really deep, broody yet dance-able electro. On thinking, I suspect it might just be deep house. Kinda obvious, really :lol

That song would be deep, dark progressive house if we can get into specifics... too spacey and atmospheric to be deep house, too much melody and complexity to be tech house. Not as upbeat as the usual 16BL tracks.

Chaplain

Live right now:

Crystal Clouds 7th Birthday

Winamp: http://etn.fm/playlists/etn1beta.m3u
Windows Media Player: http://etn.fm/playlists/etn1-mp3-medium.wpl
Real Player: http://etn.fm/playlists/etn1-mp3-medium.ram

The line up for the next 4 days:

19:00 - 21:00 DJ Jerom
21:00 - 22:00 Daniel Kandi
22:00 - 23:00 Ronny K
23:00 - 00:00 Misja Helsloot

00:00 - 01:00 Misja Helsloot
01:00 - 02:00 Leon Bolier
02:00 - 03:00 Bjorn Akesson
03:00 - 04:00 Reverse
04:00 - 05:00 Rory Gallagher
05:00 - 06:00 Dennis Pedersen
06:00 - 07:00 Cantus
07:00 - 09:00 Karanda
09:00 - 10:00 Vale
10:00 - 12:00 Kaneda
12:00 - 13:00 Fast Distance
13:00 - 15:00 Sequentia
15:00 - 00:00 Ferry Tayle

00:00 - 01:00 Ferry Tayle
01:00 - 04:00 Angel Ace
04:00 - 05:00 Paul Pearson
05:00 - 06:00 Dave Deen
06:00 - 07:00 **INTERLUDE
07:00 - 08:00 Lazarus
08:00 - 10:00 Pizz@dox
10:00 - 11:00 Mat Lock
11:00 - 12:00 Elitist
12:00 - 15:00 BlueHawk
15:00 - 16:00 SoundLift
16:00 - 17:00 Menno de Jong
17:00 - 19:00 Top Twenty Tunes
19:00 - 21:00 Mellomania
21:00 - 23:00 Jon O'Bir
23:00 - 00:00 Activa

00:00 - 01:00 ReOrder
01:00 - 02:00 Redstar
02:00 - 03:00 Sebastian Brandt
03:00 - 05:00 Kenji Sekiguchi
05:00 - 07:00 Phillip Alpha
07:00 - 08:00 Ilgaz & Berk
08:00 - 09:00 Joni Ljungqvist
09:00 - 10:00 Dennis Sheperd
10:00 - 11:00 Arnej

okno

Nyx said:
http://soundcloud.com/gorge/gorge-october-2010

http://soundcloud.com/jacuzziboys/jacuzzi-boys-promo-10-2010

Been listening to these ones myself.

Also check out stuff from Reboot, Dyed Soundorum, Boris Werner, Lauhaus, Matthias Tanzmann etc. if you didn't knew them already. ;)
Boris spun at Pacha here (NYC) last night. Totally forgot about it until about 1am. Didn't bother trying to go, though, because I didn't feel like paying and it was at Pacha. Pacha is horrible...

Thanks for the recs! I've just been in this totally funky house mood all week! Going to lose my mind to some proper techno tonight, though. Kind of nervous about the party, because there have been a lot of police raids on parties this past week. The Ninja Tune anniversary party on Thursday with Amon Tobin got shut down before it even started, because someone had tipped off the cops that someone was selling weed there. Rumor has it that the Bowery group (affiliated with Live Nation) did it just to be spiteful, because they have recently lost a ton of gigs to better, smaller venues. Just gotta be safe this weekend.

okno

New RA Podcast is up and it's Space Dimension Controller : D http://ra4.residentadvisor.net/audio/RA231_101101_Space-Dimension-Controller-residentadvisor.net.mp3

Really liking what this guy does. His productions are a lot of fun, especially the stuff off his new EP.

Party last night got busted 30 minutes after it started. No arrests, cops just shut it down. Went to a Nicholas Jaar/Soul Clap party only to find it shut down, then went to two other parties and yeah they were all shut down. Cops went apeshit this weekend, but it's not a huge surprise. I just ended up at this little bar down the street from my apt where my friend was hosting a party. My friend and two of his buddies alternated spinning for a while, and then Bethany Benzur showed up and fucking tore the place to shreds. Night turned out alright in the end, but it was still a pretty disappointing night.

