• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Davidion

okno said:
Joy Orbison tonight at Cielo with Francois K whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

So stoked.

Didn't see him in Brooklyn over the weekend. Probably going to pass on this and go to Tycho this Sunday and Bias/Ramadan next Friday.

okno

Davidion said:
Didn't see him in Brooklyn over the weekend. Probably going to pass on this and go to Tycho this Sunday and Bias/Ramadan next Friday.

Yeah, I didn't bother going to MSN after I found out they changed it to 12-turn-13. The sound there isn't great, and that place is tiny. Definitely going to Ramadanman next week, though!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Shaneus said:
I'm a massive fan of pretty much anything that happened inside Paradise Garage :)

Even the gay sex? ;)

haha, j/k - if I was suddenly warped back in time to the late 80's... I'd be hitting up the garage every weekend.

But from what I hear, Francois K has been dropping a lot of dubstep lately. Wish I had off from work on Tuesday so I can see Francois K every now and then - I have only seen this legend play once, at Electric Zoo 2009.

Keep seeing this sub-genre "moombahton" what is it just like it says music slowed down/sped up to 108 bpm? im quite liking it to be fair.

Need some new mix's! Kill the Noise had a good one recently thats been getting played alot!

okno

djtiesto said:
Even the gay sex? ;)

haha, j/k - if I was suddenly warped back in time to the late 80's... I'd be hitting up the garage every weekend.

But from what I hear, Francois K has been dropping a lot of dubstep lately. Wish I had off from work on Tuesday so I can see Francois K every now and then - I have only seen this legend play once, at Electric Zoo 2009.
Yeh, he's had his foot firmly in the dubstep for a while now, but not so much the "womp" variety.

Never ended up at Joy Orbison. Ended up spinning (first gig!) at this private dinner event in an apartment overlooking Central Park. It was pretty fun and they let me do whatever I wanted in two sets (I was the pre- and post-entertainment for, of all things, a string quartet). First set was all deep house/house and the second set was pure techno. People seemed to enjoy themselves a lot. I can upload them if anyone is interested.

Shaneus

djtiesto said:
Even the gay sex? ;)

Ahaha, funny guy!

Shame he's getting into dubsteap, though he did a stellar remix of Disco Infiltrator that erred on the side of breaks which I've always liked... so maybe he wouldn't be too bad.

daviyoung

Banned
Kompakt Records have released a Japanese benefit compilation.

34 tracks for €8, all full versions. Some seriously great techno, tech-house and minimal.

1. Marsen Jules Trio Les Fleurs [Oktaf]
2. Ezekiel Honig Past Tense Kitchen Movement [Anticipate]
3. Jahcoozi Lost In The Bass [Bpitch Ctrl]
4. Space System Petik [Optimo Music]
5. Greie Gut Fraktion Wir Bauen Eine Neue Stadt (Wolfgang Voigt remix) [Monika]
6. Manaboo Unhuh [Steadfast]
7. Efdemin Time [Dial]
8. Antonelli Waiting For You [Italic]
9. André Lodemann Searchin’ [Best Works]
10. Lawrence Dwelling On The Dunes [Laid]
11. Michael Mayer Picanha Frenesi [Kompakt]
12. Nhar Megumi [200 Records]
13. Xaver von Treyer Lunar Rover [Supersoul]
14. Cosmic Kids Reginald’s Groove [Throne Of Blood]
15. My Favorite Robot The Future Will Judge Us [My Favorite Robot]
16. Kaito Open My Window [Kompakt]
17. Audision Red Sky [And]
18. Monkey Maffia Yo Baby Yo [Freude Am Tanzen]
19. Nick Höppner Makeover [Ostgut Ton]
20. Gowentgone Love & Respect [Vidab]
21. Glitterbug Parted [C.Sides]
22. SCSI-9 Electric Flowers [Pro-Tez]
23. Dusty Kid America [Boxer]
24. Tassilo Petite Patate [Rrygular]
25. Davenport & Deutschmann Trump [Falkplatz]
26. Mr. Statik Smoothest Cat On The Block [Memo]
27. Someone Else Funny Day Elsewhere [Foundsound]
28. Ana Helder El Groove De Tu Corazon [Comeme]
29. Anne-James Chaton Vendredi 26 Juin 2009 Événement N°23 [Raster]
30. Borngräber & Strüver People Crying [M=Minimal]
31. Metaboman Stony [Musik Krause]
32. Maya Jane Coles You [Hypercolour]
33. DJ Olive Kokanee’s Drop [Agriculture]
34. Out Of Plato’s Cave Rainbow For Dawn Shane Berrys Rainbow for Japan Mix [Greta Cottage Workshop]

Available from sites listed here, as well as junodownload.

Shaneus

Ooh, will check it out. Edit: It's 14 minutes?!? Epic is an understatement on length alone!

One of my faves. Filthy, chargey as fuck. I wish I could drop it in a mix without the fear that it would scare off anyone not charging/peaking off their heads. What genre would that be classified in? Hard electro, I guess?