Derek Plaslaiko next Friday and then Ben Klock+nd_baumbecker on the 19th!

djtiesto

Oh wow, that Nicolas Jaar/Soul Clap party got shut down? :lol That looked pretty cool.

Some more funky house recommendations for you:

Jimpster - guy is such an amazing producer, he borders between deep and techy, and funky
Timewriter - similar in style to Jimpster but a tad darker
Add2Basket and Luke Fair - check out their Rogue Show podcast, their music is pure FUNK
Danny Howells - sure you know about this guy already ;)
Spirit Catcher
Desyn Masiello

Here are some good sites for mixes:

http://www.bringthebeats.com/
http://spiritsoulmixarchive.com

Shaneus

djtiesto said:
Oh wow, that Nicolas Jaar/Soul Clap party got shut down? :lol That looked pretty cool.

Some more funky house recommendations for you:

Jimpster - guy is such an amazing producer, he borders between deep and techy, and funky
Timewriter - similar in style to Jimpster but a tad darker
Add2Basket and Luke Fair - check out their Rogue Show podcast, their music is pure FUNK
Danny Howells - sure you know about this guy already ;)
Spirit Catcher
Desyn Masiello

Here are some good sites for mixes:

http://www.bringthebeats.com/
http://spiritsoulmixarchive.com
For what it's worth, if I had to name my favourite dance track of all time, this would be it (or come VERY fucking close):
Kirk DeGiorgio pres. Esoterik - Starwaves (Spirit Catcher remix)
Apologies for the piss poor audio on the YT vid. It's well worth tracking down the whole track (Beatport gave it away for free for their 5 year(?) anniversary). I actually saw them play this live a few years back in Melbourne. It was worth cruising through their slightly above-average tracks to hear this as their finale. Still gives me goosebumps.

Edit: That spiritsoulmixarchive page just goes to a placeholder. You might wanna fix it :)

Just finished and uploaded a mix onto Mix.dj.

After doing just basic shit mixes for friends to play at house party's, I've changed a little with the genre, going for a prog house/trance list, only I don't want to get too much into the trance side. I really like the 'twinkly and dreamy' tracks that are out there. Really gives me goosepimples, so if anyone can give me a few artists names similar to these in this mix, that would be great. I need to get a few more different artists in there!

http://www.mix.dj/index.php?act=mlite&CODE=showdetails&s_id=4154245

Scarlet (Original Mix) - Dinka
Every Sunrise (Original Mix) - Mango
5th In Blue (Mango Mix) - Proff & Mango
At The Edge Of This Mountain (Club Mix) - Aqua Diva & Mango
Friday Coffee (Paul Keeley remix) - Mango
Aguilas - Proff
Road To Perdition - Dinka
Summer Is Back (Claes Rosen Remix) - Add2Basket & Interplay
Breathe (Original Mix) - Proff
Soma Is Language (Original Mix) - Dinka
Volaris (Original) - Add2basket Vs Claes Rosen
The World Doesn't Know (Proff Remix) - Tilt
Mikado (Proff Remastered Remix) - Passenger 10
Canonball (Claes Rosen Remix) - Dinka
Kazantip - Dinka
Pyramid (Original Mix) - Jaytech

btkadams said:
i'm not typically a fan of dubstep, but i randomly will play maybe one or two dubstep songs in a set if i feel like it.

i played this song on sat at a halloween party and it really set things off. i've never danced that hard to dubstep ever haha. it's definitely on the more mainstream side of dubstep but man i'm a sucker for noisia.

SKRILLEX - SCARY MONSTERS AND NICE SPRITES (NOISIA REMIX)

Ya ive been checkin out skrillex the last few weeks since he played with deadmau5 a few times. Never heard of him before that... well I didnt realize he was the singer from first to last. He has some good shit though fo sho.

btkadams

BakedPigeon said:
Ya ive been checkin out skrillex the last few weeks since he played with deadmau5 a few times. Never heard of him before that... well I didnt realize he was the singer from first to last. He has some good shit though fo sho.
yeah i started listening to him about 4 to 6 months ago and to be honest i viewed him as a wolfgang gartner clone. he's totally branched out though and i think he's totally developed his own sound. i think his dubstep/house diversity works in his favour for sure.

Shaneus

Figure this is a good a place to ask as any... can anyone refer me to any reliable online sound hardware retailers that ship to Australia? I'm looking at getting a HS10W sub to match my HS50W monitors (it's an incentive to get into production, hopefully) but have no idea who to buy shit through.

Also, if anyone can suggest anything else to buy with my newly found windfall (I just cashed in 23kg of accumulated coins at my bank!) then let me know. I need toys!

djtiesto

MarkMclovin said:
Just finished and uploaded a mix onto Mix.dj.

After doing just basic shit mixes for friends to play at house party's, I've changed a little with the genre, going for a prog house/trance list, only I don't want to get too much into the trance side. I really like the 'twinkly and dreamy' tracks that are out there. Really gives me goosepimples, so if anyone can give me a few artists names similar to these in this mix, that would be great. I need to get a few more different artists in there!

http://www.mix.dj/index.php?act=mlite&CODE=showdetails&s_id=4154245

Scarlet (Original Mix) - Dinka
Every Sunrise (Original Mix) - Mango
5th In Blue (Mango Mix) - Proff & Mango
At The Edge Of This Mountain (Club Mix) - Aqua Diva & Mango
Friday Coffee (Paul Keeley remix) - Mango
Aguilas - Proff
Road To Perdition - Dinka
Summer Is Back (Claes Rosen Remix) - Add2Basket & Interplay
Breathe (Original Mix) - Proff
Soma Is Language (Original Mix) - Dinka
Volaris (Original) - Add2basket Vs Claes Rosen
The World Doesn't Know (Proff Remix) - Tilt
Mikado (Proff Remastered Remix) - Passenger 10
Canonball (Claes Rosen Remix) - Dinka
Kazantip - Dinka
Pyramid (Original Mix) - Jaytech

Lots of good songs in this list... this is the kinda stuff I play at peaktime. If you want more stuff like this, obviously look for anything on Anjunadeep.

Some other artists to check out that are along the same lines:

Eric Prydz/Pryda
Michael Cassette/Komytea/Squash 84
DJ Blueshift (he's a friend of mine, so gotta give him a shout)
Envotion
Jay Lumen
Helvetic Nerds
Henrik B
Joonas Hahmo
Pole Folder
16-bit Lolitas
Kosmas Epsilon
Miami Horror

Check out these mixes of mine, too:

Inner Harbor Sessions (Feb 2009)

House mix 10-23-2009

Also, Dinka is hot as hell:

29921_402175757504_28473737504_3887311_5182759_n.jpg

djtiesto

Alucrid said:
I was wondering if anyone had a list of 'must have' house tracks that I could get off beatport?

Must have's? Well, that's a pretty big list... for the hell of it, I say for now start with exploring the Strictly Rhythm back catalogue.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
joelseph said:
Sound Pellegrino just put up a sick mix on their tumblr. Don't have the link because mixcloud is blocked here. Jacques Greene is someone to watch. That Jay Weed track is no slouch either.

* Jacques Greene – Holdin’ On – Luckyme
* Joyce Muniz – Party over here, Party over there (Homework Remix) – Exploited
* Canblaster – Clockworks (Para One & Teki Latex Remix) – Nightshifters
* Bassanova – Terrordactyl (Nacho Lovers Remix) – Grizzly
* French Fries & Chaos in the CBD – With You -Youngunz
* Funkin Matt – Jim Dandy – Fjordin
* Drop the Lime – Hot As Hell (Canblaster remix) – Trouble & Bass
* Bambounou – Untitled – CDR
* Jay Weed – The Naos – 502
* High Powered Boys – Udon – Sound Pellegrino
* Savage Skulls – Caravan – Sound Pellegrino
* Worthy – The Big Perm (Harvard Bass Remix) – Discobelle records
* Panteros 666 – X Lova – Sound Pellegrino

Sound Pellegrino <3

Teki & Orgasmic 4 LIFE

djtiesto said:
Lots of good songs in this list... this is the kinda stuff I play at peaktime. If you want more stuff like this, obviously look for anything on Anjunadeep.