Edit #2: Love America. It's a hard track to describe, but it definitely resonates with me. Very Orbital than anything else, I guess... but with a bit of a Jam & Spoon vibe.

daviyoung

Banned
Shaneus said:
One of my faves. Filthy, chargey as fuck. I wish I could drop it in a mix without the fear that it would scare off anyone not charging/peaking off their heads. What genre would that be classified in? Hard electro, I guess?

Sounds more warm-up than peak time to be honest. Same as America, have no idea how to class it really, although it gives me Horrorist vibes.

Shaneus said:
Edit #2: Love America. It's a hard track to describe, but it definitely resonates with me. Very Orbital than anything else, I guess... but with a bit of a Jam & Spoon vibe.

Yeh it's really nice. The Egg - Nothing (Dusty Kid Loves Rock Mix) has a similar, but dirtier vibe.

okno

daviyoung said:
Sounds more warm-up than peak time to be honest. Same as America, have no idea how to class it really, although it gives me Horrorist vibes.

Sounds like tech-house, to me. That'd be perfect for warm-up, definitely! Might need to steal that idea :3

Has anyone checked out the SCB xlr8r mix? It's out of this world good. http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2011/04/scb

<3 SCB+Scuba

Shaneus

I (now) actually remember dropping that track (I Want Your Soul) in a mix... surprisingly, it was after a big night out, at home and buzzing. That was a fun little set :D

okno

Sorry for turning this into the "self-promotion dj thread," but I've been sitting on this since Monday and am really happy with it and wanted to share. Its the opening set I did on Monday, all deep house/house and its got a pretty solid groove throughout. It turned out a lot better than I had thought, even with the two (kinda big) hiccups (I got distracted by this couple that were talking to me throughout). Hope you guys enjoy!

www.soundcloud.com/eirikurh/economy-candy

KZA - Transaction
Mount Kimbie - Before I Move Off
Nicolas Jaar - Can't See What Is Burning There
Ulysses & Filipsson - Valentinoland (Hlytt og Gott Version)
Ryo Murakami - Just for This
Matthew Dear - Little People (Black City) (Mark E Remix)
Bicep - Darwin
M - Pop Muzik (Todd Terje Remix)
Maceo Plex - Love U Mama
Richard Sen - Monkey Temple
Jaffa Surfa - Disko Z (The Revenge Remix)
LoSoul - Lies (Watch Your Lift)
Tom Trago - Being With You
Ooft - Yeah (Jay Shepheard Unreleased Easter Edit)
KiNK - Metropole
The Revenge - Elements of Fife (main mix)
Marc Houle - Meatier Shower

Kraftwerk

Secede - Tryshasla

Eeq56.jpg

Is there anything like this out there?

I mean goddamn...

so organic "cries"

Ashhong

JustAnotherOtaku said:
So dance-GAF, anyone seen Above & Beyond before? Going to see them tomorrow night, pretty excited!

Heh, you wont get much Trance love in here, but I've seen them twice now and they are amazing. You should be excited, the love from the crowd is amazing. I'll be seeing them again in a month
3AQmK.gif

Ashhong said:
Heh, you wont get much Trance love in here, but I've seen them twice now and they are amazing. You should be excited, the love from the crowd is amazing. I'll be seeing them again in a month
3AQmK.gif

Good to hear! :)

Yeah I wouldn't say I'm a huge Trance fan myself either, mainly Techno and some House. But I've always wanted to go to a proper Trance night and couldn't pass up this opportunity.

subrock

oh hi!

(having soundcloud copyright issues, so its a mediafire link this time)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ub1k2s0sagtuvct

1. que veux-tu - yelle
2. yeah (mickey remix) - beni
3. give it up (feat josie stingray) - hint
4. hot mess (duck sauce remix) - chromeo
5. keep up with you (lifelike remix) - teenage bad girl
6. congratulations (erol alkan rework) - MGMT
7. demons (yuksek vocal remix) - fenech-soler
8. I follow rivers (the magician remix) - lykke li
9. my turn - louis la roche and yann destal
10. stay up - evil nine
11. self control ( fenech-soler remix) - Sunday Girl
12. indestructible (a-trak remix) - robyn
13. where are your teeth - Aston shuffle
14. Jam for Jerry - holy ghost!
15. never let me go (aeroplane remix) - human league
16. the Truth (sam la more remix) - Pnau
17. you can dance ( fare-soldi gonzobot remix) - Chilly gonzales
18 civilization - Justice

Shaneus

Haven't seen you 'round here in a while, subrock. Your Twitter feed has been eerily quiet, too.

Even though you've been under the radar a bit, you've still managed to churn out a mix while I've been in here constantly, doing nothing :/

subrock

school is a real bitch right now so its been hard to carve out enough real time to make a mix, plus I've been between gear due to brokeness. A pretty girl asked me to make this one so I had to oblige. hah.

subrock

I actually did in ableton :) I had to sell my turntables and mixer in February but I have a pioneer midi controller that I'm using for gigs now. At very least I'm versatile :)

Top Bottom