Some other artists to check out that are along the same lines:

Eric Prydz/Pryda
Michael Cassette/Komytea/Squash 84
DJ Blueshift (he's a friend of mine, so gotta give him a shout)
Envotion
Jay Lumen
Helvetic Nerds
Henrik B
Joonas Hahmo
Pole Folder
16-bit Lolitas
Kosmas Epsilon
Miami Horror

Check out these mixes of mine, too:

Inner Harbor Sessions (Feb 2009)

House mix 10-23-2009

Also, Dinka is hot as hell:

29921_402175757504_28473737504_3887311_5182759_n.jpg

Thanks man, I'll download now and play them in the car. Thanks for the other artists too, I'll check em out. BTW, have you got the track listing for both mixes?

joelseph

Milhouse31 said:
Sound Pellegrino <3

Teki & Orgasmic 4 LIFE

Fuck yeah, one of the best labels currently.

Speaking of bad ass labels, the RA Label of the Month mix is Night Slugs. Huge. So happy I bought the Girl Unit release.

joelseph

Older mix that is still at the top

Jamie XX for Colette 10
http://soundcloud.com/imranahmed/01-jamie-xx-mix-for-colette-10
http://www.abeano.com/file_download/167/01+Jamie+XX+mix+for+Colette+10.mp3

Electrelane : I Only Always Think
The Streets : Streets Score
The XX : Crystalised (DarkSky Remix)
Silentone : Beat For
Rossi B & Luca : Jah No Dead
Clubroot : Lucid Dream
Darkstar : Aidy’s Girl Is a Computer
Burial : Unite
Fantastic Mr Fox & Rich Reason : Lo-Fi-Ve
Joy Orbison : Hyph Mngo
Skream : Trapped In a Dark Bubble
Silentone : DUB PLATE 1
Aardvarck : One1
James Blake : Sparing The Horse
Boogaloo Crew : Hedgehog Sound
Zomby : Expert Tuition
Deadboy : Heartbreaker
Bad Autopsy : Psionic Terror
Cooly G : Narst
zed bias : To the left (test)
MJ Cole feat. Serocee : AO (MJ’s Open Your Gob Dubb)
DJ Champion: Motherboard
Bertrand Dupart : Ketokole (Boddhi Satva Ancestrial Mix) Fantastic Mr Fox : Plimsoul
Emvee : Glitch Dub
Dorian Concept : Trilingual Dance Sexperience
THE XX : ISLAND (JAMIE XX REMIX)
Silentone : You’ve Got No Love (Feat. Nigh)
Egypt : In The Morning (Original Club Mix)

I checked out that Four Tet remix after Tiga charted it recently....so good brah so good.

Anyways late to reply but that list is total balls (the top 100)...as usual though. Look how low Boys Noize is FFS. One of the best live djs out there easy. He is a mad scientist on the turntables. Check out some live videos of him at Hard NYC early this year. The opening is scary.

I saw Aoki live a few weeks ago....meh. He jumps around a lot, I'll give him that. But his song choice is kinda lame. I liked that he played a Refused song though :D

btkadams

i don't even really like steve angello, but man his record label size matters has cool designs for their shirts.

Xi35L.png

i like that art style.

okno

Fuck you, Beatport! Dropped $66 on 40 tracks last night, and as soon as I bought those I remembered another 30 songs I wanted to get. $100 gone just like that.

But it's all so worth it.

btkadams

okno said:
Fuck you, Beatport! Dropped $66 on 40 tracks last night, and as soon as I bought those I remembered another 30 songs I wanted to get. $100 gone just like that.

i only buy wav off beatport so i'm pretty much constantly crying about my wallet lol.

okno

btkadams said:
i only buy wav off beatport so i'm pretty much constantly crying about my wallet lol.
Ouch! I'm fine with 320, it's really quite sufficient. Its weird, though, when you download a song off there and it turns out to be a vinyl rip and you cleary hear a hiss throughout the song. Really awkward.

djtiesto

okno said:

Haha I usually wait for the 25% off sales before I commit to buy... Of course, even after the sale it ends up being like $100+ :p

Top Bottom